2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Connection issues on free-mode since launch

MrWuggy

When GTA V was released in November for PS4 I was expecting Online to be quite stable. On last-gen I rarely encountered any network errors and despite the graphical and computational deficiencies of the PS3 I derived a lot of enjoyment out of that game. Which is why it's so frustrating that my time spent playing GTA on Next-Gen has consisted of mostly connection errors or trying to join lobbies without much success.

I have troubleshooted and have solicited the advice of Rockstar support. I've opened ports, temporarily enabled DMZ, changed NAT to 1, reinstalled the game, changed my DNS settings and still the problems persist.

Oddly I have rarely encountered problems in jobs including heists, LTS, deathmatches and races. It appears to primarily be affecting free mode. For the first few months I couldn't maintain a connection and would be confronted with the "connection lost due to unknown network error" notification, thankfully that has disappeared since they introduced heists but now the whole group of players in a session will leave suddenly which occurs frequently.

I play other games including Destiny and Battlefield and neither of these games are plagued by these connection issues. I'm not posting this with resentment or anything, I still feel it was a justified purchase considering how impressive and intricate heists were, but I miss free mode. Has anyone else experienced this?

RayOfLight

It's happening to me too. It works perfectly fine one night and the next, all I get is "connection lost..." messages. What works for me is joining a crew session, then joining a race through Quick Job and then i return to my crew session but then i go to regular freemode. Might not work for everyone but that's how I do it.

I know it's frustrating tho

What's your theory for why that would resolve the connection issues? And have you ascertained that method works on each occasion?

I have to change sessions 10x to get into a populated room. But 15 mins later I'm alone.

• Like 1

Gta v was released Oct 2013, but yeah we've all had issuse...complaining here is obviously working though! Keep up the good work.

• Like 2

I3IackMamba-__-

I have connection issues from time to time but its more on where I live since I moved. But I didn't know you guys was having problems on next gen

I have connection issues from time to time but its more on where I live since I moved. But I didn't know you guys was having problems on next gen

Yeah it's a mess. Rockstar knows about it and doesn't seem to be to concerned about it. But today, I actually only had to change 2x and got into a room with 11 people then it grew to 20 and no problems. I drove my hexer around and the drove my Enus up to Paleto Bay at night and enjoyed the peace.

OP please explain the graphical and computational deficiencies of the PS3 ?

It has 70x the computing power of the PS2, while the PS4 is a mere 6x upgrade

OT: the servers on new gen are more crowded and R* does not have scalability to support the peak demands

Edited by TheHammer

I've only had about a dozen disconnects since day 1. I went from 360 to PS4. I also don't think there are as many players on Destiny and BF as there are on GTA.

Arrows to Athens

Gta v was released Oct 2013, but yeah we've all had issuse...complaining here is obviously working though! Keep up the good work.

He's talking about the current gen version.

OK, We've all had issues since October 2013...complaining here is really getting that problem fixed isn't it?

Arrows to Athens

OK, We've all had issues since October 2013...complaining here is really getting that problem fixed isn't it?

It's a way of sharing your anger with other GTA members. Better when everyone has the same problem so we all can have a rant in one thread even though Rockstar most likely won't be here to acknowledge any of it.

^you do know this ins't rockstar's site right? Even if they came here occasionally, how frequently do you think that would be and what makes this a more viable conduit for criticism than their own support forum which is just as cluttered with this complaint as this forum is? Complaining here is as useful as yelling it out your bedroom window. Both of which accomplish the same thing. If all they want to to is complain about it, there's a dedicated thread for bitching.

Arrows to Athens

^you do know this ins't rockstar's site right? Even if they came here occasionally, how frequently do you think that would be and what makes this a more viable conduit for criticism than their own support forum which is just as cluttered with this complaint as this forum is? Complaining here is as useful as yelling it out your bedroom window. Both of which accomplish the same thing. If all they want to to is complain about it, there's a dedicated thread for bitching.

Did you even read my reply properly? I just said it's very unlikely that a Rockstar dev would read any of these rants. I never claimed that this was a Rockstar site.

Soran Is On

Joining gta online I get dumped into sessions with 1 or 2 sometimes alone. Dropping into free roam from a job usually puts me in a lobby with 10-25 people. I don't seem to drop connection much at all.

TheComedianIsDead

I like how no one ever considers the compatibility issues between players' own, personal Internet connections and just immediately assumes that it's always on Rockstar. Have they pulled off their online services perfectly. f*ck NO. However, consider the fact that you're playing with any number of connection speeds coinciding with each other at the same time. It's kinda impressive technology can do this at all.