2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

GTA 5 SENSITIVITY PROBLEM? [PS4]

HoseinJolt

HoseinJolt

Ok so lately I don't know what's wrong but whenever I try to burnout with ANY car....it just goes in to neutral (it just idles loudly). The only way I can burnout is if i squeeze both triggers until I feel like the controller is about to break :cry: I used to do burnouts easily before without applying much force on my triggers but I don't know what's wrong now. Also when I press R2 all the way the car launches slowly without wheelspin but once again when apply a lot of force onto R2 until it feels as thought I'm about the split the controller in half....I get wheelspin as usual. Can someone explain to me firstly what's going on and how to solve this problem? (ANY OTHER SOLUTION THAN BUYING ANOTHER CONTROLLER)

Mottershead

I'm no expert, but it sounds like your controller has a loose connection. My PS3 controller did that. I took it apart to fix it.

If you're brave enough to do so, find an instructional video on YT and fix it yourself. Might save you a few bob.

Common issue with PS4 controllers. The R2 breaks. I had to get a new one, didn't feel like waiting on sony to replace it.

Sometimes you can take it apart and fix it, I could not, mine was too broken.

Edited by Mach1bud

SALO or The 120 Days Of Sodom

Common issue with PS4 controllers. The R2 breaks. I had to get a new one, didn't feel like waiting on sony to replace it.

wow why only R2? Last week my R2 button started getting a little stiff. It's like its getting stuck on something inside. The only thing I remember doing was wiping it with a lysol wet wipe. It made the whole controller abrasive so I just wrote it off as the culprit. I have no input issues though. R2 just gets a little stuck half-squeeze.

wow why only R2? Last week my R2 button started getting a little stiff. It's like its getting stuck on something inside. The only thing I remember doing was wiping it with a lysol wet wipe. It made the whole controller abrasive so I just wrote it off as the culprit. I have no input issues though. R2 just gets a little stuck half-squeeze.

Yep common. Has something to do with cheap plasic in the controllers. Apparently they fixed it for new PS4s, but there are still plenty of "old" PS4s in circulation at stores.

• Like 1

SALO or The 120 Days Of Sodom

Yep common. Has something to do with cheap plasic in the controllers. Apparently they fixed it for new PS4s, but there are still plenty of "old" PS4s in circulation at stores.

Also whats up with the thumb sticks? I bought some grips for them because I thought, hey my finger keeps slipping off these tiny nubs, but then I read people saying that the rubber off theirs easily comes off. I haven't experienced that before buying the thumb grips but I do now. It's slowly tearing. They fix that in new controllers as well?

boy this thread is sorta off topic..

Also whats up with the thumb sticks? I bought some grips for them because I thought, hey my finger keeps slipping off these tiny nubs, but then I read people saying that the rubber off theirs easily comes off. I haven't experienced that before buying the thumb grips but I do now. It's slowly tearing. They fix that in new controllers as well?

Another very common issue. Again, supposedly fixed on newer controllers. Idk, I guess I'm pretty light on mine, they haven't really worn down at all.

streetx1xracer

Another very common issue. Again, supposedly fixed on newer controllers. Idk, I guess I'm pretty light on mine, they haven't really worn down at all.for the newer versions those have been fixed. I play daily and have no issues whatsoever.

I bought my ps4 about July 2014.

Chaotic Shrapnel

Another very common issue. Again, supposedly fixed on newer controllers. Idk, I guess I'm pretty light on mine, they haven't really worn down at all.for the newer versions those have been fixed. I play daily and have no issues whatsoever.

I bought my ps4 about July 2014.

Can confirm they have fixed them. I've had 2 ps4, one around launch and got another on black Friday after I sold my first one . Not even 5 months out of the box the plastic/ rubber on the thumb sticks was tearing and some buttons were getting less and less responsive mixed with sticking. Nearly 6 and a months later with at least 10 hours spent gaming a week and the new one is holding up.

Apparently there are old models still running around in stores, if you get one you can mail it to sony and they will replace it. I think they might even pay for shipping.

• 3 weeks later...
HoseinJolt

Well I have found a temporary solution to this "sensitivity" problem until I buy a new controller. Basically I went into ACCESSIBILITY and remapped some of my controls.

BEFORE: L2 --> L2
R2 --> R2

AFTER: L2 --> L1
R2 --> R1

So in GTA V i now use L1 to reverse/brake and R1 to accelerate. It's taking a while to get accustomed to but it's working fine so far. Also L1 is used to aim and R1 is used to fire WHILE ON FOOT. In the car however I use L2 to aim and R2 to fire (while driving). I think you guys get the idea of what I did by now. I would recommend this to those who have a similar issue.