3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

[V|REL|WIP|Lua] Bodyguard script

Foul_Play

Foul_Play

Can a mod delete this thread because there are more better bodyguards mods out there than this? Thanks.

​I recommend using Simple Trainer V for bodyguards. It has more better options and a GUI.

I forgot to update this thread saying that the mod is not longer in development.

Thanks to all the people that helped me out and supported the project. I might be back with another mod in near future. Thanks again.

Edited by Foul_Play
  • Like 2

Foul_Play

Whoops, thanks. Fixed.

- Will be deleted when they die

- Are invincible

What? :p

Edited by Foul_Play

redpill859

hi ive just tried it out but cant get it to work. i press insert and nothing happens? updated with the latest scripthook n lua plugin but still no joy, can you advise please :/

Will you allow us to customize what weapons and models they will use next time?

Hello, sorry for the late replies. I've not been at my house all day so I didn't have access to my account and computer.

I will make videos on this script on how to customize it when I get a chance and how to install it.

You can customize any weapons and models with this version.

Just modify any weapon tables:

Example:

local meleeWeapons = {"WEAPON_BAT"}
local secondaryWeapons = {"WEAPON_SMG"}
local primaryWeapons = {"WEAPON_MG"}

Same with the models:
Example:

local Models = {"cs_fabien", "cs_johnnyklebitz", "cs_brad"}

Hi again sorry for the late reply.

Could you tell me in steps how you are installing the ScripthookV, Lua plugin for Scripthookv and this script.

Thank you.

hi ive just tried it out but cant get it to work. i press insert and nothing happens? updated with the latest scripthook n lua plugin but still no joy, can you advise please :/

Edited by Foul_Play

Hello, sorry for the late replies. I've not been at my house all day so I didn't have access to my account and computer.

I will make videos on this script on how to customize it when I get a chance and how to install it.

Example:

Same with the models:
Example:

Could you tell me in steps how you are installing the ScripthookV, Lua plugin for Scripthookv and this script.

Thank you.

Ok I would like to tell you how I installed this script.

First Scripthook in the game folder directory and Lua Plugin in the same folder as Scripthook and finally your mod in the scripts/addins and then Im done. Mod works. Insert gives me 3 black ops guys with random guns, but are more likely to spawn MG and Ak-47(Assault Rifle) in game. What I was hoping for was a model changer,ability to change their guns, ability to toggle invulnerability, and spawning the same model with same gun over and over so I get an army of soldiers(or hookers/strippers) to attack the police without the tedious need to spawn and choose their gun over and over. The Bodyguard Menu by jedijosh920 is awesome, but kinda tedious as I have to keep backtracking to get my bodyguard instead of having him spawn like right now, especially since at the sound of gunfire, most of these hookers will run away unless they are part of my bodyguard.

Is there a way to make it so the bodyguards WILL die?

Change

ENTITY.SET_ENTITY_INVINCIBLE(guards[i], true)

to

ENTITY.SET_ENTITY_INVINCIBLE(guards[i], false)

or delete the line 226

Thanks for the script, I've been using it since I saw it the day you released it in head's thread! Do you by chance know what these do and if it would be worth adding?

SET_PED_COMBAT_ABILITY(Ped ped, int p1)

SET_PED_COMBAT_RANGE(Ped ped, float range)

SET_PED_COMBAT_ATTRIBUTES(Any p0, Any p1, Any p2)

SET_PED_COMBAT_MOVEMENT(Any p0, Any p1)

I think I found a possible bug whenever invincibility is off. Im using the Health meter add on and notice the moment these bodyguards drop to the floor, even with like 80% body armor, they end up despawning like 3 seconds later. Still full health and a good chunk of body armor. They drop their weapons then poof

Edited by Ynd21

Not working :(

LUA_SDK v9

ScriptHookV_1.0.350.2a

ScriptHookVDotNet v0.6

I had a look inside and have a little request, would it be possible to make more model tables, like so for example :

local Models1 = {"s_m_y_blackops_01", "s_m_y_blackops_02"}

local Models2 = {"CS_Priest", "A_M_M_HasJew_01", "U_M_M_Jesus_01", "CS_ChrisFormage"}

local Models3 = {"A_C_Chimp", "A_C_Rhesus"}

local Models4 = {"A_F_Y_Beach_01", "A_F_Y_Topless_01", "S_F_Y_StripperLite"}

local Models5 = {"A_F_M_FatCult_01", "A_F_M_FatBla_01", "A_M_M_GenFat_02", "A_M_M_FatLatin_01"}

local Models6 = {"A_F_Y_BevHills_01", "A_F_M_SouCent_02", "G_F_Y_Vagos_01", "CS_Natalia", "U_F_Y_Mistress", "U_F_Y_HotPosh_01", "A_F_Y_Hiker_01"}

local Models7 = {"S_M_Y_Mime", "U_M_Y_Mani", "U_M_Y_ImpoRage", "S_M_Y_Clown_01"}

Each time pressing "ins" would load a different model table.

