3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

The steam store review section is full negative reviews

Craigsters

Craigsters

I couldn't help but notice, All those that where banned from steam or online gaming are giving the game thumbs down at steam store for the game, review after review has someones reporting banned or ban in there review post there!..

I betcha all the good reviews where buried by these negative review whiner posts, well at least steam doesn't censor there store review section

• Like 1

"You don't understand! I could've had class. I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am."

On the Waterfront 1954 M.Brando

Sveittjpong

They are banning people for using mods in SINGLEPLAYER. They deserve everything bad happening to them right now.. It's not "whining" you idiot.

They are banning people for using mods in SINGLEPLAYER. They deserve everything bad happening to them right now.. It's not "whining" you idiot.

This.

Plus people are doing this so hopefully Steam takes action and forces Rockstar to refund people if they don't agree with their new policy (Using mods in single player = band)

Edited by Luismy_MMD

Default_Man

This.

Plus people are doing this so hopefully Steam takes action and forces Rockstar to refund people if they don't agree with their new policy (Using mods in single player = band)

So you are saying Steam is going to go back on their refund policies to refund people who have had the game for almost a month now because they broke the EULA that has been present since 2008? Yeah sure, I am heavily doubting the SP mod ban thing too, that is unless these people are going online with the version of scripthook which disables its functionality which the game will likely still pick up, or picking up money that other players spawned in, picked up cash having a much higher value than other money values would likely set off some red flags in their system.

Not to mention many people will simply lie to get out of punishment, we dont exactly have much gripping evidence that these players who claim to have been banned for mods in SP haven't actually done anything wrong.

• Like 2

JohnnyVendetta

I'm starting to have doubts about people actually being banned in SP and these people are dumb enough to go into Online with their mods. When it comes to Online gameplay, I don't blame Rockstar for banning people to keep the "integrity" of GTA Online. GTA IV MP was ruined by absolute morons using speed ramming, nuclear explosion mods and spawning the stupid tug boat all over the place slowing down games.

The problem appears to be that they don't have a way to segregate people using mods in SP and MP. This should be something Rockstar needs to heavily consider. I believe the original Crysis (and sequels) had this feature added in an update. If they could localize this to single player gameplay and "turn off" anything that isn't a cosmetic mod it would be fair for everyone. Or failing that, don't ban these people but move them to a Bad Sports like pool where they do not rank up and they can use their mods there. I'm obviously referring to mods that can/could give the person an unfair advantage.

I'm sure there will be more from them in the future about this.

LankanComrade

Those review sections should be themselves moderated so we don't have people just saying one line of some one thing they don't like and give the game a thumbs down, reviews should be in depth.

PCMasterRace46

Pretty simple folks, if you are using sp mods uninstall them before going online - no ban.

Procopius

The problem appears to be that they don't have a way to segregate people using mods in SP and MP.

This. One user on Steam explained it thusly:

Here's the thing. The method currently being used to mod isn't really what most people think of as modding.

ScriptHook, is an example of DLL Assembly Code Injection, which sneaks foreign code into the process in order to provide a method for an additional payload of code to hook/modify the game process in memory.

The problem with this is that there is no way to tell what the payload is. Nor is there anyway to prevent the payload from working in only some areas of the game.

That's the point a lot of people don't understand here, we're not talking addons. We're talking DLL files that have been modified to allow a user to run ANY additional code they want and have the game accept it and execute it. There are no limits to what can be run with this and the trainer that comes as the included demonstration of scripthook is a very benign usage of the potential.

To give you an example of the dangers of allowing DLL Injected clients to connect to multiplayer servers or any other client for that matter, until recently, in Reign of Kings, hackers using the same method that scripthook uses, were using injected assembly code into DLLs to modify files on the computers of other players on the servers they connected to and in many cases, even the files on the servers themselves.

When we're talking about DLL Injection, there is no such thing as singleplayer mod or multiplayer mod. It's just foreign code being run, anywhere the user wants. The only way to prevent it is to check the integrity of the DLLs of any client on connection and cutting the connection as soon as a disprecency is found. It may seem like overkill, but the alternative is a complete loss of security for anyone using gta online.

Original post can be found here:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/271590/discussions/0/613956964593932887/#c613956964594035028

Sucks for the people who were banned for using mods in SP exclusively, if that indeed actually occured and it wasn't a case of them 'accidentally' forgetting to get rid of those files when they went on MP.

