4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

[V|REL] Object Spooner

MAFINS

a_tavenner

Okay, a few more things to elaborate on my previous post:

As I mentioned, spawn slot 01 is assigned to the player character by default, at least in my case that's what's happening. If you change the player skin, this ceases to be the case. While it is the case, you can go to extra options and clone yourself into the next slot, that is, spawn a copy of you in slot 02. That's the only way I've found to get around the problem, and it has obvious limitations. Also, the clone behaves very erratically. Right after being spawned it gets stuck into the middle of a walk animation. I managed to set it free by resetting rotation, but that method didn't seem to be consistently reliable. Movement groups don't work. I set the ped invincible then couldn't set it back to vulnerable. Selecting the slot right next to the current one is very difficult due to the keys being overly sensitive, skipping several slots at the lightest touch. And at one point I started the game on the same quicksave as usual (on top of a building) and as soon as I pressed F8 a car appeared out of nowhere and slammed straight into me, nearly throwing me off the building.

I have no idea how many of those problems other people are experiencing, so I'll just leave this here for cross-referencing.

Dig the options. Great tool for Editor film makers!

Edited by ubtri

Okay, a few more things to elaborate on my previous post:

As I mentioned, spawn slot 01 is assigned to the player character by default, at least in my case that's what's happening. If you change the player skin, this ceases to be the case. While it is the case, you can go to extra options and clone yourself into the next slot, that is, spawn a copy of you in slot 02. That's the only way I've found to get around the problem, and it has obvious limitations. Also, the clone behaves very erratically. Right after being spawned it gets stuck into the middle of a walk animation. I managed to set it free by resetting rotation, but that method didn't seem to be consistently reliable. Movement groups don't work. I set the ped invincible then couldn't set it back to vulnerable. Selecting the slot right next to the current one is very difficult due to the keys being overly sensitive, skipping several slots at the lightest touch. And at one point I started the game on the same quicksave as usual (on top of a building) and as soon as I pressed F8 a car appeared out of nowhere and slammed straight into me, nearly throwing me off the building.

I have no idea how many of those problems other people are experiencing, so I'll just leave this here for cross-referencing.

Next time you get rammed by a car, ya might want to look at the bottom (centre) of your screen. xD

(I'm evil af)

There's an unfreeze option for the cloned peds. They're frozen by default and also get frozen every time you move them or rotate them.

Thanks for the info. I'll try fixing all da shiz.

Edited by MAFINS

This is the more in-depth mod for object and ped spawning yet. Great job.

Two remarks though : the movement set part doesn't seem to work (doesn't apply on spawned peds) and there's not much animations to chose from. Can you do something for that ? Thanks.

Two remarks though : the movement set part doesn't seem to work (doesn't apply on spawned peds) and there's not much animations to chose from. Can you do something for that ? Thanks.

Those are the 'extra' options. I don't even know why I put peds in an object spawner in the first place lmao. I can fix the movement groups but animations are hard lol.

Could you make the objects spawn lower, so they hit the ground?

There is a feature for this in it...

LoneWolfe

Your most recent update fixed the issue I was having. I noticed some interesting things while I was testing some different features out.

- When I set my player model to a cop and spawned a cop ped (same ped model) who I made a friend via the menu, police would respond to me having a wanted level, but would prefer to shoot the other non police peds I spawned. For testing purposes I spawned some Franklins to see how well the ped ai performs in combat.

-To add onto this when my test Franklins were killed, I was considered out of sight of the police that had responded. I then I realized that I had a vision cone coming from my character which was the same as the ingame cop peds have.

Spawning other things seem to work as intended, although sometimes objects will not persist when you look the other direction, but I'm not sure if it's that's due to the mod or the game cleaning up the objects for memory.

So far so good!

Your most recent update fixed the issue I was having. I noticed some interesting things while I was testing some different features out.

- When I set my player model to a cop and spawned a cop ped (same ped model) who I made a friend via the menu, police would respond to me having a wanted level, but would prefer to shoot the other non police peds I spawned. For testing purposes I spawned some Franklins to see how well the ped ai performs in combat.

-To add onto this when my test Franklins were killed, I was considered out of sight of the police that had responded. I then I realized that I had a vision cone coming from my character which was the same as the ingame cop peds have.

Spawning other things seem to work as intended, although sometimes objects will not persist when you look the other direction, but I'm not sure if it's that's due to the mod or the game cleaning up the objects for memory.

