2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

GTA Online - Armoured Vehicles

Boximus

Hi all, just a quick post to gauge people's opinions on armoured vehicles in GTA online. It's probably more of a moan and a whine post actually as I'm struggling to see why R* have set it so it costs players money to destroy other people's armoured vehicles.

I appreciate most players have them now, especially the armoured kuruma, but to me it seems counter productive to have the guy who blows another persons armoured vehicle up pick up the costs for it. I can understand why it was implemented on any other standard vehicle, in order to reduce trolling and to have a consequence to wanton destruction. However in my experience and opinion, the majority of GTA gamers in online are just using armoured vehicles to troll other players and it gets tiring.

Basically every time I load into GTA online in free mode, all you get is some kid thinking he's the cat's whiskers in an armoured kuruma following players around and shooting them from the safety of this practically impenetrable car. When players do take a rocket/sticky to them (usually in self defence!) the player has to then pay the $6k for it. It's basically the perfect troll for these kids as it's win/win for them - they either troll players by getting free/easy kills or they force them to pay the destruction fee (repeatedly usually!). The only other counter is they force them to get their own armoured vehicle out, which ends up exasperating the situation.

I appreciate it's not a lot amount of funds in-game and it's easily made up, but for the sheer amount of times this happens it can have a big impact as well as being annoying and tiresome. Having your own or going passive are not really the answer as this basically forces/encourages styles of gameplay, which again is counter productive to a sandbox game. All that's going to happen is GTA online will just be a open death match of armoured vehicles.

I personally think there are much better ways of dealing with armoured vehicles within the games. Easiest way to address it is that it should not cost the person who destroys them any money and their use and relative safety should be balanced by the fact they cost the user if/when they are destroyed. Alternatively have dedicated instances for players with armoured vehicles and segregate them from regular vehicles in free mode.

Anyway that's all I had to say. I'm pretty new to GTA 5 (Not played it on consoles) and I didnt play much GTA4 so most of my GTA online gaming experience is based on the old GTA VC online and MTA mods so apologies if I'm missing or overlooking some important factor.

Edited by Boximus
  • Like 2

lol I can live without them to be honest, certainly in GTA Online freemode.

Yeah I doubt that.

Yeah I doubt that.

Yea, think I know my own mind pal. For me they currently don't work so I'd rather not have them.

jimmyriddler

Passive mode is the only way to deal with this really, and its not really a big deal?

Edited by jimmyriddler

Yeah I doubt that.

Yea, think I know my own mind pal. For me they currently don't work so I'd rather not have them.

I think you don't know GTA Online too well. A day when I can exit my apartment without getting sniped as soon as I do so is rare.

to u should not be able to fire any guns in a armored vehicle that would solve some of those annoying drive by gunners...

• Like 3

nebraskathomas

I get excited when I see someone pull up in an armored vehicle and start shooting at me... I immediately pull out my rocket launcher and pull the trigger... makes me LOL every time. I add to the excitement by chasing them down as they re-spawn.

I get excited when I see someone pull up in an armored vehicle and start shooting at me... I immediately pull out my rocket launcher and pull the trigger... makes me LOL every time. I add to the excitement by chasing them down as they re-spawn.

Thats fair enough, I just don't think you should have to pay the $6 grand insurance for them trolling you.

weird so if someone shots at me first from car and if i blow the car up i have to pay ? that cant be right... then i might aswell always play with passive mode online im not gonna pay for other idiots cars....

Ya, I certainly think that for those vehicles that are considered 'armored', the driver should bear the cost for it being destroyed.

They are usually driven around by trollers, if not always, and the best chance against it is using explosives, which makes me pay for their trolling.

The system is broken.

Scalesdini

Meh, I don't troll people, almost never leave closed sessions in fact, still drive my Insurgent almost all the time. It's fast, it's got ridiculous armor for those times when you uh... "accidentally" get 4-5 star wanted levels, it's good off-road, it can drive through water like nothing else, it has absurd ramming power, it can hold 6 people with 2 firing MG's off the side... it's just an incredible all around vehicle, is what I'm getting at. The $17k insurance fee doesn't hurt for deterring people from even attempting to blow it up, which takes quite a bit of effort... so, it's also good for missions, you can park it close to the action and not worry about stray explosives killing it.