I don't believe for a second that the majority of all the people who were banned used mods exclusively in SP or were acting in good faith, though.

r those permanent bans?

From what I've read over at the Steam forums many people are reporting temporary, two-week bans for MP.

Edited by Procopius
  • Like 2

What do you expect? People getting banned for using mods that only works in Story Mode? $60 for a game that won't even let you have mods without getting banned when getting online?

I mean, I'm all against modding GTA Online, but seriously, R* needs a system to differentiate SP mods and GTA O mods. ScriptHook V disabled itself when getting online, so R* should've detect people using modded ScriptHook.

The blame's on R* this time.

EvilDog77

What do you expect? People getting banned for using mods that only works in Story Mode? $60 for a game that won't even let you have mods without getting banned when getting online?

I mean, I'm all against modding GTA Online, but seriously, R* needs a system to differentiate SP mods and GTA O mods. ScriptHook V disabled itself when getting online, so R* should've detect people using modded ScriptHook.

The blame's on R* this time.

The blame lies firmly with all the little sh*ts that ruined GTA IV MP and recently tried to do the same to GTA Online. As a long-time GTA IV player I saw what happened to that MP and really don't want to see GTA Online go the same way, but kids will be kids. If you really want to mod the game in SP only why don't you all just download a second dodgy copy and run it as a seperate installation. It's technically not illegal since you already bought the game and it'll be nicely segragated from your genuine unmodified game.

Might not be practical in terms of disk space, but why don't ppl just duplicate the game and use mods on the second "offline" copy?

RedIndianRobin

LOL! Give all the negative reviews you guys can give. This will give Rockstar a better excuse to delay their future titles on PC and maybe not bring PC titles at all. :(

• Like 2

nWo_Y2J_2015

Why would it matter if someone used a mod in Story Mode? It's not Online so what's so bad about it? I remember when a GameShark or an Action Replay was pretty common and people modded a lot of games.

Spider-Vice

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52429/asked-answered-the-rockstar-editor-gta-online-updates?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_content=askedandanswered&utm_campaign=asked_05072015

We have always appreciated the creative efforts of the PC modding community and we still fondly remember the awesome zombie invasion mod and original GTA map mod for GTAIV PC among many other classics. To be clear, the modding policy in our license has not changed and is the same as for GTAIV. Recent updates to GTAV PC had an unintended effect of making unplayable certain single player modifications. This was not intentional, no one has been banned for using single player modifications, and you should not worry about being banned or being relegated to the cheater pool just for using single player PC mods. Our primary focus is on protecting GTA Online against modifications that could give players an unfair advantage, disrupt gameplay, or cause griefing. It also bears mentioning that because game mods are by definition unauthorized, they may be broken by technical updates, cause instability, or affect your game in other unforeseen ways.

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

Stop to be so naive and so extremist.... Of course, major of banned players are hypocrites and used some mods cheats/trainers Online. But many players was unfairly banned to have some Mods (or trainer) only in SP. It's a fact!

Dual language and hypocrites from Rockstar (as usual).
Yes we have great respect for modders blahblahblah .... we're so nice ... blahblahblah no one has been banned for using single player changes (= all people banned ARE Cheaters .. yes, yes! We're sure, we're the good people!!) ... blahblahblahblah we're so beautiful, our license has not changed and is the same as for GTAIV (of course, not because Rockstar love Mods, but only because the success of GTA V are directly linked to the Mods on GTA IV... Happy to have some modders to
keep the game alive during all these years) blablablabla ... game mods are by definition unauthorized .... or affect your game in other unforeseen ways (=affect the business model of Rockstar => shark cards).

I hate this behaviour.

Rockstar love and respect mods ? Seriously .... Then let's start to create some useful tools for modding, instead to keep us in the dark.. instead to have to use some Hacks (not cheat) like the ENBs for example to take the control over the default shaders (etc..) hardcoded in Rage engine, Hooks, or other high-level implementations (over the engine, like a "layer"... not good for the performances) ...
When i see all Mods we have made (I'm modder, but under another nickname, I'm not here to be "popular" ... I don't like ass-kissers on the forums who would like my messages/comments just because they liked my mods, as usual on this forum...) for GTA IV (an then for GTA V.... the majority of GTA V players know GTA serie only since GTA IV... for its Mods!).

