2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

IDEA: Remove the ability to damage teammate vehicles in contact missio

x0v3rKiLx

With the addition of the vehicles included with the heist update, more people than ever are purchasing aircraft and vehicles capable of massive amounts of destruction. And who doesn't want to turn those kinds of APC's, helicopter gunships, and fighter jets loose on hapless NPC's in contact missions, right?

I recently purchased a Hydra and I have to say, it's been more of a hurt than a help. I'm getting quite tired of being hit with a $12,000 insurance bill for blowing up someone's Armored Karuma or supercar because I couldn't see what kind of vehicle I was shooting at. And given how certain missions litter the combat field with enemy vehicles, I really can't spend too much time trying to nitpick out which are enemy-owned and which are personal vehicles. I'd move my Hydra closer to my targets, but I like to stay outside the range of small arms fire since the Hydra's total damage tolerance is quite low.

There is no purpose whatsoever for friendly fire to be enabled in any form for contact missions. This is not a competitive environment. It is a cooperative environment, an environment that should not feature mechanics that only invite one of two things: griefing and (in my case) unfortunate accidents.

If Rockstar is going to let the cat out of the bag with heavy-end aircraft capable of close air support and massive destruction, then they need to remove friendly fire on player-owned vehicles. Otherwise, I'm just going to let my Hydra collect mothballs from now on unless I'm playing solo. Which would make it pretty much a waste of $3,000,000.

Edited by x0v3rKiLx

FrugalDangerMan

Only bring out the big guns when playing with people who know you're bringing out the big guns. That or use a mic and tell them to park out of the line of fire.

As long as they're in their vehicles, they are indistructable. Once they step out, the cars just become fodder like everything else.

Personally, I like that PV's can be destroyed. I don't do it often but I have had to from tome to time. Mainly griefers who intentionally try to fail the mission, etc. I blow up their car to give me some time to get sh*t done.

Only bring out the big guns when playing with people who know you're bringing out the big guns. That or use a mic and tell them to park out of the line of fire.

As long as they're in their vehicles, they are indistructable. Once they step out, the cars just become fodder like everything else.

Personally, I like that PV's can be destroyed. I don't do it often but I have had to from tome to time. Mainly griefers who intentionally try to fail the mission, etc. I blow up their car to give me some time to get sh*t done.

Yeah I almost always advise teammates they have air support coming in when I get airborne. Whether they heed that warning or not is out of my control (and yet, conveniently, still my problem haha).

I understand the destructability paramaters.

Usually when I encounter a griefer (they all seem to drive Armored Karumas these days) I just leave and find a new match if they succeed in sabotaging a mission. I don't even bother with the hassle of retaliation or prevention.

The Lone Wanderer

it can be avoided provided you don't just blindly spam auto lock missiles. look where they park and watch where the red square goes.

it's annoying that trailers that people are towing aren't immune to ff though it has lead to me just not playing the missions due to trolls

Shadowfennekin

I'd like it if it were like Heists honestly where it gets destroyed, nobody pays for it. But then, people would abuse it like they do with Heists....

Both removing player-vehicle collisions and the ability to destroy others' vehicles would be a boon. It would get ride of griefers trying to run tea mates over, and solve the problem of accidentally blowing up other players' vehicles.