2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Will Time exclusive DLC from other platforms make its way to PC?

Dr. Snakeyes

Dr. Snakeyes

Bascially what the title asks. There have been several limited time dlc's (such as the Valentines Massacre Special) that were only available before the pc version of the game was released. I don't own any consoles, so I was not able to obtain any of this content when it was available. Does anybody know if this conent will eventually make its way to PC online without the use of mods?

Thank you

I read that the singleplayer DLC (its in preparation and it will surely come one day, maybe end of 2015) will be an Xbox One and maybe Xbox 360 timed exclusive.

Hope it will come to PC as well

Edited by FicZGB

Holiday stuff most likely will. I'm more interested whether or not they'll release the Returning Player DLC for cash or something...

who knows what plans rockstar has, they say that they have so many ideas for gta, they last for the next 100 years. so they probably have 50 ideas, one every two years....

topic:

i would say yes, because its already there and someone might buy a cashcard for it.

now that all platform are released, who really knows whats next?

timed exclusive for xbox?? i dont think so, thats alot of money microsoft would have to pay. rockstar is far beyond this.

Edited by iddqdvie

DentureDynamite
Basically what the title asks. There have been several limited time dlc's (such as the Valentines Massacre Special) that were only available before the pc version of the game was released. I don't own any consoles, so I was not able to obtain any of this content when it was available. Does anybody know if this content will eventually make its way to PC online without the use of mods?

I certainly hope so, because here's what's crazy: last October, I entered the world of GTA V by buying a run-of-the-mill copy of GTA V and a PS3, so I obviously missed all previously-released Valentine's Day, Fourth of July, etc. stuff. The only "special" item it came with was a code to activate the Atomic Blimp.

BUT, after installation, I discovered that my Story Mode character could buy the Gusenberg Sweeper, the Musket, and the Fireworks Launcher. But none of these were available to my Online character.

Go figure.

I contacted R* support about this (the fact that my Story Mode character had content that was denied to my Online character), and they gave a generic, nothing-we-can-do-about-it answer.

Now, having transferred my character to the PC, I got the Hatchet, the .50-cal Pistol, Bullpup Shotgun, the Hammer, and the Flare Gun.

IMO, they need to stop pretending that there are "exclusives" (because in the end, there really aren't--just a big inconsistent, confusing mess), and just give everyone on all platforms the opportunity to buy whatever DLC comes out.

Edited by DentureDynamite

LanOsb133

IMO, they need to pretending that there are "exclusives" (because in the end, they aren't), and just give everyone on all platforms the opportunity to buy whatever DLC comes out.

But they are exclusives, if you didnt or were not able to buy the DLC weapons/Clothing in time than you missed out. Its that simple. THe bullpup/50cal pistol/hammer/hatchet/flaregun are form the Xbox 360/PS3 Limited Edition/Hiests update. These LE weapons were added to ALL PC Players, its not a DLC weapon like the Tommy gun or the musket.

Edited by LanOsb133

DentureDynamite
But they are exclusives, if you didnt or were not able to buy the DLC weapons/Clothing in time than you missed out. Its that simple.

Not really.

Some items are still exclusive, yes (Gusenberg Sweeper and Musket), but some are only temporarily exclusive (e.g. I didn't buy the so-called-by-R* "exclusive" Collector's Edition, but I now own their weapons).

I suspect the inconsistencies may be explained by some fine print somewhere that few (if any) of us have read--to the effect that R* can change at any time who-gets-what content even when it's deemed "exclusive". As another example, it looked like R* wouldn't re-release the Fourth of July-only Fireworks launcher, but they did during the Festive Surprise (at Christmas no less...).

So the fact remains that access to DLC content is still inconsistent and confusing.

Edited by DentureDynamite

LanOsb133

But they are exclusives, if you didnt or were not able to buy the DLC weapons/Clothing in time than you missed out. Its that simple.

Not really.

Some items are still exclusive, yes (Gusenberg Sweeper and Musket), but some are only temporarily exclusive (e.g. I didn't buy the so-called-by-R* "exclusive" Collector's Edition, but I now own their weapons).

I suspect the inconsistencies may be explained by some fine print somewhere that few (if any) of us have read--to the effect that R* can change at any time who-gets-what content even when it's deemed "exclusive". As another example, it looked like R* wouldn't re-release the Fourth of July-only Fireworks launcher, but they did during the Festive Surprise (at Christmas no less...).

So the fact remains that access to DLC content is still inconsistent and confusing.

Its not confusing at all... Collector Edition was released for ALL PC players for free. (Or so I suspect. Maybe its just for returning players.) All others are Time exclusive... Its that simple... You are trying to make something that isnt complicatef into something that is. The only thing that doesnt make sense is why my firework launcher up and vanished and I cant get it back. Other than that all the DLC (Time exlusive) wont be avaliable unless its that time of the year.

I think it may come back, probably the only reason why Valentine's Day content wasn't unlocked this year is because they were busy focusing on heists, but then again they would have only had to change a boolean.

You can find the Roosevelt in the Movie Studio and the Liberator next to the Rebel Radio Station I think(Single Player)

F8i4bRU.png