What Rockstar has done in return for us (PC players and modders)?

We wait 2 years for this game. It is not even finished, poor (no depth nor quality of history, no possibility of immersion, and the atmosphere is sloppy ... derisory compared to GTA IV.. yes i know "GTA V is beautiful then this game is so amazing"... Sorry, but i'm not a moron, i can make the difference between my personal preference and quality. GTA V is beautiful for this old and clearly obsolete Rage engine (with the 2nd and 3rd updates only for now...) but with very poor quality for a next-gen games (LOL, very good joke), not tested, nor optimized and clearly / orientated for console players only!

As usual, the Rockstar leaders should do politics.

And again some people continue to lick their ass, taking care to bold the texts only when these texts can beautify the image of this company ....

And ass-kissers still repeat ...

You know what? Kiss ass is never rewarded.
Why?

Because only the idiots can do this. Only idiots people accept all, specially bullsh*t (especially when it comes to take them for idiots) and live in the denial and pretend to be optimistic and positive (lol).

Thanks to you, ass-kissers, GTA VI will never released on PC or after a wait of 4 years after the release console...

And for the ass-kissers: Stop to pretend to be PC Gamers while you bought the game on console(s) because it was so rude from Rockstar, so difficult to wait (because of you!)...

Edited by Thalyn

King Vercetti

Rockstar isn't banning anyone for using a mod in single player only, but if they have it installed in the online environment, they may be banned even if they aren't using it. No one has been banned for soley having a mod in SP. If they were banned it was for some other reason, but as usual everyone is ready to throw rocks at Rockstar for every single thing anyone says about them. God, I would give anything to go a day without seeing these ridiculous complaints.

• Like 4

I couldn't help but notice, All those that where banned from steam or online gaming are giving the game thumbs down at steam store for the game, review after review has someones reporting banned or ban in there review post there!..

I betcha all the good reviews where buried by these negative review whiner posts, well at least steam doesn't censor there store review section

The games reception is still Very Positive so youve lost that bet.

Considering many of those people were banned for using singleplayer mods or trying to recover lost progress in GTA Online, I think their reviews are justified.

Hell the fact that Rockstar let console players transfer their progress and rewarded them for it too are good enough reasons to give it a bad review.

No one was banned for singleplayer modding.

Those who tried to go online have been banned.

Theblackoutgow

My opinion is anyone who was banned for the two week period(such as myself) most likely hacked online but only did it to themselves, they weren't running around with godmode and getting reported by other players.

LoL @ people claiming they got banned for using mods ONLY in single player.

So many people crying wolf these days.

Maybe people should be more attentive to the newswire, than steam reviews. Yes, there was a huge outcry about modding being banned, but so far it seems that they haven't banned anyone for SP mods. Mods affecting GTA Online is a serious issue both on consoles and PC but they have some policies after all.

Kaito Katsumi

Stop to be so naive and so extremist.... Of course, major of banned players are hypocrites and used some mods cheats/trainers Online. But many players was unfairly banned to have some Mods (or trainer) only in SP. It's a fact!

Dual language and hypocrites from Rockstar (as usual).

Yes we have great respect for modders blahblahblah .... we're so nice ... blahblahblah no one has been banned for using single player changes (= all people banned ARE Cheaters .. yes, yes! We're sure, we're the good people!!) ... blahblahblahblah we're so beautiful, our license has not changed and is the same as for GTAIV (of course, not because Rockstar love Mods, but only because the success of GTA V are directly linked to the Mods on GTA IV... Happy to have some modders to keep the game alive during all these years) blablablabla ... game mods are by definition unauthorized .... or affect your game in other unforeseen ways (=affect the business model of Rockstar => shark cards).

I hate this behaviour.

Rockstar love and respect mods ? Seriously .... Then let's start to create some useful tools for modding, instead to keep us in the dark.. instead to have to use some Hacks (not cheat) like the ENBs for example to take the control over the default shaders (etc..) hardcoded in Rage engine, Hooks, or other high-level implementations (over the engine, like a "layer"... not good for the performances) ...

When i see all Mods we have made (I'm modder, but under another nickname, I'm not here to be "popular" ... I don't like ass-kissers on the forums who would like my messages/comments just because they liked my mods, as usual on this forum...) for GTA IV (an then for GTA V.... the majority of GTA V players know GTA serie only since GTA IV... for its Mods!).

