2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Which is the Best Update Patch or Version of GTA V PC?

Sayak96

Best Patch or Version Of GTA V PC  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which Version or Patch of GTA V PC gives best performance?

• Patch version 350.2 [5/1/15]
    • Patch version 350.1 [4/30/15]
    • Patch version 335.1 [4/21/15]
    • Version 323.1 [Release version 4/14/15]

Since the release of GTA V PC, Rockstar has released several patches to the game. Some really improved the game performance and fixed issues, while the others did nothing or hampered performance even more. Which Version gave the best performance for you?

never had any issues with performance, updates gave me the same or better FPS ...

SuperSaiyanHazza

Ummm,all of the patches give me same fps or not noticeable fps drop

edit:i didnt play on release day

Edited by SuperSaiyanHazza

Patch 350.1

/thread

Please vote and submit so that a compared stats can be easily seen

Hi All! Please choose and vote, don't only reply your version! Please vote so that a comparative among the versions can be easily seen and this will help people play the game better. Please choose an option and vote...

MarshallRawR

Thing is, no one made real benchmark, and most of the answer were based on feelings.

After the first patch, I would suggest stop trusting most of those opinions.

For me it's 332.1. No pop-ins, stable framerate, properly working vsync.

No problems here since beginning. Well, I had small stuttering in previous updates but last 350.2 gave me the most fluid gameplay.

mahanddeem

Pointless poll and thread. For an online game you have to use latest version. Unless you get your games from tpb

RedIndianRobin

The release version of course.

• Like 2

EvilFiend

every patch has made the game worse. I blame AMD users

Pointless poll and thread. For an online game you have to use latest version. Unless you get your games from tpb

As the title said, it's for GTA V (offline) and not GTA online (online).

- For me, the 323.1 form the initial version had the better performances (75FPS --> 65FPS in the grass) but The AAs was crap (in background only, in first plan it was good). The only way to have good AAs was to choose the 4k DSR (on my 1080p screen, to "remove" the aliasings and to use the graphic settings from the nvidia Panel instead of those provided in game (by Rage engine....). I might lose 5FPS only in 4K DSR (nothing really notifiable).

- I don't remember if the 335.1 version was "interesting" (not that much if i don't remember). Then, the performances were are the same as above.

- With the same settings, the AAs are Ok (in background) from the 350.1 only, with some FPS loss (of course) but unproblematic (Solid 60FPS everywhere). Same as above, Graphic settings from the nVidia Panel.

But from this version, in 4k DSR, i had some logical FPS loss compared to 1080p (but oddly in the 323.1 version, 1080p or 4k DSR were the same, no FPS loss or not really notifiable).

- And the 350.2 it's so weird for an "minor update" (350.1 to 350.2), to have this kind of regressions.

With the same settings, in 1080p, I had only 30 FPS max. I have lowered my settings, and now i have 60-70FPS when I'm looking in the sky (or on the ground).. great... but only 40-50FPS when i'm playing, and some loss around 25FPS in grass for example. With this version, there are no performance, and no graphic quality.

Thing is, no one made real benchmark, and most of the answer were based on feelings.

You're living in denial lol

Every persons having some FPS (or performance) loss are made REAL (but personal) Benchmarks (its not feeling, it's real!). There are a plenty of threads on this forum where we can see their results.

What do you want ? ... A benchmark made by a f*cking paid (by rockstar) magazine?

Why these magazines will make a unpaid realist benchmark while they don't care about GTA V / Online on PC with nothing to earn.. no money, no more readers, and the displeasure of the generous Rockstar (very annoying if one day, Rockstar Games NY/Take2interactive (same company, same offices) thinks again to "distribute" a lot of money for a future upcoming game... only for their good "friends")... Generous financially when they need to have some good promotion as we had seen with the consoles markets... the promotional budget of $180milions for advertising, for lobbying towards the magazines is spent/completed.

But don't worries, Rockstar can always find a good little troll ready (no difficult, there are many on this forum) to say nice things and say that the update are extraordinary and provide better performances and better qualities. And all this for free or for a pittance (because this little "troll" believe become someone important in being a ass-kisser).

I have a biopic to share (lol):

There is a guy on this forum, who thought he was like a infiltrated person, or a divine emissary/messenger for/from Rockstar since many years.

So all this time, he said some nice things (towards Rockstar), he announced some extraordinary things, very very promising things...always.. so positive and optimistic.. always.

The most funny is on this forum, many naive people (playing notable, adult and smart people here) believed him and loved him for this.

And Then one day, this troll (unpaid) but (falsely) loved (most important for this kind of person to be loved by strangers, being popular ... and finally believe he is like a rock-star), was inviting for job interview at Rockstar / Take2Interactive.

I can imagine the interview:

-Why do you want to work at Rockstar ?

--Because me, me, me, i'm a good soldier during many years now !!!!!

-Oh ok, i see then... You should think to join the army instead, right?

--No no no no, i'm not this kind of soldier, it's dangerous. In fact I already tried, but I got kicked out while the interview, I was too good and so smart for them!!!

-Yes the modern army needs disciplined and realistic people but (unlike terrorist) not some ass-kissers ready to obey to a stupid order.

--Exactly!!! I'm very loyal and smart!! I'm ready to throw myself out the window for you!!!

-I see, What are you doing for us exactly ?

--On forums, and social networks and to my cat too and my girlfriend when she's not depressed, People love me because I say nice things about you, and I maintain the hype. You will sell a lot of copies on PC cause of me!!!!

