Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (93,073 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
ms21082001

[WIP] [SA] Grand Theft Auto - Liberty City IV

ms21082001

1. Intro

The mod aims to bring the IV feeling to the SA engine, by using the GTA - III era Liberty City as the base. TC will include storyline. timecycle, vehicles, weapons, HUD, CLEO scripts and more.

2. Credits

Dingleman and team - GTA - San Andreas - Liberty City

ms21082001 - Me, the leader

If anyone else wants to help, then contact me on facebook, as Muhammad Xabeeh.

ms21082001

Some pics from stage 1 : Timecycle

gallery1_zpsalkblu8g.jpg

gallery2_zpsl7g57qbt.jpg

gallery3_zpsojgvqca6.jpg

George Costanza

Do you have permission for map?

zmudziak32

And why GTA III map? There are many tools that allow to convert IV's Liberty City on San Andreas Engine. Even GTA V Los Santos is being converted on SA.

R4gN0r0K

i think its actually a nice idea to try to recreate IV's LC with III Parts.

ms21082001

Actually, I am planning to make the IV storyline too, and the maps available on the map are all incomplete, so. This is the map I am using, and I need to take permission from the GTA - San Andreas- Liberty City creators. Can anyone help?

dkluin

Do you have permission to use the map?

This looks like GTA:SA LC.

Edited by dkluin

Jinx.

Do you have permission to use the map?

This looks like GTA:SA LC.

Er, he stated earlier that he uses SA:LC mod and wanna get the permission. ;)

ms21082001

Yeah man, please, can anyone give me the contact of Dingleman?

ms21082001

And also, can anyone make the GTA - IV - HUD size like this? (Smaller and a bit more to the left)

3_zpsgugqbe7f.jpg

It's too big.

120742-1283631619-gta-sa-2010-09-04-18-5

R4gN0r0K

let me guess? Alexander Blade's IV Hud?

You should make your own stuff, you did not make the map and the HUD by yourself, how do you imagine making a storyline?

dkluin

let me guess? Alexander Blade's IV Hud?

You should make your own stuff, you did not make the map and the HUD by yourself, how do you imagine making a storyline?

That's what I meant... However he asks if someone could make a HUD for him.

I think I know where this "total conversion" is going to go.

Try to use your own LC conversion, instead of something that others have made.

I don't think this mod will last very long, tbh...

Using Alexander Blades IV hud, using SA:LC mod, what else would you need?

Edited by dkluin

ms21082001

Man, I am gonna include their credits. And I am not doing this alone, I need a team. I will own the timecycle, textures, loading screens, scripts and many more stuff.

dkluin

Man, I am gonna include their credits. And I am not doing this alone, I need a team. I will own the timecycle, textures, loading screens, scripts and many more stuff.

If someone is interested you'll hear from them.

ms21082001

Hope I do, the only reason I can't do the models is because I have a very low end PC.

Specs :

Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHZ

1.5 GB's of RAM

96 MB Intel® 82865G Graphics Controller

Windows XP SP3

Do you think that can handle 3DS MAX?

ms21082001

Man, then creating a V mod on the San Andreas map would also be considered someone else's work?

dkluin

Hope I do, the only reason I can't do the models is because I have a very low end PC.

Specs :

Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHZ

1.5 GB's of RAM

96 MB Intel® 82865G Graphics Controller

Windows XP SP3

Do you think that can handle 3DS MAX?

Then why are you working on a total conversion? If you can't model anything, how will you "bring the IV feeling to SA"?

ms21082001

It's my job man. Just watch.

Sergiu

I'm sorry to sound a bit rude but this should be taken more as constructive criticism rather than anything else.

So far - the things we've seen are other people's work (apart from the timecyc/which looks far from finished). To gain the community's respect you must make your own things for the most part and only use TINY bits of other people's work.

You cannot be a leader if the only things you're able to do are editing the timecyc through some in-game timecyc editor or basic textures.

Edited by Sergiu

ms21082001

You're right man, I'm new to this forum and thought took it wrong. Maybe, I'll start my own work on GTA - Los Santos - V tomorrow. Thanks all.

dkluin

You're right man, I'm new to this forum and thought took it wrong. Maybe, I'll start my own work on GTA - Los Santos - V tomorrow. Thanks all.

GTA LS-V? Another conversion?

How are you going to do this?

Sergiu

If your skills aren't enough for this TC you think that it would be a good idea to start another with the same skills but an even bigger target?
I don't see the point. Sorry.

ms21082001

Right man, I'll reveal my ideas tomorrow.

universetwisters

Right man, I'll reveal my ideas tomorrow.

All these ideas are making me think the only contributable skill you can bring to anything is just that - ideas.

Leone Family

Why don't you try to make your own map? Maybe an edited version of Liberty City? Or maybe a bigger version of Vice City?(That would be great especially because there was no new version of VC since the PS2 era). Or take me as an example: why don't you create a brand new map that isn't based on any GTA city like I am doing with my Grand Theft Auto Québec mod? Anyway, if you want to make a total conversion, you better know how to make it first. And even if you get permission for your current LC map, it'll look too much like SA:LC mod so your TC won't have anything special. I actually started my GTA Québec TC on September 2013 and I had to start over again on December 2014 because my original mod was extremely corrupted and bugged out. Imagine if I would have made my GTAForums topic at that time...it would have been a disaster!

I hope my message will make you realise the truth.

Albert Einstein said: "Imagination is more important than knowledge"

but me I think that sometimes, you better have a bit of knowledge to be allowed to imagine to prevent making promises that you can't respect...

Ss4gogeta0

Why don't you try to make your own map? Maybe an edited version of Liberty City? Or maybe a bigger version of Vice City?(That would be great especially because there was no new version of VC since the PS2 era). Or take me as an example: why don't you create a brand new map that isn't based on any GTA city like I am doing with my Grand Theft Auto Québec mod? Anyway, if you want to make a total conversion, you better know how to make it first. And even if you get permission for your current LC map, it'll look too much like SA:LC mod so your TC won't have anything special. I actually started my GTA Québec TC on September 2013 and I had to start over again on December 2014 because my original mod was extremely corrupted and bugged out. Imagine if I would have made my GTAForums topic at that time...it would have been a disaster!

but me I think that sometimes, you better have a bit of knowledge to be allowed to imagine to prevent making promises that you can't respect...

I sent them a map they could use... GTA 1 LC... but the only issue would be needing to convert it to the SA Engine

Leone Family

I sent them a map they could use... GTA 1 LC... but the only issue would be needing to convert it to the SA Engine

Oh really? There is a mod for a conversion of GTA 1 Liberty City for the 3D era? What's the name of the mod?

universetwisters

Oh really? There is a mod for a conversion of GTA 1 Liberty City for the 3D era? What's the name of the mod?

He just converted them for 3Dsmax.

Ss4gogeta0

aint none, as UT said. I just converted em... Im also working on converting user made maps from GTA1 & 2 to 3DSMax

ms21082001

Also, can anyone send me a tutorial for converting the 2D era Liberty City into SA?