3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

survival cheating

RichiesTrucking

RichiesTrucking

i just hosted a survival with a friend and 2 randoms joined. waves 1 and 2 were ok except from one person not showing on the end kill table. then waves were passing without any enemies showing so i messaged one of them (charger_norway) and asked them to kick the person who i suspected (frankowski89 or something very similiar to that) to be cheating (the one not on the list) and they replied no, we get free money. i replied with a not nice message then left and offline my friend said that after i left the enemies started appearing. she was going to leave but i told her to stay put but dont kill anyone unless you have to. let them deal with it. the guy i suspected got killed then they both left so i joined my friends game which was now wave 8. just a chopper to take down, same in wave 9. wave 10 was 3 or 4 cars.

the end result was that the cheats got their arses handed to them because i left which clearly upset the cheat that they were using then they left and we got the rewards for an easy survival :lol:

if you feel the need to cheat, do it in story mode so you dont waste my time and patience!

idonknowhow

what console? you can leave and join again anytime even the job started! it seems to cheat already

RichiesTrucking

PS4

i thought if they left then the rest would revert back to normal but the enemies didnt show up

That's nonsense, why would a cheater stop cheating after you leave? They could just continue doing what they do and not get killed. Sounds more like a bug to me.

BTW good job naming the cheater but not saying what service that is...

RichiesTrucking

i left because i wasnt interested in cheating. i play survivals for the fun of it so cheating defeats my purpose. i told my friend to stay because she said the enemies started spawning after i left and i wanted her to tell me how they got on. not well :lol:

i only went back in because it appeared to go back to normal so i decided to finish the job instead of wasting it. i didnt go to plan but at least the cheaters didnt get anything from invading my survival. as host i did kick the suspected cheater but it didnt work so i guess everyone has to vote them off

Ai®a©ob®a

what console? you can leave and join again anytime even the job started! it seems to cheat already

Survival is the only game where you can speculate someone and if there is an open spot you can join in the next wave, It's not cheating it's the way R* allowed it.

i left because i wasnt interested in cheating. i play survivals for the fun of it so cheating defeats my purpose. i told my friend to stay because she said the enemies started spawning after i left and i wanted her to tell me how they got on. not well :lol:

i only went back in because it appeared to go back to normal so i decided to finish the job instead of wasting it. i didnt go to plan but at least the cheaters didnt get anything from invading my survival. as host i did kick the suspected cheater but it didnt work so i guess everyone has to vote them off

It only requires 2 votes so you and your friend could've voted and he would've been kicked.

I'm confused. How was he cheating? By not making enemies spawn? But that's the only way to progress in a survival.

Feels to me that it's a connection issue with some freeloaders. God, I hate those.

I don't think anyone was cheating. This happened to me last night on PS3 also. The enemies couldn't kill me and I couldn't kill them. Most of the time. I just stood there and they acted like they detected me around, but couldn't do anything about it. I'm pretty sure it was just a GTA online glitch.

You don't get cars in wave ten it is always one to three helicopters depending on how many human players are in session. But it is hard to say really if it was someone cheating or just some kind of random bug that people were taking advantage of. I play an awful lot of survivals and I've come across them before where enemies just don't spawn and eventually everyone just has to quit. I know that isn't exactly what was happening here as it sounds like you were actually completing the waves without seeing any action where as in the normal way of things with this type of issue the wave just can't progress if the enemies don't spawn in.

More recently I've frequently come across another bug where one enemy just keeps sinking into the ground and then briefly popping up for a few seconds to shoot before disappearing back into the ground again. It is quite annoying as sometimes when doing this they even spawn outside of the play area and as they don't move but just keep popping in and out of the ground on the spot you have to leave the area yourself to try and kil them and of course if you leave the designated area for too long you get kicked out.

RichiesTrucking

when they were there, the first 2 waves were normal apart from only 3 of 4 player names showing. Then no enemies at all until I left. They showed on the next wave and 2 players left when one got killed. I rejoined and no NPCs turned up, only vehicles and they were incorrect for the waves

JoshD4PreZ

when they were there, the first 2 waves were normal apart from only 3 of 4 player names showing. Then no enemies at all until I left. They showed on the next wave and 2 players left when one got killed. I rejoined and no NPCs turned up, only vehicles and they were incorrect for the waves

Yeah that sounds like a bug, a lot of survivals I've been in have had relatively the same sort of weird things happen. Finish wave 10 and the screen gets dim and looks like you're about to get "survival passed screen" but nothing happens for 15 minutes, until someone finally leaves? Kill only one enemy and get wave 7 complete? Finish a wave and the timer doesn't ever start to count down for the next? nobody is cheating, these kinds of things happen randomly to a good bit of players, it is GTA online after all..

Being as you were on PS4, The only way they could cheat at a survival would be in a wall breach racking up kills (from what it sounds like they weren't getting any kills) or using a god mode glitch (again racking up kills). There's no way they could be modding so if anything it could have been freeloading at most. Sounds more like a bug than anything. I'm gonna take a guess that it was either processed, boneyard, or sandy survival right?

Edited by JoshD4PreZ

Oh okay sounds like a weird bug then.

• 2 months later...

Never heard of this - sounds like bug. I have played survivals where a random would just stand around and do nothing. Hacked me off