2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Issues with kicking in Races

Growlmon

So I enjoy racing to an extent in GTAO, and this isn't the first time it has happened. A bunch of people, whether it be a crew or group of friends, would join, and when the race begins or I take the lead because I'm part of the .001% of the GTA community that knows how to take a corner, they all stop and kick me out. Especially if say, I'd want to race with something other than the super class.

Really the whole kicking system needs to be reworked in races, say you should not be able to kick while in the race, just the lobby, and even there it should be restricted to the host being the only person that can kick people (say if a disruptive crew joins, where obviously a majority vote would not work). As for disruptive people that try to go reverse and crash into people, going the wrong way for more than 5 consecutive seconds should disqualify you and force you into spectate.

For anyone that needs a video of what I'm talking about with a clan joining to screw you over, here:

What was that at the start of the race in the video? Why didn't the others move? I don't get it...

Btw are we sure that if you get a message that you were kicked, you were actually kicked and it's not another sort of connection error? I sometimes get a kicked message when we're at the vehicle/team selection or player ready screen... You can't even kick people from that, can you?

What was that at the start of the race in the video? Why didn't the others move? I don't get it...

Btw are we sure that if you get a message that you were kicked, you were actually kicked and it's not another sort of connection error? I sometimes get a kicked message when we're at the vehicle/team selection or player ready screen... You can't even kick people from that, can you?

They were stopped because they were all in the pause menu voting to kick me (note the pause icon over their heads and on the map). And because the notification also popped up that players were voting to kick me. I haven't had the issue of the kick message showing up after disconnecting in a long time either, figured it was patched.

crack1king

Bro dont u know bein better then other players is a crime?

• Like 2

Locrito1995

I understand you, they kicked me also, happened twice to me. I bet 10 k on me, and lost the money I should have won? And those 10k. Already sent an email to R*. They replied that that'a how the system works, and if I would like to suggest changes, to send it to suggestions.

Assholes. R* included.

• Like 2

Should make it so you can't be kicked if you are in 1st place.

Same applies for all other competitive game modes.

Locrito1995

Yup, that'a what I suggested them. But they'll pretend to be blind and deaf anyways. Edited by Locrito1995

This really interests me... So you get into a lobby with X people and all those X people stop in their tracks (literally) and kick you out. I don't feel that's the way internet works. How do you get into a lobby where everyone else is against you? What kind of lobbies do you join? Random? Crews? Invite? I really am honestly interested since I don't know the culture of GTAO all that well (apparently). But in any case if I'm somewhere where I'm not wanted by anybody, or the majority, I see it as a sign to leave and find a better party rather then abuse IMO.

Well in that case you couldn't get rid of actual cheaters/abusers who get into first place, and since in GTAO the only way a win counts is to be first, everyone wants to be first, by legit or non-legit means. This system could never be balanced I guess.

Edited by RogerWho
  • Like 1

Retired Mafia

this is really sad. i host races with my crew and normally kick randoms out in the lobby screen (most randoms PIT everyone and crash into everyone). but during a race is just sad... if they don' want you then they should start their own race...

advice tho: join a race crew like Red Rum or STRR :)

emptyplayer

Yeah come join us a at red rum. Unless you're dirty you won't get kicked.

You can be kicked at any time in every other mode. Why make an exception just for you? Don't race with a bunch of d-bags.

Yeah come join us a at red rum. Unless you're dirty you won't get kicked.

Pretty much the only solution. :)

Racing with randoms is asking for trouble.

• Like 1

Locrito1995

You can be kicked at any time in every other mode. Why make an exception just for you? Don't race with a bunch of d-bags.

How the f*ck are we supposed to know they are d-bags?

Yes you can, i kick low level from heists quite often, then i cancel 'cause nobody joins.

LambentBunny

Has been an issue since GTA IV lol i doubt Rockstar even care to change it in fact they made it less votes to kick people now

Neuling2000

I played over 3000 races and was only kicked one time during a race. It was an air race with 3 other players and they used a Buzzard while I took the Swift. They called me a cheater and modder because I have a high rank and they had no chance with their slow Buzzards. lol

This really interests me... So you get into a lobby with X people and all those X people stop in their tracks (literally) and kick you out. I don't feel that's the way internet works. How do you get into a lobby where everyone else is against you? What kind of lobbies do you join? Random? Crews? Invite? I really am honestly interested since I don't know the culture of GTAO all that well (apparently). But in any case if I'm somewhere where I'm not wanted by anybody, or the majority, I see it as a sign to leave and find a better party rather then abuse IMO.

this is really sad. i host races with my crew and normally kick randoms out in the lobby screen (most randoms PIT everyone and crash into everyone). but during a race is just sad... if they don' want you then they should start their own race...

advice tho: join a race crew like Red Rum or STRR :)

I am sure they played as crew only. When they voted for the next job, they joined his lobby. It is the matchmaking system.

Shadowfennekin

They should make the kicking system be able to detect Crew members and if somebody from that crew "kicked" already, anyone else from that Crew can't "kick"

CrysisAverted

Damn those masterful bastards and their ability to drive forward, steer* and simultaneously press start>>players>>find you and vote kick you

I get crews where the crew boss has his members bash into me at all costs to boost the crew bosses win/loss

I get crews that bitch about me crashing into them even though I'm just trying to drive forward and they are the ones crashing into me, getting their entire crew to attack me or kick me (although the servers are sh*t and its possible I may be hitting them on their screen)

Well in that case you couldn't get rid of actual cheaters/abusers who get into first place, and since in GTAO the only way a win counts is to be first, everyone wants to be first, by legit or non-legit means. This system could never be balanced I guess.

Yes you can. You leave the lobby if you feel you are being cheated/abused and let them do whatever after you leave.

You shouldn't be kicked just cause of majority votes without proper reasoning.

1st place - show your dominance without fear of being kicked cause the other players suck.

mmm chocolate

I've been kicked after already winning a race. sent a tweet to rockstar support about it.

Typical no response.

Pretty bullsh*t if you ask me.

Both situations.

Locrito1995

I've been kicked after already winning a race. sent a tweet to rockstar support about it.

Typical no response.

Pretty bullsh*t if you ask me.

Both situations.

Ooh yeaah you made me remember! I also goy kicked like 0.5 seconds after crossig the finish line. xD

I didn't get the victory, but neither did they. .i.

This has happened to me as well, but being kicked from a crew's races is bound to happen. They should have matchmaking closed if they don't want people to join.

I've only kicked one player out of the whole time of hosting, only on suspicions of cheating. I wouldn't ever kick a player because "they win too much".

KornbreadMaf1a

So instead of half the lobby having to vote to kick someone (democracy) you want only the host to have the ability to kick people (dictatorship) makes sense. You realize giving one player in the lobby all the power will only make the problem worse.

Locrito1995

This has happened to me as well, but being kicked from a crew's races is bound to happen. They should have matchmaking closed if they don't want people to join.

I've only kicked one player out of the whole time of hosting, only on suspicions of cheating. I wouldn't ever kick a player because "they win too much".

I, as a host, always kick players that have the works "hack" or "mod" in their names, or crew names.

nosmoking000

Lol wow. What pisses me off about your situation (because I'm imagining myself in your place) is the fact they went to the trouble to kick you once the race loaded up. Why not just kick you in the lobby...?