Ai®a©ob®a

A,B or C Which Ending Did You Choose? *Contains Spoilers*

202 members have voted

1. 1. Wish Ending Did You Choose?

• A) Kill Michael
    • B) Kill Trevor
    • C) Chose Nither Of Them

SuperGTFan

The best part of the B option is when Jimmy and Amanda started to bitch about Michael's death to Franklin and Trevor. Ain't nobody got time fo dat.

Edited by SuperGTFan

SilentSeasons

Canonically, I picked C as it feels the most complete and conclusive.

I do give props to B, though, as I really love how it almost brings the story full circle. Michael thought he had gotten away from his violent life of crime, betraying everyone he knew in the process. He underestimates Franklin, seeing him as a simple ambitious gangbanger from the hood that he takes under his wing as a way to bolster his own massive ego. This is hinted at throughout the game, such as him fobbing off Weston's sh*tty car job on Franklin with the ultimate aim of meeting his idol, Solomon--all the while lying through his teeth, assuring Franklin that he cares about him and wants to make him a successful criminal. Michael didn't take account of Franklin's intelligence and the fact that he saw right through his bullsh*t and, in a twist of fate, karma comes back and kicks him in the ass.

Meanwhile, Franklin gets abandoned by his 'new mentor' Weston, pretty much loses Lamar as a friend and gets everything he wants--but he ends up just like Michael in the end--living in a big house with no one who cares about him and never able to achieve happiness.

El Zodape

Even though I've criticized A and B a lot, the latter is not that bad for reasons people already explained in this thread.

C is the classic GTA ending where the protagonist kills the bad guy and lives a life of tranquility.

A is still pretty sh*t and lackluster. The only thing that has going for it is that it makes sense in a real life scenario: Trevor is a nutjob that will get everyone killed. But apart from that, it doesn't help the story at all. It's not sad or happy. You don't really accomplish something like in C, or bring the story to a full circle like in A. It was just thrown in there just to please some butthurt fans. Plus, it makes no sense for Trevor to run away from Franklin. He tried shooting back at Michael in Bury the Hatchet, but he doesn't even defend himself from Franklin? Laaaazy.

SuperGTFan

You're making Franklin look like he can't handle himself against anyone.

Edited by SuperGTFan

Nameless Foot Soldier

I really hate ending C. I feel someone has to pay the price for all this murder, sin, greed and misfortune. And since I feel Michael is the antagonist to the whole game, he must be the one to die.

Xing of Virtue

Ending Michael's life, revenge of Brad.

RayB_ThrowaStack

C because Franklin has no reason to kill Michael or Trevor and they both have been loyal to him. Also A and B makes me feel like a dick so f*ck that

Thelema93

F and M have a reason to end Trevor. I mean he is a liability and a dangerous guy to be around. Just think about all the sh*t he gets the trio into during the story. Stealing a Chinese super weapon and nearly getting them on every watch list on the entire planet, Kidnapping the wife of a powerful Mexican gangster which causes them to hide out in the desert. he's the cause of a lot of problems. As Steve Haines puts it " Trevor is a liability that none of us can afford" so it makes sense that they would wanna get rid of T. But I never do it because T is my fav out of the trio and I love free roaming with him after the story.

But on the other hand, ending B dosen't make much sense IMO. Why would Franklin even listen to that douche Devin Weston after not getting paid for them cars? Franklin didn't even have any beef with Michael so why would he kill him just because Devin asked nicely? I just don't think it makes any sense.

ThaJackelin920

I pick C because.. I don't like wasting characters the A and B endings are pointless since there's a story dlc coming with them three

Xing of Virtue

Unless it's a prequel. :whistle:

UshaB

I chose C. I literally thought that option involved having Franklin dying so I thought I should go out John Marston style, not just a man, but a legend among men!

RayB_ThrowaStack

C makes the most sense. Franklin should be loyal to them like they have been. Idc what anyone says but for me C is the only ending.

ArsMoriendi

C, of course. I got way too attached to see either of them go. Got majorly stressed before I saw that there was an option C, I thought I'd actually have to kill one of them.

I watched both endings online and while option B was heart-wrenching and hard to watch, option A made me sick to my stomach and fastened me with a deep hatred for Michael. I didn't like him in the first place, but I started to despise him after seeing option A. Trevor may be crazy, but his mental illness doesn't give Michael an excuse to slaughter is best friend.

Predator

I picked C , ain't that a bitch ?

Xing of Virtue

I picked B, ain't that a biatch?

XenoxX

I picked B, ain't that a biatch?

god, you need a new name:

Super Bump Xing

Xing of Virtue

Should I really care?

ThatKyloRenGuy

Although I never really cared for any of the three endings as they were all rather sloppy and nothing that special, I chose A initially and here’s what I have to say about each ending:

Choice A

Positives: Trevor dies (I never cared for him anyway)

Negatives: Steve, Devin, Wei Cheng, and Stretch all live

Choice B

Positives: None really

Negatives: Trevor, Devin, Steve, Wei Cheng, and Stretch all live

Choice C

Positives: Devin, Steve, Wei Cheng, and Stretch all die

Negatives: Trevor lives

To be honest, my order of how much I like them and how realistic they are goes like this: A, C, B

Crossbones

"My bad, homie. I picked C. Ain't that a bitch?"

iiCriminnaaL 49

Despite the fact I don't like Trevor (no, not because he killed Johnny), I still think A is the best choice. Even though C seems to be the (non sense) canon ending.

As for B, killing Michael just feels kinda miserable and out of place. Franklin after all is loyal to Michael, and he sees him as the father he never had. But Trevor... he knows who he is, even though he's a friend of his.

