4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

[V|REL] Railroad Engineer (train mod)

Jotrius

Railroad Engineer for Grand Theft Auto V

Railroad Engineer is an extension for Grand Theft Auto V to control trains and trams.

Offical Download Page: https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/railroad-engineer

Railroad Engineer for Red Dead Redemption 2

Railroad Engineer is an extension for Red Dead Redemption 2 to improve train driving.

Offical Download Page: https://www.nexusmods.com/reddeadredemption2/mods/214

Edited by Jotrius
  • Like 4

I'm enjoying this too. Finally nice to be in the train cab and controlling it. Could you make a toggle key to turn off/on the speed display? It's for more immersion when I'm taking in all the scenery from the locomotive & tram.

Mod Suggestions:

1. Train Derail on high speed

2. Other AI Trains/Trams while driving a Train/Tram

3. Switch Track

4. Cinematic Camera

5. Tram Doors open/close display while in first person camera

6. More Passenger

7. Mission to Work with LST and get paid (While in mission, add Station Blips so We know where/when to stop)

8. Working Traffic Lights on the tram tracks

9. Maybe make the Tram Longer 4 Car Tram

a little Bug

The Tram is not fully stop on some tram station is slowly move forward, i pressed space (the handbrake) its not working. but if i press S button the tram move backward abit and starts to move forward.

Edited by qiangqiang101

I prefer my enhanced train driver mod over anything else so far.

You should credit HeadScript for the original train driver mod.

Edited by Gecko Moria

Is this script your own or is it an edited version of HeadScript's original script?

He mentioned it somewhere that he made it out of scratch...It does not require LUA...which i why i like it.. :D

Is this script your own or is it an edited version of HeadScript's original script?

He mentioned it somewhere that he made it out of scratch...It does not require LUA...which i why i like it.. :D

Alright, thanks. Doesn't really matter anymore though since HeadScript clarified that he'll allow others to edit and reupload his script.

Alright, thanks. Doesn't really matter anymore though since HeadScript clarified that he'll allow others to edit and reupload his script.

to clarify that even more i should maybe add the Do What the f*ck You Want to Public License

• Like 2

to clarify that even more i should maybe add the Do What the f*ck You Want to Public License

Please..

I noticed there's no more dashboard or interior view in most or almost all vehicles. Which is fine with me. I prefer it that way to have an unobstructed 1st person view from inside some vehicles. So it's best for me in vehicles with very short or no front body forward from the windshield. For example the RV, the Radius Suv and some big rig truck cabs all have the unobstructed 1st person view now. I'm probably one of ten people who like it that way. It was that way in the 360 and I've been waiting for the return of it. If it was not your mod but some other mod I have or something in my settings causing the dashboards to not appear then please accept my apologies if I'm wrong that it could be your mod.

I do notice that there's no dashboard or control panel view in the locomotive or tram. Again I really like that, having such a big full screen view with no interior blocking it when you enter the tram. And in the locomotive if you just pan with the mouse a little to the left you have a full screen view of the landscape without the front nose of the train or anything else in the way. And furthermore as the train moves the view stays put in that position. It doesn't rotate and encounter the body of the train as is the case when you are standing on the train and your body slowly rotates.

Edited by Orlansky

I noticed there's no more dashboard or interior view in most or almost all vehicles. Which is fine with me. I prefer it that way to have an unobstructed 1st person view from inside some vehicles. So it's best for me in vehicles with very short or no front body forward from the windshield. For example the RV, the Radius Suv and some big rig truck cabs all have the unobstructed 1st person view now. I'm probably one of ten people who like it that way. It was that way in the 360 and I've been waiting for the return of it. If it was not your mod but some other mod I have or something in my settings causing the dashboards to not appear then please accept my apologies if I'm wrong that it could be your mod.

I do notice that there's no dashboard or control panel view in the locomotive or tram. Again I really like that, having such a big full screen view with no interior blocking it when you enter the tram. And in the locomotive if you just pan with the mouse a little to the left you have a full screen view of the landscape without the front nose of the train or anything else in the way. And furthermore as the train moves the view stays put in that position. It doesn't rotate and encounter the body of the train as is the case when you are standing on the train and your body slowly rotates.

But there is a setting called 'First Person Vehicles' or something like that which restores classic GTA car first person view. You can set this in vanilla game.

^^ Oh man you're right, it's First Person Vehicle Hood in the Camera section of Settings. That's the toggle between first person in vehicle with no dashboard/interior and with dashboard/interior view. So never mind about all that I wrote. That's not the first time I've been all worked up and long winded for nothing.

Edited by Orlansky

• 2 weeks later...

