2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Host a Heist, no one joins.

nilz45

Anyone else have this problem? When someone creates a Heist it gets full immediately, so you gets put in que, so you try to Host one yourself, but no one joins? I tried to go forward with my heists yesterday, tried to start a job 5 times, only 1 joined.

CrisFormed

Strict nat maybe? I haven't seen anyone discuss port forwarding or anything like that yet. Might be the issue.

LordVenator

Same problem here. Before the 350.1 patch, still waiting for 350.2 to hit Steam, I could host a heist with another friend and we would get another 2 guys rather quickly, within a minute or so. However after the patch I have barely anyone joining. I've tried inviting people strictly from the same session but most of them ignore or reject invites. I've tried joining some of the official Rockstar crews such as IGN, G4TV with millions of people in them and using Invite Crew Members option but that didn't seem to do anything either.

@CrisFormed

I have opened the necessary ports on my router but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. Probably because my ISP doesn't allow us to have static IP addresses, thus rendering this useless. I have a Thomson-Alcatel TG782 router but there's no way of telling what kind of NAT it has, I wasn't able to find that piece of information anywhere when I was inside the router's domain. I did find a guide on how to make NAT open but that would mean making the router DMZ.

Nobody joins mine either. Why doesn't anyone like me?

Well obviously because I'm an asshole, but they have no way of knowing that before joining, especially since I haven't been playing this game for long...

Edited by Le Dude
  • Like 2

PCMasterRace46

People choose to play with their own cews and not some random noobs is why.

Yeah not really. Whenever I join someone else's heists it's either full or I'm the last one to join and it starts right away, only when I host nobody joins.

Ladies and Gentleman, let me introduce you the biggest cliché on this forum: The basic moron!

Congrats, to be an asshole.

However when i play a Heist mission, I see that most people playing Heists have no crew. In fact and for now, the majority of real new players on PC, have no crew (because they don't know the interest yet).

People with a crew, are either regulars regulars players of the Rockstar games or have already played to GTA V on console before.

• Like 2

I think it's a problem, maybe a bug, it seems that race missions, contact missions or similar jobs auto invites people from many available sessions, no problem there, but after this latest patch/update Heist missions only invites people from the current session you are playing at.

Same problem here. Before the 350.1 patch, still waiting for 350.2 to hit Steam, I could host a heist with another friend and we would get another 2 guys rather quickly, within a minute or so. However after the patch I have barely anyone joining. I've tried inviting people strictly from the same session but most of them ignore or reject invites. I've tried joining some of the official Rockstar crews such as IGN, G4TV with millions of people in them and using Invite Crew Members option but that didn't seem to do anything either.

@CrisFormed

I have opened the necessary ports on my router but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. Probably because my ISP doesn't allow us to have static IP addresses, thus rendering this useless. I have a Thomson-Alcatel TG782 router but there's no way of telling what kind of NAT it has, I wasn't able to find that piece of information anywhere when I was inside the router's domain. I did find a guide on how to make NAT open but that would mean making the router DMZ.

You don't need to have a static IP address assigned by your ISP to port forward. You need a static internal IP address (probably 192.168.1.x), which can be easily set up on your computer. You are forwarding the traffic on your internal network. The external IP address handed out by your ISP doesn't have anything to do with it.

Edit: I'm assuming you're talking about port forwarding when you say you opened the ports, due to your comment about static IPs.

Edited by Collekt

Nope i once hosted a heist too and in just 3 seconds later someone joined

LordVenator

@CrisFormed

You don't need to have a static IP address assigned by your ISP to port forward. You need a static internal IP address (probably 192.168.1.x), which can be easily set up on your computer. You are forwarding the traffic on your internal network. The external IP address handed out by your ISP doesn't have anything to do with it.

Edit: I'm assuming you're talking about port forwarding when you say you opened the ports, due to your comment about static IPs.

Are the port forwarding guides over at the portforward.com website good enough guides for this or are there better ones? Because I'll admit it could be due to my internet only being around 10-13mbit, so I am somewhat open to trying different solutions at my end and see what happens. And before someone asks, no, I cannot get a better internet connection/speed/model because I'm living in a 3rd world country and the average internet speed for the entire country is among the lowest in the world, around 4mbit. So I guess I'm not faring that bad with my cranked up 13mbit.

Edited by LordVenator