3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Camo69

Crime and Police: Rebalance & Enhancement

diamond-optic

so glad i finally got around to installing this! this is just amazing...

Voit Turyv

I love this mod so far. :D I found a little bug, though:

l8KrJG4.jpg

Pftyg0Z.jpg

Left wheels are gray and right wheels are black. This is a Crusader I stole from a pursuit - not a roadblock.

Would it be possible to add Barracks (normal and heist variant), Annihilator and Buzzard to the pursuit?

The_XXI

Still doing the video, I came upon this. The cops don't go over walls. As if the pathways didn't include walls. Big flaw for tense chases since they really run fast after you now. Don't know if you can code "follow player over walls" or if it's really a question of pathways on the environment.

zoNx7VC.jpg

Camo69

@Voit Turyv

Must be a bug with the vehicle being spawned via dispatch. Can't fix it

@THE_XXI

I can't see any flags for the AI involving climbing walls unfortunately. You could do it with a script maybe, I can't script :(

Edited by xCamoLegend

Camo69

Update out.

v1.3.5
-Removed police bikes in country due to bugs.
-Increased chance of Army Barracks road blocks.
-Tweaked boat spawn amount.
-Tweaked hidden evasion times.
-Tweaked wanted radius
-Fixed peds not seeing silencer kills in close range.
-Improved crime reporting. Only crimes that alert cops without phone call are explosions and destroying aircraft.
-Added realistic police patrols on the street. More cops around stations, poor neighbourhoods and gang activity. Less in rich areas. Made with max density and variety.
-Added No Army version. Has the progression POLICE - POLICE - POLICE - SWAT - FIB
-Very slightly reduced Army accuracy.

The_XXI

Stealth seems to be working alright on my end.

But I don't understand, isn't there a crime.meta file this time ?

Latetzki

Any chance you could also make the police notice if you're holding a weapon? Not everyone is gonna like that obviously, so it probably needs to be optional. Also if that's too easy to do, making the player anonymous by swapping cars while being wanted would be nice.

Edited by Latetzki

The_XXI

That and someone is also requesting a slower heli spawn rate. I'd say we need two max at the same time, and then 45 sec minimum delay after zone is free of heli before one can be respawn, if that can be edited.

Edited by The_XXI

Latetzki

That and someone is also requesting a slower heli spawn rate. I'd say we need two max at the same time, and then 45 sec minimum delay before one can be respawn, if that can be edited.

Yep. It's really annoying. I'd say 2-3 minutes.

Camo69

That and someone is also requesting a slower heli spawn rate. I'd say we need two max at the same time, and then 45 sec minimum delay before one can be respawn, if that can be edited.

Yep. It's really annoying. I'd say 2-3 minutes.

Can't edit it yet. Waiting for OpenIV update.

fefenc

I mostly disliked the Reduced time to escape from the cops, is there a way to make a version without this?

Also, does this mod fix the annoying bug that makes our steering wheels steer to the sides everytime a cop ram the rear part of our cars?

oCrapaCreeper

I mostly disliked the Reduced time to escape from the cops, is there a way to make a version without this?

Also, does this mod fix the annoying bug that makes our steering wheels steer to the sides everytime a cop ram the rear part of our cars?

It doesn't. I don't think that's something that he can change with simple file editing.

Edited by oCrapaCreeper

YourToaster

Hey there, I never ever modded a game, so can I ask you how I do that? What do I need and how do I do it? And can I install also all the mods nkjellman mentioned? And what to do when I want to play online? How to disable mods? :)

alteredbeast

Thanks xCamoLegend for making this.

I have one question. Is it possible to change the police system to one like the Mafia 2 game ? (if you stole a vehicle, the police will search the car, if you rob a store, they will search someone dressed like the last time they saw you, etc...)

Maybe is more a matter of scripting I guess, but it will be great to make this.

Edited by alteredbeast

Camo69

I will have a vanilla hidden evasion timer version in 1.4

Thanks xCamoLegend for making this.

I have one question. Is it possible to change the police system to one like the Mafia 2 game ? (if you stole a vehicle, the police will search the car, if you rob a store, they will search someone dressed like the last time they saw you, etc...)

Maybe is more a matter of scripting I guess, but it will be great to make this.

Yeah scripting. Right now my focus is on doing what I can with game file editing. Then I'll try to learn LUA or something.

Camo69

Update - Last one for a while.

v1.36
-Removed PopCycle.dat by default because it was changing the balance and spamming cops everywhere. I'll make a proper one at a later time. I have included an optional WIP version which has little cops in cars but none on foot yet.
-Slightly improved police AI. Car chases were a little too easy.
-Tweaks to 3, 4 and 5 stars.
-Slightly increased chance of seeing female police.
-Increased time it takes to lose cops at 1 star by 5 seconds.
-Slightly increased time it takes to lose cops at 2 stars.
-Fixed peds not getting spooked and calling 9/11 if you only killed one person.
-Added vanilla hidden evasion timer version.
-Added explosions must be witnessed optional file.
Edited by xCamoLegend

PhillBellic

xCamo, you are a legend. You have done more to fix the police in V, than Rockstar ever did. :):^:

Lowkey44

I know some police and gang mods to make the game more realistic if you have time...

-police stop and frisk and arrest gang members and other criminals.

**(Rockstar took that out of the final copy of the game.)

-police fully arrest you in handcuffs on one star before the game says busted.

