3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Dropping Weapons (SP and MP)

Mr. Someguy

Mr. Someguy

Simple question, has anyone found a way to get rid of weapons that doesn't involve third party modifications to the game?

UnreasonableExpectations

In MP, you can drop weapons and ammo easily. Hold the weapon wheel open, highlight the weapon you want to drop and a message should appear in the upper left corner telling which buttons to press to either drop the weapon or drop a box of ammo oif that weapon type. On console it would be triangle/Y to drop the highlighted weapon and circle/B to drop the ammo. I'm not sure what the buttons are on PC but again, it should tell you in the upper left corner.

It's going to be more time consuming in SP, though. You have to get a one-star wanted level (preferably just fist fight someone or vandalize someone's car so the cops don't come in guns blazing) then pull out the weapon you want to drop and wait for the cops to arrive, but don't aim or fire the weapon, just stand there holding it, They should approach and arrest you, the gun will fall to the ground and you'll get the "BUSTED" message. Unfortunately you lose all of your ammo and will be charged $5000 bail but this is currently the only method in singleplayer.

Edited by UnreasonableExpectations
  • Like 1

In MP, you can drop weapons and ammo easily. Hold the weapon wheel open, highlight the weapon you want to drop and a message should appear in the upper left corner telling which buttons to press to either drop the weapon or drop a box of ammo oif that weapon type. On console it would be triangle/Y to drop the highlighted weapon and circle/B to drop the ammo. I'm not sure what the buttons are on PC but again, it should tell you in the upper left corner.

It's going to be more time consuming in SP, though. You have to get a one-star wanted level, preferably just (fist fight someone or vandalize someone's car) then pull out the weapon you want to drop and wait for the cops to arrive, but don't aim or fire the weapon, just stand there holding it, They should approach and arrest you, the gun will fall to the ground and you'll get the "BUSTED" message. Unfortunately you lose all of your ammo and will be charged $5000 bail but this is currently the only method in singleplayer.

It's quite sad that the same option in MP, can't be used in SP.

• Like 4

Mr. Someguy

I'm aware of this, but it's only temporary. I was hoping for a permanent solution, actually. But thanks anyway.

UnreasonableExpectations

I'm aware of this, but it's only temporary. I was hoping for a permanent solution, actually. But thanks anyway.

Which weapon(s) are you trying to get rid of? The only weapon that I know of that's impossible to get rid of is the Pistol.

ProfessionalN00b

Out of curiosity, if I drop a weapon in MP and later decide I wanted that weapon after all would I have to purchase it from Ammunation all over again or would it be free like most weapon mods after you've bought them at least once?

UnreasonableExpectations

Out of curiosity, if I drop a weapon in MP and later decide I wanted that weapon after all would I have to purchase it from Ammunation all over again or would it be free like most weapon mods after you've bought them at least once?

If I'm not mistaken, you would have to pay for the weapon again but you won't have to re-purchase the mods bought prior to dropping said weapon.

Edited by UnreasonableExpectations

Mr. Someguy

Which weapon(s) are you trying to get rid of? The only weapon that I know of that's impossible to get rid of is the Pistol.

Sounds odd. Every time I've tried dropping a purchased weapon, it has appeared right back in my inventory next time I loaded a session. I've tried dropping in Freeroam as well as in Missions, but they keep reappearing.

Edited by Mr. Someguy

UnreasonableExpectations

Sounds odd. Every time I've tried dropping a purchased weapon, it has appeared right back in my inventory next time I loaded a session. I've tried dropping in Freeroam as well as in Missions, but they keep reappearing.

Which weapons are you trying to drop? Is it possible you're picking the weapon back up from dead enemies during missions? I'm almost positive I've dropped DLC weapons like the bottle and vintage pistol and they stayed out of my inventory permanently.

Mr. Someguy

Which weapons are you trying to drop? Is it possible you're picking the weapon back up from dead enemies during missions? I'm almost positive I've dropped DLC weapons like the bottle and vintage pistol and they stayed out of my inventory permanently.

Vintage Pistol (because it's an extra thing to scroll through in vehicle) and Uzi (AP Pistol has replaced it, plus I need less stuff in my MG slot). I drop them, and they stay out as long as I play the session. But the next time I start the game, they're back again. I think I'll just have to dump them at the beginning of every session and deal with it. It's silly that Rockstar doesn't have a way for you to permanently drop unwanted weapons.

Strangely, a gas can I dropped and shot wasn't returned to my inventory, while the other items were. Seems if the item is physically destroyed, it won't come back? I'll have to test that by having them "destroyed" by being picked up as ammo by other people, or dropping them in ocean.

Edited by Mr. Someguy