2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

New PC build, what can I expect vs actual build ?

McDodge34

McDodge34

Sorry I didn't find an appropriate section, I feel it doesn't belong in Can I run It thread since I know it will run it better than my current rig, just wanted some advices perhaps, sorry if I'm assuming wrong here

Its official, my new PC is getting built this week. gpt all the pieces at a PC shop, I know the pieces aren't totally brand new, but considering I got all of them beside the graphic card for 200$ and the video card for 300$, I feel it should improve my GTA V experience compared to the PC in my signature at least.

Case: Corsair Carbide 300R black

MB: P8Z77-V LX

CPU: Intel I5 3550 3.3GHZ (I do not plan on oc it anytime soon, had a very very bad experience in the past)

RAM: 16GB Kingston Genesis HyperX 4x4GB DDR3 1600 (max supported speed of the CPU if I'm correct)

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce OC 4GB edition

SSD: 512GB OCZ Agility 3 (will never trust them, everything will be backed up somewhere else, had so many faulty OCZ SSD, but this one is for free from the same friend)

PSU: Thermaltake Smart 650W

Any tips are welcome, it will run on Windows 7 64 bits of course

JowDaRapper

you bought this video card for 300$??

Edited by JowDaRapper

Sorry I didn't find an appropriate section, I feel it doesn't belong in Can I run It thread since I know it will run it better than my current rig, just wanted some advices perhaps, sorry if I'm assuming wrong here

Its official, my new PC is getting built this week. gpt all the pieces at a PC shop, I know the pieces aren't totally brand new, but considering I got all of them beside the graphic card for 200$ and the video card for 300$, I feel it should improve my GTA V experience compared to the PC in my signature at least.

Case: Corsair Carbide 300R black

MB: P8Z77-V LX

CPU: Intel I5 3550 3.3GHZ (I do not plan on oc it anytime soon, had a very very bad experience in the past)

RAM: 16GB Kingston Genesis HyperX 4x4GB DDR3 1600 (max supported speed of the CPU if I'm correct)

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce OC 4GB edition

SSD: 512GB OCZ Agility 3 (will never trust them, everything will be backed up somewhere else, had so many faulty OCZ SSD, but this one is for free from the same friend)

PSU: Thermaltake Smart 650W

Any tips are welcome, it will run on Windows 7 64 bits of course

Yes it will run better but imo you should buy a I7 for hyperthreading cause of more games will start to use it, Or you just buy a new Graphic Card and w8 for intel to release skylake.

McDodge34

you bought this video card for 300$??

Yup, friend paid 549$ for it in july 2014, and after looking at equivalent performances, I think 300$ was fair enough, its not a basic card and I couldn't afford anything better for my extremely tight budget of 150$ with my friend, I can pay him later when I receive some tax refunds that should come later this month I guess.

McDodge34

Just to let everyone know, I just got the PC working and I straight launched GTAV after copy from old PC to Steam folder, I didn't touch any graphic settings yet) and I get constant 59fps with Vsync On and since its the refresh rate detected for my monitor its awesome like this, its automatically choose some awesome settings already for me, when I deactivate the Vsync, I get 130-180 fps everywhere and close to 230 fps on water but with a lot of stuttering, I know there was a fix somehow about this, but if its not fixed, I can be perfectly happy with 59fps locked down by Vsync, 100x better graphics than on my signature rig, speaking of this, will have to update that today, but I need to sleep first.

1 change to the build, the OCZ Agility didn't want to format and install Windows on it, so I ditched the OCZ Vector 150 from my laptop, its not a gaming laptop, just a 2010 rig that works perfect for Internet and other stuff, some light games runs on it but it sports only a radeon 5450, so the SSD wasn't needed there, it was fun for quick boot but not needed.

DrDetroit

I think the most crucial component is the GPU. Get the fastest and best one you can eek out with your budget...of course that would require by default a decent CPU as well. A nice 8-core AMD FX series will do well and a lot of bang for the buck.

Good luck!

DrDetroit

JowDaRapper

you could have bought a much better GPU like GTX 970 for approx. 30$ more at newegg for instance.

mahanddeem

300$ for 770 is a pure ripoff(now), if friend bought 770 for 549$ july 2014, he was ripped too (lol)

350$ for a NEW 970 NOW !! It's around double the performance, and vram !

PS: Wait! tax refund in May ? Is this the friend IRS too ?

Edited by mahanddeem

McDodge34

I think the most crucial component is the GPU. Get the fastest and best one you can eek out with your budget...of course that would require by default a decent CPU as well. A nice 8-core AMD FX series will do well and a lot of bang for the buck.

Good luck!

DrDetroit

Think you didn't understand that topic, I upgraded to the 2nd machine in the first post, compared to the PC in my signature (which will be edited with new one quickly)

300$ for 770 is a pure ripoff(now), if friend bought 770 for 549$ july 2014, he was ripped too (lol)

350$ for a NEW 970 NOW !! It's around double the performance, and vram !

PS: Wait! tax refund in May ? Is this the friend IRS too ?

Current price at the store where my friend purchased his video card is still 509$ for that GTX 770, but its not a regular cheap one either

Yup, a stock GTX 770 with 1-2GB of DDR5 at 300$ would be a total ripoff you're right, but look at the beast I have, I've compared some benchmarks and still its actual for a lot of games, its not a regular one, its a Gigabyte GTX 770 OC Windforce x3 (3 fans and very quiet) 4GB edition, find me a better price for a card of this much power and ram, a current GTX 970 with same OC and ram is around 489$ http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=43_1200_557_559&item_id=076752

Note here, not trying to find best price, just a compare from the store I purchase 70% of all my PC needs.

Op you are talking about US $ or CDN $ ?

Because there is a difference, my GTX 970 is 330$ on amazon.com and 478.99$ on amazon.ca but it's CDN$

Edited by Shayd80

McDodge34

CDN$, I'm canadian

Edited by McDodge34

CDN$, I'm canadian

Ok so that's probably why people are saying it's expensive ^^

300CDN is 250USD

Edited by Shayd80

CDN$, I'm canadian

The flag isnt obvious enough :p

While it may not be a bad deal, its not quite the mates rates Id have gone with. The extra 100 (US!!) for a brand new 970 would have been worth the money.

But you seem to be enjoying the new setup, so hf :)

US$ 250 for a 770 is not bad at all actually, although OP can get a 290 for like US$ 240 and beat the sh*t out of a 770.