2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Applying a Forza type vehicle classing to GTA?

justinlynch3

justinlynch3

I had a thought, we all know R* has screwed up classing vehicles. We have cars in coupes class that are not coupes, cars in sports class that are not sports, almost every class has those 2 or 3 cars that is just flat out faster then every other car in the class, etc.

So, what about if classing by Muscle, Super, Sport, etc. Instead of that, how about a kinda Forza type A, B, C, D, E, etc type system.

With the Forza type system R* can arrange cars in classes solely based on stats, not having to worry about what type of car it actually is. This should lead to much better balanced classes as well as all cars in a particular class should have comparable stats.

So it could be like.

A

- Adder.

- Zentorno.

- Entity.

- Turismo R.

- (maybe the new rumored super car)

B

Infernus.

Vacca.

Bullet.

Massacro (racecar).

Massacro.

Jester (racecar).

It'd keep going down from there for however many classes they need.

What do you think, with how flawed R* has made the current system, would you adopt this change?

I wouldn't see any harm in it, and at least it should add variety back into many races if they did it this way. I know the games not Forza, but lets face it racing is pretty big and the current system is pretty flawed. So why not?

Could work. But it'd still be somewhat the same. People will still pick the best car in A class and so on.

• Like 1

Could work. But it'd still be somewhat the same. People will still pick the best car in A class and so on.

And they don't do that in Forza? Please.

This would work great.

Mattoropael

At the ABSOLUTE worst, this would create more "best in class" cars simply by the merit of having more classes.

And I really doubt there will all be a definitive best car in ALL new classes. Some of them are going to get much more variety than current classes do right now, and most of them will at least have more competition than the current classes (except the proposed class A, which is and would logically be the current Supers-that-people-actually-use-for-racing roster).

Edited by Mattoropael

And they don't do that in Forza? Please.

This would work great.

"Wouldn't see any harm in it, and at least it should add variety back into many races if they did it this way."

OP suggested it may bring variety back into the races, but if everyone still uses the best of each class, what difference does it make?

justinlynch3

Thing is it should better balance races.

Take any of the 4 cars I put in class A, you can pick any of those cars and win that race. Yes the Zentorno and Entity is a bit quicker then Adder and Turismo, but there isn't so much difference where either car is flat out to slow to compete.

Compare that to R* current system, when do you ever see a Voltic or Bullet winning a super car race? The Voltic keeps up for about 5 seconds off the line before it's pitiful top speeds puts it behind. The Bullet is smoked the instant most races start.

This is what a Forza system will fix. Yes, there will always be a "best" car, but every other car in that same class will be close to that best car. Meaning anything you pick at least has a shot.

• Like 1

"Wouldn't see any harm in it, and at least it should add variety back into many races if they did it this way."

OP suggested it may bring variety back into the races, but if everyone still uses the best of each class, what difference does it make?

By that logic we should just get rid of 99% of cars, force everyone to use only the best for each class.

What do I care if people want to use only the best cars? I don't, I race a variety of cars. Though I admit that variety is often underpowered, which is why we need this classification system. Because cars like the Infernus have no place in the Super class when they are actually slower than some Sports cars.

Also, people who always go for the best car generally do so because they are insecure about their driving, which pretty much guarantees they'll lose.

I agree with the OP. It sounds like a good idea to me. His examples at least seem a lot more balanced than the current classes

The Forza style class system also take into account the modifications applied to cars and changes the class accordingly.

Will never work because there is no real tuning.

Who decides what class the cars belong in? Rockstar couldn't even classify them by body type correctly, you really think they are capable of looking at each cars individual performance?

It is way too late in the game to make that huge of a change anyways.

I do agree that Forza has a better class system.

Edited by Mach1bud
  • Like 1

lord tammerlain

MCLA

A Rockstar game had the same system of classification

A modded muscle car could end up racing an unmodded sport car and potentially win.

• Like 1

justinlynch3

This is not a racing sim op

I even states this in my post and people still gives these responses.

I know it's not a sim, but it could at least be better then it is.

I was thinking about this the other day since some cars don't really fit in the class they're into, like the Felon hardtop in coupe when the car clearly is a sedan.

I was thinking about this the other day since some cars don't really fit in the class they're into, like the Felon hardtop in coupe when the car clearly is a sedan.

It's a "sports luxury saloon". At least that's what Wikipedia calls the Quattroporte (felon).

Chloroform

I don't think a forza system should be put into this game. They just need car guys classing the vehicles, not what they read on the Internet.