Also, seems hard but avoiding duplicate models would be a nice improvement.

(local amountAllowed could be defined by each table model count)

There is no bodyguard mod that follow you in a car if yours full yet, is it?

Beer_Prince

Example:

Same with the models:
Example:

Thank you.

Hello!

when we have 3 or more bodyguards,can you make the bodyguars enter another vehicle to follow? thank you!

Hello and thank you all for helping each other out while I been away.

I will start working on the script when I can because I just came in.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try to get them done.

I will work on making something on just single weapons and models. Thanks.

Example:

Same with the models:
Example:

Thank you.

Ok I would like to tell you how I installed this script.

First Scripthook in the game folder directory and Lua Plugin in the same folder as Scripthook and finally your mod in the scripts/addins and then Im done. Mod works. Insert gives me 3 black ops guys with random guns, but are more likely to spawn MG and Ak-47(Assault Rifle) in game. What I was hoping for was a model changer,ability to change their guns, ability to toggle invulnerability, and spawning the same model with same gun over and over so I get an army of soldiers(or hookers/strippers) to attack the police without the tedious need to spawn and choose their gun over and over. The Bodyguard Menu by jedijosh920 is awesome, but kinda tedious as I have to keep backtracking to get my bodyguard instead of having him spawn like right now, especially since at the sound of gunfire, most of these hookers will run away unless they are part of my bodyguard.

I will work on something for so the bodyguards will when they can't get into the player's car because it is full, they will steal a car and follow you around. Thanks.

Example:

Same with the models:
Example:

Thank you.

Hello!

when we have 3 or more bodyguards,can you make the bodyguars enter another vehicle to follow? thank you!

I hope you can get it working. I already had something planned for different model tables to be loaded when they spawn. Thanks anyway!

Not working :(

LUA_SDK v9

ScriptHookV_1.0.350.2a

ScriptHookVDotNet v0.6

I had a look inside and have a little request, would it be possible to make more model tables, like so for example :

local Models2 = {"CS_Priest", "A_M_M_HasJew_01", "U_M_M_Jesus_01", "CS_ChrisFormage"}

local Models5 = {"A_F_M_FatCult_01", "A_F_M_FatBla_01", "A_M_M_GenFat_02", "A_M_M_FatLatin_01"}

local Models6 = {"A_F_Y_BevHills_01", "A_F_M_SouCent_02", "G_F_Y_Vagos_01", "CS_Natalia", "U_F_Y_Mistress", "U_F_Y_HotPosh_01", "A_F_Y_Hiker_01"}

local Models7 = {"S_M_Y_Mime", "U_M_Y_Mani", "U_M_Y_ImpoRage", "S_M_Y_Clown_01"}

A few things I noticed.

First, for some reason, when I press the spawn key, it summons 6 guards. I did modify the model array, but not sure if that's the cause.

Second, and this is something that seems to affect all bodyguard mods I tried - if your bodyguards occupies all the seats in a car and a friend npc is tagging along, that npc will stand around looking stupid. This wasn't a problem in GTA 4, since the npc will pull one of your bodyguards out of the car and get in. This basically means that you cannot have bodyguards when you start most of the game's mission or events - since some character will refuse to sit anywhere except the front seat.

Third, in addition to bodyguards follow in car, it would be nice to have a teleport key like in GTA 4 Simple Trainer, where you can summon all spawned bodyguards to you.

I also would like to ask what to use when modifying your mod? I used notebook for this.

I also would like to ask what to use when modifying your mod? I used notebook for this.

I forgot to mention that my mod isnt working anymore after I tampered with it. I updated LUA and Script Hook but nothing is working. The Insert button no longer spawns bodyguards. What is wrong?

I forgot to mention that my mod isnt working anymore after I tampered with it. I updated LUA and Script Hook but nothing is working. The Insert button no longer spawns bodyguards. What is wrong?

Never mind. It seems to be an issue with LUA itself. I keep wondering how does it work because I cant get it to work in game in one moment, but works in another. I have no idea if this is loading or not.

New update now out!

I use Notepad++ and you have an error in your script. Use the SDK version of the Lua plugin and report back the error.

Never mind. It seems to be an issue with LUA itself. I keep wondering how does it work because I cant get it to work in game in one moment, but works in another. I have no idea if this is loading or not.

Yeah I know, I don't know the Native to make them get in another vehicle and follow you. I'll try and find it. The 6 bodyguards was my mistake, its fixed in 2.3b and

the code to modify is:

local amountAllowed = 3 --You can modify this up to 7 guards!

A few things I noticed.