The kuruma, though, just seems like it was made for trolls. Not my style anyway, and I can just drive over top of them with my insurgent, so whatever.

PCMasterRace46

I just go passive and call them cowards which is what they are.

• Like 1

They should just disable weapons inside the kuruma.

Shooting weapons through armor and bulletproof glass in almost every direction is kinda overpowered.

Yeah I doubt that.

I think you don't know GTA Online too well. A day when I can exit my apartment without getting sniped as soon as I do so is rare.

Go into passive mode before you go out, and stay way from traffic (they can blow it up if your near... your dead).

If you like going out "not" in passive, just buy 2 properties......one high end apartment and one way out in the hills so you have a better chance if someones watching you.

Getting sniped right out of apartment? Come out of your garage in a veh and high tail it.

Im in passive mode when not wanting to battle anyone, but when I am in the mood, it is the best fighting imo, big ol city to hide and fight in, many vehicles/weapons.

It cost nothing but ammo when you die, if you lose your veh, $7,000 or so to replace? Its worth it imo.

I love running around the city nervous about getting killed, its very good gaming. Remember, breathe and enjoy. :)

Most of the time im in passive, in the Kuruma joining jobs and helping others through whatever they are doing.

But when its time to fight, im glad the city is like this. Its perfect...... almost.

People who drive by from Kurumas are usually wannabe troll noobs.

You can easily gun them down with an assault shotgun, it's literally the 1st thing I did in GTAO PC.

I went to buy my third apartment, some dude came from nowhere and started to shoot at me from his Kuruma, I took cover, got closer to him and shot him down with the assault shotgun, the bullets penetrate the car's armor....

Edited by Luismy_MMD

You can easily gun them down with an assault shotgun, it's literally the 1st thing I did in GTAO PC.

I went to buy my third apartment, some dude came from nowhere and started to shoot at me from his Kuruma, I took cover, got closer to him and shot him down with the assault shotgun, the bullets penetrate the car's armor....

ill give the assault shotgun a go but its not even the fact that I'm getting killed by them, I just think it's a broken game mechanic to charge the person who blows them up the insurance money, especially considering how common they are. It just seems like every 12 year old kid and prick who plays the game uses their limited imagination to try and troll and the game supports them by making it win/win for them. Makes no sense.

to u should not be able to fire any guns in a armored vehicle that would solve some of those annoying drive by gunners...

Yeah doesnt make any sense either. The glass is only bulletproof on the outside? Whut?

Go into passive mode before you go out, and stay way from traffic (they can blow it up if your near... your dead).

If you like going out "not" in passive, just buy 2 properties......one high end apartment and one way out in the hills so you have a better chance if someones watching you.

Getting sniped right out of apartment? Come out of your garage in a veh and high tail it.

Im in passive mode when not wanting to battle anyone, but when I am in the mood, it is the best fighting imo, big ol city to hide and fight in, many vehicles/weapons.

It cost nothing but ammo when you die, if you lose your veh, $7,000 or so to replace? Its worth it imo.

I love running around the city nervous about getting killed, its very good gaming. Remember, breathe and enjoy. :)

Most of the time im in passive, in the Kuruma joining jobs and helping others through whatever they are doing.

But when its time to fight, im glad the city is like this. Its perfect...... almost.

1. Passive mode is bullsh*t. Its not an option, if it would just disable PvP it would be fine but by entering Passive mode Im essentially surrendering all my offensive capabilities. That means I cant do anything if an NPC snaps, if the cops chase me or if someone tries to vandalize my car while its parked. All of which happen very often.

2. I dont get the two apartment thing. I already have 3 appartments.

3. Dont get the vehicle part either. I always come out in a vehicle, and if I dont get sniped I get blown up. Hell I often dont even see it happen, game just loads to the WASTED screen.

4. Ammo is expensive. If I get killed while holding the grenade launcher I lose half my grenades. It essentially costs me 5 grand every time I get killed while holding that thing, which is quite often since its the only reliable way to take out Kurumas (which also costs me 6 grand).