-You think we need you for this?

--Of course, people like me! they listen to me. Whenever I announce something, they like me even more and they say that I'm right, I'm a good person ... they like me, my messages and comments.

I am the MAN for the job.. you know like Brucie... the real MAN!!!

You know, Me, I, Me... I'm like a god for them, their spiritual guide of gaming!!

-Well, I have a message for you!

We are counting on you!

Our future depends on it!

--Yes yes yes yes yes me me me me, I'm your hero, your soldier, yes yes yes, i can do it yes yes!!!

-Good, Tell them that the PC version will be amazing!

--Just that?

-Yes, just this. It's very important!

--I already repeat it since many months now!

-Continue!

--Wow, I think i'll cry... I'm so emotive, but I'm a Man. Remember, i'm the MAN of the situation, I'm the MAN for this very important JOB! yes!! yes!!! yes!!!, I can do it, I'll repeat your message...

Wooooow I am so happy, and I would add other words too !!

-Perfect, I think we're done here.

--Can I ask you a question?

-Yes, but don't ask too much!

--Will you hire me? Me! the famous guy! the MAN!

-I call you back! I'm not allowed to give you further informations. Please stay tuned on the newswire!

No company hires the ass-kissers, Companies (and political parties) need of this kind of persons, but no need to hire them, because it's so easy to find "for free" all those people no-life, no real skills, without real and useful knowledge, who likes to feel like an important person, like a Person of interest, who loves and believes to be a citizen of a company ...

And afterwards, he went back on this forum to share his hatred towards the company and the game... and then disappeared, disappointed by Rockstar. We can see him (with his schizophrenic behavior) sometimes here (sometimes with other nicknames)...

In fact, you're in the denial, because in contrary, every persons (on this forum) talking about better performance or identical performances (compared to the day one) don't made a real benchmark.

They don't share their results, only approximate numbers (=unrealistic numbers, with their message "I have a nvidia 580 and i have solid 60FPS on high everywhere.. i'm a good troll"), proving that they don't take some measures, and only give their feelings, on a thing they are not usually able to see .... So yes, in this case, it's just a feeling.

They can't "see" this kind of things. It's funny because many of them, are the same people who weren't able to see the difference between Screenshot, and render, or just a edited picture, no able to make the difference between detailed textures and detailed (hi-poly) 3D models, no able to make the difference between beauty (looks good, artificial beauty) and quality (good by nature, natural beauty), globally no able to see the difference between 40 and 60FPS (of course for these guys, the game always runs fine and will look amazing (which it's not a truth, just a personal opinion, and have nothing to do with "quality" or performance))... And after that, they come here playing the bosses just to say "No no, it's perfect for me, it's an amazing job, no performance loss... the problem come from your hardwares morons, not from this fantastic and loved Company, who i believe in this company because i'm a naive good goat guy, and one day, yes one day, rockstar will pay me if I continue to be an ass-kisser" (and other bullsh*ts) while they don't sh*t about all this.

Edited by Thalyn
  • Like 2

ThunderBanana

Hey! :(

Unless you mean AMD CPU's. :p

OT: Release version was the best for me. Especially without the added spyware :/

It looks a lot better with the most recent patch yes, but I'm noticing a bit more stuttering. I've run into a strange bug once where I'll be driving and literally everything disappears (like I'm in Blue Hell, but not falling) and after a couple seconds things will start to load back in. It's weird, and only happened once since the most recent patch. IDK what happened, but it never happened before or since.

Edited by ThunderBanana

I had and I have performance's issues with all of them.

But the worth was 335.1.

Something i don't understand; FPS is better than GTA IV, but is more stuttering ?!

I totally agree with you. F**k the AMD !

MarshallRawR

-some stuff-

Ouch, that's hard to read (I mean, what a mess) but I get (I guess) your point, but you didn't get mine at all.

I was going to elaborate an answer a little bit more complete, but well, I don't feel like so.

Here is what I wrote before changing my mind. Please don't say I'm denying everything like a brainless idiot. Thanks.

Looks like someone did not understand my point, which basically was that

you can't say "my perf decreased!" just by some "feelings". "Oh I have 5FPS less here, 3less there, 6more there" isn't accurate.

Was there a performance drop? I think so, after the first patch, because I also felt it.

When it was firstly played, it was running smoothly for me. Then came the patches and everything got downhill...especially the FPS drops near Tervor's trailer due to the immense amount of foliage.

Vice City criminal

The conslole version.

never heard of that version.

never heard of that version.

Yes I dont imagine rock residents are very up-to-date with current events.

Vice City criminal

I'm up-to-date with current events but I've never heard of a version for CONSLOLE.

• Like 2

Hi All

The gtaforums member "toohk58249"

Has sent me this PM:11244067_917283948314988_1687103298_o.jp

Please report or block this user so that he can't harass any more members

MarshallRawR

Hi All

Has sent me this PM:

There was no need to bump this thread for such report, contact the mods directly next time :)

Also, this member is already banned. It was in fact a bot, randomly sending hate PMs, nothing against you personally.

Edited by MarshallRawR

Hi All

Has sent me this PM:11244067_917283948314988_1687103298_o.jp

Please report or block this user so that he can't harass any more members

Thank you all! this account has been busted! So don't worry any more!

Please forgive me If I have bothered you and wasted your time! I wanted to stop this meniac that's why! Please ignore this!

:lol: