2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

GTA V Online - Hackers?

ItsVFX

It was a good day for me. Woke up at 6 AM just so I can play GTA 5 before my classes.

Joined a session, got out of the my apartment and this happened. Basically freaking explosions started spawning out of nowhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URooDSzN03c

I really hope stuff like this gets fixed, because it takes the fun out of it.

EDIT: Yes is on PC. Also, sorry for calling the person who was doing this a hacker.

Edited by ItsVFX

Acekiller.45

It was a good day for me. Woke up at 6 AM just so I can play GTA 5 before my classes.

Joined a session, got out of the my apartment and this happened. Basically freaking explosions started spawning out of nowhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URooDSzN03c

I really hope stuff like this gets fixed, because it takes the fun out of it.

The more hackers they ban the more pissed off they get simple as that.

The worst, finally this hack isn't even used to cheat. But just for bothering people.

The "hacker" isn't credited when the player dies.

Edited by Thalyn

The worst, finally this hack isn't even used to cheat. But just for bothering people.

Its annoying the hell out of me. Happened in 3 different lobbies before I decided to just quit. I noticed too that when I died the person who was doing this isn't mentioned.

mmm dat artifacting.. You runing this on an amd card? if so try increasing your msaa and decreasing postfx, that's what fixed it for me and it also got rid of distant objects looking gridy

OT: sh*t man i mean it suck that rockstar is supposedly banning people that mod in single player but let f*ckwads like this guy run amok. the worst part is you can't report him because hes not getting credit for killing you.. sh*ts f*cked m8

Quinn_flower

ah pc. that's why I dont go online only on ps4.

• Like 1

thewhitehammer99

Just because someone can download a trainer dosent make them a "hacker"...

• Like 1

Its an easier concept for people who don't know anything about modding, trainers and scripts to understand.

Chloroform

The chick in your avatar is cute, name?

OT: Cheating, modding, etc (call it what you will) will always be around. In some cases it's sad, others it's fun.

xXOsamaBinLamaXx

The chick in your avatar is cute, name?

OT: Cheating, modding, etc (call it what you will) will always be around. In some cases it's sad, others it's fun.

Cheryl Cole

obama-not-bad.jpg

Edited by xXOsamaBinLamaXx

Furry_Monkey

I don't understand the little boy at the other end of that enjoying what he's doing. He's basically pressing a button rapidly and watching the notifications of people dying. I could write him an application in 2 lines of code that does that and he wouldn't have to go online and f*ck things up for other people.

I'm so glad I play on a (currently) unhacked system.

Sky_Light12

ah pc. that's why I dont go online only on ps4.

yup , i agree

most ppl told don't use the cheating device in online ( or at least abuse it )

while a youtuber selling some mods/hacks ( whatever you call them ) to kids , he's on PS3

when the hell second cheat purge is coming or at least some snitch disguised as normal players patrolling around

Edited by Sky_Light12

SkynetOnlineID

Same thing happened in a full lobby I was in. Everyone died instantly at the same time, unless they were in passive mode or in a apartment.

The other day I also met two unkillable modders with ridiculously high levels.They were both in different lobbies. One of them spammed rockets at my insurgent, destroying it in a second.

CarimboHanky

i dont know in 360 or pc, but being 3 weeks since i last encountered a modder in ps3...

super weird given the fact im a modders magnet!

Sky_Light12

i dont know in 360 or pc, but being 3 weeks since i last encountered a modder in ps3...

super weird given the fact im a modders magnet!

yesterday just stumbled that modder just blow me in my apt but for some reason i didn't die

tch..... second modders invasion has been started

Its an easier concept for people who don't know anything about modding, trainers and scripts to understand.

OP is playing on pc? this actually makes sense now.

im all about the modding and such for the pc games i play, but ive never heard of a trainer. is that a thing that just lvls yoru character while your away?

and on the subject of gta5 mods being banned from the game all together.

could you just... reinstall the game in a second location, disable your ethernet port, and play single player with as many mods as you want?

and then with the second install play online since its clean?

FourFingersOfFun

What I don't get is why there isn't any checks for stuff like this. For example why not have something in the game that checks for say x amount of players killed/died in x amount of time and if it's above a certain threshold it's reported as suspicious and a mod is assigned to watch the game and see what's happening?

