3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Camo69

Crime and Police: Rebalance & Enhancement

Voit Turyv

I will try to install it again on a clean install. Maybe that's the case for either vanity plates mod or an armed JB 700.

EDIT: Nevermind, found a Stallion. Still looking for the other two.

Edited by Voit Turyv

gunziness

I noticed cops with carabines and mp5s at two stars, is this supposed to be like this or its a bug? seemed kind of odd.

Jax765

I noticed cops with carabines and mp5s at two stars, is this supposed to be like this or its a bug? seemed kind of odd.

Their loadouts are randomized, so they have a low chance of using those weapons.

Camo69

Update out.

v1.37
-Updated "Police on streets" optional file, now has on foot police and has been improved overall.
-Added vanilla thresholds version (Time per wanted level via cop killings etc)
-Added "Less Aggressive People and Police" optional file. You can stand near police and people for longer before they get angry, police now have a 25% chance of not becoming aggressive.
-Extensive tweaks to enemy AI. Car chases should be improved, accuracy tweaked when player is moving and other things.
-Fixed Army not spawning when you killed a lot of them at 5 stars. Had to remove FIB @ 5* to fix
-Fixed empty police vehicles in the country when police women spawned at 4 stars. Had to remove police women @ 4* to fix
-Fixed empty FIB vehicles spawning in "No Army Version" at 5*. Had to remove occasional police spawns to fix.
-Fixed empty FIB vehicles spawning in standard version at 4*. Had to remove occasional police spawns to fix.
-Reduced 5 star Army and FIB amount depending on version. Reduced to 12 from 14 in Army version and 15 to 13 in No Army Version.
-General polish throughout the whole mod.
-Removed "Pick and Choose" version and replaced it with a readme on partial installation.

Inactive

Is it possible to get those taxi drivers arrested just for kicking you? I miss the peds getting arrested.

ssalil

Can you add some more different vehicles for the army @ 5 stars, so much of canis crusader feels repetative, so any way of adding heist dlc vehicles like karin technical, both types of insurgent, hydra, police roit vehicle etc, can you do that please?

oCrapaCreeper

Can you add some more different vehicles for the army @ 5 stars, so much of canis crusader feels repetative, so any way of adding heist dlc vehicles like karin technical, both types of insurgent, hydra, police roit vehicle etc, can you do that please?

IRRC a lot of those vehicles cause bugs without scripting, since they are not meant to normally be controlled by the dispatch file.

Edited by oCrapaCreeper

Jax765

IRRC a lot of those vehicles cause bugs without scripting, since they are not meant to normally be controlled by the dispatch file.

Would it become possible as OpenIV develops?

ssalil

Would it become possible as OpenIV develops?

I also do hope for the same @Jax765

Edited by ssalil

ssalil

@oCrapaCreeper that's why I also asked "PlasticeTangerine" on gta5-mods to create a script for that as I am using a mod which has all these vehicles in 5 stars but it crashes the game, most possibly because of the reason you stated.

Edited by ssalil

lolleroz

I was wondering, could you edit the gang loadouts too? I know there's a seperate mod for that but I don't really feel like merging it all, plus I have a feeling you'd do a better job. It would be great to see all those crappy weapons used by NPCs, sawn-off shotguns, SNS pistols, broken bottles, hammers, etc....with it making sense for each gang (mexicans, ballas, groves would have both the crappy weapons along with chances of spawning better ones, while the other organizations like triads would have a good arsenal)

Camo69

I was wondering, could you edit the gang loadouts too? I know there's a seperate mod for that but I don't really feel like merging it all, plus I have a feeling you'd do a better job. It would be great to see all those crappy weapons used by NPCs, sawn-off shotguns, SNS pistols, broken bottles, hammers, etc....with it making sense for each gang (mexicans, ballas, groves would have both the crappy weapons along with chances of spawning better ones, while the other organizations like triads would have a good arsenal)

Perhaps in the future, it's not really a priority right now. The Better Gangs Loadout mod has a compatible version btw.

Voit Turyv

I installed the mod again and I still don't see any NG cars in the streets.

Camo69

The mod doesn't do anything to car spawning. I see the Dukes, Stallion etc driving around. You're probably just having bad luck.

Camo69

Small update out, pending admin approval on GTA-5 mods but it's already up on nexusmods.

v1.371
-Reduced hearing distance of NPCs by 35%
-Reduced seeing distance of NPCs by 10%
-Tweaks to police viewcones, changed to be 5% smaller than vanilla.
-Documentation on changing spawn amounts

Camo69

v1.4 TESTING, It's working fine on my end, but I don't want to rush out updates.

Put vehicles.meta in update.rpf\common\data\levels\gta5

Backup original vehicles.meta, I haven't included the vanilla file.

Download: http://puu.sh/i6NHU.zip

Changelog

Added police transporter to spawn along side other variants of police car
Added Military Mesa to 5 stars
Added Barracks driving at 5 stars
Added Riot Bus to NOOSE
Added Army Dingy at 5 star
Added Swat boats at 4 star
Added Car + Truck roadblock at 5 stars
Added Mesa to roadblocks at 5 stars
Re-added police bike to only spawn at 2 stars when in the country.
Increased 3 star police response by 1
Now fully compatible with Military Enhancement Project by Yard1
Edited by xCamoLegend

imakuni1995

v1.4 TESTING, It's working fine on my end, but I don't want to rush out updates.

