3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Director Mode - Custom Vehicles?

rixsta

Hi all,

Not sure if this has been discussed already. I have tried the search function but couldn't find anything related.

Is there a way to get Custom Vehicles in Director mode? I read on the Wiki that Single Player vehicles stored in Garages can be accessed in Director mode, but I can't seem to find out how to get to them?

Do I need to complete story mode more for the option to open up? (I currently have only completed the first 5-6 franklin missions, just saved Jimmy from the boat)

Hope someone is able to shed some light on this.

I don't think custom vehicles are available.

I think the stored vehicles are only the main character's personal vehicles. (Franklin's car, Trevor's Truck, Michael's red car). You can't access their storage or any of the custom cars you put in there.

nebraskathomas

Hi all,

Not sure if this has been discussed already. I have tried the search function but couldn't find anything related.

Is there a way to get Custom Vehicles in Director mode? I read on the Wiki that Single Player vehicles stored in Garages can be accessed in Director mode, but I can't seem to find out how to get to them?

Do I need to complete story mode more for the option to open up? (I currently have only completed the first 5-6 franklin missions, just saved Jimmy from the boat)

Hope someone is able to shed some light on this.

Yes you can access vehicles from your main characters in Director Mode without completing story mode. The Director Mode menu will display when you hold down the select button on your game controller. I am not sure what the keyboard function for this is sorry. In the Director Mode menu you can swap characters, adjust the weather/time, select any vehicle from the main characters...etc. I will post a few pictures as soon as I can.

Yes you can access vehicles from your main characters in Director Mode without completing story mode. The Director Mode menu will display when you hold down the select button on your game controller. I am not sure what the keyboard function for this is sorry. In the Director Mode menu you can swap characters, adjust the weather/time, select any vehicle from the main characters...etc. I will post a few pictures as soon as I can.

What about the Online characters?

In director mode I am able to access cars from my SP garage and use them. Customized or not. No online cars. You can use your online chars for director mode tho. M is the key for the menu on the PC.

disturbed325

If you have szabo's persistence mod installed your custom cars will show up in director mode.

Edited by disturbed325

Nick930930

They should've just made the online entirely seperate .exe from the single player.

so sick of all the mods ruining online, and the people defending mod use because they "claim" they only use it in single player.

Either give us admin in dedicated servers.. or ban all mods. End of story. The online is an absolute disaster right now. Me and all my friends are forced to play privately now, and it's really disappointing because I miss hunting down players online for bounties and competing in deathmatches.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

They should've just made the online entirely seperate .exe from the single player.

so sick of all the mods ruining online, and the people defending mod use because they "claim" they only use it in single player.

Either give us admin in dedicated servers.. or ban all mods. End of story. The online is an absolute disaster right now. Me and all my friends are forced to play privately now, and it's really disappointing because I miss hunting down players online for bounties and competing in deathmatches.

It is separate its Gta: v then Gta: online

It is separate its Gta: v then Gta: online

No it's not, online is part of GTAV. To play both you're running GTA5.EXE...