2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

[Bug] Paying an Insurance Claim on Hostile Player Vehicles

Impact1983

Impact1983

Why is it when I defend myself from a hostile player, I'm deducted cash for destroying their vehicle? Some of these jerks chase you all over with their armored kuma and you get fined for killing them the only way that you can.

I really think this needs to be fixed because it's ridiculous paying $6 - $10,000 when you're the one getting attacked.

I think the quick fix for this is to just simply remove that payment feature from online play. Your insurance company should eat it and you should just pay the deductible (similar to having a helicopter delivered for $200 when a player blows you up).

Edited by Impact1983
  • Like 2

Not really a bug.

Its a broken system.

It HEAVILY favours trolls in Armored Kuruma. Or anyone with highly protected vehicle chasis.

R* just isn't that skilled in producing balanced multiplayer content.

• Like 2

cosmicdance

I just switch to passive mode when I get attacked as I have no interest in being entertainment for 12 year olds with learning difficulties who tour the map in armoured vehicles trying to get their player level up to 1000.

Remember the player's name then when they are in the ammo shop stocking up you use a truck/NPC heavy jeep to ram their vehicle and tip it on its roof or side so they cannot re-enter it when they come out of the shop.

It really is funny watching them try to spray you, in a rage, with an MG when you are in passive mode or send a mugger/mercenaries to kill you.

Basically you get the last laugh at their expense.

Andy

Edited by cosmicdance
  • Like 3

United_Stealth

This has been on my mind as well. Especially the people in the kuruma. The only way you can kill that person is by blowing up there vehicle but it will cost you 6.5k.

And 1 minute and 2 calls later they have it right there next to them again.

I don't think the armored kuruma should be banned, but at least the fine for destroying it should be lower or completely free.

Or make it 50/50. And I think that is the way to go. You can troll, but it will cost you cash.

• Like 1

LordVukodlak

This has been on my mind as well. Especially the people in the kuruma. The only way you can kill that person is by blowing up there vehicle but it will cost you 6.5k.

Not actually true, a combat shotgun at close range can easily empty the Kuruma. The vehicle also has blind spots where the driver can't shoot at you. If you truly want it free put a bounty on the driver then kill him.

• Like 2

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

Misleading title

Also stop moaning about such an amount of money

• Like 1

You can't pay insurance if you don't destroy the car....so what other option is there?

Passive mode

find a new session

crew or invite only sessions

retaliation without explosives

But you chose to blow up the vehicle, are we supposed to sympathize with your lack of judgement or laugh at your ignorance?

Edited by TreFacTor

1) Put a $1000 bounty on the driver

2) Blow up the car

You don't pay insurance that way.

Or call a mugger on them.

Frankly I drive a Kuruma or Insurgent all the time in public lobbies as well, just for protection so I welcome that they're expensive on whoever blows them up. And if someone tries to grief me in their expensive/armored car, I don't mind blowing it up, I engage in pvp so little a few insurance claims are not a concern.

Btw even if you want to stay in the public lobby and don't want to use passive mode for some reason, the city is actually quite large to avoid attackers. Just sayin'.

• Like 2

Just shoot the driver out with the Assault Shotgun. The car is not completely bulletproof, as some will always think.

• Like 2

It's only going to be just under $17,000 at the most. Play a mission and you'll get that back.

Edited by am30
  • Like 1

It's often a griefing tactic.

If a player is being unusually aggressive while I'm, say, on my Sanchez, and they blow it up, I'll call in for an Adder.

I'll intentionally taunt that player until he/she blows up the Adder, too.

Then, after Mechanic cooldown, I'll call in for another Adder and taunt him/her into blowing it up again.

Rinse and repeat until they've just spent $80,000 on my vehicles.

It really doesn't matter to the rich & powerful, but to a player who can't afford it, that's a lot of cash.

It's also a good lesson not to blow up a guy's Sanchez in the first place.

0_0.jpg

• Like 2

A R* could fix this is by making the MMI have a timer until they have your destroyed vehicle replace, like maybe wait 2 or 3 minutes until the vehicle magically appears in the MMI garage

A R* could fix this is by making the MMI have a timer until they have your destroyed vehicle replace, like maybe wait 2 or 3 minutes until the vehicle magically appears in the MMI garage

in other words it's fine like it is....it already takes that long to make the claim and recover your car.....unless you're fighting AT mmi.

