2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

question for people who play "9,000,000RP" deathmatches

blusunone

blusunone

You know the type of deathmatch I'm talking about. First, the title and description imply that whoever plays it will gain huge amounts of RP and cash. The title may state that it is a glitch or mod, typically in broken English, or they will claim it is a hack. The "forced weapon" is almost always set to Jerry Can, although sometimes it is a knife, baseball bat, or unarmed. Essentially this setting makes it so that the player is unarmed and will not be a fair match against a player who has a real weapon. Then you check the map layout. There will be a huge concentration of weapon pickups on one side of the map, on the other side there is basically nothing. Obviously the idea behind these matches is to trick players into joining them by implying that they will gain a lot of cash and RP, but what actually happens is they spawn on the side with no weapons and the side that does have weapons just shoots the unarmed players over and over.

The amazing thing to me is not that these types of matches exist, but that they appear to be by far the most predominant and popular matches to play. If you try to quick join into a deathmatch, these are almost all you will spawn into. You might find one legitimate deathmatch where both sides are equally armed out of every fifteen or twenty attempts, if you are lucky. The rest are these spawn trap type deathmatches, which leads me to believe that almost all the players who play deathmatches are playing them. So I have several questions, for the people that play these:

First, why do you prefer to play these types of deathmatches over ones where both sides are equally armed and on a level playing field?

Also, how does this continue to be the most popular type of deathmatch? I'm sure most people who play deathmatches know what these types of deathmatches are. Why would they continue joining and playing? I frequently see huge lobbies full of people waiting to play these before I leave. Are they just hoping that they will luck into the side with weapons, and they will just quit if they are on the unarmed side? Or are there really that many clueless people who believe it will give them unlimited cash and RP if they join?

Also for those of you who prefer deathmatches where both sides are equally armed and on a level playing field, how do you find these types of matches? Is there a good crew I could join where I can find more like-minded players like myself? Or is there a way to turn off user-generated matches so I only end up in verified matches?

• Like 4

CrysisAverted

R* censors Grapeseed

R* does not censor Spam

Quality f*cking job C*

• Like 2

fish61324

Comes here, sees 5 paragraphs... doesn't read. Bye

ExplosiveEnergy386

I prefer the R* Only Created Deathmatches. They are Way more fun and Fair than these Crap created death matches. But to anwser your other questions. From what I understand most people join these just to boost they're KD. And you just have to be lucky I don't always join these types of death matches. But I'm unaware of a function that allows you to be more selective of the Deathmatches you join.

I joined one to try and f*ck over the host, didn't work. RIP.

it's actually 4. Fish brain.

these dms are just for losers who can't be bothered to level up in a legit manner or for those kinds of kids who got picked on relentlessly throughout high school and now they want a little revenge. I can't really see any other reason for people to WANT to play these types of dms

Shadowfennekin

It's just a cheap way to raise K/D or maybe get weapon tints. I did beat the Host over once and only killed him taking the advantage for Minigun kills Halfed his K/D. Felt pretty good. :)

CarimboHanky

too much reading for a 99999RP deathmatch discussion.

the things are nothing but death traps.

you would never get the announced $ or rp.

i have been there a couple times, the last time was last week, i had to play a DM for my daily objectives, quick jobs send me straight into one of this death traps.

too bad for the host, it was a map i had played before with my bro, so i knew how to get to the weapons, got there in no time and proceed to spawnkill the host til he leaves.

once he left, my job was done, so i left the DM.

send him a message "why you leave? its not fun when youre not the one with the minigun?"

R* censors Grapeseed

R* does not censor Spam

Quality f*cking job C*

i read this a lot but no one explain me how do they censor grapeseed in snapmatic?

i have pics in grapeseed and it says it in grapeseen in socialclub!

