1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Mod Community Graphics (visualsettings/timecycle/weathers)

ubtri

I've invested 60+ hours fine tuning this project, and am very pleased to share these results with the GTA5 mod community! Your input has continued to shape this graphics overhaul!
(my youtube | my facebook).

XOXQY1Ql.jpg

b38e5YZl.jpg

• Removed Chromatic Aberration, PostFX Noise & Vignetting
  • Realism - Color correction to timecycle and weathers, realistic Fog levels, increased view of the horizon (FarClip) and blur range (DoF, Bokeh)
  • Removed the "glow" often seen around player
  • Tweaked lighting, vehicle lights, emissive lights, street lights, spotlights, etc
  • Increased Rain particles & Ripple impact effects
  • Increased Cloud size, Detail and Speed
  • Increased Underwater Visibility
  • Lowered the amount of DoF being applied at Close, Medium and Far ranges
  • Increased Shadow Cascade Scaling
  • Increased Weather duration
  • Slight increase to Reflections & Bokeh size
  • Removed Motion Blur from First Person View
  • All Weathers (except Snow weathers) have been fully Optimized
  • OPTIONAL: THREE additional TimeCycle's offering Minimal Fog More Fog & No Fog
  • OPTIONAL: SpaceEngine Moon & Starfield Skydome Replacement

If you make videos using this mod, please link to the mod download page:

This mod requires a little OpenIV knowledge! http://openiv.com
OPTIONAL:
1) Included skydome "SpaceEngine Moon & Starfield"
2) Included ENB settings
GRAPHICS INSTALLATION:
1) Use Edit Mode with the latest version of OpenIV
2) In your /update/ folder, Open "update.rpf"
3) Open the "common" folder, then open the /data/ folder
4) Drag and drop the "visualsettings.dat" & "hbaosettings.xml" files from my mod download into the data folder.
5) Navigate to the update.rpf/common/data/timecycle/ folder & drag and drop all the files from my timecycle folder.
6) Close OpenIV, Start Game and enjoy!
SKYDOME INSTALLATION:
1) Using OpenIV in Edit Mode, open up x64a.rpf, then navigate to /textures/ and replace skydome.ytd with this one! No need to rebuild!
ENB INSTALLATION:
1) Download ENB from http://enbdev.com/download_mod_gta5.htm& drag-n-drop those files into your base /Grand Theft Auto V/ folder.
2) Copy my ENB files into your base GTAV installation directory and replace all files when prompted.
Thanks to Boris Vorontsov for ENB! http://enbdev.com/
Thanks to the OpenIV team! http://openiv.com/

Please do NOT re-upload this mod to any other site without my permission! Seriously, I put a lot of work into this! However, feel free to share a link to this page.

Download here !

UPDATES:

• v2.5 - Made further tweaks to ENB settings. Made installation instructions a bit easier to understand. Removed SweetFX files so people will be less confused about installation. Now you can use any other ReShade/SweetFX settings you want OR make your own! The new screenshots are using only timecycle, visualsettings, hbaosettings & ENB files
  • v2.4 - This is a BIG update! I'm including a new set of TimeCycle & weather files that I've been working on for the past week. These timecycle's include color corrections that increase Realism!
  • v2.3.1 - Updated the ftimecycle_mods_1 file, fixed reflections. Big thanks to MoN09 for finding the exact problem!
  • v2.3 - Updated ENB to the latest version 0.272
  • v2.2.2 - Quick update to the SweetFX_Settings file which fixes incorrect color reflections on water
  • v2.2.1 - Quick update as I just noticed the new version of ENB is out! Taking full advantage of High Quality MSAA (only works if MSAA is turned on) and I lowered particles a bit for more realistic night lights
  • v2.2 - Edited ENB settings as well as SweetFX. Made nights a little less impossible to see in and corrected colors some more. Included as a backup is v2.1.1's SweetFX settings, just in case you preferred them
  • v2.1.1 - New skydome replacement has a darker starfield, and looks MUCH much better with ENB + SweetFX. Also, I can no longer share the main dll files for the shaders. New instructions are up above on how to install them. Sorry for any inconvenience, but this is technically how everyone should be sharing their settings according to the rules of their distribution
  • v2.1 - In an attempt to get my ENB + ShaderFX working for more people, I tweaked a fresh download of SweetFX 2.0 from the ground up for warmth & realistic visuals!

LARGER SCREENSHOTS AT DOWNLOAD PAGE

F5iPz6zm.jpgLmo3Z92m.jpg7jqcAhum.jpgIAyDEVfm.jpgSNygeiWm.jpgnzQXXgPm.jpgvNPNkVpm.jpg0X0KBQFm.jpgvQzpqLwm.jpgByIFOqVm.jpgpFdIQiam.jpgBuvcIU3m.jpgJC1wOEPm.jpgmJNVlkkm.jpgouoIkYem.jpg

Edited by ubtri

Love it !

But i have to say that it needs a bit of fog for distanced areas,feels kinda weird.

Love it !

But i have to say that it needs a bit of fog for distanced areas,feels kinda weird.

I've updated this so now the weather cycles have a minimal amount of fog in the distance.

2ex2br8.jpg

11b6ipy.jpg

21j27ae.jpg

Edited by ubtri

Thanks.

I've noticed at a certain height the SMOG/FOG effect kicks in

gta5_2015_05_11_08_13_29_11_by_mkiiix-d8

here

gta5_2015_05_11_08_13_17_80_by_mkiiix-d8

can you get around this ?