And 5. I like a little chaos too now and then, but the magic word here is LITTLE. I mean Jesus Christ, I literally cant drive two blocks without getting blown up or sniped, give it a rest!

Edited by Le Dude

OldWorldNomad

Personally I would vouch the removal of explosives entirely, at least against other players. Or make them stupidly expensive. I don't want to be chased by low-levelled players with sticky bombs. I want a more fair, skill-based challenge. Being limited to 2 weapons at any time, e.g. a primary weapon and a sidearm would be awesome. You'd have to mix-and-match your playstyle. Every player would offer a different style of combat.

Armored Kurumas, can't live with them, can't live without them...

Are u a pussy? :lol: U can hide from bullets,but only for a while & any explosive will blow your kuruma & you up

Edited by Biff73

ill give the assault shotgun a go but its not even the fact that I'm getting killed by them, I just think it's a broken game mechanic to charge the person who blows them up the insurance money, especially considering how common they are. It just seems like every 12 year old kid and prick who plays the game uses their limited imagination to try and troll and the game supports them by making it win/win for them. Makes no sense.

Assault shooties just penetrate the car it doesn't blow it up, no insurance payment needed :)

Are u a pussy? :lol: U can hide from bullets,but only for a while & any explosive will blow your kuruma & you up

Its your money bro.

ClareXoBearrx3R9

Didn't know that the assault shotgun could be used to penetrate the armor on those vehicles - will definitely keep that in mind next time I go Online. :^:

I too understand the broken logic behind this stuff. I feel like Passive Mode should be improved in a sense where players are still able to access their weapon wheel, only firing weapons whilst in passive will not do damage to other players but will do damage to AI/NPCs. The "first generation" passive mode, so I've heard, was disabled when going into a vehicle, which was just outright silly IMHO since 95% of the time, players are in a vehicle of some sort. The newest passive mode is better, just not the best IMO.

Though in fairness, I think the updated passive mode was relatively simple to implement on a technical level:

1. Turn off collision physics for vehicle the passive-moded player is inside against other players
  2. Alter the player and player vehicle's alpha / transparency to something like 20%.

I'm not sure the same collision physics could be easily applied to bullets / gun fire since that might require some code rewriting in the game's core, seeing as it's not likely to be already implemented.

Sadly, I feel there will always be some underlying issues with certain game mechanics/properties and surely I do agree - that this is one of them.

Its your money bro.

I'm at level 263,do you think money is an issue at all?

Candy_Licker

They should just disable weapons inside the kuruma.

Shooting weapons through armor and bulletproof glass in almost every direction is kinda overpowered.

Yeah, I love the Kuruma as a car, but it's really dull with it playing missions. In freeroam I'm ALWAYS in passive mode anyway, so it doesn't bother me that much.

Cracka.Brew

This

Meh, I don't troll people, almost never leave closed sessions in fact, still drive my Insurgent almost all the time. It's fast, it's got ridiculous armor for those times when you uh... "accidentally" get 4-5 star wanted levels, it's good off-road, it can drive through water like nothing else, it has absurd ramming power, it can hold 6 people with 2 firing MG's off the side... it's just an incredible all around vehicle, is what I'm getting at. The $17k insurance fee doesn't hurt for deterring people from even attempting to blow it up, which takes quite a bit of effort... so, it's also good for missions, you can park it close to the action and not worry about stray explosives killing it.

The kuruma, though, just seems like it was made for trolls. Not my style anyway, and I can just drive over top of them with my insurgent, so whatever.

Cackling Jack

Grenade Launcher does the job. Time it well and you have em. Only use mine in heists or contact missions.

• Like 1

MagicNarcosis

Kuruma is the new chrome Adder.

Insurgent is the new Tank

Tank died behind R* logic. You think you're safe??

Soran Is On

I'm glad I don't play assisted aim. Got dumped into a lobby if AA the other day and it was a koorooma circus.

Much easier to deal with the insurgents in free aim.

I see no problem with armored vehicles.

The homing launcher on the other hand. I have a huge issue with the fact that a hydra is untouchable and heli's are death traps now.

• Like 1