3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

What should the next theme be ?

El Tigre chino

El Tigre chino

Whether it be drug dealing or heists Grand theft auto series has always had a central theme maybe the next theme should be hacking and do it better than Watch Dogs who knows whats your opinion?

GamesBoy316

Hacking? No. Who knows what the next theme will be.

Edited by GamesBoy316
  • Like 2

Legomanarthur

I could like a mafia themed GTA again, in Vice City but with more important repercussions to the story.

Or if they re-use the 3 protagonists system, I would love to see something like this:

-An undercover cop, sorta like Sleeping Dogs.

-A cuban immigrant with a Scarface like story as i know R* loves Scarface. :p

-Maybe a gang member, who's doing jobs with the undercover cop (I could definitely see the ending of this actually :sly:).

I wouldn't mind a female protagonist either, it could work. But I would love to have something that is story focused, there's a lot of opportunity for R* to make another great game with the same level of storytelling that GTA IV had.

We'll see. :turn:

• Like 1

Niko Montana

I want a Mafia theme again, or maybe a story in Vice City which revolves around drugs.

• Like 2

HOW'S ANNIE?

I think we should get something based around gun running. Out of all the multi-million dollar criminal activities that go on today that's one we've only ever seen the "customer" side of in GTA.

My ideal would be a gun running Irish mob member in Boston (a city where firearm laws have suffered a major crackdown). Have a minigame similar to the drug dealing in Chinatown wars where you set up a meet and gun dealer comes to meet you like Little Jacob in IV. You have the option to buy or sell, some dealers might be paying top dollar to buy a certain weapon in your inventory, or might be selling rocket lauchers or SPAS shotguns for dirt cheap. Each gun also has a value based on how many people you've killed with it, crimes in which it was used,etc that will devaluate it.

More work would need to go into this idea, ofc, but this is just a base.

• Like 2

I want a Mafia theme again, or maybe a story in Vice City which revolves around drugs.

This plus gun running and extortion.
  • Like 1

mcorleone_9015

I want them to keep the heist theme, but with some changes, V's heists felt somewhat too easy, or in certain moments too frustating.
I also want some mafia theme, with preference to russian or chinese mafia.

PhillBellic

I'd like to see elements of police corruption being explored.

• Like 2

universetwisters

The theme of the next GTA game should revolve around white collar crimes. That's right, the only driving you'll be doing is to the office to do some insider trading.

Edited by universetwisters
  • Like 1

Choco Taco

I want a game that's actually about the pursuit of the almighty dollar and risking everything in a series of daring and dangerous heists that could set me up for life.

GTA V was supposed to be that game, but it wasn't.

mcorleone_9015

The them of the next GTA game should revolve around white collar crimes. That's right, the only driving you'll be doing is to the office to do some insider trading.

That would be pretty cool too

lastmanonearth

The next theme should be from rags to riches, I mean to the top of the world baby!

• Like 3

I'd like to play as a Mobster again, but I don't think Rockstar can develop a good story/protagonist using this theme.

The protagonist should be a leader this time, someone who builds a criminal empire and eventually takes over the city.

Someone who is able to manage and recruit members and also has the ability to manipulate powerful individuals.

The story should revolve around power and control, being the leader of your own world, and not about becoming rich and stupid.

• Like 2

SuperGTFan

For once , a protagonist who wasn't abused/abandoned by his father , and make that father a supporting character .

Edited by SuperGTFan

lastmanonearth
he protagonist should be a leader this time, someone who builds a criminal empire and eventually takes over the city.

Someone who is able to manage and recruit members and also has the ability to manipulate powerful individuals.

Yes, all that, but rather than start off like that I`d like to work my way up to that level so that it feels like an accomplishment. Tommy Vercetti became rich but he didn`t become stupid, he grew wiser and wiser. CJ started off dumber than a box of rocks and thicker than a bowl of oatmeal, but gradually became wise at the same time as he was gaining wealth. They should do something like that with the next protagonists also. I can`t understand why they threw out that winning formula for a rags to slightly more rags type IV story and a riches to status quo story in V.

SuperGTFan

he protagonist should be a leader this time, someone who builds a criminal empire and eventually takes over the city.

Yes, all that, but rather than start off like that I`d like to work my way up to that level so that it feels like an accomplishment. Tommy Vercetti became rich but he didn`t become stupid, he grew wiser and wiser. CJ started off dumber than a box of rocks and thicker than a bowl of oatmeal, but gradually became wise at the same time as he was gaining wealth. They should do something like that with the next protagonists also. I can`t understand why they threw out that winning formula for a rags to slightly more rags type IV story and a riches to status quo story in V.Maybe they're trying to distinct every game from one another so they won't look repetitive .:) Edited by SuperGTFan

The protagonist should be a leader this time, someone who builds a criminal empire and eventually takes over the city.

but rather than start off like that I`d like to work my way up to that level so that it feels like an accomplishment.

That is what i had in mind.

Only diference is, the protagonist would work along with his associates, as opposed to working for a random thug who will only mistreat or double-cross the player.

[...]

Tommy Vercetti became rich but he didn`t become stupid

I wasn't thinking of Tommy when I said that, it was a reference to IV and its depiction of the American Dream.

The game is all about greed, which I personally dislike.

[...]

They should do something like that with the next protagonists also.

You mean the protagonist starts from the bottom and goes to the top, while evolving as a person?

That is what I call character development. it's what I had in mind too.

[...]