C? Feels so rushed and makes no sense. So, lemme understand it, the trio were like: "We were always able to take each of Weston, Haines, Cheng and Stretch down since the beginning, but we saved it for the end so it'll be a little more exciting."

Also, why Cheng and Stretch were even targeted then? Yeah, I know that Cheng is a rival of Trevor, and so Stretch is to Franklin, but their priority was to take Weston and Haines out so both Trevor and Michael be saved. I don't see why do both of Wei and Harold have to be forced in option C while they could've served a better role in a few earlier missions which R* could've added.

As for A, I think it's the realistic action that anybody on Franklin's shoes would do. But well, let's not talk about realism and such.

Killing Trevor still makes more sense than the other two options. Because both of Michael and Franklin know what a dangerous psychopath Trevor is, and all he would get them into is risk. There could've been some role for Devin in option A; since he wants Michael dead, and while the FIB wants Trevor dead, both of Townley and Clinton would deal with Devin before they do so with Philips.

I also liked the few last lines of Michael at the ending of option A, especially: "...there's got to be a limit, kid... That's my limit." and "Surviving is winning, Franklin! Everything else is bullsh*t!"

Another aspect I find interesting about option A; 9 years earlier, meanwhile during the story's prologue, Michael fails in getting Trevor killed, but by picking option A, he finally succeeds at the end.

Edited by iiCriminnaaL 49

TheSantader25

@iiCriminnaaL 49

Posts like this may suggest that you haven't even paid enough attention to the game. 

2 hours ago, iiCriminnaaL 49 said:

Despite the fact I don't like Trevor (no, not because he killed Johnny), I still think A is the best choice. Even though C seems to be the (non sense) canon ending.

One thing you need to take into consideration, is the theme of the game. GTA V doesn't want to tell a deep story like IV. it wants to tell an action packed badass story . GTA V's story is the typical Hollywood action style story. Option C suits the theme of the game more. 

C? Feels so rushed and makes no sense. So, lemme understand it, the trio were like: "We were always able to take each of Weston, Haines, Cheng and Stretch down since the beginning, but we saved it for the end so it'll be a little more exciting."

Also, why Cheng and Stretch were even targeted then? Yeah, I know that Cheng is a rival of Trevor, and so Stretch is to Franklin, but their priority was to take Weston and Haines out so both Trevor and Michael be saved. I don't see why do both of Wei and Harold have to be forced in option C while they could've served a better role in a few earlier missions which R* could've added.

The trio clearly said they wanted no loose ends. If cheng was still alive, he would cause more trouble for Trevor. Because the survival and success of Chinese businesses could only come true if They could erase Trevor from Blaine County. 

Stretch would also come back to kill or kidnap Lamar. Causing Franklin more trouble because he would have to save Lamar again. The Trio wanted a clean end and they wanted no trouble ever anymore. So they cleared any potential threat. 

However those to could have their own missions to be killed in Earlier stages. 

If anything C feels the most developed ending. A doesn't fit the personality of Franklin amd Trevor. Trevor would never escape from a guy like Franklin. He would take him head on. The Trevor that runs away doesn't seem like the Trevor we saw throughout the story. Just like you said Franklin is loyal to Michael, he is loyal to Trevor as well as he proves multiple times throughout the story that he considers both as his mentors and is willing to help them at any moment(like he helped Trev with the O'Neil problem) 

We were always able to take each of Weston, Haines, Cheng and Stretch down since the beginning, but we saved it for the end so it'll be a little more exciting."

Lol that can literally be said about almost any movie or video game. Why does the antagonist almost always dies at the end? Well guess what because it's a movie or a video game. 

HelloMyNameIsHuman

I chose option C because the red pill and blue pill are not real and are just illusions and division. Michael and Trevor are both Victims. So is Franklin. Despite their differences, they are all victims of powerful people who used and abused them. A and B choice is red pilling or blue pilling. And failing. C is the Third Way - when you come to the fork in the road, and go straight and make your own mind up, and realize that none of the protagonists deserve to die for that scumbag and the others who deserved to die with him in option C.

One pill makes you smaller (you feel inferior, and LEFT behind. One pill makes you larger, you feel RIGHTeous, but are not, because your ego is big and you LEFT the LEFT behind. The middle is correct. And that is the whole point of GTA V: Don't choose sides. Kill the ones who choose sides. It is not a GTA V thing and not new, so it should help hunters, too).

This song I will link is not about drugs, or rather is only metaphorically about drugs. It is about the red pill blue pill matrix of lies that is not new, just new to people who are in the demographic who play these games the most, in this way, it's basically GTA V's final mission and sentiment of the story and the world it is portrayed in, in a song:

Edited by JuliusCaesar

Darealbandicoot
On 8/5/2015 at 9:44 AM, ThaJackelin920 said:

I pick C because.. I don't like wasting characters the A and B endings are pointless since there's a story dlc coming with them three

Rockstar be like :"Well have we got news for you! No Story DLC will ever come! Pick whatever you want and it won't matter AT ALL since you'll never see these characters ever again! Your welcome! Buy Shark Cards" 

Ondr4H

I choose C , kill Michael is absolutely mess, because thanks to him Franklin made it to the top.Also Franklin is a good kid...

Trevor, why?He is unstable, but also have good traits and kill him only for better sleep of these FIB clowns?

C is best, because you square up with everybody in game .Satisfying ending at all.

Freodon

C is the best from gameplay perspective because you get all 3 characters in free roam... but it is also the best story-wise. Franklin goes to Lester for advice which suits him instead of making some stupid decision himself.

Kill Trevor is good too, no one really likes him and no one will miss him, and also killing him happens to solve their problems.

Kill Michael is just plaind bad! Franklin wouldn't do that to his de-facto mentor.

Edited by Freodon