-after you or any npc shoots up a neighborhood at night, police search the area with flashlights driving slow in cars and get out on foot to look for clues with the helicopter and its searchlight shining in the night sky.

**( Rockstar really put the police with flashights driving around in cars, a helicopter with its searchlight flying around and also security guards just standing there with flashlights on at night at the construction site all really in the game but they are with no purpose.)

- NEED A FIX- On 3 stars the police helicopter searchlight shines directly on your position when they shouldn't know where you are.

-(NPC) add drug dealers and retaliation drive-by shootings.

Longtonguehuey

Anyone having any problems with crouching/stealth mode?

This was the last mod I installed and seem to have lost the ability (L3, PS4 pad). Could have been before I installed this of course, just asking if anyone else has had this problem.

Great mod all the same!

Camo69

This was the last mod I installed and seem to have lost the ability (L3, PS4 pad). Could have been before I installed this of course, just asking if anyone else has had this problem.

Great mod all the same!

Did you install the crouch mod? it's broken for me and does what you described.

Longtonguehuey

Great mod all the same!

Did you install the crouch mod? it's broken for me and does what you described.

No, no crouch mod installed. Does anyone know how to fix this manually?

edit: left CTRL button still works...just gamepad.

edit 2: Not the pad either. Tested with 360 pad too.

Edited by Longtonguehuey

Camo69

No, no crouch mod installed. Does anyone know how to fix this manually?

edit: left CTRL button still works...just gamepad.

edit 2: Not the pad either. Tested with 360 pad too.

Can't replicate

El Dildo

I wish I had seen this sooner.

this is an amazing idea for a mod and has inspired me to start another new Storymode game to see how it plays. improving the way the police behave is one of the most important things we can do to help GTA V replayability. I don't mind the police but I mind the way they're SUICIDAL and too abundant.

no city on Earth employs enough cops to cover/patrol every square 100 yards.

but they seem to hire this many cops in Los Santos. until you have 3+ stars there should only be a few units assigned to chase you, not the national guard. and there really shouldn't be any Army intervention at all. it's kind of ridiculous and I'm glad there's a 5-star FIB version. that's more realistic, ultimately.

aside from there being too many, police should be more tactical.

they should be more careful and in fear for their OWN lives and safety. they want to take you down but they're also supposed to have families and sh/t they want to go home to.

also, less helicopters.

helicopters are very expensive and in real life (even a BIG city like LA) there are only a few helicopters that any police department can dispatch at a given time. there should be like 2-3 helicopters max until you shoot them down. they should take a long time to respawn. like, a long time lol. the helicopters are insane.

if we could get GTAV police to behave more like they do in life it would go a long way.

great work so far :^:

Edited by El Diablo

Jax765

I wish I had seen this sooner.

this is an amazing idea for a mod and has inspired me to start another new Storymode game to see how it plays. improving the way the police behave is one of the most important things we can do to help GTA V replayability. I don't mind the police but I mind the way they're SUICIDAL and too abundant.

no city on Earth employs enough cops to cover/patrol every square 100 yards.

but they seem to hire this many cops in Los Santos. until you have 3+ stars there should only be a few units assigned to chase you, not the national guard. and there really shouldn't be any Army intervention at all. it's kind of ridiculous and I'm glad there's a 5-star FIB version. that's more realistic, ultimately.

aside from there being too many, police should be more tactical.

they should be more careful and in fear for their OWN lives and safety. they want to take you down but they're also supposed to have families and sh/t they want to go home to.

also, less helicopters.

helicopters are very expensive and in real life (even a BIG city like LA) there are only a few helicopters that any police department can dispatch at a given time. there should be like 2-3 helicopters max until you shoot them down. they should take a long time to respawn. like, a long time lol. the helicopters are insane.

if we could get GTAV police to behave more like they do in life it would go a long way.

great work so far :^:

TBF, the cops in V are meant to be a hyper-exaggerated parody of the real life LAPD, being a bunch of aggressive and trigger-happy nutjobs. I still love this mod though, because they're no longer terminators who take all the fun out of rampages when they can just kill you in a few seconds unless you turtle around cover.

And I'm happy we finally get to battle the army again. It's a GTA staple that was missing from the last two games because "realism".

Edited by Jax765

El Dildo

I know the cops are meant to be exaggerated. that's not the point.

this mod is for people who want realism, not exaggeration. obviously.

he didn't take away the Army, he gave us the option to have the Army or the FBI.

Jax765

I know the cops are meant to be exaggerated. that's not the point.

this mod is for people who want realism, not exaggeration. obviously.

he didn't take away the Army, he gave us the option to have the Army or the FBI.

Did you actually read what I said? I didn't say anything about him taking away the army. I was talking about Rockstar removing them from wanted levels in IV and V.

Peyote
Do i need to add some file to update.rpf ai? because there is few files doesnt exist in my update.rpf but exist in ur mod

Here take a loot

Edited by Peyote

Jax765

Yeah, you add them. Just drag and drop.

Voit Turyv

After I installed this mod, I can't seem to find Dukes, Stallion or Blista Compact in the streets anymore. :/

Fenton

After I installed this mod, I can't seem to find Dukes, Stallion or Blista Compact in the streets anymore. :/

I installed this mod on my GTA V, Dukes, Stallion and Blista Compact still spawning on the streets