-_-

People don't think. Smh

Edited by TreFacTor

United_Stealth

You can't pay insurance if you don't destroy the car....so what other option is there?

Passive mode

find a new session

But you chose to blow up the vehicle, are we supposed to sympathize with your lack of judgement or laugh at your ignorance?

I can throw my pc out of the window and never play gta v again.

I can fly to the moon to be as far away from gtav as possible.

I can do aaaaaallll those things. Doesn't mean that the kuruma isn't unbalanced.

Edited by United_Stealth

Passive mode

find a new session

I can do aaaaaallll those things. Doesn't mean that the kuruma isn't unbalanced.

it's balanced by handicapping the driver and passengers who can't throw explosives and has several blind spots. Cry if you will, others have no issue using either their brains or game mechanics to deal with the "almighty karma" . Edited by TreFacTor

Doesn't mean that the kuruma isn't unbalanced.

Two words for this comment: Tank

Two more words for this comment: Jet

Two more words for this comment: Insurgent

Two more words for this comment: butthurt

0_0.jpg

• Like 2

Why is it when I defend myself from a hostile player, I'm deducted cash for destroying their vehicle? Some of these jerks chase you all over with their armored kuma and you get fined for killing them the only way that you can.

I really think this needs to be fixed because it's ridiculous paying $6 - $10,000 when you're the one getting attacked.

I think the quick fix for this is to just simply remove that payment feature from online play. Your insurance company should eat it and you should just pay the deductible (similar to having a helicopter delivered for $200 when a player blows you up).

There is a solution to this. You just simply put a bounty on them and then you can blow up their vehicle without paying for it 'as long as they are in their pv when you blow it up' And you won't get badsport.

Also in the Insurgent, Kuruma trolls can't do anything. They can't sticky', they can't hit you because you are in a big high truck, and you can pummel them around as much as you like.

Sure it doesn't shield you from people walking on the streets with guns/autoaim, but its the ultimate anti-Akuma vehicle. As a fact the best thing you can drive online. Smashes through anyone in a car like a big blunt weapon being slammed through a cup of heated butter, throwing it all over the place.

Just don't give people the chance to auto-aim at you. And don't be afraid of some RPG's/stickies/landmines. Insurgent can take quite a few.

0_0.jpg

And if they do finally menage to destroy it, they'll need to pay out over 16K on Insurance costs.

Edited by HeavyDuke
  • Like 2

MRM95Jb.png

I just switch to passive mode when I get attacked as I have no interest in being entertainment for 12 year olds with learning difficulties who tour the map in armoured vehicles trying to get their player level up to 1000.

Remember the player's name then when they are in the ammo shop stocking up you use a truck/NPC heavy jeep to ram their vehicle and tip it on its roof or side so they cannot re-enter it when they come out of the shop.

It really is funny watching them try to spray you, in a rage, with an MG when you are in passive mode or send a mugger/mercenaries to kill you.

Basically you get the last laugh at their expense.

Andy

That won't work on the older consoles. For some stupid reason, R* decided that Passive Mode disables when you enter a vehicle, and I was still shot at while on foot in Passive Mode, even though I had no access to my guns.

Then, after Mechanic cooldown, I'll call in for another Adder and taunt him/her into blowing it up again.

After you call Mors to get it replaced, just use your interaction menu to "request personal vehicle"!

No cool down timer involved and you can get them to blow you up multiple times before the mechanic timer would have ever counted down. :)

Edited by Fennimoe
  • Like 3

OP its R* method for keeping peasants out of freeroam

If that $10k insurance hit bothers you then you shouldnt be in public freeroam

United_Stealth

Passive mode

find a new session

it's balanced by handicapping the driver and passengers who can't throw explosives and has several blind spots. Cry if you will, others have no issue using either their brains or game mechanics to deal with the "almighty karma" .

Lol, other people having no issues being a nice guy and not an asshole.

Edited by United_Stealth

Ooh so yet there's many people complaining that GTA has become too militarised, that as it *should* be a crime-based game, we should be able to acquire vehicles and not be required to purchase them, and then even with all this military hardware, which includes Grenade Launchers and RPGs, we're "not allowed" to blow up people's vehicles, otherwise we're "fined"?

Ridiculous. Oh, and I didn't even mention the +1 point extra to the Bad Sport lobby.

And besides - I don't know why many people on this forum are making assumptions that the OP has the same or more money than yourself... they could be brand new to the game and robbing stores to get their FreeRoam cash instead of doing missions.

