2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

R* Verified Hate?

PhoGarrett

PhoGarrett

So, R* just verified 10 jobs recently and someone put it on the forums and asked what people thought about it, and the ones that got the most likes were these:

"Oh boy can't wait to play YET ANOTHER jump styled race, so much fun!"

"'Ramps Ramps Ramps'? What the f*ck? Is the entire racing community 8?"

"Still none of my jobs? Guess I'll just keep trying them. I'm genuinely pissed that none of my jobs are ever considered for verification, but yet a f*cking race called 'RAMPS RAMPS RAMPS' gets in. f*ck that noise."

So, as I see, most are agitated about a race geting verified that has ramps in the title (hide the children!) and that their own jobs weren't verified. But I must ask, are these really valid reasons to get mad at R*? I mean, on paper the verification system doesn't look half that bad. If they see your map, play it, and like it enough, you get verified. Simple as that. Having ramps in a title of a job seems to also automatically mean that it's a terrible job, but I think it's just because it gives people flashbacks to Jumps Jumps Jumps. They have verified better races, and they still are catering to the racing crews with long and technical tracks. So is there something I'm missing or are people just bitching for the sake of bitching?

Edited by dillono
  • Like 5

GamesBoy316

People are bitching because they're jealous that their jobs didn't get verified.

Quinn_flower

that would be my thread your referring to op

slowburn29

I bitch that its the absolute laziest way to sit on your fat ass and pretend you are regularly adding content

looking at you dan

PhoGarrett

I bitch that its the absolute laziest way to sit on your fat ass and pretend you are regularly adding content

1385964936217.gif

Its not about that specific race at least in my case I commented multiple times and it is more about me wanting more missions I don't really play those kind of jorbs so I care not for """"""" verified jobs"""""""

I have not created any "jobs" so jealousy is not a factor in my case

PhoGarrett

Its not about that specific race at least in my case I commented multiple times and it is more about me wanting more missions I don't really play those kind of jobs so I care not for """"""" verified jobs"""""""

I have not created any "jobs" so jealousy is not a factor in my case

That's a valid opinion, and I respect that, but did you ever take the time to think that the people on the other side might think that they're also might be getting tired of playing the same missions too?

Edited by dillono
  • Like 1

I consider Rockstar picking out jobs that REALLY stand out.

The job that Rockstar picked that says, "Ramps! Ramps! Ramps!" that obviously features a race concerning a series of ramps (not much original), whereas the title itself only sticks out in the least.

This makes all those passionate people who've tried their hardest creating jobs for the community...very disappointed.

Because most creators take pride in their work, and or except the least of what Rockstar should deliver in verifying "good" jobs.

Most creators compare their own works to that of what is actually delivered to them, most are with the interest of possibly Rockstar acknowledging their own works usually having somewhat of an ulterior motive within each individual (fame, esteem, etc.).

It is of my best interest where my opinions should not stand - then again, a job with that as ridiculous title should not be appraised (unless you've made that job yourself, then kudos).

But, it is great that a job got accepted by Rockstar.

PhoGarrett

If you spent hours upon hours making a job, good for you. Just making it and hoping it'll get verified is a pretty dumb mindset though. If you want your job to get verified, you'll have to find a place to get it attention. Four members from one of my creator crews got verified in the same newswire (ramps ramps ramps was one of them), so clearly they check out places where user-created content is held, so just distribute it somewhere you know fellow creators will see and play. That way R* sees your job in a place they're looking for jobs. If you have one that stands out from the crowd there's a possibility it'll be played by the devs, and if it's good to them it'll get verified.

Edited by dillono

CrysisAverted

Reminder that R* verified multiple tracks of known mass murderers

PhoGarrett

Reminder that R* verified multiple tracks of known mass murderers

Oh c'mon, you guys aren't even trying anymore. :dozing:

Quinn_flower

op you sound like a person who just got his/her job verified and wondering why people are downvoting it or hating it in general.

If you spent hours upon hours making a job, good for you. Just making it and hoping it'll get verified is a pretty dumb mindset though. If you want your job to get verified, you'll have to find a place to get it attention. Four members from one of my creator crews got verified in the same newswire (ramps ramps ramps was one of them), so clearly they check out places where user-created content is held, so just distribute it somewhere you know fellow creators will see and play. That way R* sees your job in a place they're looking for jobs. If you have one that stands out from the crowd there's a possibility it'll be played by the devs, and if it's good to them it'll get verified.

aka youtube whoring it. Edited by Quinn_flower
  • Like 2

Is that why you are asking such a question? Because you know you are somewhat connected to this and in favor of your one-sided topic?

Well that explains it...

...hopefully I helped contribute to answering your question in the least?

Aren't you supposed to post in the thread you are replying to rather than post a whole new thread?

Also "Rockstar Verified" means absolutely nothing imo simply because they don't know what real races are, they just verify whatever will satisfy the immature player base's crash and jump fetish. Of course, crashing because of PITing and jumps are awesome, but the second you put a difficult turn in a race that everyone crashes on, no one likes that.

• Like 2

PhoGarrett

aka youtube whoring it.

