2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Is the unarmed Insurgent better than the Rhino tank in freemode?

Giantsgiants

Giantsgiants

In public sessions, it seems like the unarmed Insurgent is used as a trolling vehicle just as much as its turreted brother. I find the Insurgent to be more durable against explosives and more agile than the tank. However, the tank is more protected against bullets, and it has that cannon that's easy to aim and kill people in one hit.

Which vehicle between the two do you think is better for freemode? Discuss.

Since the tank armour has been weakened substantially, the Insurgent can survive more explosives than the tank.

Although the tank does have a cannon, the effective range is dwarfed by every other missile launching weapon in the game.

The tank can only hold 1 while the Insurgent can hold 6 or 9 depending on the model

The insurgent does not have bulletproof windows however, therefore making you still prone to gunfire (you cannot be shot out of a tank)

Edited by Winning001

ExplosiveEnergy386

Back in the day before the Tank was serverly nerfed I would've said the Tank hands down. Now I think the Insurgent is better for freemode. The insurgent can handle getting hit by more explosives than the tank can now.

fakebasedjo

Well when was the last time you ran into a Rhino troll?

• Like 2

ArmorKingHunter

That insurgent can take a helluva lot of lazer fire.. the rhino cant.

crack1king

Back in the day before the Tank was serverly nerfed I would've said the Tank hands down. Now I think the Insurgent is better for freemode. The insurgent can handle getting hit by more explosives than the tank can now.

the good old days. People cried so hard bout it. Next is the jet
  • Like 1

iKarimster

-Wrong topic, Deleted-

Edited by iKarimster

Misanthrope Z

let's put it this way

all it takes for the insurgent to destroy a tank is it being hidden off the radar and 4 stickybombs on it's grille

60 seconds is nowhere near enough time for the rhino tank to even do sh*t.

however, 60 seconds is somewhat of a decent window for the insurgent.

• Like 2

livejoker

The Insurgent is actually pretty easy to avoid if you're in an auto-aim lobby. I'm able to shoot the driver a few times which is more times than the tank. Just climb a ladder and you're safe from the Insurgent. The tank? Good f*cking luck. It fires quick and you can't keep putting armor if you get shot by it (unless the Insurgent passengers are throwing stickies but they usually go for the AP pistol as far as I've seen). I remember when reverse-driving supercars with shielded backs were an issue. Now? Just blow them up as they're super easy compared to the armored vehicles that roam the lobbies now.

If I was to troll (which I don't really do), I'd go with the Insurgent. I feel safer with a few friends in it and speed definitely helps. The tank is slow and just a bigger target.

Edited by livejoker

Shadowfennekin

Rhino is slow as hell and has little armor. Get a 5 star wanted level and it's toast from being rammed by exploding cop cars.

Insurgent can easily outrun it

You can actually 1v1 tanks with an Insurgent. Tanks are soooo 2014.

CarimboHanky

im sure this would answer your question OP...

not my video...

Edited by CarimboHanky

I dunno I usually take out tanks in any old random street car with stickies on it's grill. It means killing yourself. But an insurgent can do that plus take a couple tanks rounds and still keep on trucking.

It's really about time the tank was put back to being able to take some heat and fix the cargo bob ffs.

Fail_At_GTA

If you're good with a tank you're pretty much unstoppable bar jets. However the Insurgent can tank many more rockets (lol pathetic tank armour) and is faster, but you can get shot out of it extremely easily.

I have both of them but I prefer the Insurgent because I hate being a slow moving target I a jet infested game. The tank dies in a single fly by, while the Insurgent usually takes me 2 fly bys to destroy.

Sky_Light12

in case aganist tank shells ( far powerful than RPG and no way player would able to survive , even RPG's damage is more than enough to suicide )

2 shots for both insurgents and oddly , insurgent is barely lifted off-ground by cargobob ( even though cargobob capable lifting a tank with a little difficulty )

i've tested it on content creator

RichNuggetBmw

the insurgent is way more annoying especially when every seat is filled up with griefers.

BatFerYou

-Wrong topic, Deleted-

Yes. I agree.

the insurgent is way more annoying especially when every seat is filled up with griefers.

I can manage to upset absolutely EVERYONE by myself in mine with sticky bombs and mines.

And it's Chrome.

-3000 XP

-Griefer Badge Award level 69

HeavyDuke

Insurgent is a hell of a lot better IMO. Tank is made out of paper these days.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

MRM95Jb.png

Nutduster

The Insurgent is more durable, but you can only roll around trolling people because most players are idiots. They'll try to blow it up over and over rather than just locking on and finishing you off with a stream of AR bullets, which works like 90% of the time except from a few specific angles. And if they're in a car, they'll try to sticky bomb you rather than getting a little separation, then getting out and readying the aforementioned AR.

