2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

does strength stat affect how much BULLET damage take?

blusunone

blusunone

I know it has an effect on damage from falls and melee combat, but what about damage from bullets?

also, what is the current best method for increasing the strength stat?

paperbagdude

I'm not sure about your first question, but if you wanna be buff, go knock down a lot of NPCs or play a sh*t ton of those fight club DMs.

Or play golf and tennis.

Edited by paperbagdude

JohnXina - Discord Emojispacer.pngJohnXina - Discord Emoji

CarimboHanky

yes it does.

play golf or simply go on any mission and start punching NPCs, in mission is easier because cops wont spawn.

yes it does.

play golf or simply go on any mission and start punching NPCs, in mission is easier because cops wont spawn.

No, it doesn't, strength only increase max health in Single Player. The only way to increase health in GTA Online is to level up, strength has no effect on it.

• Like 2

I'm also not convinced strength has any effect on bullet resistance even though some sources say it does. I think it's an urban legend. If there's any difference, it's small.

I leveled it up by beating up NPCs. 20 punches = 1% strength :/ It takes a while. Only punch everyone while they're still standing, when they're down they may already be dead and the punch has no more effect.

Edited by RogerWho

Code Haruna

^ 100% true. I advise to take Carimbo's answers with a grain of salt. Spreads a lot of misinformed stuff.

• Like 3

Strength does not affect bullet spongyness

leveling up increases health 1% each level until level 100 and thats it

The Lone Wanderer

haven't people looked at the game files? I assume that if noone knows how strength affects online health then it just doesn't.

however it reduces damage from collision significantly in my experience.

My opinion on the best method:

Start up any contact mission that has cops disabled and that you can play solo (ex: Blow Up III). Go to the hospital that is south east of Simeon's shop, it's about a half a mile away. Stay near the Emergency entrance and start knocking people out. Paramedics will eventually begin to come in pairs to aid those you killed. Knock out the paramedics also.

What makes this method superior to going to the beach is that the paramedics will actually fight back instead of run away which will allow you to get more punches in quicker than if you're running up and down the beach. The paramedics also tend to back each other up so sometimes when you start punching one the others will appear as a red circle on your radar and come to you and wait their turn to take a beating.

I did this 2 weeks ago with my 2nd character and it still works.

It still takes a good amount of time to max out the stat but its faster than the commonly recommended method of chasing NPCs on the beach.

Hope this helps.

Edited by FlexPiTo

LBCWorldWide

I'm also not convinced strength has any effect on bullet resistance even though some sources say it does. I think it's an urban legend. If there's any difference, it's small.

I leveled it up by beating up NPCs. 20 punches = 1% strength :/ It takes a while. Only punch everyone while they're still standing, when they're down they may already be dead and the punch has no more effect.

Ha! No difference? Perfect, all of you continue to believe that. I will continue to laugh when you only take 5-7 pistol shots and die while I'm over here taking 12-15 to die. (Watched it happen in a mission)

It's a no wonder why you Rambo's complain about AI accuracy and can't get sh*t done...

LBC 😎

haven't people looked at the game files? I assume that if noone knows how strength affects online health then it just doesn't.

Best response. Forget what the statistics SHOW, it's what the game files say that's important. Sadly I can't give an accurate answer.

Ha! No difference? Perfect, all of you continue to believe that. I will continue to laugh when you only take 5-7 pistol shots and die while I'm over here taking 12-15 to die. (Watched it happen in a mission)

It's a no wonder why you Rambo's complain about AI accuracy and can't get sh*t done...

LBC

Not evidential, sorry. Somebody did a test and found that at longer ranges, it COULD (key word here) take LESS shots to kill than at shorter ranges, when shooting at the same point on somebody's torso. This person also found that the damage done in reference to somebodies level (because level relates to maximum health) isn't correct either - sometimes a lower ranked player took more shots to kill in the same place than the higher ranked.

Don't ask me to quote the source, as it was a while ago (before you had even joined the forum) in one of the weapons threads, a while ago, but somebody did do some extensive testing and found some strange results. And they had access to the game file data too and couldn't understand.

My answer to the question is that: You should attempt getting full strength anyway. Even if it was meaningless, having no beneficial effect, having that stat maxed could allow somebody hosting a heist to keep you instead of somebody else.

I do however think that the damage taken from falling off buildings/ heights etc does seem to be reduced, but that could be anecdotal/ placebo.

Edited by Gaffa

spydeeman

Best response. Forget what the statistics SHOW, it's what the game files say that's important. Sadly I can't give an accurate answer.

LBC

Not evidential, sorry. Somebody did a test and found that at longer ranges, it COULD (key word here) take LESS shots to kill than at shorter ranges, when shooting at the same point on somebody's torso. This person also found that the damage done in reference to somebodies level (because level relates to maximum health) isn't correct either - sometimes a lower ranked player took more shots to kill in the same place than the higher ranked.

