2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Is it better to have Auto-Save turned off or leave it on?

nWo_Y2J_2015

nWo_Y2J_2015

Also, what's the difference between saving at a character's bed and Quick Saving on their phone?

What's the best way to save?

I generally have it turned off because I don't always want everything I do to be saved.

Quick save via the phone works very well in my experience.

I usually only save via the sleep method just to advance time or get to the next day

killahmatic

Also, what's the difference between saving at a character's bed and Quick Saving on their phone?

I've always kept autosave off, especially now that you can save anywhere.

Both saving at their houses and quick saving has been equally reliable for me, though if you quicksave in a vehicle, there is a chance that vehicle will be gone when you load up, so I never save in a vehicle I plan on keeping.

nWo_Y2J_2015

I generally have it turned off because I don't always want everything I do to be saved.

Quick save via the phone works very well in my experience.

I usually only save via the sleep method just to advance time or get to the next day

I've always kept autosave off, especially now that you can save anywhere.

Both saving at their houses and quick saving has been equally reliable for me, though if you quicksave in a vehicle, there is a chance that vehicle will be gone when you load up, so I never save in a vehicle I plan on keeping.

Thanks, guys, I was wondering because I read somewhere that Auto-Save can cause bugs in Story Mode. Also, people always say Quick Save, so it made me wonder if saving at the bed could cause bugs too. lol No not bed bugs.

tranceking26

I always turn it off. With the feature to save anywhere via phone (in a matter of seconds) it's kinda irrelevant.

Nah nah nah Gta 6

Autosave sucks lmao.

Theres no huge difference between Saving in the bed and saving with a phone, saving in a bed feels more immersive IMO.

Lethal Vaccine

I like to actually have perfect stats when playing, like 0 Deaths, Busted, Cheats, Mission Failures, etc, etc, etc.

The only way this can be done basically is if AUTOSAVE is turned OFF. If I die or get busted, for instance, I want to reload. I don't want it to AUTOSAVE over top of something I DO NOT WANT. I have AUTOSAVE OFF on GTA IV, TLaD, TBoGT, CTW, and V. There used to be no such thing as AUTOSAVE until the HD Era. Idk why they brought it, but it sucks f*cking ass...

Saving in the Character's Safehouse is always best. Saving on the Phone App is glitchy as hell and there's been times where you save and reload and the car you were driving is either impounded, or lost. It's just not reliable, like many things in V. Thus it should be turned off and always save at the safehouse in the bed.

I mean, it only takes a few minutes to go back to save, anyways.

• Like 2

CarnageRacing00

I leave it on. Just quick save before you go on a reckless spending spree and reload the quick save when you're done. It will undo anything the auto save may have done. Absolutely zero reason to turn it off if you're someone who uses quick save.

^^funny - thought I was the only one who likes to play the whole game without deaths!! Lol

• Like 1

Duplicate post deleted

Edited by grandola

I always keep it on, but when I'm done I'll quick save or save at a safehouse. I really just use it as a sort of backup, in case the normal one somehow gets messed up.

^^funny - thought I was the only one who likes to play the whole game without deaths!! Lol

Nah I do this as well. Mainly out of habit from the previous games where if you died and failed a mission you had to go back to the mission start point and redo the whole thing anyway so it was worth reloading it to keep money/ammo etc.

• Like 1

Lethal Vaccine

Nah I do this as well. Mainly out of habit from the previous games where if you died and failed a mission you had to go back to the mission start point and redo the whole thing anyway so it was worth reloading it to keep money/ammo etc.

Exactly how I am as well. It's the same for me in III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLaD, TBoGT, CTW, and V. All 10 GTA's have 0 Deaths, Busted, Cheats. The ONLY time I fail a Mission and purposely save over it is when I obtain a Special Vehicle which REQUIRES a Mission Failure. If I want the Special Vehicle, it's the only way to get it, so I am forced to fail.

But yeah, I started doing it not because of OCD and like keeping my Stats perfect, but because when you die or get busted you lose everything in the 3D GTA's, etc. It was so annoying that I always started reloading and kept the Stats at 0 when I reached 100%, etc...

Cutter De Blanc

The auto-save is just poorly implemented. I don't like risking losing my car everytime I go to buy ammo. In theory it's a fine idea, but it should just perform a quick-save, instead of reloading you back at home without your car. I leave it off.

Lethal Vaccine

Yeah, it autosaves everytime you go into Los Santos Customs, buy ammo at Ammunation, after every friend activity, etc, etc, etc.

f*ck that. I WILL save when I WANT to save.

Shadowfennekin

I leave it on when I'm on my save slot I use for restarting. I keep the stuff I care about on my 100% slot.

I'm usually an idiot who forgets to save so I could turn the system off and accidentally lose HOURS of progress. :p

fluffydude51

I was always afraid that quick save would cause random events wouldn't happen after cuz no random events ever now