4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA IV Styled Handling Mod For GTA V

obajtektsw92

Motorsheep

This is a complete blast to drive. Thanks so much for making it!

I've got a question though:

The motorbikes don't seem to go any faster for me. I've taken a look at the handling.meta, and the values for the top speeds of the motorcycles seem rather odd.. they are all in the thousands. Is it possible that something went wrong there?

I love your mod, it's sooo much fun to race down the freeways at speeds that can actually be called fast, but the thing I was really looking forward to the most was doing it on motorcycles.

So, yeah, is it that you haven't done them yet, or is there a known issue maybe?

Edited by Motorsheep

Rizaki Koizumi

Now I will say... this mod is unbelievable. Made all the cars more fun to drive... Looking forward to seeing more of this.

• 3 weeks later...

@obajtektsw92

I have tweaked your handling.meta file so that some commercial vehicles & industrial vehicles are faster or really fast and really heavy so that I can have a lot of fun using these vehicles. Do you mind if I upload my file being that the core of the file was your GTAIV handling work? I intend to call it Road Chaos

The BullDozer, The Cutter, The Dump Truck & both versions of the Infernal are now very fast and very very heavy making them the top choice for road & highway chaos.
To add, many (not all) of the slower road cars are faster (but not too fast) making them more fun to steal and use in a getaway situation & this includes some of the commercial vehicles like trucks. Also I have increased the mass of all non police vehicles so that the police cars injure themselves & their vehicles far more when they rear end you.

Edited by Daynja

Been using this for a while now, it's pretty much the perfect combo all-round. Would be awesome if it got updated for the newest patch, as the original handling really sucks big time. Thank you, and keep it up dude!

Been using this for a while now, it's pretty much the perfect combo all-round. Would be awesome if it got updated for the newest patch, as the original handling really sucks big time. Thank you, and keep it up dude!

I agree. Update it to the latest patch, and make the turbulence optional.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Will download this, restore turbulence, then play once I get on my computer. Nice work on the handling.

Your Handlingmod is really Fun to drive.First i was kinda scared by the Title saying "GTA IV styled Handling Mod" because i don`t recall the best Memories with GTA IV`s Handling (Thinking about the wonky Seasaw-like Handling of the Cavalcade give me the heebies with a sideorder of jeebies...brrr).

I assume you will update the Ill Gotten Gains Vehicles with proper Damage?The Handling is nice,but smashing a Virgo or Chino into a GTA V Vanilla Car is like throwing a Brick on a Tin Can...

However,keep up the good Work.

• 2 weeks later...
chinagreenelvis

I've been experimenting with the motorcycle values, starting with the Hexer. This makes it handle much more like a GTA IV bike, although it's not perfect, I'm sure.

<Item type="CHandlingData">      <handlingName>HEXER</handlingName>      <fMass value="500.0" />      <fInitialDragCoeff value="9.0" />      <fPercentSubmerged value="95.0" />      <vecCentreOfMassOffset x="0" y="0.2" z="-0.25" />      <vecInertiaMultiplier x="1.000000" y="1.4" z="1.4" />      <fDriveBiasFront value="0.0" />      <nInitialDriveGears value="4" />      <fInitialDriveForce value="0.26" />      <fDriveInertia value="1.0" />      <fClutchChangeRateScaleUpShift value="1.3" />      <fClutchChangeRateScaleDownShift value="1.3" />      <fInitialDriveMaxFlatVel value="135.0" />      <fBrakeForce value="0.8" />      <fBrakeBiasFront value="0.75" />      <fHandBrakeForce value="0.6" />      <fSteeringLock value="35.0" />      <fTractionCurveMax value="1.30" />      <fTractionCurveMin value="1.00" />      <fTractionCurveLateral value="22.5" />      <fTractionSpringDeltaMax value="0.06" />      <fLowSpeedTractionLossMult value="0.8" />      <fCamberStiffnesss value="1.0" />      <fTractionBiasFront value="0.60" />      <fTractionLossMult value="1.0" />      <fSuspensionForce value="7.0" />      <fSuspensionCompDamp value="3.000000" />      <fSuspensionReboundDamp value="3.000000" />      <fSuspensionUpperLimit value="0.1" />      <fSuspensionLowerLimit value="-0.1" />      <fSuspensionRaise value="0.0" />      <fSuspensionBiasFront value="0.5" />      <fAntiRollBarForce value="0.0" />      <fAntiRollBarBiasFront value="0.0" />      <fRollCentreHeightFront value="0.1" />      <fRollCentreHeightRear value="0.1" />      <fCollisionDamageMult value="0.5" />      <fWeaponDamageMult value="1.0" />      <fDeformationDamageMult value="0.8" />      <fEngineDamageMult value="1.5" />      <fPetrolTankVolume value="65.0" />      <fOilVolume value="5.0" />      <fSeatOffsetDistX value="0.0" />      <fSeatOffsetDistY value="0" />      <fSeatOffsetDistZ value="0.35" />      <nMonetaryValue value="12000" />      <strModelFlags>440010</strModelFlags>      <strHandlingFlags>1</strHandlingFlags>      <strDamageFlags>20</strDamageFlags>      <AIHandling>AVERAGE</AIHandling>      <SubHandlingData>        <Item type="CBikeHandlingData">          <fLeanFwdCOMMult value="0.0" />          <fLeanFwdForceMult value="7.25" />          <fLeanBakCOMMult value="0.0" />          <fLeanBakForceMult value="10.0" />          <fMaxBankAngle value="35.0" />          <fFullAnimAngle value="38.0" />          <fDesLeanReturnFrac value="0.18" />          <fStickLeanMult value="1.0" />          <fBrakingStabilityMult value="-1.0" />          <fInAirSteerMult value="-2.5" />          <fWheelieBalancePoint value="10.0" />          <fStoppieBalancePoint value="-10.0" />          <fWheelieSteerMult value="-0.5" />          <fRearBalanceMult value="60.0" />          <fFrontBalanceMult value="85.0" />          <fBikeGroundSideFrictionMult value="1.4" />          <fBikeWheelGroundSideFrictionMult value="1.1" />          <fBikeOnStandLeanAngle value="-10.0" />          <fBikeOnStandSteerAngle value="0.3" />          <fJumpForce value="0.0" />        </Item>        <Item type="NULL" />        <Item type="NULL" />      </SubHandlingData>    </Item>

Specifically, the following changes:

<fMass value="500.0" />

<fBrakeForce value="0.8" />

<fHandBrakeForce value="0.6" />

<fTractionCurveMax value="1.30" />
<fTractionCurveMin value="1.00" />

<fTractionBiasFront value="0.60" />