2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
Sign in to follow this  
TheFiendishOne

GTA 5 Single Player Stock Market Billionaire WITHOUT Heists/Assassinat

TheFiendishOne

Not finding this method anywhere on the internet. I am wondering why... I dont believe for 1 second I'm the only one to think to do this.

I started this method with $37,000 and after a few hours I was at 2 billion (Max Money)

My only assumption is that it's been posted, and I'm not finding the thread, or that no one wants to share because rockstar might patch it?

This is simply quick selling your stocks. Buy up a bunch, quickly sell, rince, repeat til you get to 2 billion

Anyways,

Open the stock market.

Sort by green. I like to sort by price movement.

Aslong as it's green, you're going to make a quick profit. I normally go for the green stocks where the line graph is going "UP" not "Down".

Step 1: What you want to do is invest about half of what you currently have. So if you have 37,000 dollars you invest about 15-20k. As soon as you buy the "Green-UP" stock you are taken directly to your portfolio, where 85% of the time you will get a returned immediate profit when you "SELL ALL". With a 15k investment the profit is minimal. As small as 500-800. Since I was at about 25% game completion, and sticking up a convenient store gets me about 1k this didn't seem so bad.

[Note: Investing half didn't always work. Investing Roughly between 1/3 and 2/3 will gaurentee profit.

Step 2: Repeat step 1. Over and over again.

Step 1 should only take about 1 minute to complete, once you've got the hang of it.

By the time I got to 100 million dollars, I was putting up about 50 million and turning up a 1.5 - 5 million dollar profit.

By the time I got to 500 million to 1 billion I was investing half and returning between 50-100 million dollars in immediate profit.

Again, 85% of the time this method works and turns up a good profit. The profit is smaller but yet still beneficial when you are lower on funds and investing a small amount, but as your stack grows, you can invest more and return more.

10% of the time you will turn up a zero dollar profit. During these times I still sold all, got my money back (because at this point I haven't lost anything) and tried again for a successful profit.

5% of the time you will turn up a loss. This loss is no different or greater than the profits, so losing it won't hurt you at all. During these times I still sold all, and just took the loss.

When investing the 50 million or more, there were times that I turned up an 11 million dollar loss. Considering I had 100s of millions already, it didn't matter, and the following investment returned 17 million, so there was no loss.

Considering that the original 11 million was made thru the stock anyways, I never felt at aloss and I gained it back anyways.

I've tried investing in the upper percentages, and even all my cash, and never turned up a profit when doing this. There is something with that 50% area.

All in all, the loss is minimal (dumping 50 million into stocks only to immediately sell -- in this game the price would never drop so dramatically that you'd lose exponentially) so in the end it was well worth it, and it's pretty fail safe.

**Edit**

Video: https://youtu.be/DLtcsd9_p5s

This is on the latest version on Steam-PC

Edited by TheFiendishOne

similarly

Interesting. I might try that.

MatCampbell

BAWSAQ or LCN?

Offline or online?

Edited by MatCampbell

Shadowfennekin

BAWSAQ or LCN?

Offline or online?

It'd have to be LCN

BAWSAQ doesn't change as fast

rojovo74

I was wondering about this too...since I have no idea what to do, I simply chose a business with the lowest price per share...playing as Franklin with roughly $90K...if I was reading the amt of profit correctly, if immediately selling, my bankroll would double. Ironically, I haven't sold anything yet. Perhaps I can finally start earning some serious green since I can no longer rely on collecting the money briefcasez lol.

rojovo74

I'll add that I'm using LCN since I don't have internet at home except when I'm using my cellphone (like now). I was able to get my game updated via a friend's internet connection so at least I have all the new goodies at my disposal with th exception of the online stuff.

Ixnay

This is one feature that I've never really had any interest in. I bought a few but never pay any attention to them.

Plus, when Lester gives you advice during assassination missions, I never see the companies he mentions. And why is it that only one market works? Are the others for online only? If so, that's pretty sh*tty.

killerx2

there used to be a thread back in 2013 that pointed out how some stocks dropped a lot and then rose a lot in a span of 2-3 days.

It's how i made my money without the assassination missions. But i guess you could also just do what you're doing.

SCOOBASTEEB

'This GTA player makes millions using this one trick. Rockstar hate it'

Sorry, just first thing that came to mind, nice trick though.

nWo_Y2J_2015

'This GTA player makes millions using this one trick. Rockstar hate it'

Sorry, just first thing that came to mind, nice trick though.

"click here to learn the one simple trick!" lol don't those things get old?

On-topic: I would also like to know whether to do this with BAWSAQ or LCN and maybe so details like what company you bought stocks from.

Edited by nWo_Y2J_2015

similarly

I never get the immediate returned profit, but I've seen it in videos as a "glitch" that they say has since been patched. Maybe it works for you because you don't play online and are therefore not patched?