Edited by CarimboHanky

R* censors Grapeseed

R* does not censor Spam

Quality f*cking job C*

i read this a lot but no one explain me how do they censor grapeseed in snapmatic?

regardless the whole thing is stupid. Even the NPCs text us motherf*ckers for stealing their rides. Edited by xLuCx

People still fall for missions like this? lol, good way to fool the masses, just like how R* fools us into thinking fake gta money is everything.

I prefer the Parkour ones over the wall glitch DMs as it offers more of a challenge and feels new rewarding when you reach the end goal of weapons first.

Plus it's simple to just leave once someone grabs the weapons first. They do pay pretty decent, 18k was my highest amount for a 10 minute 2nd place with 6 players with the host getting 22k.

Headdogg81

^ :sarcasm: Here we go again. The kesh kard konspiracists are here.........

Anyway back on topic. I never join any deathmatches with descriptions like these. Like has been mentioned they are genereally traps so I avoid them all together.

R* censors Grapeseed

R* does not censor Spam

Quality f*cking job C*

I had racoon censored the other night. Racoon FFS. :blink:

I'll join if I need to do a certain DM for my Objectives. I always get into one with low level knobs with pitiful stats so I beat the crap out of them anyways. Only when a DM is one of my objectives is when I really do DM's anymore since it's always crap like this that pops up. What the heck happened Rockstar?

Chamber53DV

Some people use it to get the kills, and sadly enough to bring up their KDR. One of the reasons I started to distance myself from one of my old GTA Crews was because the use of cheap tactics started to spread.

To each their own, but it's not my cup of tea...it ain't that serious.

😂

OT: I think for some, they want to try and beat the host, which is highly unlikely 'cause you wouldn't host one of these DM's without GOOD practice or know of an area to get through to the guns, tanks etc.

Or you could just be really thick and think that you're gonna get 999999999RP & $$$

R* censors Grapeseed

R* does not censor Spam

Quality f*cking job C*

regardless the whole thing is stupid. Even the NPCs text us motherf*ckers for stealing their rides.

The best part is that on the PC, words like Xbox and Rockstar come out as censored for other players. Makes sense, yeah?

blusunone

Thank you for all the great replies. It is nice to know that I am not the only one frustrated by this. I just wish R* would fix it. They sure the hell do a great job fixing money glitches (which I never use) so people will buy cash cards, but they apparently can't be bothered with this since there is no financial incentive to them.

The one thing I don't understand is why people fixate on KDR. It seems that many of you agree, KDR is a major incentive for this trend. But why does anyone give a sh*t about that? Do you get some sort of award, money, or RP for getting your KDR up to a certain amount? As far as I know, you don't. I don't really care about anyone else's KDR either...so really, KDR means nothing. It may have personal meaning, assuming you earned it by fighting against evenly matched players. But if all you do is play spawn-traps, it means nothing. All your KDR would represent is the fact that you can shoot unarmed players. It is a huge amount of effort just to boost a meaningless number. Do people really care about that?

Totally blusunone. Lots of people don't care about KD. Some do. But if you DO care, why cheat? I mean obviously you care enough about it to cheat to raise your KD. But if you care about your KD, cheating makes it artificial and meaningless.

I for one DO care. Its how I decided to keep the game interesting after playing it for over a year. It doesn't matter what other people think. I get called a modder and a cheater and get reported all the time for my KD. Its pretty funny actually.

But im PROUD of it because I EARNED it. And it DOES have personal meaning. No luring people into 1,000,000 rp matches, no wall glitchiing, no god mode, no dashboarding when I die. As soon as you do any of that crap your KD is fake and you are a sad pathetic person

• Like 3

WWEMichaelB

If you want people to join your custom deathmatch title it as such. But most of the time those deathmatches are just traps to boost the hosts ever so useless k/d by trapping you in an enclosed area and they're on the outside shooting you with a tank or a jet.

Also I don't know why people fall for deathmatch titles like this.

