2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

You're the host, how often do you get bitched at to change setting

HEX1GON

It seems whenever I host a race I feel like a request board. For example, made a race lobby. People start joining. "CHANGE TO SPORTS, TRAFFIC ON, CATCHUP ON, GTA RACE, NO CUSTOMS" etc. If I don't change anything I start getting abuse.

The real matter of fact is, do I care? Nope, I tell them to leave and make their own lobby, they can change what they want and so on, it's not complicated. Forcing your choices on someone else's lobby is just plain stupid.

If you have no custom cars, make your own lobby and turn customs off. I'm not rank 218 and racing with stock cars because I spent all the time grinding and doing races to unlock all the parts and buy them. It's the whole point of custom cars to begin with.

Regardless of someone's rank, we all start somewhere. The majority of my pre rank 120 days, I was mainly thrown in lobbies with higher rank players. I tried my best to compete, and sometimes my racing background pays off and I could beat custom drivers. It seems the lack of 'challenge' or just having 'fun' isn't part of a game.

Does anyone else get this frustration?

Arrows to Athens

All those race options you just listed there are a big no no. Sports is fine though.

Kick the f*cks, or just mute em. Don't waste your energy arguing, they can host their own using their crutch settings.

• Like 1

Chamber53DV

I play with friends, they bitch...all the damn time, "Let me use my saved outfits.", "let me change my own outfit", "start the mission, man", "kick that random, man", "yo, chamber, where you at?!", "make it owned guns".

Edited by Chamber53DV
  • Like 1

_Pythonomorpha_

I don't care about the host's settings when it comes to races, I'll still lose no matter the setting.

But if you set the difficulty to anything but hard in a contact mission I will first ask you nicely to change it to hard and explain that it will increase the amount of money and RP we get and if you still don't change it I will ask louder and louder until it comes to the point where I will ram you off the road and run you over with my Insurgent when the mission starts.

And to a lesser extent, Player-Saved Outfits during heists.

my only requests for anything is player saved outfits for Heists, I dont care what other settings or camera locks are in place.

• Like 5

all you have to do is kick, it's your lobby. they want all those special requests? tell them to host their own lobby. simple.

Frank ツ

I only get mad when people dont put contact missions on hard

• Like 3

I complain on the following:

Listen f*ck boy host, we have a full lobby of players in this deathmatch, you really not gonna change the target score from 25 to something else? No? Enjoy the two minute deathmatch.

Hey host change it to player saved outfits, because there's no reason not to wear the heist vest if you want live.

Edited by Lay

I usually set customs off and catchup off. Makes me more fair imo, they still have a chance to come back using slipstream

I know. Ill suggest it but if they dont, i wont complain or whine about it

Good to know I'm not the only one. I usually don't have to kick, they leave on their on. :)

Suggest an option is fine, when a whole bunch start calling you noob because you like saved outfits or custom cars, are just whining analbags.

Literally the second someone tells me to change a setting, I kick them. I am the host. It is my lobby. I will set it as I please. I am a GTA online veteran, I know what I am doing.

I do not mute them, that just leads to a silent driver smashing people on purpose because he didn't like the car class or whatever.

Never Supers, never owned weapons.

• Like 3

xInfamousRYANx

I just dont understand why people wont play contact missions on hard

Or heists on hard

I once joined the pac standard finale and didnt get to leave. It was on easy. Then im getting a 15% cut of 500k? Not worth my time or skills.

Which is stupid imo why easy is 50% cash when easy contact missions are 100%

manicmechanic71

I don't like being tricked into first person on heists - the armoured Kuruma is cack in first person!

Arrows to Athens

Or heists on hard

I once joined the pac standard finale and didnt get to leave. It was on easy. Then im getting a 15% cut of 500k? Not worth my time or skills.

Some people think hard is literally hard like in other games where campaign has difficulties.

CarimboHanky

Or heists on hard

the other day i got dodgy status as usual and had to join other people to gain some "good sport" points...

quick jobs - heist... the game join me a pacific bank heist, with other 3 high levels, 20% cut and setting set to easy *smh*

long story short after they got killed many times, we finished the heist...

i earned a whooping 10k from that heist hahaha after this many tries, i got clean status, so back to freeroam!

