2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

What are the best jobs online to play alone?

MPowell

not really, but most race missions can be done solo etc but they dont pay out very good really.

Geralds' missions. I always do them by myself.

Shadowfennekin

Gerald's and Simeon's(Except for GTA Today, you need more than one to complete that on time) are easily doable alone. Same with Lamar's.

I like doing Simeon' Blow up 3. Its really fun when you steal a Lazer from the military base and blow up the cars that way. I get about 4,000 RP and $15-$18k and I'm not using any of my own ammo. For -10 minutes of work, its not a bad way to build up some cash.

Edited by nerwin
  • Like 1

SausageTaste

Survival alone. If you know some perfect point to hide in, can beat it easily.

• 2 weeks later...

Deal breaker is great done alone and for top payout I snipe from the top of the adjacent gas storage tanks and also wait for the bs I up SUV to come in after picking up the coke so there is no chasers after they are done with.

death Metalis also a good one for loners but try going round the scrapyard and over the rooftops from the large building behind the yard. You can drop ingot heard unseen and find a way up onto the tin roofs via one of the laddered red gas tanks for a quick massacre from above.

Methed is good alone but take out all the Billy's before nicking the RV,..and keep your interaction screen open to pop snacks as you drive that 2 mile an hour RV to the pick up as you'll be peppered from behind and have no mates covering you.

All of the Buzzard missions can be done solo, if you do them in Free Aim with a 25% bonus, here's a few of them

Mixed Up with Coke

Trash Talk

CCIII

Extradition

Judging the Jury

Cops capacity

High Priority Case

Majority of contact missions can be done alone. As for how efficient these missions are ? Well, that all depends on your level and your equipment. As mentioned, Gerald, Lamar and Simeon missions are easy and farmable. Some of Trevor's missions are easy too. Just take your time, do not rush them, but do not drag them out either, just go at a nice pace and the money will flow in. Now if you got a Buzzard and or a Kuruma, all missions are extremely easy.

If you rush them, the pay is crap. If you drag them out too long, you could have done two other missions at a fast pace and have earned more money. Find the balance that works best for you.

I personally like Gerald missions, they are typically close to home, pay decent and allows you to work up some of your skills. I often take the time to snag a gang car and stash it in my garage to sell after the mission. I also maxed out my strength skill beating people up before turning in the objective.

Personally I used to do A Titan of a Job when none of my friends were online. Once you memorize the enemy pattern, it's a breeze and you can blow through the mission relatively quick.

FrugalDangerMan

"What are the best jobs online to play alone?"

Whatever jobs you like to play alone. Most can be solo'd and it can be fun to figure out how to solo the harder ones designed to have multiple players. I like soloing Denial of Service, Supply and Demand, Mixed up with Coke, Trash Talk, The Los Santos Connection, Stocks and Scares, and Judging the Jury. I'm sure Rooftop Rumble would have been in that list as well had I not been made sick of it during the "Great RR Grind" of 2014.

Edited by PNutterSammich

UnholyLegionMC

Do you have a buzzard or savage or hydra? If so I play extradition alone often very easy once you get it down.

• 2 weeks later...
markyhitch

What's a Kuruma?

By the way, I live in Paleto Bay so often begin the day by soloing Diamonds Are For Trevor.

I get my tank out, blast the f*ck out of everything. And always call Merryweather for helicopter support (if you can afford it).

Every 1+ player Contact Mission is technically doable alone.

If your looking for easier 1 player missions try any Simeon or Gerald missions. I recommend A Titan of a Job (Lester, Rank 24, 1-6 Players)

Plethorius

Titan, Denial of Service, Cathouse, Extradition, Blow Up, most Gerald / Simeon missions, any of Trevor's "go steal x vehicle from x people" crap, the one where you blow up cement trucks that I forget the name of... A Buzzard is very useful for a lot of solo missions. I'll do pretty much anything that allows for solo if I'm in the mood. I do tend to avoid doing missions like Los Santos Connection (hacking / safe cracking / etc that involves being defenseless while enemies spawn), and I have a certain aversion to solo tanker hijacking missions but I don't remember why.

Edit: Something I do on the Blow Up missions to save myself some cost on explosives is take the time to get in each vehicle and put them all together in a rough grid, plant one explosive in the middle and let them all blow each other up. But maybe you already know that and I'm just slow on the uptake... lol

Edited by Plethorius
  • Like 2

Solid Bloke

What's a Kuruma?

By the way, I live in Paleto Bay so often begin the day by soloing Diamonds Are For Trevor.

I get my tank out, blast the f*ck out of everything. And always call Merryweather for helicopter support (if you can afford it).

"Editor and Thief" from Madrazo (rank 45) is one of the most "farmable" missions in the game. All you have to do is fire a single bullet, evade a 2-star wanted level and then wait until you pass the 4-minute mark to get the optimal payout ($10350 and about 2.4k RP on "hard").

The guy you are supposed to kill drives a red Voltic but doesn't flee until you open fire or ram him, which means that you can just drive behind him until he gets to a red traffic light (there are usually plenty along his path) and then shoot his head through his car's rear window with a pistol, making him drop his suitcase on the street for you to pick up. Then, take said suitcase to Madrazo's residence while evading the police, which should take you (including everything else up until this point of course) 2-3 minutes if you do it right, although waiting in front of his house until the 4-minute mark is passed is the most efficient thing to do in terms of cash and RP per minute: Each of the first four minutes increases your payout linearly while the bonuses after that get incrementally lower (since you need about 1 minute to restart the mission, ending it earlier means more time wasted on loading stuff and less cash/RP in total).