First, for some reason, when I press the spawn key, it summons 6 guards. I did modify the model array, but not sure if that's the cause.

Second, and this is something that seems to affect all bodyguard mods I tried - if your bodyguards occupies all the seats in a car and a friend npc is tagging along, that npc will stand around looking stupid. This wasn't a problem in GTA 4, since the npc will pull one of your bodyguards out of the car and get in. This basically means that you cannot have bodyguards when you start most of the game's mission or events - since some character will refuse to sit anywhere except the front seat.

Third, in addition to bodyguards follow in car, it would be nice to have a teleport key like in GTA 4 Simple Trainer, where you can summon all spawned bodyguards to you.

New update now out!

I use Notepad++ and you have an error in your script. Use the SDK version of the Lua plugin and report back the error.

Yeah I know, I don't know the Native to make them get in another vehicle and follow you. I'll try and find it. The 6 bodyguards was my mistake, its fixed in 2.3b and

the code to modify is:

A few things I noticed.

New update now out!

the code to modify is:

A few things I noticed.

I will try out this update when I can. I want to ask you though if you know of the Bodyguard mod from GTA IV. I wanted a customization like that, with multiple buttons handling out what model used, weapon wielded, invincible toggling on or off and a single button to replicate all these choices into a bodyguard. That is what I was looking for, to be honest. I can tamper with the code in Lua, but I feel comfortable that I can adjust my bodyguards in game rather than tampering with the source code of your mod.

New update now out!

the code to modify is:

A few things I noticed.

Same thing happened. I was wondering if you could tell me how to activate Lua mods in GTA V? I am kinda stumped on how to activate them myself.

New update now out!

the code to modify is:

A few things I noticed.

Same thing happened. I was wondering if you could tell me how to activate Lua mods in GTA V? I am kinda stumped on how to activate them myself. My regen Lua and this Bodygaurd script Lua aint working.

Okay I got it working but now I encountered another problem: When I switch characters, my bodyguards dont spawn after I start off a game with a certain character then switch to another. Any problems with this?

I had this problem and to be honest, I have to reload the scripts. but I think it's a problem with the Lua plugin . There's a new update for Lua plugin now so try that and report back. Fixing it now!

Okay I got it working but now I encountered another problem: When I switch characters, my bodyguards dont spawn after I start off a game with a certain character then switch to another. Any problems with this?

Edited by Foul_Play

Thanks a lot. After hearing the sad news about a virus in asi mod I got rid of all my .ASI mods except native trainer and since I loved the ASI bodyguard but now questioning "Is it safe or not" I'm gonna give this one a try.

New update out now!

This is working well now.

Can I ask how do I know if this is using the single ped model in the mod or the models table? I cannot be able to tell but I always gets the blackops 1 model with single weapon. How can I use the multiple models table ingame?

Change these to true:

local RndModels = false -- true for random models else false for single model.local RndWeapons = false -- true for random weapons else false for single weapon.

New update out now!

This is working well now.

Can I ask how do I know if this is using the single ped model in the mod or the models table? I cannot be able to tell but I always gets the blackops 1 model with single weapon. How can I use the multiple models table ingame?

It's safe and this is 100% open so if there's any malware built into this script, you can see it and I will be in deep trouble.

Thanks a lot. After hearing the sad news about a virus in asi mod I got rid of all my .ASI mods except native trainer and since I loved the ASI bodyguard but now questioning "Is it safe or not" I'm gonna give this one a try.

Edited by Foul_Play

Okay thanks.

So, what is next to update in this mod? The ability of the bodyguards to get a car and follow you or teleport to your position if you are far away from them?

Teleportation is done, just testing it now. The car following, I have it planned but it will take a while to code.

Okay thanks.

So, what is next to update in this mod? The ability of the bodyguards to get a car and follow you or teleport to your position if you are far away from them?

Would you be interested in making a pseudo 'lore-friendly' version of the mod, where we can set our price that is deducted for spawning the bodyguards?

Hello and thank you all for helping each other out while I been away.

I will start working on the script when I can because I just came in.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try to get them done.

[...]

I hope you can get it working. I already had something planned for different model tables to be loaded when they spawn. Thanks anyway!

--

Heist83, on 11 May 2015 - 1:03 PM, said:

Do you still plan to do more model tables options ?

Forgive my coding noobness but about car following I asked once in the coding section about those natives, it may be way more complex but btw :

VEHICLE.GET_VEHICLE_NUMBER_OF_PASSENGERS(Vehicle Vehicle)

VEHICLE.GET_VEHICLE_MODEL_MAX_NUMBER_OF_PASSENGERS(Vehicle Vehicle)

AI.TASK_VEHICLE_ESCORT(Ped pedHandle, Vehicle vehicle, Vehicle targetVehicle, int p3, float p4, Any p5, float p6, int p7, float p8)