3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

PC Online Dead?

Nick930930

Nick930930

I love GTAV and especially playing GTAOnline with friends. We've started playing alone in Friend Only sessions due to the new influx in hackers and such.

Today we decided to try and log back on to a public lobby to see if it was better... first person we ran into was in a red "gerald" vehicle and was invinsible with 3 of his friends. They couldnt be killed or blown up. One player jumped out and then teleported back into the car.

Is this game going to be killed by hackers? Does Rockstar have any chance of actually fixing this? This is the worst hacking problem i've ever seen in a game.

GamesBoy316

I'm sure Rockstar will do the best they can to get rid of hackers. They're already taking down videos on YouTube that involves cheating. Getting rid of hackers isn't easy though.

Edited by GamesBoy316
  • Like 2

Youtube video (it's just to promote youtube and their google friends...)... Good excuse to take the time (we're fighting cheaters very very actively, remember we're the nice guys... but it take time, we need to see each youtube videos blah bah blah ....). Rockstar just needs to watch the ranking (races, school flight, pass-times etc...) to see who are the cheaters.

After banned all these people, you can be sure there are a much less cheaters on line.

Use a cheat or glitch in SP, isn't a problem. But from the moment when there is/are interaction(s) between solo & online (ranking), Rockstar have to act (just look the rankings....).

But yes, it's true, Have the best time in race with imposed cars (not custom), or SP races (ranking is Sync with the cloud and with all players) doesn't ask to use (and buy) some shark cards.. so Rockstar doesn't care....

But to answer to the question, I don't think "PC Online" is dead cause the cheaters otherwise, PS3/360/PS4/ONE Onlines are dead too (but it's not the case, these Onlines still are very active).

And personally, I don't see lot of cheaters online (until now). And when/if I see a cheater, I move => change session.
I don't report them, because all these cheaters (and other annoying people) are already in the "top" of each rankings ....

Edited by Thalyn

Crystal3lf

You joined 1 public lobby and are judging the entire online because of it? Dozens; if not hundreds of hackers have already been banned, just because you saw a couple does not mean it's dead. If you think this is the worst hacker problem in any game, then you haven't played many games.

You wanna see what a real hacker problem looks like?

This is from 1 hour on a high population SA-MP server.

wallofbans-1.png

Edited by Crystal3lf

Streifenkarl

Today we decided to try and log back on to a public lobby to see if it was better... first person we ran into was in a red "gerald" vehicle and was invinsible with 3 of his friends. They couldnt be killed or blown up.

Are you sure, they weren't in passive mode? Passive mode makes you transparent for the other players, you can't be shot at and can't shoot others.

Edited by IchliebeDeutscheland
  • Like 8

ThunderBanana

Use a cheat or glitch in SP, isn't a problem. But from the moment when there is/are interaction(s) between solo & online (ranking), Rockstar have to act (just look the rankings....).

But yes, it's true, Have the best time in race with imposed cars (not custom), or SP races (ranking is Sync with the cloud and with all players) doesn't ask to use (and buy) some shark cards.. so Rockstar doesn't care....

Regarding that, I am actually getting kind of tired of seeing the SP race leaderboards full of people who "beat" the race in .01 seconds...

every game ive joined in GTA Online has almost has a full server, sounds like something is wrong your end

Funnest thing i have seen was after playing a round of Golf, i checked on the leader board to see where i ranked,

i scored a 34, was -2 under par. the leader board had #1 ranked -360...lol

if you hit every hole, a hole in 1, the lowest score possible would be a 9...

I do not see how R* can let the leader boards stats stand as are, they know they cheated.

• Like 1

SideshowRock

I don't do the public "world" no more ...

I only do quick job missions from the online menu ... much more fun anyway

RedIndianRobin

Speaking of hackers, I'm yet to see my first hacker in Online.

I haven't come across many hackers in GTA Online PC version. PC platform's the most evolving one, so hence the distortion. Also the fact that Rockstar seems to be heavily combating the modders and those using glitches so far is a good indication that they actually care about GTA Online irrespective of platforms.

• Like 1

You joined 1 public lobby and are judging the entire online because of it? Dozens; if not hundreds of hackers have already been banned, just because you saw a couple does not mean it's dead. If you think this is the worst hacker problem in any game, then you haven't played many games.

You wanna see what a real hacker problem looks like?

This is from 1 hour on a high population SA-MP server.

wallofbans-1.png

lol. I've lost count of how many times i've been banned from sa-mp servers (thanks vpns) but tbh, can't make the same comparison to V. The most damage you could do on sa-mp are things like wep and tp hacks and cleos that kill players in interesting ways. On V, I feel like someone could f*ck you up on a bigger scale by messing with your cars, money or other stats in addition to the usual hacking stuff you see. Also that screenshot looks like it's from some run of the mill public stunt/dm server. pro tip 1, just about every person on those kind of servers is using some kind of hack anyway

futureproof

Every thread on this forum is like a gta youtube video. Clickbait title that pulls you in thinking that there is a world ending problem but the content inside is sh*t or decent at best.

I've played since the release, Cheaters started appearing a couple of days after the release, this past week things have gotten a lot better, yesterday I played a whole day and I only encountered one, a guy using Godmode and teleporting in a death match, I would say Rockstar have done a decent job this last week scaring and removing people, in my personal opinion the result is very noticeable. Also, the game is far from ruined, if you find yourself in a session with a cheater, report him if you have the time or just connect to another session. The good thing about this game is that you don't have to be stuck with a cheater on a special server

NomadRider

OP runs into a carload of Passive mode players and 1 lagger and goes "OMG WITCHCRAFT" They must have the HAX.

