2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Can one be banned for picking up money bags from hackers?

randmanq

Last night when I finished playing I had less than 1 million dollars, but now I somehow have over 2 million dollars.

I'm guessing I ran over money bags or something. I don't know what else could of happened, I haven't seen any hacks or money bags but I must of picked some up without noticing

Is that something I can be banned for, should I get rid of the hacked money? I don't know how to drop the money

Kill Frenzy!

Last night when I finished playing I had less than 1 million dollars, but now I somehow have over 2 million dollars.

I'm guessing I ran over money bags or something. I don't know what else could of happened, I haven't seen any hacks or money bags but I must of picked some up without noticing

Is that something I can be banned for, should I get rid of the hacked money? I don't know how to drop the money

Probably, if you do get a money bag, report it to rockstar and they wil fix this, if you don't report it you will get ban.

Edited by KillinFr3nzy NL

Probably, if you do get a money bag, report it to rockstar and they wil fix this, if you don't report it you will get ban.

I dont think so

Spider-Vice

You will, tell Rockstar you picked up hacked money. They'll be able to see a huge rise in your money suddenly, which raises red flags.

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

yeah go to R* support page and there are people claiming they got banned for this. But can you really believe players that are salty they got banned? who knows if they are lying or not but to answer your question yeah some people have gotten banned for this so you best contact R* and be honest asap

Actually it will go like wit all the hacked money on the consoles.. people were given billions after cock star gets around wit another ban wave they will probably reset that money that was given to you..

Advice though don't spend it because you might be on the ass end of the joke.. meaning you may lose some things because you spent cheatie money on things..

Although the advice part rockstar didn't do on the consoles.

^ dont listen to this guy at all. Go and look on the proper R* support threads. A lot of people getting banned for "getting money shot on top of them" I would just notify R*. Even better to record all your gameplay so you have evidence to show how innocent you truly are

I had a hacker spawn in almost 3 million dollars on me over a week ago and I am not banned. I didn't contact rockstar and I spent most of it. The only time I hear people getting banned for this is when they contact rockstar.

I would be careful not to play in any of the online sessions with cheaters/modders/exploiters, as R* does put players in anonymous servers only with those types of players in waves.

MP3 did it, iirc.

But, I wouldn't worry TOO much about it, if you were not actively engaged in trying to benefit from those types of players giving you something. But if you continue to do so, or even actively engage in those types of activities, then there may be either a ban hammer or finding yourself locked up in 'bad' server.

If you make it look legit, you won't get banned, and what i mean is:

Let's say you have 2 days played in total in GTA online (2 full days of play time), and you "made" 9 million in total by whatever means, you will not get flagged.

Now second scenario, your total play time in GTA online is 2 days, and you have gained 20 million by whatever means (given by hacker for example) your account will get flagged for review.

When i was given 13 mil by a hacker, i had play time of 3 days and 16 hours in stats, i did not get banned or suspended, and can still play without any problems whatsoever all while using that money.

They have some automated system in place that checks for anomalies, but it's nowhere near perfect (probably because it has to check 50 million active accounts daily)

Cheat engine has option of "speedhack", this speedhack would accelerate play time for your character, turning hours in minutes, so you can gain 100 hours of play time in 100 minutes, cheaters used this feature to try and not get caught. Some fools were dumb enough to leave it running for entire duration of their session, and by the end their accounts would have like 20k hours played, pretty much instantly flagged.

Edited by Segment

UltimateAntic

I also recieved monry bags and when I reported it to rockstar, they ignored my question about if i can keep the cash, and they didn't removen it ingame so i used them

Its not YOUR problem that u has been given money U should not be contacting rockstar about fails in THERE game.

Its ROCKSTARS problem

Speeddemon25

I would report this.

Someone threw about 500 million cash around in a lobby.

Me and my friends picked it up, we didn't get banned.

R* just took away the money after a few weeks, now we have less than before. (50k)

Edited by Speeddemon25

if the hackers themselves are only getting 2 week bans then I really wouldn't worry. R* clearly arent taking this seriously and if they're relying on their tech support investigating and manually fixing this on each case they will soon be overwhelmed and probably not bother even chasing it up soon...

DentureDynamite
I also received money bags and when I reported it to Rockstar, they ignored my question about if i can keep the cash, and they didn't remove it in-game so I used them.

Same here; although I only picked up $98,000 (in *ahem* "dildo" form; not money bags--see screenshot below), R* said they removed it, but never did, so I banked it.

modded_money.jpg

Go figure.

Edited by DentureDynamite