4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Posting A Guide And Need Some Guidance

Ezekeil2Ofive17

Go to solution Solved by WildBrick142,

Ezekeil2Ofive17

I'm in the process of posting a guide to every heist, while there are many perfectly good guides already here I have not found one that uses all the methods I do or with pics, gif and videos that I will be using ( still gathering footage if any one is on xb1 and wants to help)

There are a few questions I have first

How do I post links that move viewers further down the same page, like a wiki?

How do I embed videos from youtube?

How many pics and or gifs can I post per spoiler? I doubt there will be more than 2 gifs but there could be 4 - 8 pics including a title pic for each heist outside the spoilers

What is the best size for pics and gifs?

What is the maximum pic size I can post? I plan on putting a large png together with a map on one side and screen shots on the other

How could I post a title that could be easily googled? so for example if it was called " simple heist guide " some one could google gtaf simple heist guide a be brought to it

I plan on having each heist as well as a tips section in its own reply so there would be six "double" posts is that ok?

to give you an idea what I am aiming for here is the wet work section, this would be in a replie with 5 or 6 other spoilers for each set up and heist

Hs Wet Work

Again this splits the team in to 2
City Hall Team
Take a kuruma and drive to the location, leaving the kuruma parked near the base of the ladder climb up and head to the marker
Two targets will drive up and get out, one carrying a case one without. Shoot the man with the case almost immediately, this is important for 2 reasons it makes the case easier to collect and causes the driver to panic and speed off knocking the second target down
cityhall_zpsnqzkosie.gif
Once both targets are dead head back to your kuruma ( you can fall instead of getting back down the ladder ) and drive round the block to approach the case from the opposite side
Once the case is on the drivers side, drive up to it, get out and grab it then get back in while the passenger provides cover from inside the car. This is far simpler than having the passenger grab it and still provides cover between you and the cops. Don't get drawn into a fight put your foot down, lose the cops and you're done
cityhall2_zps93pdce8q.gif

Mansion Team
Have one man wait outside in a car while one climbs the wall and heads round the right side of the house taking out guards as you go and staying quiet, once you reach the garden turn around and shoot the target
If you are spotted the target will run out in one of two ways, either literally running right past the man on the inside or torwards his driveway, if its the driveway have the outside man drive round and kill him, leave the area and you're done
map
mansion1_zpsuofi3a63.png
target location
79f7b2da-d59f-44b6-a81f-f7641d54d22f_zps

I would also like any other thoughts or tips

Cheers

Zeke

Edited by Ezekeil2Ofive17

• Solution
WildBrick142

It isn't possible, unfortunately. On the old forum you could used "anchor" tags but after the forum updated after V's release the tags no longer work.

Just post a direct link to the video.

How many pics and or gifs can I post per spoiler? I doubt there will be more than 2 gifs but there could be 4 - 8 pics including a title pic for each heist outside the spoilers

Maximum of 15 images per post regardless of file type or spoiler tags.

Anything will do but you must remember that some people might not have a fast internet which would cause problems with loading the page.

What is the maximum pic size I can post? I plan on putting a large png together with a map on one side and screen shots on the other

In resolution it can be anything. Forum automatically resizes it once it's out of the limit. In file size it also can be anything but don't go too overboard. No need for ultra-HD pics if a lot smaller version shows the same amout of detail.

How could I post a title that could be easily googled? so for example if it was called " simple heist guide " some one could google gtaf simple heist guide a be brought to it

At first Google might not find the topic unless you put in the exact keywords. Once the topic gets some views and replies it might be easier to search for.

I plan on having each heist as well as a tips section in its own reply so there would be six "double" posts is that ok?

Yes.

Note that if you want to all posts next to each other you would need another person to make temporary posts in between (they'll be removed once it's done). The forum has auto-merge feature which merges double posts if they were posted within a short period of time so another person is needed to avoid this.

Edited by WildBrick142
  • Like 1

I don't think you can, this forum doesn't support HTML code in replies.

Just paste the link to the video and nothing else. Maximum 2 per post I believe?

I doubt there is a limit per spoiler, there might be one per post but I'm not sure about that. Just don't go overboard with the .gifs, they can take forever to load if they're big and having the whole screen moving can be annoying.

Again, just don't go overboard, especially .gifs can get very massive very quick. Try cropping as much as you can. You can just link to them as well or create smaller thumbnails.

If it's huge just link to it is my suggestion. Alternatively, post a smaller version that links to the big version if it's huge.

Think of a good title. :p

The mods will have to answer this one.

Edited by Andreaz1
  • Like 1

Ezekeil2Ofive17

Thanks guys some great answers there

Cheers