Don't ask me to quote the source, as it was a while ago (before you had even joined the forum) in one of the weapons threads, a while ago, but somebody did do some extensive testing and found some strange results. And they had access to the game file data too and couldn't understand.

My answer to the question is that: You should attempt getting full strength anyway. Even if it was meaningless, having no beneficial effect, having that stat maxed could allow somebody hosting a heist to keep you instead of somebody else.

I do however think that the damage taken from falling off buildings/ heights etc does seem to be reduced, but that could be anecdotal/ placebo.

As far as range on weapons is concerned the game files show there is a bullet damage drop for range so the farther away you are the less damage the gun deals.

Crunch McThornbody

To increase stats on my characters I played a mission which has no police wanted levels, went down to the beach & pier and just went along beating NPCs to death using just fists.

CarimboHanky

strength was the first thing i maxed and noticed i could take 1 more bullet to the body that i did before maxing my strength. leveling up for health is the best but in my book, from personal experience, strength do help with bullet damage.

^ 100% true. I advise to take Carimbo's answers with a grain of salt. Spreads a lot of misinformed stuff.

i spread misinfo?

would you point out a misinfo post i have made?

show me a post where i deliberately posted some "misinformation"

dont worry ill wait

Edited by CarimboHanky

Code Haruna

strength was the first thing i maxed and noticed i could take 1 more bullet to the body that i did before maxing my strength. leveling up for health is the best but in my book, from personal experience, strength do help with bullet damage.

dont worry ill wait

You're wrong. Strength doesn't do anything to health. It only makes characters climb ladders faster and, obviously enough, stronger melee. You're probably under placebo effect if anything.

As for your laughably wrong posts, I'll gladly PM if you'd like instead of posting in this topic.

Edited by Ayano Kannagi
  • Like 4

Rocket Skates

You're wrong. Strength doesn't do anything to health. It only makes characters climb ladders faster and, obviously enough, stronger melee. You're probably under placebo effect if anything.

As for your laughably wrong posts, I'll gladly PM you'd like instead of posting in this topic.

Dammit I wanted to see where this was going. Btw +1 I agree. Good on you for calling him out.

LordVukodlak

The damage reducing effects of strength are more significant on armor then they are on health.

Mottershead

I know it has an effect on damage from falls and melee combat, but what about damage from bullets?

also, what is the current best method for increasing the strength stat?

I've noticed a difference when playing with my two characters with different strength stats. It is worthwhile filling that bar right up, whether or not it is thought to be of any influence on receiving bullet damage.

The best way to get the bar full is to play golf or tennis, or go on a fist fighting rampage. Create a deathmatch where you can punch NPCs and then publish it. You'll get your strength up and also have a notch towards a creator platinum award.

Datguy8925

As far as I know, strength just affects how hard you can melee someone with your fists.

yes it does.

if you're not sure then say you're not sure or I think. Don't blatantly give people bad information..

str affects hand to hand combat making you able to take more of a beating and throw harder punches. It also affects how quickly you climb. With max str if you keep mashing x while climbing a ladder you'll climb much faster.

I think that's it but it's been awhile since I've had to deal with str so I forget.

Edited by xLuCx
  • Like 1

As far as range on weapons is concerned the game files show there is a bullet damage drop for range so the farther away you are the less damage the gun deals.

Yeah I know that... but you'd see I had said about there being more damage caused at more range. This was with certain weapons and hitting certain places.

CarimboHanky

yes it does.

if you're not sure then say you're not sure or I think. Don't blatantly give people bad information..

i give info based on personal experience and testing.

in the early days of my character, level 6-7 it would only take 2 bullets to body and it was death, after maxing strength, still level 6-7 it would now take 3 bullets to the body before it dropped.

so, no need for me to say "im not sure or i think", i know when i have to use those expression.

Going to check the scripts.

I took a look at "SET_PED_MAX_HEALTH" function and the maximum health for peds/players is 328 !

However it seems this is only for players, because AI's health values in missions can be set to 1000 or 800 or 500.

Devs use "SET_ENTITY_HEALTH" and "SET_ENTITY_MAX_HEALTH" natives for AI missions and those natives doesn't have a limit so you can set the health value to 9999, 5999..etc

• Like 1

Even my lvl 364 character only has about 50% strength and I've always punched every single npc I see. This stat takes a loooong time to max out.

The strenght stat oonly helps when climbing ladders and Melee combat.

Edited by Smesi.

Golf seemed to max out my strength stat the quickest, I could see the bar move up with every game...

Strength affect your health for physical tasks.

So when you fall it will reduce how much health you lose...etc

According to In-game texts files:

"Strength: Your physical power and resilience. Boosts melee damage, speeds up ladder climbing and reduces damage taken from falling. Increase by scoring hits in melee combat."

Edited by funmw2