TheFiendishOne

I play on PC with a fully updated game. This was done on single player mode. I used the LCN stock market, but I also tried the same method on BAWSAQ and it worked. I just feel its easier to use LCN.

there arent any specific companies Its just the "flavor of the day" companies that are green at the time youre doing your investment. like I said in the OP just sort by green.

After doing this for about 45 min straight, the new trade day started so clearly I had to refresh resort and use the new FOTD stocks.

scalliano

'This GTA player makes millions using this one trick. Rockstar hate it patch it out in next update'

FTFY :p

Actually, with a bit of patience, this does actually work, but the game gets wise if you invest too much or buy shares in the same company too often. Remember to switch it up.

I've only tried it with LCN, if that helps.

Edited by scalliano

TheFiendishOne

I will post a video shortly, however I made it when I only had about 150-300k so I mention to invest between 50k and 150k. I was simply investing about half. No specifics just play with the numbers.

BAWSAQ or LCN?

Offline or online?

Cant use stocks online. I used LCN 99% and the 1% I used BAWSAQ it still worked

'This GTA player makes millions using this one trick. Rockstar hate it patch it out in next update'

FTFY :p

Actually, with a bit of patience, this does actually work, but the game gets wise if you invest too much or buy shares in the same company too often. Remember to switch it up.

I've only tried it with LCN, if that helps.

scalliano is right it seems the game gets wise and you repeatedly turn up 0 profit (at least you get your money back though) just try a different green company and you're back in business. You can even go back to the original company and keep turning profit. I switched more often than not however I kept it within the green companies where the line graph pointed up

Edited by TheFiendishOne

Craigsters

Do you sell right away or is one or two missions necessary before selling?

TheFiendishOne

TheFiendishOne

I sell right away there is no need to wait as the purchase takes u straight to your portfolio and shows you a profit. Even if there is a loss or no profit I still sell right away because 85% of the time I get profit.

similarly

I've tried that a few times. I get my money back, and that's it.

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

seems like it works similar to the original stock bug we found last nov....

the prices are bugged... you're buying and selling at the exact same price and yet you're getting a return. what platform and patch version is this?

edit// nm saw one of ur replies updated pc ver

anyhow, seems like a bug

Edited by S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

scalliano

Tested on Steam version, haven't tried the consoles yet.

nWo_Y2J_2015

I've tried that a few times. I get my money back, and that's it.

Same here, PS4.

Craigsters

ok I'll give it a try, I started a new game before this post and just finished Franklin and Lamar mission, and Franklin's at his Aunt Denise place on Strawberry and has $500,338 to his name and I have the pre-order bonus money from steam, if this works, this well make the hidden briefcase glitch obsolete and only worth doing for 100% completion

M3ESMns.jpg

TheFiendishOne

I felt that because the "game population" was currently buying into "x" green company and its going up I was buying low and selling high but the current value doesnt change for a while, however it seems that after a while I cause the value to rise because when I come back the next day there is a huge percent loss/drop for the company that I used to "pump and dump"

Clearly its bug tho so enjoy it while it lasts

Edited by TheFiendishOne

nWo_Y2J_2015

ok I'll give it a try, I started a new game before this post and just finished Franklin and Lamar mission, and Franklin's at his Aunt Denise place on Strawberry and has $500,338 to his name and I have the pre-order bonus money from steam, if this works, this well make the hidden briefcase glitch obsolete and only worth doing for 100% completion

M3ESMns.jpg

You don't get to use the stock markets until after the mission "Friend Request". Also, the Hidden Package glitch hasn't worked at all on PS4/XBOX One, so I'm assuming it won't on PC.

Craigsters

M3ESMns.jpg

You don't get to use the stock markets until after the mission "Friend Request". Also, the Hidden Package glitch hasn't worked at all on PS4/XBOX One, so I'm assuming it won't on PC.

I was able to go to the old submarine hatch with Michael on every game launch and gathered that briefcase each time and Michael and he had gained $125,000 in about 4 or 6 relaunches of my game, that be quick save and or bed save and exit and relaunch and return to the submarine location each game launch

this location, see crude map and image below, I made this for my emerson tablet which has no wifi ability or is too stupid to see it

38Dxt9a.jpg

Edited by Craigsters

LordRaijin

It works. I would suggest after a while you go kill some cops and get wasted. then you have another full day to restock up on money.

CaptainMarvel

Is this still working? For some reason I get nothing

Craigsters

Is this still working? For some reason I get nothing

It works, you have to switch to other stocks, switch it up, it's a slow process, and don't invest all your money at once, just a quarter of it and only stocks with green up arrows

PS-GTAIVplayer

The market might be an idea online perhaps, it would give the shoot anyone on sight crowd something to divert them.

Edited by PS-GTAIVplayer

wiizardii

Hmm interesting, I would have done it myself if I didn't already do the lester assasination trick, but oh well. Hope people can do this now if they accidentally passed up on the Lester missions without doing the stock trick.