Haha. Let me share mine.

I was in a random TDM lobby and the host left due to the in-and-out traffic of players.

Then I was set as the new host. Then some guy started to send me message via PSN to set the setting according to he want.

I left the lobby and guess what I received? A full caps of "f*ck YOU". :lol:

Zwenkwiel

yeah, f*ck em

I mean it's not like we're all playing this game together or anything

Giantsgiants

All the time when I host utility races. I tell them something like "Only racing supers is boring." or "A good racer is prepared for anything. It's your fault for wasting your garage space on sports and supers.". :lol:

• Like 2

ThaBirdCoot

Matchmaking is still so messed up, can't even bother trying to host anymore since Heist update dropped. I must have spent half my time online waiting on someone to join lobbies...

But on topic, it is annoying when you get people bitching about settings. I'm trying to be flexible, but when you just want to do supercar races all day you're in the wrong place, so might as well host your own sh*t...

fiebru787

Or heist. Setup of finale

TheBlueRooster

Yeah, I always set it to first-person, non-contact, sedan races, with customs enabled. People always tell me to change it, and I tell them I am AFK and will change it as soon as I can... I lie.

Rolling in the wins.

Shadowfennekin

I only complain if the mission or Heist setup/finale isn't hard..... or even normal. Seriously who set PS Vans or Humane Lab Deliver EMP to EASY? It's not worth my time to sit through "______ alerted the guard" a gazillion times for 7 grand, 26 K or I walk.

I only do PS Convoy on Easy as I know people ALWAYS seem to die on that.

I never ask for Player Saved outfits anymore as the Hosts won't even listen to a request to change the difficulty from "easy"

I kick people who ask to change the type of Racing or Capture or DM...... most of the time I'm just trying to get my DO so I choose the DM that needs only one other person to start, then set the timer to 5 minutes and just run around

The only thing I personally ask of people is that they set Contact Missions difficulty to Hard.

For races, the only thing I'd rather have is no rain/ dry roads, but I'm more than happy to take on a challenge, and you wouldn't find me asking to change any of those settings!

maelstrom66669

probably happens alot, but im in a party 90% of the time so i dont really hear it anymore, but they all used to bitch about gta mode

sorry i play gta for racing while shooting each other, if i wanted to play a real racing game i would, i dont need to play one with cartoon physics to pretend i can drive

• Like 1

Mattoropael

I play with friends, they bitch...all the damn time, "Let me use my saved outfits.", "let me change my own outfit", "start the mission, man", "kick that random, man", "yo, chamber, where you at?!", "make it owned guns".

And then you blame them when they die, even though it's because you don't allow them to use their heavy combat sets, I suppose?

Player Saved Outfits is actually very helpful in most heists, Humane Labs being a major exception because it already provides the heavy combat set on all relevant missions. (Yes, it's useful on even on Fleeca, specifically the Kuruma setup, unless someone already has their own Kuruma)

Of course, if "sacrificing heist success for the sake of fashion" is your thing, I'll have no objections.

Edited by Mattoropael

I had an American player in the lobby for a race. I had it set to non contact. He bitched and moaned for the entire launch time. Played anyway, got his arse handed right to him by almost everyone and did nothing more than complain that it wasn't a contact race.

left in the next voting screen, still bitching that it was a non contact race.

I mean he really, really complained. Way over the score. The kind of complaining you would do if ever single player in the race was targeting you and stopping you racing. Except he was really bitching because he couldn't smash anyone and his complete lack of driving ability was on offer for all to see :)

If they ask me to change something and it's reasonable or most people want it, I have no prblem with doing that. But if you whine or ask for something unreasonable then tough.

And then you blame them when they die, even though it's because you don't allow them to use their heavy combat sets, I suppose?

Player Saved Outfits is actually very helpful in most heists, Humane Labs being a major exception because it already provides the heavy combat set on all relevant missions. (Yes, it's useful on even on Fleeca, specifically the Kuruma setup, unless someone already has their own Kuruma)

Of course, if "sacrificing heist success for the sake of fashion" is your thing, I'll have no objections.

Yeah, except the average player just wants to do the heist in underwear and a top hat. Most players don't even know about the heavy vest in my experience.

• Like 2