Edited by WWEMichaelB

Lol stupid tbh, you dont get anywhere near that much RP and cash even if you were in a full lobby and the only one with a weapon just nonstop killing everyone in the enclosed area for 1 hour. You wouldn't even make a 1/10th of what the title says. I dont know why so many people choose to play it however

I joined this the other day when I had to do a deathmatch for the daily objective. The guy on my team got the tank and went on a killing spree whilst I stood in the train carriage.

What got me was that, the other team weren't attempting to leave? They just ran around trying the hide. I sent them messages saying just leave but none of them did. I then just sent abusive messages to the dude in the tank who tried to kill me.. Genius.

The losing team even rated it a thumbs up even though only two of them had a kill. Bizarre.

Edited by Lay

TheJasonGallant

-> Comes to a forum

-> Doesn't read

Your place is elsewhere.

On topic: I certainly do not understand why people play these deathmatches.

All I know is that I don't like playing in them.

Edited by TheJasonGallant

I just join them for the extra RP and cash or when the daily objective is about a deathmatch since these are easy to find. I sometimes get the weapons since I'm good at that climbing stuff, but I only kill other players who also got weapons just to be fair to the unarmed guys.

I always join, and try to get the guns so I can spawnkill the host.

CarcerCityMadMan

I coined the term"NOOB TRAPS",that is what they are some low level sees 99999999rp/money and there like wow im going to play that,only to get there asshole ripped open for 15 mins and get nothing,even if you win you get nothing but the regular pay lol.I avoid theses maps like the plague.No skill to standing over a pit of defenseless players like a warden of a jail and killing them over an over,its a joke.Anyone who is ok with this is an idiot period.

I really wish they would introduce a filter on the quick jobs so you only search out verified maps so you never have to see theses abominations,come on R*

Edited by CarcerCityMadMan
  • Like 2

thebrianmo

I joined one to try and f*ck over the host, didn't work. RIP.

I joined one, killed the host so many times he rage quit!

• Like 3

Mr. Larson

I dont get why they are all named the same. Why not name it "All Heists Vehicles in your garage glitch" or "BIG P3NIS for your char!!!!!FUNNNYYYY!LOL"
Joined them in my early days because i was curious. They might even work to level up low ranked characters quite quick, if you play them private just for the rp.
Must have played them 5-10 times to get the concept of it and then realised that most of times the host did not get it himself.

So i think some people just play them because if they do it often enough, they will get 9 million rp.

TLDR.

The real question is why would anyone play them in the first place?

These deathmatchers are made by idiots to entice the even bigger idiots into playing them, anyone with half a brain cell should know that these games are complete bullsh*t and don't actually award as much RP and cash as they say they do.

If you're stupid enough to waste your time joining one of these you just as retarded as the people that make them.

• Like 2

kitsune25

The reason people play these deathmatches is to boost their k/d ratio. I used to do this bullsh*t and I was a complete k/d whore and did it until I got a 20 k/d, then realized it did nothing but make myself look like a complete asshat. Any k/ds that are double digit or 8's are from those type of deathmatches.

Also the reason people play these is because they are low level people, who just got the game and don't know any better. It's basically the equivalent of attaching a $100 dollar bill to a string, putting it in front of a person then taking it away.

If you don't want to play them I recommend just downloading a bunch of run n gun maps, and hosting them yourself. Those are usually quite fun unless someone is hiding but the spawns on those maps usually takes care of it.

After I did this maps for a good few months, I decided to join other people's deathmatches that are like this to purposely get killed because of my outrageous k/d. I now have a 6.82 and still lowering it daily.

I also used to do these because you get 150RP per kill after a while, the RP cap is about 45 kills then you get 5000RP after its done...It takes only 10 minutes and it's great RP and cash. Basically like doing Blow Up II except instead of AI Cops you're killing online players.

Edited by xAxWilliams

paulmgrath

People still fall for missions like this? lol, good way to fool the masses, just like how R* fools us into thinking fake gta money is everything.

wat? Lol wonder what the exchange rate is