MrJoshua78

Its come to the point where I don't get mad at it anymore on PS3. I find it kind of funny. I went into passive, and this modder had Lester appear in front of me with a firework launcher, and blew me up. Then he had 2 chops appear in front of me to maul me. He had it where his character would sit on my shoulders as I ran around. I climbed onto a building and he could make it look like I was wearing his car which would eventually flatten me, Then he would blow me up, but it would say that I was killing someone else in the lobby.

Furry_Monkey

I've been skeptical about hackers on current gen consoles until I saw this. Yeah, they're here alright... motherf*****s

No they're not. That's PC. Current gen consoles have not been hacked.

This kind of crap has been available on PC since release day.

Edited by Furry_Monkey
  • Like 2

Furry_Monkey

I've been skeptical about hackers on current gen consoles until I saw this. Yeah, they're here alright... motherf*****s

Well, don't I feel like an idiot now! Haha for some reason I was thinking OP was on xbox like me, d'oh!

At least I know I'm safe... for now

GTAForum mentality. People rarely think to state what platform they're on.

Chloroform

Well, don't I feel like an idiot now! Haha for some reason I was thinking OP was on xbox like me, d'oh!

At least I know I'm safe... for now

All I want is billion dollar days to come back.

• Like 1

You and the OP are referencing a modder, NOT a hacker. Very different elements to each.

I wish people would stop using them to mean the same thing. They clearly aren't.

Urban Dictonary:

Hacker: A person skilled with the use of computers that uses his talents to gain knowledge.

Modder: A person who creates modifications or "mods" to video games. They do this by adding or manipulating content and code, typically via an API provided by the game's developers.

Edited by zoso80

Chloroform

You and the OP are referencing a modder, NOT a hacker. Very different elements to each.

I wish people would stop using them to mean the same thing. They clearly aren't.

Urban Dictonary:

Hacker: A person skilled with the use of computers that uses his talents to gain knowledge.

Modder: A person who creates modifications or "mods" to video games. They do this by adding or manipulating content and code, typically via an API provided by the game's developers.

To gain knowledge? I'm sorry but hahaha, don't use urban to prove a point.

Touche.

Merriam-Webster:

Hacker:

computers : a person who secretly gets access to a computer system in order to get information, cause damage, etc. : a person who hacks into a computer system

Meet with your approval now?

Urban Dictonary:

To gain knowledge? I'm sorry but hahaha, don't use urban to prove a point.

Zwenkwiel

Urban Dictonary:

actually since your so keen on arguing definitions (while quoting the urban dictionary of all sources XD)

a more accurate term for these people would script kiddies or something since the vast majority of people just download whatever they need to mess with the game without knowing how any of it really works.

any1 familiar with the hacker culture should know how pointless it is to try and argue the definition of something that's constantly being redefined and relies heavily on personal preference. (some people might consider themselves hacker while others don't or vice versa)

I mean there's hackers, crackers , phreakers, modders, different colored hats, lifehacks etc, there is no real consensus as to what does and does not constitute a hacker

in the broadest, kind of mainstream, sense of the word though it's not unreasonable to refer to the people we saw in the video as hackers.

especially since it's commonly accepted to describe some1 cheating in a videogame as "using hacks"

Edited by Zwenkwiel

Chloroform

Touche.

Merriam-Webster:

Hacker:

computers : a person who secretly gets access to a computer system in order to get information, cause damage, etc. : a person who hacks into a computer system

Meet with your approval now?

It should have met your "approval" first, not mine. You know knowledge is power and all, you "hacker" you :p

actually since your so keen on arguing definitions (while quoting the urban dictionary of all sources XD)

a more accurate term for these people would script kiddies or something since the vast majority of people just download whatever they need to mess with the game without knowing how any of it really works.

any1 familiar with the hacker culture should know how pointless it is to try and argue the definition of something that's constantly being redefined and relies heavily on personal preference. (some people might consider themselves hacker while others don't or vice versa)

I mean there's hackers, crackers , phreakers, modders, different colored hats, lifehacks etc, there is no real consensus as to what does and does not constitute a hacker

in the broadest, kind of mainstream, sense of the word though it's not unreasonable to refer to the people we saw in the video as hackers.

especially since it's commonly accepted to describe some1 cheating in a videogame as "using hacks"

Well said.

Arrows to Athens

Very old news. Just happened to me yesterday. These modders just love to blow you up for no reason. Makes me wonder why modifying your system to exploit in online games isn't illegal.

Chloroform

Very old news. Just happened to me yesterday. These modders just love to blow you up for no reason. Makes me wonder why modifying your system to exploit in online games isn't illegal.

No one can tell you what you can and can't not do to your console but when it goes online that's a different story.