What Rockstar has done in return for us (PC players and modders)?

We wait 2 years for this game. It is not even finished, poor (no depth nor quality of history, no possibility of immersion, and the atmosphere is sloppy ... derisory compared to GTA IV.. yes i know "GTA V is beautiful then this game is so amazing"... Sorry, but i'm not a moron, i can make the difference between my personal preference and quality. GTA V is beautiful for this old and clearly obsolete Rage engine (with the 2nd and 3rd updates only for now...) but with very poor quality for a next-gen games (LOL, very good joke), not tested, nor optimized and clearly / orientated for console players only!

As usual, the Rockstar leaders should do politics.

And again some people continue to lick their ass, taking care to bold the texts only when these texts can beautify the image of this company ....

And ass-kissers still repeat ...

You know what? Kiss ass is never rewarded.

Why?

Because only the idiots can do this. Only idiots people accept all, specially bullsh*t (especially when it comes to take them for idiots) and live in the denial and pretend to be optimistic and positive (lol).

Thanks to you, ass-kissers, GTA VI will never released on PC or after a wait of 4 years after the release console...

And for the ass-kissers: Stop to pretend to be PC Gamers while you bought the game on console(s) because it was so rude from Rockstar, so difficult to wait (because of you!)...

Stop complaining about shark cards like a brat. This is reality, its all about the money. REALITY. Its their every right to earn from it, you don't like it you can stop playing instead of complaining about a NON-COMPLUSORY purchase.

Anyways, I agree they should have made modding allowed.

Edited by Kaito Katsumi

They are banning people for using mods in SINGLEPLAYER. They [presumably R*] deserve everything bad happening to them right now.. It's not "whining" you idiot.

Was NOT aware of this. This is bad news.

It's also bad that they are blanket banning.

It should only be for those people who use cheats to kill noobs for lulz, not for those creative types who will be building the tower of random objects at the airport to perform stunt jumps off in a month or two. That would be a very sad loss.

It should only be for those people who use cheats to kill noobs for lulz, not for those creative types who will be building the tower of random objects at the airport to perform stunt jumps off in a month or two. That would be a very sad loss.

No they do not. Most if not all those guys complaining about single player modding banning are offenders of some sort. Who the heck would admit to stealing something when they get caught unless they are a psychopath.

People that got banned, and were really thinking they were innocent, most likely they did not clean the modded files well.

They are banning people for using mods in SINGLEPLAYER. They [presumably R*] deserve everything bad happening to them right now.. It's not "whining" you idiot.

They are NOT banning single player mods. They are trying to keep online clean from cheaters.

SuperSpartan747

They are NOT banning single player mods. They are trying to keep online clean from cheaters.

I might be misunderstanding your post, but I believe the fuss is about people being banned from only for just using mods in singleplayer only (maybe that is what you meant). No one is saying that they are banning the use of singleplayer mods.

Also, I refuse to believe people really are getting banned from online for ONLY using their mods in singleplayer. I have not modified my GTA folder at all so I don't know exactly how it works, but is it true that you just need to put in a .dll and launch the game to get a mod to work? If that's true, and if it is also true that the game checks to see if the GTA folder has any additional .dll's when a player tries to get online and bans them if they do, then the only logical conclusion is that the people who are supposedly getting banned for singleplayer mods are not cleaning their GTA folders before attempting to enter online. Again, I don't know exactly how it works, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Do bans come in waves in GTA 5 or are players banned in the way I described above? If bans are distributed in the way I described above, then someone should make a video of the entire process of installing a mod, playing with it in singleplayer, disconnecting from the game, uninstalling the mod, then try connecting to online to see whether they are banned or not. This would be an ideal way to prove whether these people are actually getting banned or not.

Whats the big deal with using mods in SP?

Using mods in MP is clearly a form of cheating, but SP mods are perfectly fine

"they are banning people for using mods in single player"

BULL!

They are banning hackers, using mods ONLINE! Who then get banned and go to the forums crying they only used a mod in single player...... the shame is you believe them rather than calling them on their BS!

To be honnest, I am all up for them banning people via singleplayer when they detect hacks on their PC via single player..... you know why? Because they WILL 100% use them in online aswell, because thats the kind of douche bag hackers are!

GOOD RIDANCE!

Edited by mozno1
  • Like 3