By the way, the mission always puts you in the same location at its beginning, no matter where you were when you started it.

Aside from grinding missions solo for rewards, almost every single mission that can be started with only one player (about 90%, based on my personal experience) can also be completed solo on "hard" difficulty, although a select few get much more manageable (or just even possible for two or three particular ones) with a Buzzard at your disposal.

Edited by rng_guy

As per above, Editor and Thief is incredibly easy to farm. Lost RIP is easy and fun if you head to the apartment complex opposite the cemetery and snipe the Lost at range.

• Like 2

Butterfly57

There are many. Pretty much any Simeon mission and most Gerald missions are fine. Basically any mission that has 1 to however many players is possible.

Some are easier than others though, but all possible.

I mission solo a lot (and some missions I refuse to do any other way). I do have a buzzard and a tank though, which can help. But most of the missions I run solo I can do on foot too, I just prefer the vehicles to get through them in a reasonable time and save ammo costs!

Postshot. Take the two guys out by the bridge, block the bridge with your car. Wait for the van to cross the bridge, take out the driver, take the van to Trevor making sure to finish at just over 4 minutes. Profit.

There's a playlist on PS3. I'll farm this if I need cash.

Dragon_Of_Tragedy

the los santos connection and time to get away

Edited by jerryinohio78

• 2 months later...

Blowup w buzzard then after blowing up cars fly somewhere mess around for awhile - about $18 k on hard.

Blowup 2 - set sticky bombs, go to subway tunnel near 57 alta street, explode bombs, wait in tunnel until cops gone, then collect payout.

Titan of a job - using zen makes easy. Do on hard, about 20 k payout but takes longer than others.

If bored ride subway train (death train) killing and robbing along way. Have killed other players but y can be attacked at alta street station easily. There is somewhat of a bulkhead in middle of train which may help against RPG attack. I do this when cheap bounty on me. If things not look good just do a parachute job to a favorite remote location off playlist.

Fun to gun them passing by and had some kills of players trying to board. Clubbed and shot female player trying board and kill me w dirty Sally (or something like that) as handle and sweater that said witch and some guy put $9k bounty on me I survived to collect.

Edited by derek0514

silverharbinger

Violent Duct, Gassed Up, Death Metal, Editor and Thief, Out of Court Settlement, and Lost MC RIP all stick out to me. They are crazy easy to do with or without any military type vehicles.

DaGooseInDaHoose

Some good ones:

- blow up 3 (pays pretty well, plus you really only have to kill four guys and evade another car of them.)

- check out time (pays well on hard, fairly easy if you have a sticky bomb)

- violent duct (really straight forward)

- no hay bronca (a bit longer mission, but decent pay and is fun to do)

- I find most of martins missions are pretty good ones to do

Felon Forever

When I play missions solo I mostly choose those that can be done in

a) 4 minutes (no less, have a clock around)

b) don't have high costs in ammo and armor.

Those missions are:

Gerald: Deal Breaker, Death Metal, Dish the Dirt, Flood in the LS River, Gassed Up, Meth'd Up, Pier Pressure, Violent Duct, War and Pieces

Lamar: Ballas to the Wall, Lost MC RIP
Lester: High Priority Case (use Buzzard)

Martin: Artifical Scarcity (use Savage), Check Out Time, Cleaning the Cat House (use Buzzard), Editor and Thief, Mixed up with Coke (use Savage), Out of Court Settlement, Rooftop Rumble, Trash Talk (use Savage)

Simeon: All in the Game, Blow Up I / II / III (use jerry can), Chasers I / II, El Burro Heists, Rockford Roll, Where Credit is Due
Ron: Crank Up the Volume, Romance isn't Dead, Turbine Carbine

Most of these pay 9k+ if you complete them in no less than 4 minutes (on hard). Some pay 10k+ or even 11k+. If you need about 5 minutes to complete a mission you might as well wait for the timer to reach 6 minutes for a payout increase (20% more than completion in 4 minutes).

Edited by Superfrogger
  • Like 2

If I grind missions online I do 'Blow Up'.

Grab any car or bike, go towards the subject, park the cars TOGETHER, throw a grenade and run away so you don't commit suicide.

If you did right, all the cars exploded by 1 grenade. Go to the checkpoint but DO NOT turn it in yet. Wait for another 10 minutes. Meanwhile you can watch a movie or anything you want.

• Like 1

When I need to get money I farm RR using a Rhino, it takes zero skill so I don't have to pay any attention, there is a very slight chance of getting killed (only once because they somehow shot through my tank and killed me). Only costs me $200 and can be done in 6 minutes, which is about the sweet spot I find.

It isn't the most effective time wise, as it takes almost two minutes to reset and get back in, and there are faster ways of making money, but I'm lazy.

The amusing point, is when my cousin 'helps' it takes about 8 minutes, because he is a bad driver, and doesn't do the tank section quickly either.

coasting,all blow up missoions,ccr3(there are playlists of it),coveted,etc I generally don't go back to free mode I keep going from the job screen