Changelog

Added Riot Bus to NOOSE

Right, so after trying it out for a while I noticed the following:

The LSHP don't seem to use the sirens on their bikes for whatever reason, but they DO, in fact, appear at 2 stars.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find any Police Riots at 3, 4 or 5 stars. Not even in roadblocks, which is weird, considering that has been in the vanilla version of the game already. I haven't seen any Police Transporters either, which, again, is weird because they should at least be in roadblocks. Other than that I haven't noticed any bugs. Personally, I prfer the no Army version of the mod, but that's a matter of opinion. The only thing that's worth mentioning maybe, is that there's a HUGE amount of cops/FIB/NOOSE at 5 stars, which can be a bit challenging for my 970.

Another question: Will you be able to add spikes to some of the roadblocks?

EDIT: Just saw some Police Transporters being used in roadblocks, no Riots though.

Edited by imakuni1995

ssalil

Changelog

Added Riot Bus to NOOSE

it's good fron your side about no rush for releasing an update, first check it fully on your side with each & every aspect of the changes you are implementing, then release, take your time to release a proper stable version :) just one suggestion though please also include the vanilla file for that vehicle.meta file also as you provide back up of every other files so that also you can do :)

ssalil

Only one or two police transporter for me, that too only somewhere, they don't spawn before & chase the players unlike other police vehicles, also no riots bus for me too as of yet plus haven't seen swat boats till now at 4 stars. The police biker also don't heavily engage, just one spawns & shoots sometimes & then goes away straight ahead in the road.

Camo69

Groundbreaking update, I found a workaround for no YMT support and increased the timer on chopper respawns after you blow them up. Thanks for feedback, removed police transporter from driving and increased chance of some things spawning. Police bike siren working fine on my end, so not sure what going on there. See included readme and changelog, I added backups for the new files also,

Army spawns also reduced in this version.

v1.4 pre release: DOWNLOAD HERE FOLKS

I have pushed just the helicopter changes as version v1.372, since it's so important. v1.4 will have all the new spawns and stuff, but it needs more testing.

Edited by xCamoLegend

ssalil

v1.4 new one crashing for me at 3 stars

Camo69

That's weird, it's stable on my end.

I can't really fix it for you if I can't replicate. Are you sure you installed properly?

Edit: Just tested 3 stars a few times in LS and Country and yeah it's working 100% fine.

Edited by xCamoLegend

ssalil

I will recheck it again.

ssalil

Sorry that was my mistake, now working properly

oCrapaCreeper

Glad you were able to change the helicopter respawn time, that sh*t was ridiculous. They had the re spawn times right back in GTA III, not sure why they had to make it so fast that it was almost pointless to destroy helicopters.

Camo69

Yeah found a work around for ymt files. It would have been months if I didn't :)

Edited by xCamoLegend

Claude_Lib

Hi there. Amazing mod, but there's something I want to express. I just played the "Grass Roots - Michael" mission, and while I was shooting down the aliens, I got police attention. Is this a side-effect or an intended behavior? I mean, as soon as the mission ended, all stars were gone so that's not something major, but still, I nearly got killed, so I didn't get the "Unmarked" objective.

Edit: Nevermind, I guess. I just tried once more and I didn't catch any bullets this time, so I got the objective. Thanks.

Edited by Claude Liberty

Camo69

Any problems with missions, I can't fix as I'm not Rockstar. I have no idea why making all crimes having to be phoned in does it, it just does. Oh well.

Edited by xCamoLegend

Warburg

Sorry if you mentioned it already, but I just supressed sniped some guy while I was on a mountain and he was on a road in the city around other people. I expected maybe a phone call as people saw him get shot, but they do not see where I was shooting from.

I got 1 star, and a cop spawned and drove right up the mountain and searched really close to where I was hiding. Fortunately, he didn't find me, but it is odd that he drove directly at me even while no one saw where I was at.

Edited by Warburg

Camo69

The place where the police go when phoned is hardcoded as far as I know, I haven't see anything about it in the game files.

v1.4 is out now

-Added police transporter driving at 2 stars onwards
-Added cargobob to 5 stars
-Added swat roadblocks to 3 stars
-Added military mesa to 5 stars
-Added barracks driving at 5 stars
-Added riot van to NOOSE at 4 stars
-Added Army Dingy at 5 stars
-Added Swat NPCs to boats at 4 stars
-Added Car + Truck roadblock at 5 stars
-Added Mesa to roadblocks at 5 stars
-Added Homeless and Tramps won't have phones optional file [bETA]
-Added police will use stunguns at 1 star optional file
-Re-added police bike to only spawn at 2 & 3 stars when in the country.
-Now fully compatible with Military Enhancement Project by Yard1
-Changed wantedtuning evasion timers to match the values in dispatch, should fix the randomness.
-Enabled fuel for helicopters at 4 stars, they take twice as long as 3 star ones to run out of fuel.
-Increased time it takes people to make phonecalls
-Police will now only travel towards your last seen position and now require line of sight
-Police will no longer charge and will prefer to take cover, SWAT Army and Gang members will still charge your position
-Police can no longer see vertically at a ridiculous distance
-Police can now jump fences and are generally smarter while not being OP
-Reduced time it takes to get from 3 to 4 stars a little
-Removed hidden evasion not kicking in if your vehicle is not going a certain speed
-General improvements to all AI: gang, army, security & police
-General fixes and tidy up in dispatch.meta
-Tweaks to crime hearing distance, stealth kills can only be heard 1 yard now. Explosions 100 and gun shots 75.
-Tweaks to 3 star police amount
-Tweaks to all enforcement vehicle speed due to the line of site requirement
-Slightly reduced police spawn delay
-Slightly reduced "sense" range of police, swat and army
-Fixed police spawning at FIB roadblocks
-Overhauled documentation throughout the file and added detailed information to the partial installation readme

Edited by xCamoLegend