2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

heist quitters pay penalty

Rray79

There must be a million reasons why players quit in the middle of a heist mission, I mean real life goes before a video game of course but I truly want r* to implement a penalty system. Lets say you pay a 1000 gta bucks for quitting. This especially for players that quit after 1 or 2 fails I mean come on. After 3 attempts the penalty should be lifted. I think its a good idea!

• Like 3

Retired Mafia

i'm sorry, but a 1000? that won't solve a thing! 1 store robbery and they'll have more money than they lost...

Not a good idea.

I'd like for heists to be more like missions in that if someone dies or leaves, the mission continues.

The strict 4 player minimum is a HUGE time sink.

BRILLIANT!

Penalize players for rockstars bad servers or live or psn problems, or because you had a router hiccup or isp issue....

You can't tell how or why a person disconnected so any penalty would be unfair.

(learn something about how it works before suggesting things like this.)

Edited by TreFacTor

DigitalNikki

This won't do any good. Before this you would have to have a system to prevent players trolling heists.

A good example is the humane labs setup where you get the EMP. Many times the player that drives the boat will not let at least one other player on the boat. After long enough the player that was not allowed on the boat gets kicked or leaves becasue they were not allowed on the boat.

I would agree with it, but keep in mind that people might have internet problems, not all people quit cuz they want to. You have to think about them too.

DontTry2Hard

I think the best solution to this has been mentioned already -- allow the mission to continue. If it's a finale, maybe not. But I can't think of a setup that fewer people couldn't accomplish. As long as there's 2 people, I think most can be done.

• Like 3

^*friends disconnect too on occasion. The 4 player minimum can be a problem. I don't have an issue with 4 player required to launch the job.. but instant failure when my friend disconnects sucks balls.. especially because the XBL party system doesn't work seamlessly with R*s matchmaking system. I deal with daily disconnects and various issues.

It would seem that OP is tired of playing loading screens and menues and would rather do da hist

VanessaMagick

I honestly don't think it's a good idea to penalize people for leaving in a game where servers are wonky and disconnects are sadly frequent.

No. Why should I be penalised for leaving the Pacific Finale when I haven't died once in 15 attempts but the other morons keep dying and barely make any progress before they die.

One guy died by falling over the pole by the house.

• Like 6

Hylskriksen

Ive quit once, because i jumped out of the plane instead of pulling out the landing gear. So embarrasing i just quit. Worst gta moment ever. Im glad i didnt get a penalty.

• Like 3

Chloroform

What if my power goes out in my home? People really don't think, do they?

Edited by Chloroform
  • Like 2

Furry_Monkey

Instant permaban from GTAO and PSN/XBL. Scum like you are asking for it :p

Edited by Furry_Monkey
  • Like 2

senormidget

Sentence them to death by loading screen, all quitters have their eyes pinned open and are forced to stare at "The Rockstar game services are unavailable right now" for all of eternity. (Which isn't much longer than we already spend looking at them to be fair)

Chloroform

Well sorry mister high and mighty. I'm stealing my neighbors power as they're out of town right now DUHHH

HAHAHAHAHA

Furry_Monkey

Well sorry mister high and mighty. I'm stealing my neighbors power as they're out of town right now DUHHH

HAHAHAHAHA

Take some responsibility for yourself instead of relying on a "national grid", or some other such farcical nonsense.

Buy a generator and source your own fossil fuel, and stop acting so self-entitled.

• Like 2

I dont know Ive left a heist early because someone on the team was being a dunce. for instance "Prison Break" Stealing the plane, The Leader no less jumped on wing and jumped into propeller. twice. I left.

nWo_Y2J_2015

I dont know Ive left a heist early because someone on the team was being a dunce. for instance "Prison Break" Stealing the plane, The Leader no less jumped on wing and jumped into propeller. twice. I left.

The leader must have been on the Ground-Team because the Pilot would've had to start the plane for the propeller to kill someone. They shouldn't have been near the plane anyway if they're not the Pilot. They could have been a troll too.

paperbagdude

I'm not here to take it all off-topic, but when the f*ck will Rockstar implement these following messages for players to see?

1. Player timed out.
  2. Player disconnected because of unknown network issue.

Instead of 'player left'.

• Like 4

JohnXina - Discord Emojispacer.pngJohnXina - Discord Emoji

nWo_Y2J_2015

I'm not here to take it all off-topic, but when the f*ck will Rockstar implement these following messages for players to see?

1. Player timed out.
  2. Player disconnected because of unknown network issue.

Instead of 'player left'.

and a lot of the time on my screen it'd say my friend left, while on his it says I left.

Furry_Monkey

The leader must have been on the Ground-Team because the Pilot would've had to start the plane for the propeller to kill someone. They shouldn't have been near the plane anyway if they're not the Pilot. They could have been a troll too.

Eh? Everyone (except demolition) has to get on the plane, which takes them near the plane (surprise, surprise).

The Lone Wanderer

I have 20 million

I pay almost 10 k for a super without thinking

also, this would force people to stay with a troll or be punished.

There must be a million reasons why players quit in the middle of a heist mission, I mean real life goes before a video game of course but I truly want r* to implement a penalty system. Lets say you pay a 1000 gta bucks for quitting. This especially for players that quit after 1 or 2 fails I mean come on. After 3 attempts the penalty should be lifted. I think its a good idea!

I'd be a good idea if those of us who want to do the Heists are not forced to accept players level 10 to complete the 4 required for the job.

The other day i joined a Prison Break, the Host, level 59, sets a level 19 as Prisoner, i sent him a message telling him that the level 19 won't be able to finish the job on Hard as a Prisoner, he then sets her as Prison Officer, puts me as Prisoner, and he was the Demolition. At this point, you can tell he's an idiot, so is no surprise that he tried to gave us 15% and took 55% for himself.

I tell to myself, ok, she might be using her second character, so whatever, the heist starts, we get on the Bus, got into the prison, the f*cking level 19 dies right after we get Rashkovsky, ok, i'm not wasting my time on this bullsh*t. Voting screen, set Continue, and since none of the other three morons had any idea what they were doing, they all choose Restart. Mission starts again, get into my Adder and alert the prison, f*ck, i'm out.

I don't want to spend 2 hours failing when i know that a f*cking level 19 is not even close to being able to be the f*cking Prison Officer on Hard. I'm out, and since i wanted to do it clean and they refused, i Quit. f*ck you all dickheads.

Edited by hyperar

that reminds me of the host who set a level 3 as prisoner and level 10 as pilot.

that reminds me of the host who set a level 3 as prisoner and level 10 as pilot.

You can't do it, you just can't i don't know why the f*ck i keep on getting on Heists like that, they f*cking ruined the experience. And a special mention to Rockstard, who the f*ck thought it was a good idea to allow players level 12 to start their own heists, THEY SUCK, we all did back then. You have Contact Missions that are a million times easier and you need to be level 70 to host.

nWo_Y2J_2015

Eh? Everyone (except demolition) has to get on the plane, which takes them near the plane (surprise, surprise).

He's talking about Prison Break - Plane, where you have to steal the plane. You don't steal a plane in the finale.

• Like 2