So far so good!

I was using the game's camera's rotation to spawn objects a few metres from the camera facing the same direction the camera was facing, which turned out to be a bit glitchy and some objects wouldn't show or would be below ground.

I've restored it to spawn objects a few feet in front of the player facing the direction the player is facing, and also fixed some other issues. If player is on ground, objects and vehicles will be touching the ground when spawned. If player is in air, they will spawn right in front of the player. (:

Bugs:

The X, Y, Z axes in the attachment options is glitchy.

Stuff I can't remember.

Coming soon:

A dynamic mode designed for moving, rotating and cloning objects using controller sticks/numpad keys, with a camera attached to the object for easier placement (like Rockstar's creator mode, but not as good).

Edited by MAFINS

Could you make the objects spawn lower, so they hit the ground?

There is a feature for this in it...

could you please explain this, then? None of the videos show this, they just show people spawning the same stuff over and over in mid-air.

I tried to use the other options like place on ground, but I can't figure out how to make it apply to anything I was spawning. I would change the option, then go back to spawn something and it would still be hovering in mid air.

New update is out!

Lots of new options.
EZ Mode,

more ped options,

spawned vehicle options,

funny vehicles, delete all,

gravity gun, target into slot,

collision,

screen filters,

bug fixes,

etc. (:

Edited by MAFINS
  • Like 2

How to type the underscore plz?

Left shift + underscore button

Updated again with more control over the gravity gun. You can now use RS + LS / the middle mouse button to change the distance of the gravity gun object from your ped!

I've been told that in custom inputs, anything that requires shift to be held doesn't work. I will hopefully fix this issue tomorrow.

Edited by MAFINS

FixingG00D

@Maffins, I can't remember if i asked you this already (sorry if i have)

Will we see a a custom object / prop / animal gun mod? I've seen one where they were shooting out peds and vehicles. GTASeries has a really cool video of it.

This would be amazing! I can't be the only one dying for this?

Cheers for this mod. Looking forward to testing it out. It will be very useful

Will we see a a custom object / prop / animal gun mod? I've seen one where they were shooting out peds and vehicles. GTASeries has a really cool video of it.

I'll make one in the spooner tomorrow.

FixingG00D

I'll make one in the spooner tomorrow.

You are a legend! If it could fire soccer balls (or choose from all ball objects like basketball, volleyball, etc), cats, chickens, etc, all without them dissapearing as soon as it leaves the gun, it would be great.

Maybe a menu choice to clear it all away after if possible. Maybe different rates of firing like vehicle canon. Maybe ability to mix 2 or 3 objects like cats and dogs.

There must be thousands of small prop objects, small wildlife / animals, all great for firing at people in slow motion. I doubt firing huge objects like ferris wheels or ufos is do-able and not needed imo. Might break the game.

Just my ideas, i'd be so happy with anything on these lines as it is the only way I can do one of my video project ideas which could be cool (i'll credit you and your mods).

There is just no way this wont be a popular mod. A fair few people have been adding it to request topics. Someone wanted one to fire dildos lol.

Thanks.

is there a pastebin somewhere that contains a dump of all the prop/ped/object names?

Mafins, Great script. Has everything I need... BUT I've noticed a bug...
Spawning an object/car/anything then attaching it to the vehicle or player works fine. But once I want to alter the XYZ or Roll/Pitch/Yaw everything gets messy. By altering one of the mentioned, the object starts to spin, changing every "coordinate"...

It happens to both, keyboard and controller input.

Spawning and moving objects outside of that works perfect.

Ugh.. I hope you get what I mean. If not, I'll record a short vid.

This is great - once we get custom objects into the game... the possibilities....

yea man maybe i'm just drunk but this sh*t doesn't work

it just spawns sh*t floating in the air in front of you, if it spawns it at all. there's no way to make it spawn on the ground

yea man maybe i'm just drunk but this sh*t doesn't work

it just spawns sh*t floating in the air in front of you, if it spawns it at all. there's no way to make it spawn on the ground

There's an option in the extras submenu to to place spawned things on the ground, and you can alternatively just decrease the Z coord.

Possible bug? When spawning all of the objects for viewing, how do I delete all of the objects spawned? I tried the Delete Everything option but it only deletes the last spawned object. I was just looking through the list in slot 1.

It seems not all of the objects can be spawned and may be linked to location - this is probably a limitation of the game