2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Changing story mode default character vehicles?

clondicke

Has anyone figuredout how or where it is located what the default vehicles are for Michael, Franklin, Trevor and as to how to change it to a different vehicle, I dont like the vehicle that Michael is curently using and would like for him to have the Jackal as a default vehicle. Or at least until we have the opertunity to mod the vehicles apearance.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by clondicke

disturbed325

Im interested in this too. Completely hate that white car.

You mean Franklin's Buffalo? You can mod it and it'll stay modded if you don't like the colour.

I would rather the Buffalo was something much more interesting like a vacca.

I would rather the Buffalo was something much more interesting like a vacca.

I'd love to see something like this added into the game. I can't stand having to stick with Trevor's truck or the freaking Tailgater

There are so many awesome vehicles in that game even as originals, it's a shame that they didnt give you a deafault vehicle save option ingame.

Some missions depand on having a vehicle that can transport 3+ passangers so picking a sports car would be unethical for either of the characters. But there are so many nicer cars other than the tailgater that is the default for Michael. I love the Jackal it reminds me so much of the Ford Taurus SHO. But there other 4-door vehicles as well such as the Lampardi Felon, Benefactor Schafter, Cheval Fugitive, you got the old Ubermacht Oracle and the new as well, Dewbauchee Exemplar, ...

The list can go on for quite some. But I really hope someone figures out where they do keep the default vehicles for the assigned characters so we can change it to what we want.

I my self have stripped-searched alot of the archives in the update.rpf but have come up empty, there quite few other .rpf files I would have to look into, if I do find somehing I will keep you guys posted. Maybe someone has better luck than me and posts it before me kudos to you.
I work every day, so I cant spen a whole lot of time on searching. But will not give up.

Edited by clondicke

†Tyranick†™

A 1000x this.

Perfect situation would be:

- Unlock garages from GTA:O for use in Story Mode

- Store ANY VEHICLE in the hangers (ones that are too big for regular garages) and they do NOT dissappear

- Mechanic from GTA:O is able to deliver any saved car you have in any of your garages for you

- Any saved car can be set as the characters "personal vehicle" either via a trainer menu, or having the vehicle delivered to you it automatically becomes the personal vehicle.

Each of those things would be perfect, but for now, even if a trainer mod was made to something simply like "current vehicle you are inside becomes personal vehicle" and and options to saves vehicles to "slots" in the trainer and finally an option to "spawn vehicle in slot X, vehicles is now set to current personal vehicles" and finally a "safe mode" option to default back to regular personal vehicle in case of mission conflicts.

I'm sure trainer modders will find a way, then more immersive mods will follow, lets keep hoping as this is the biggest flaw for me in the game thus far.

• Like 3

MinnesotaFTW

Im interested in this too. Completely hate that white car.

If you're talking about Michael's white car near the end, you're going to get his Audi back.

To be fair, I think only Trevor's and Michael's default vehicles must seat four people, since there are missions that you have more than one NPC following you around. Also, Trevor's truck and Michaels car are featured in cutscenes, I think because of that you can't change them.
Using Franklin's Buffalo 4 seats in missions is never needed, nor his car is featured in cutscenes so you can change it to a 2 seater vehicle, however his Bagger is featured in a cutscene, there are specific animations for Franklin starting the bike in the cutscene and the these cutscenes are not separated movies, So you can't change his Bagger without screwing over with something.

I don't know about everyone else but I have completed the story so that doesn't matter to me too much.

• 11 months later...

To be fair, I think only Trevor's and Michael's default vehicles must seat four people, since there are missions that you have more than one NPC following you around. Also, Trevor's truck and Michaels car are featured in cutscenes, I think because of that you can't change them.

Using Franklin's Buffalo 4 seats in missions is never needed, nor his car is featured in cutscenes so you can change it to a 2 seater vehicle, however his Bagger is featured in a cutscene, there are specific animations for Franklin starting the bike in the cutscene and the these cutscenes are not separated movies, So you can't change his Bagger without screwing over with something.

That is not problem with GTA4 and GTA5 because those cutscenes are kinda ingame, they're not movies like in III/VC/SA. That's why I like most when it comes to mods. It so much more immersive when you see real car in cutscene instead default ones.

Btw has anyone figured it out yet besides this mod? Cause that one obviously is not working 100% properly

https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/replace-character-vehicles

• 1 month later...
hennysmafter

Hey Guys, There is a new mod which is frequently updated you can find it here:

https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/the-character-vehicle-mod-net

This mod allows the player to switch his/her 'story-mode' vehicle out with any vehicle they choose. There is also a story mode compatibility option.

Hopefully you like it!

Edited by hennysmafter