I can`t understand why they threw out that winning formula for a rags to slightly more rags type IV story and a riches to status quo story in V.

I can't accept it, either. HD Era protagonists are nothing but greedy bastards, IMO. They have nothing but money on their mind, which is boring as hell.

Edited by housedeep

SuperGTFan

but rather than start off like that I`d like to work my way up to that level so that it feels like an accomplishment.

That is what i had in mind.

Only diference is, the protagonist would work along with his associates, as opposed to working for a random thug who will only mistreat or double-cross the player.

[...]

Tommy Vercetti became rich but he didn`t become stupid

I wasn't thinking of Tommy when I said that, it was a reference to IV and its depiction of the American Dream.

The game is all about greed, which I personally dislike.

[...]

They should do something like that with the next protagonists also.

You mean the protagonist starts from the bottom and goes to the top, while evolving as a person?

That is what I call character development. it's what I had in mind too.

[...]

I can`t understand why they threw out that winning formula for a rags to slightly more rags type IV story and a riches to status quo story in V.

I can't accept it, either. HD Era protagonists are nothing but greedy bastards, IMO. They have nothing but money on their mind, which is boring as hell.

That's your opinion .

and LoL bro , that's what gta all about , what kind of criminal isn't greedy ?

Edited by SuperGTFan

Here are some themes that they could use:

-biker gangs-I know there was TLAD,but it had a very short story and I think they could make an outlaw biker protagonist again,there are some more stuff from the world of outlaw bikers they could show (and not to mention they had multiple different protagonists who were mafia members like Tommy Vercetti in GTA VC and Tony Cipriani in GTA LCS or members of Families street gang like CJ in GTA SA and Franklin Clinton in GTA 5).Maybe if there would be multiple protagonists,one of them could be a member The Lost MC and another a member of Uptown Riders,to show some contrast between classic chopper riding bikers and urban sport bike riding bikers.

-Latino gangs-Luis Lopez was a Latino protagonist,but other than sometimes helping Armando and Henrique,he wasn´t involved with gangs.Protagonist who is a member of Aztecas (if the game is set in Los Santos) or Cubans (if the game is set in Vice City) could be interesting.

-civilian forced to do crime-they could do a story about someone who was never before involved in any crime,but is now forced to do illegal stuff for some reason (maybe to pay debt or just to earn money to put food on the table after losing a job).That protagonist would go from learning about local gangs and the life of crime and how to steal cars and shoot guns to working for low level thugs and later gangs to becoming a rich kingpin by the end of the story or maybe abandoning crime and going legit again.There was already something similar in GTA VCS with Victor Vance,but he was a trained soldier who already knew how to fight and use guns,this would be some average Joe who knows nothing about weapons or crime and has to learn about that stuff in the first few missions,maybe something similar to Walther White from Breaking Bad.

-street racing gangs-maybe they could make some short TLAD/TBOGT-style game about the illegal street racing subculture,similar to the theme from first few F&F movies.While the game would be mainly focused on street races,stealing fast vehicles like sport cars and sport bikes and maybe hijacking trucks that transport vehicles or car parts,the game could still have some other types of crime like robbery,burglary,drug and gun smuggling and shootouts.The world of illegal street racers was never really shown in GTA,even Franklin who,in early part of GTA 5,is supposed to be a vehicle repo man and street racer has only two missions that involve street racing (Hao´s strangers and freaks encounter and I fought the law),other than that street racing is just his side activity with only 5 different races.

-Asian gangs-since most people never played GTA CW,they could use that theme again.

Edited by LeopardGecko

Drugs

I want to be the king of the cocaine!

2cy1p3b.jpg

Edited by Zello

Professional Car Stealing ring, with some heist elements involved in later on missions?

I mean, it is GTA, after all.

lastmanonearth

Professional Car Stealing ring, with some heist elements involved in later on missions?

The whole game to be about that you mean? I can see it getting real old real fast, since that`s all you do anyway...

The whole game to be about that you mean? I can see it getting real old real fast, since that`s all you do anyway...

Obviously it'd have to follow a Story Arc, with a bit of rising tension (Pressure from the Government, Going into Hiding, maybe?).

I dunno, it'd still be pretty good to have a big part of the game involving actual Grand Theft Auto.

Shadowfennekin

i wouldn't mind Heists returning but they're ALL for profit. Not being the Government's bitch.

That's the part of IV and V I don't like, being forced to do crap by the government via Liberty Paper(IAA) or Steve Haines(FIB). Felt so good taking both of them out.

I'd only want to see Feds as major characters if they're getting in the way of the Protagonist(s) plans and they're forced to take them out. Or if the Fed was secretly one of the Bosses all along and tries taking you down.

I'd love if they focused it around actual Grand Theft Auto and Car Jacking. It's named after Grand Theft Auto after all. So, it'd fit in. Even movies are better when it comes to Gone in 60 Seconds or just Car Jack Streets. Probably Vice City may or may not be the appropriate setting. But still worth a try.

• Like 1

SuperGTFan

I'd love if they focused it around actual Grand Theft Auto and Car Jacking. It's named after Grand Theft Auto after all. So, it'd fit in. Even movies are better when it comes to Gone in 60 Seconds or just Car Jack Streets. Probably Vice City may or may not be the appropriate setting. But still worth a try.

Driver 3 already done that .

Driver 3 already done that .

Were talking about GTA here. I think there might be other games which have done this as well. But when it comes to GTA titles, there's always some fresh meat and loaf into the game. You never know what Rockstar can surprise us with.