Edited by _MK_

Hmm, weird. I can look into this for sure. Just not sure where to start, haha. It's got to be the fog_density values in the weather files. There's like a dozen different parameters though and I have no clue which deal with height, if that makes sense..

i think it can relate to the fact that weather never stays the same you can set extra sunny then a litteral minute later it's something entirely else

whats also confusing is that each weather setting seems to have levels so the more you press extra sunny the more clouds etc

i think it can relate to the fact that weather never stays the same you can set extra sunny then a litteral minute later it's something entirely else

whats also confusing is that each weather setting seems to have levels so the more you press extra sunny the more clouds etc

There is a line in the visualsettings.dat file for the cycle duration of weather, but I left it at default. The default value is 120, so I am guessing 2 minutes? If you think it needs to be raised, I can raise it! :)

Edited by ubtri

I think it could be a good idea to make the weather duration longer, more realistic. Two or three different wheater per day could be a good point.

It saddens me if these graphical mods don't work with Online... I can't stand chromatic aberration...

I've been adjusting cloud values tonight and this one in particular is likely causing more clouds to generate the more you press that extra sunny: sky_cloud_gen_frequency

I've been adjusting this, and a few other settings to make cloud generation feel a bit more realistic pertaining to each weather type (minus messing with fog & snow's.) But I've managed to get clouds looking a bit bigger and more detailed, and they are doing a good job with obscuring far away lod. I definitely lowered the gen_freq for extra sunny ;)

I also increased the weather durations from 120 to 180, seems like a logical increase?

Here's some screenshots, just click the spoiler button!

28wc7ko.jpg

t7h654.jpg

2day9mt.jpg

xekach.jpg

1zvzc5t.jpg

9qh9ow.jpg

10clr7m.jpg

I was using Time Scaler when I took these screens, hence the swirlyness of the clouds (sorry!)

Edited by ubtri

You need to turn DOF off,it's covering the entire background.

It's not the weather,it has something to do with the height,when reaching that height as shown in the ss the fog comes back and when going back to the lower height it disappears.

Edited by _MK_

You need to turn DOF off,it's covering the entire background.

It's not the weather,it has something to do with the height,when reaching that height as shown in the ss the fog comes back and when going back to the lower height it disappears.

I love DoF. Feel free to edit these lines in visualsettings.dat with notepad to your liking (or just zero them out):

misc.HiDof.nearBlur 0.05
misc.HiDof.midBlur 0.10
misc.HiDof.farBlur 1.00
I've dug around the weather files and do not see anything about fog positioning. The issue might be farclip, which I am looking into. I may have some settings too high. :(
I could really use some help figuring out the under water brightness issue I am having.. If anyone can help me out, let me know what to check for? But again it might be that farclip is set too high. *FIXED*
Here's a couple more screenshots of some more progress tonight adjusting the clear weather.

2ng5tet.jpg
jsy16h.jpg

Edited by ubtri

Didn't mean it that way,was just sayin that DOF is covering the far areas where the fog is supposed to be seen alone,so with DOF off we can actually see the fog(regarding the OP screenshots).

The updated version is way better :^:

Can you tell me what lines control the amount of fog ?i'm seeing a lot of fog lines in all timecycle_mods & w_weather files,do i have to edit all of them in order to generally adjust fog ?

Edited by _MK_

Didn't mean it that way,was just sayin that DOF is covering the far areas where the fog is supposed to be seen alone,so with DOF off we can actually see the fog(regarding the OP screenshots).

The updated version is way better :^:

Can you tell me what lines control the amount of fog ?i'm seeing a lot of fog lines in all timecycle_mods & w_weather files,do i have to edit all of them in order to generally adjust fog ?

No worries! Yea you have to edit fog_density in the various weather files and also in the first couple of timecycle files. Be careful lowering the underwater fog_density in the those time cycles, though. That's what I had to change again to fix my underwater brightness problems!

So yea, version 1.3 is out! Same download link as in the OP. New screenshots added at mod page, too, and am working on a showcase video right now.

Edited by ubtri

Amazing mod! Thanks

Thanks, glad you are enjoying it!

bro,,your 1.2 version ,,nearly like Reality IV :D i LOVE IT

1.3 is mostly the same, just fixed the underwater brightness issue I was having. BTW I use to test DKT70's RealityIV stuff back in the day before he'd release it, so his influence in this is pretty strong :)

Quick video showing this working fine in Online Solo Session.

FrostKnivEz

I can no longer open the character switch wheel. Any fix on this? I can't switch to any character.

I can no longer open the character switch wheel. Any fix on this? I can't switch to any character.

That has nothing to do with this mod.. I did notice when I use Native Trainer to remove my HUD, my weapon wheel would no longer show up.

Try holding down F7?

Updated the mod :)

(just update the first timecycle file!)

Improved the underwater visuals a lot!

29fdm2x.jpg

Edited by ubtri

now i can see more things when i am swimming :D

love you :*

Awwwww :)

Glad you like it!

Hey man, great mod, but can you tell me how i can increase space with high quality shadows, shadows for grass? (https://yadi.sk/d/kSatZ0CzggjDP)

I haven't messed with shadows in this mod yet, but if you find anything out let me know.

This needs to be added,regarding shadows

http://gtaforums.com/topic/793112-vrel-increased-cascade-shadow-distance/

Edit those Files :

w_clear.xml

w_clouds.xml

w_extrasunny.xml

w_foggy.xml

w_neutral.xml

w_smog.xml

Find this Line :

<dir_shadow_cascade0_scale> 1.0000 1.0000 1.0000 1.0000 1.0000 1.0000 1.0000 1.0000 1.0000 1.0000 1.0000 1.0000 1.0000</dir_shadow_cascade0_scale>

Replace by This :

<dir_shadow_cascade0_scale> 2.5000 2.5000 2.5000 2.5000 2.5000 2.5000 2.5000 2.5000 2.5000 2.5000 2.5000 2.5000 2.5000</dir_shadow_cascade0_scale>

Edited by _MK_