Edited by Chloroform

RichNuggetBmw

to be politically correct you didn't state that. what you said is '' i know the games not forza'' not that its not a racing sim op.

nWo_Y2J_2015

I had a thought, we all know R* has screwed up classing vehicles. We have cars in coupes class that are not coupes, cars in sports class that are not sports, almost every class has those 2 or 3 cars that is just flat out faster then every other car in the class, etc.

So, what about if classing by Muscle, Super, Sport, etc. Instead of that, how about a kinda Forza type A, B, C, D, E, etc type system.

With the Forza type system R* can arrange cars in classes solely based on stats, not having to worry about what type of car it actually is. This should lead to much better balanced classes as well as all cars in a particular class should have comparable stats.

So it could be like.

A

- Adder.

- Zentorno.

- Entity.

- Turismo R.

There's a rumored Super car?

to be politically correct you didn't state that. what you said is '' i know the games not forza'' not that its not a racing sim op.

I like your sig. RichNuggetBmw, how'd you get the Showcase t-shirt exactly? I have 30 fully modded stored vehicles and nothing.

SALO or The 120 Days Of Sodom

Yesterday I was playing an offroad race alone and I noticed that the Tornado was in that class.. I sure never noticed that before.

RichNuggetBmw

So it could be like.

A

- Adder.

- Zentorno.

- Entity.

- Turismo R.

I like your sig. RichNuggetBmw, how'd you get the Showcase t-shirt exactly? I have 30 fully modded stored vehicles and nothing.

i unlocked it after purchasing 30 cars, but there is some reports of people with 30 not unlocking it. try selling a car and buying it back.

nWo_Y2J_2015

So it could be like.

A

- Adder.

- Zentorno.

- Entity.

- Turismo R.

i unlocked it after purchasing 30 cars, but there is some reports of people with 30 not unlocking it. try selling a car and buying it back.

I've sold and bought other cars, but never bought the same one back.

RichNuggetBmw

So it could be like.

A

- Adder.

- Zentorno.

- Entity.

- Turismo R.

I've sold and bought other cars, but never bought the same one back.

mhm.. gonna look it up i'll get back to you on it

nWo_Y2J_2015

mhm.. gonna look it up i'll get back to you on it

Ok, thank you!

justinlynch3

Hmm I guess you got me there. lol. Still, the line implied what I meant.

So it could be like.

A

- Adder.

- Zentorno.

- Entity.

- Turismo R.

So far it's on a GTA wiki page, so like I said only a rumor (at best I guess atm). But yea there is a rumored super car coming.

If anyone has a more solid lead on this, feel free to provide it.

Wastelander (Suzuki)

MCLA

A Rockstar game had the same system of classification

A modded muscle car could end up racing an unmodded sport car and potentially win.

I was in a police clan at one time back in the day, I was feared as both a cop and the suspect. As a Cop I used a fully upgraded 96 Impala police car and I was able to not just keep pace with Heavily modified sports cars, I flat out, out ran them at times. The System in MCLA worked well, that was until the wheelmen like myself got things down to a T. The system in GTA V is broken for many reasons, the coin toss nature of the in-game Speed cap being the biggest problem, the cars are speed capped at around 120-145MpH however it is very inconsistent, to the point that in one race your car's speed cap is around 138.5MpH, the next race it is speed capped at 121.2MpH. The System in GTA V would work to a point if the Speed cap wasn't so inconsistent, however the system being used now has the big flaw of "Tiz Iz Bezt kar in Clazz!" (Before anyone asks, Some squeaker said that in a race word for word)

CrysisAverted

So the real question remains...

Would the Blista Compact fit into Sports class or Compact...

nWo_Y2J_2015

It has "Compact" in the name, it should be in the Compact class. Looks stupid IMO when you get in and it says "Dinka Blista Compact, Sports".

• Like 1

Wastelander (Suzuki)

It has "Compact" in the name, it should be in the Compact class. Looks stupid IMO when you get in and it says "Dinka Blista Compact, Sports". Also the fact the Blista Compact is outclassed by just about everything in the sports class.

1) What exactly would this solve?

2) You say 'based on stats' - which stats exactly? Z-Type has top speed on par with supercars, Voltic has acceleration beyond anything else, where would you put these?

3) What about categories like off-road, or sports classic, would you just erase them and replace with categories based on raw power?

Yes the current categorizing is broken, but only because some cars are off. What you suggest is worse. It may work for Forza because it's a racing game with a fixed structure but in GTA you can race with vans or an airport baggage carrier.