*Cough* *Cough* There's plenty of places other then YouTube to share jobs. Sharing your jobs on YT doesn't seem that pratical either.

• Like 1

Shadowfennekin

I've seen player created content that is WAY better than 99% of the verified content(And no, I'm not talking about mine or my friends' content I mean ones I've been invited to)

• Like 2

Quinn_flower

aka youtube whoring it.

*Cough* *Cough* There's plenty of places other then YouTube to share jobs. Sharing your jobs on YT doesn't seem that pratical either.theres three places that stunt works 1. reddit 2. twitch 3. youtube or by a youtuber posting it on their video. tried that Jumps jumps jumps not my cup of tea.

I already got my red r* verified shirt already but its sucks for others who spent hours making good content only to lose to some of these questionable jobs but then I digress.

Edited by Quinn_flower

PhoGarrett

Aren't you supposed to post in the thread you are replying to rather than post a whole new thread?

It isn't directly related to the main topic. Rather just asking why people complain about verification in general.

Edited by dillono

1385964936217.gif

It makes perfect sense. The boi is mad 'cause Rockstar is releasing "verified" user creations instead of actual official content. Same approach Valve f*cked up Team Fortress 2 with.

Quinn_flower

better yet let the players decide to be verified. let's put that voting system to work. the highest rated jobs in the period of two months can be r* verfied since the general public agreed to it by giving a Thumbs up or down.

PhoGarrett

Same approach Valve f*cked up Team Fortress 2 with.

I know a lot of people who would probably say no to that.

Edited by dillono

better yet let the players decide to be verified. let's put that voting system to work. the highest rated jobs in the period of two months can be r* verfied since the general public agreed to it by giving a Thumbs up or down.

Don't know. To be fair, I "like" pretty much every job I play, simply because I tap Enter to get to the voting screen already.

InactiveNew

I played with R* last night in the R* Verified Jobs playlist watch me here http://www.twitch.tv/rockstargames/v/5069712, i won the first playlist and race. Every job is awesome when played with full lobbies the ramps, ramps, ramps job was just epic i don't understand peoples logic and hate do these people actually understand their true concepts? I doubt it because half the comments I've seen have been disgusting these jobs require good skill and team work and i thought all the races i played last night were awesome.

I never thought ever i'd get verified because i never cared i just love creating clean content for fellow players that make people smile and inspire other creators, that's always been my aim. Simple and effective, maybe some should take the same emphasis rather than being disrespectful to those who put so much time and effort in.

R* deserve credit in the first place for choosing to verify are jobs, I don't get some people i really don't. I'm not bothered ill keep creating and bringing the fun to GTA5 Online because this is a game or do people forget that. Lets just create, play and share but more importantly have fun together :)

Its my birthday today so ill be having a good weekend enjoy yours!

• Like 2

Quinn_flower

Don't know. To be fair, I "like" pretty much every job I play, simply because I tap Enter to get to the voting screen already.

you can only vote once on ur gamertag/psn/steam id. if you try to boost votes you will get dq.

and the job has to have a certain amounts of plays and votes/comments to be consider to be verified.

and no deathmatch 1000000x rp jobs are allowed

Edited by Quinn_flower

you can only vote once on ur gamertag/psn/steam id. if you try to boost votes you will get dq.

Never happened to me. Though I only play official jobs.

Because none of these verifieds are special, yet messing up my map.

I don't care what rockstar want to verify, but an option to keep these unwanted crap away from map would be appreciated.

• Like 9

Quinn_flower

Never happened to me. Though I only play official jobs.

no no Im just saying if there was a system in place this is how they should do it.

PhoGarrett

I don't care what rockstar want to verify, but an option to keep these unwanted crap away from map would be appreciated.

Are triggers for jobs really that bad? I mean I spend most of the time in the creator and playing jobs, but are they really that big of an issue?

Quinn_flower

Are triggers for jobs really that bad? I mean I spend most of the time in the creator and playing jobs, but are they really that big of an issue?yes. everywhere i run or walk in to poof into the cloud.

this is a one sided conversation anyway...

I played with R* last night in the R* Verified Jobs playlist watch me here http://www.twitch.tv/rockstargames/v/5069712, i won the first playlist and race. Every job is awesome when played with full lobbies the ramps, ramps, ramps job was just epic i don't understand peoples logic and hate do these people actually understand their true concepts? I doubt it because half the comments I've seen have been disgusting these jobs require good skill and team work and i thought all the races i played last night were awesome.

I never thought ever i'd get verified because i never cared i just love creating clean content for fellow players that make people smile and inspire other creators, that's always been my aim. Simple and effective, maybe some should take the same emphasis rather than being disrespectful to those who put so much time and effort in.

R* deserve credit in the first place for choosing to verify are jobs, I don't get some people i really don't. I'm not bothered ill keep creating and bringing the fun to GTA5 Online because this is a game or do people forget that. Lets just create, play and share but more importantly have fun together :)

Its my birthday today so ill be having a good weekend enjoy yours!

side note happy b-day may you have many more years to come! Edited by Quinn_flower