Title of the thread is really far from the truth. Also PC isn't hacked to sh*t like the console peasants want to believe.

Nick930930

Today we decided to try and log back on to a public lobby to see if it was better... first person we ran into was in a red "gerald" vehicle and was invinsible with 3 of his friends. They couldnt be killed or blown up.

Are you sure, they weren't in passive mode? Passive mode makes you transparent for the other players, you can't be shot at and can't shoot others.

Positive. They were perfectly visible. They were also firing back at us.

Crystal3lf

Also that screenshot looks like it's from some run of the mill public stunt/dm server. pro tip 1, just about every person on those kind of servers is using some kind of hack anyway

Everystuff Tew server back on the official tab. SA-MP's #1 server before hosted tab came a long and removed official.

Edited by Crystal3lf

Nick930930

I played this game on ps3, ps4, and PC. Loved it for each system. the ps3 version took a while, buy it eventually became overrun by hackers and modders. The ps4 version never had any issues. It was always fair and I rarely saw any players exploiting. I found maybe one player hiding inside a wall shooting cops but that's it.

4 weeks into the PC version, and every server I join there's insurgents driving around, players teleporting everywhere, players with bounties who are in godmode. I can't even play races or deathmatches anymore without running into hackers.

my title of this thread is still fitting. The hacking problem, if not brought under control, will kill this games online.

At least now I can enjoy the single player now and stop ignoring it

Streifenkarl

You've said they were invisible.

piddlefoot

The mods are more fun than online mode, and online mode is a pain, no server brouser, wtf rockstar ?

Oh that's right , hacking, pretty funny watching all the ubers, discover there banned and then get on a forum and cry ''but I didn't cheat'', the last week has been so amusing.

Open all interiors MOD is pretty awesome, why it wasn't like that in the original game, Rockstar must have been to stoned at the time and forgot it or something.

Damn all these hackers and I still haven't seen one.

Edited by YG.

NomadRider

Well YG you and me must have awesome luck. I have run into 1 or 2 since release on pc. Must be horrible to play the game OP is talking about.

floydbloke

I'm trying to figure out what drives people to cheat in computer games. There's no glory or prizemoney at stake. They can' get satisfaction out of beating you because they must know that they haven't really done so. Is it some sadistic fetish, some feeling of power, in that they can ruin someone else's experience?

Either way, seems like small penis syndrome to me.

• Like 2

I'm trying to figure out what drives people to cheat in computer games. There's no glory or prizemoney at stake. They can' get satisfaction out of beating you because they must know that they haven't really done so. Is it some sadistic fetish, some feeling of power, in that they can ruin someone else's experience?

Either way, seems like small penis syndrome to me.

I have given it a lot of thought through out the years, and it's not hard to understand really. People cheat for different reasons off-course, but I use to say that the majority of cheating people are the ones who has to compensate, athletics is a good example, wherever there is "competition" there's people who can't accept loosing, or not being best at something they want to be best at, so some of those people have to compensate for the skills they are lacking off, so they become mad and cheat, it becomes a personal thing, and those people with such personalities are often left alone in real life, because they are idiots, and they know they are idiots, so they take it out on others, and feels joy while doing so. And then there's off-course people who becomes bored of the game and just wants to cheat to level up, and doesn't really take the game seriously. I met a guy similar to that once, he was in his 40's with 3 kids, he cheated in Counter-strike, but this guy knew almost nothing about computers or games, so he didn't knew how serious it can be, he just thought it was fun.

In GTAV I think there's two types of cheaters, the ones who are bored of the game and doesn't really take it seriously anymore, so they want to try it out for the laughs and giggles, and to level up to become masters. And then theres the compensate ones, the annoying ones, the ones who are the idiots, the real loosers, that cheats because they suck, so they have to compensate, they are the ones who are hiding it because they are loosers and they know it, so they turn it on when they feel like it and tries to hide it as best as they can.

Edited by nilz45

I saw, well experienced, my first hacker on PC. He blew me up while I was in my garage. :/

But other than that, Online is thriving. 3rd most played on Steam and full servers all around.

You've said they were invisible.

Actually I think he means "invincible" but used a "s" instead of "c".

So far I haven't seen any hackers. I have however been pestered by numerous trolls/griefers who ported their console accounts to the PC.

Streifenkarl

Actually I think he means "invincible" but used a "s" instead of "c".

Okay, that makes sense.

DentureDynamite
So far I haven't seen any hackers. I have however been pestered by numerous trolls/griefers who ported their console accounts to the PC.

Unfortunately, hax are alive and well on the PC. *sigh* Heck, as good as Valve's Anti-Cheat system was/is, they even showed up on TF2...I'm just glad R* doesn't depend on Punkbuster. What a joke.

BTW, as someone who transferred their account from the PS3 to PC, I'll try not to take offense at that last statement. lol ...since I don't troll or grief unless R* asks me to in order to complete an objective, i.e. "Kill 20 players."

I can just see objectives for hax:

* Participate in dispensing $1,000,000 in in-game dildos.

* Use a script to blow up everyone in the session.

* Withstand 20 direct headshots.

Edited by DentureDynamite

I saw, well experienced, my first hacker on PC. He blew me up while I was in my garage. :/

But other than that, Online is thriving. 3rd most played on Steam and full servers all around.

That doesn't seem to be the case for me. For the past couple days me and my friends are having connectivity issues in GTA Online. I mean getting disconnected after completing a Heist or a mission. Not being able to get into Online (Timed out). And most of the times I connect to a session that has less than 5 players and I have to switch a couple times to get into 20+ session. Hope it'll get better.

You'll be begging for hackers when freemode becomes full of c*nts in tanks. My JB friends on PS3 were quite handy before I became a c*nt in a tank.