Railroad Engineer 2.0 is released with derailment, configuration file and some other improvements.

Railroad Engineer 2.0 is released with derailment, configuration file and some other improvements.

Can we drive metro or only the train?

Yes, you can also drive metro/tram and the metro can also derailed. You can disable the derailment in the configuration file. Look at the download page for more screenshots and videos.

Edited by Pearson

vitalik2187836

Can you make realistic entrance as an option? So we need to be near the left and right doors for train, and first dors for tram. This will be awesome.

Can you put Change seat to right like in my Enahnaced Train Driver Mod?

Edited by Gecko Moria

Can you put Change seat to right like in my Enahnaced Train Driver Mod?

I was about to ask tbe same question. :D

@vitalik2187836

I improved the entrance in the current version.

@Gecko Moria

@raburs

Yes this is possible. Do you need this function?

Edited by Pearson

@Gecko Moria

@raburs

Yes this is possible. Do you need this function?

Yes...It would be great.

@raburs ok, will implement the feature for the next version

@teisco it's not possible at the moment

@raburs ok, will implement the feature for the next version

That's great. Cheers.

@Pearson : hammer geiler mod! und gut das mal n deutscher experte hier am start ist!
also folgendes -

nach der version 2.0 also bei der aktuellen 2.5 version habe ich des öfteren immer mehr abstürze!

bin mir nicht so sicher ob das an diesen mod liegt oder am trainer! aber meist geschehen die abstürze halt irgendwo an den train checkpoints während einer fahrt als passagier! (frachtzug)
oder wenn ich den zug fahre! hab die vermutung das das irgendwas mit den "entern" des zuges zu tun hat oder evt wegen der hohen geschwindigkeit des " k.i. fahrers"

außerdem traten noch probleme auf, wenn ich train config bezüglich wagons ändere (mod: d6450b-Train Car Spawn changes V1.2)

und

vielleicht sollte in der .ini datei noch eine zusatz option sein für das verlassen des zuges! (verursacht evt auch die momentanen abstürze)

das sah etwas dämlich aus, als ich ausstieg und der zug mich an der strecke verfolgte :D halt wegen der geschwindigkeit und des abbremsen! beim entern evt. so scripten, das der normale fahrer überlebt und nach verlassen des zuges das steuer wieder übernimmt

jedenfalls sau genialer mod, halt wegen den schönen fahr einstellungen!

ich teste jetzt mal wieder weiter! freu mich auch schon auf weitere neue versionen von dir!

@Pearson : hammer geiler mod! und gut das mal n deutscher experte hier am start ist!

also folgendes -

nach der version 2.0 also bei der aktuellen 2.5 version habe ich des öfteren immer mehr abstürze!

bin mir nicht so sicher ob das an diesen mod liegt oder am trainer! aber meist geschehen die abstürze halt irgendwo an den train checkpoints während einer fahrt als passagier! (frachtzug)

oder wenn ich den zug fahre! hab die vermutung das das irgendwas mit den "entern" des zuges zu tun hat oder evt wegen der hohen geschwindigkeit des " k.i. fahrers"

außerdem traten noch probleme auf, wenn ich train config bezüglich wagons ändere (mod: d6450b-Train Car Spawn changes V1.2)

und

vielleicht sollte in der .ini datei noch eine zusatz option sein für das verlassen des zuges! (verursacht evt auch die momentanen abstürze)

das sah etwas dämlich aus, als ich ausstieg und der zug mich an der strecke verfolgte :D halt wegen der geschwindigkeit und des abbremsen! beim entern evt. so scripten, das der normale fahrer überlebt und nach verlassen des zuges das steuer wieder übernimmt

jedenfalls sau genialer mod, halt wegen den schönen fahr einstellungen!

ich teste jetzt mal wieder weiter! freu mich auch schon auf weitere neue versionen von dir!

Though the author of this mod is german as well, it's international forum, therefore, we speak english here so everyone has a good time communicating.

@SkySta

thanks for your good feedback.

Did you try to play the mod without Train Car Changes? Because the author write from crashes in his description.

Leaving the train: In the next version I will add an option to disable the intelligent train.

Edited by Pearson

i would love if you could turn intelligent freighttrain off in the ini to keep the realism i would also love if you had to get on the train to get inside it and if you get out of it while it's driving it will continue driving

edit i didn't see the above reply thankyou :)

oh and breakforce the longer you hold would be nice

maybe train cargo missions? accessed by going to the train station and be assigned for a job

Edited by ZZCOOL

@zzcool

You can change the brakeforce in the ini file.

Freight Train: TrainBraking

Tram: TramBraking

Edited by Pearson