I suppose then you'll complain they should be doing missions to have the cash... Then there's all this "find new session" or otherwise - yes, those methods work, but they shouldn't be necessary. Passive mode doesn't work on last gen if you're in a vehicle.

<Sigh> You never win.

Rockstar's lazy coding and inability to get things working "properly" is the reason why things are the way they are. Sad news is not much is going to change.

Edited by Gaffa
  • Like 2

LBCWorldWide

It's all right there in front of your face OP. You taking the easiest way out leads to you suffering the consequences. It's the same reason that suicide costs $. The rest of you trolls trying to defend the OP's explosives obsession are obviously griefers yourselves, or you're just plain stupid.

I laugh hysterically at everyone who decides to nuke me in my AK. Aww, so scared. Try not to sh*t yourself because there is a "car" near you...😅

LBC 😎

And besides - I don't know why many people on this forum are making assumptions that the OP has the same or more money than yourself... they could be brand new to the game and robbing stores to get their FreeRoam cash instead of doing missions.

-It costs nothing to play in an invite only session or crew session

-you have to pay when you destroy your OWN pv why shouldn't you have to pay for destroying someone else's?

-Should MMI be taken out completely? If so then any and all things related to the "economy" should also be removed...no apts, no pv's, no outside assistance, no bounties...essentially you'll remove 1/3 of the activities and incentives tied to them.

Don't blindly support the underdog, sometimes it's just a mutt that has no business being in the fight to begin with.

Edited by TreFacTor
  • Like 2

It's often a griefing tactic.

If a player is being unusually aggressive while I'm, say, on my Sanchez, and they blow it up, I'll call in for an Adder.

I'll intentionally taunt that player until he/she blows up the Adder, too.

Rinse and repeat until they've just spent $80,000 on my vehicles.

It really doesn't matter to the rich & powerful, but to a player who can't afford it, that's a lot of cash.

It's also a good lesson not to blow up a guy's Sanchez in the first place.

0_0.jpg

Best thing to do. I always do that. Wish it was easier for people to destroy the insurgent. That's a lot of insurance.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

Gta is perfect like it is exept maybe for choppers...wich still make great tools for going to rooftops or overall just flying and landing with the aircraft on many places and doing missions

Further it goes something like this m:

Kuruma>insurgent

Insurgent=tank(as soon it flips because an explosive shell at one of the wheels its dead.

Tank/insurgent=jet(still can be countered by hiding under bridges or taking corners when in the city)

Insurgent>autoshotgun(unless one uses the bullet proof back)

Seriously...atm its realy pretty balanced

CarimboHanky

more cooldown timers?

f*ck that sh*t man

we already way too many cooldowns

what they need to do is remove insurance cost on certain vehicles like the kuruma, insurgent, zentorno, etc etc or even better get rid of the whole insurance fee and bad sport.

even if they put a cooldown on mors, a good troll always have more than 1 troll tool.

blow up his insurgent

he calls for his kuruma

blow his kuruma

he calls for his zentorno

blow his zentorno

he calls for his entity

blow his entity

he calls for his jester

and the list goes on!!!

• Like 3

TacoSmuggler

And 1 minute and 2 calls later they have it right there next to them again.

I don't think the armored kuruma should be banned, but at least the fine for destroying it should be lower or completely free.

Or make it 50/50. And I think that is the way to go. You can troll, but it will cost you cash.

It already works both ways. Last night I spent 300k on sticky bombs and paying insurance fees because I spent a few hours blowing people up for no reason other than my own satisfaction.

more cooldown timers?

f*ck that sh*t man

we already way too many cooldowns

what they need to do is remove insurance cost on certain vehicles like the kuruma, insurgent, zentorno, etc etc or even better get rid of the whole insurance fee and bad sport.

even if they put a cooldown on mors, a good troll always have more than 1 troll tool.

blow up his insurgent

he calls for his kuruma

blow his kuruma

he calls for his zentorno

blow his zentorno

he calls for his entity

blow his entity

he calls for his jester

and the list goes on!!!

My list usually goes Insurgent, Kuruma, then high priced in order, so Adder, Z Type, Zentorno, Entity etc. Then once I'm happy with what they've wasted I'll go passive and drive to in my Hydra and see if they can waste more of mine. I usually win the 'contest' though. :(

Edited by TacoSmuggler

Murciélago

I really think this needs to be fixed because it's ridiculous paying $6 - $10,000

$10,000 ain't sh*t. Stop bitching