I would still take a tank. The crying about how it was nerfed is so overdone, and it makes me wonder if the people crying the loudest are the same group of idiots who try to blow up Insurgents. The tank is still devastating with that cannon, and takes enough punishment that you can survive for a while as long as you're smart (i.e. keep moving at all times, and don't go straight at anybody on foot). If you add in the off-radar ability, or are smart enough to use your tank with a bounty on your head (which hides the tank icon), then you should be able to go on serious rampages... as long as you don't run over a bunch of cars, or get so many stars that the cops suicide-bomb you.

Also, head-to-head? Tank wins big time. The Insurgent will tip and be battered around by tank blasts - you get hit once and that tank is in command of what happens to you the rest of the way.

Edited by Nutduster

Since the tank armour has been weakened substantially, the Insurgent can survive more explosives than the tank.

Although the tank does have a cannon, the effective range is dwarfed by every other missile launching weapon in the game.

The tank can only hold 1 while the Insurgent can hold 6 or 9 depending on the model

The insurgent does not have bulletproof windows however, therefore making you still prone to gunfire (you cannot be shot out of a tank)

i am not sure how things are with the latest patches but the last time i checked, it was possible. i think it still is. It takes a heavy sniper and alot of fails, but in the end you will succeed.

-Wrong topic, Deleted-

Yes. I agree.

I can manage to upset absolutely EVERYONE by myself in mine with sticky bombs and mines.

And it's Chrome.

-3000 XP

-Griefer Badge Award level 69

Man, for some reason, I am horrible at throwing stickies from a moving vehicle... But shooting while driving? I am a master at that. Weird. Edited by Fennimoe

Chamber53DV

In public sessions, it seems like the unarmed Insurgent is used as a trolling vehicle just as much as its turreted brother. I find the Insurgent to be more durable against explosives and more agile than the tank. However, the tank is more protected against bullets, and it has that cannon that's easy to aim and kill people in one hit.

I'll take the Insurgent, too easy to take out a tank while in one, and love bringing them back to the gunfight on foot.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Lol, why?

HeavyDuke

I'll take the Insurgent, too easy to take out a tank while in one, and love bringing them back to the gunfight on foot.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Lol, why?

Why what? Its made out of paper because you're safer on foot then in a tank these days.

The four Insurgents... well thats because i have them in all collor matching collors of the Pegasus pickup Insurgent 'even matching rim collors' 100% armour 'takes over 10-12 rpg's to blow them up'

It was either a Insurgent collection or another mess like my other garage which keeps freaking out everytime i get in.

0_0.jpg

Mostly because of my Trash Truck going Super Saiyan

0_0.jpg

Or hiding behind the glass in the workshop of the garage in the back.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Along with my Barracks.

0_0.jpg

Edited by HeavyDuke

MRM95Jb.png

MatCampbell

Has the insurgent been nerfed in the latest patch?

It's only taking me 2 rpg rounds to destroy it in story mode. I can't check if it's the same online as i'm banned until the 16th

The tank should have armor piercing rounds for taking out the Insurgents in one shot.

I say this as a Insurgent fan. The armored car may handle the HE damage splashed against the surface, but how well would it handle a jet stream of molten copper or a round of depleted uranium?

HeavyDuke

The tank should have armor piercing rounds for taking out the Insurgents in one shot.

I say this as a Insurgent fan. The armored car may handle the Heavy External damage splashed against the surface, but how well would it handle a jet stream of molten copper or a round of depleted uranium?

It would take it like a pro. The melting point of copper is pretty low compared to anything on the Insurgent. If it would cool down, it would add some weight though if it sticks on it.

Depleted Uranium rounds... well depends on the size of the round, and if its shot at the windows.

Nobody knows for sure though until some rich ass buys an IRL Terradyne Gurkha and tries this crazy stuff.

For some more info on the vehicle the Insurgent is based of:

http://www.terradyneinc.com/index.html

MRM95Jb.png

Nutduster

Maybe from a realism standpoint (actually I have no opinion or knowledge about that), but from a gameplay standpoint it doesn't matter. Tank vs. Insurgent, the tank wins every time - it just takes a few shots. Luckily the first one will knock the Insurgent on its side and make it easy pickings.

nosmoking000

What type of topic is this?

The question should be "Getting a few kills Rambo style before getting blown up Vs. Staying alive longer and running people over like a pancake."

CarimboHanky

i am not sure how things are with the latest patches but the last time i checked, it was possible. i think it still is. It takes a heavy sniper and alot of fails, but in the end you will succeed.

i dont know what you have been playing but tank sniping have been patched for well over a year now.

• Like 1

ExplosiveEnergy386

i dont know what you have been playing but tank sniping have been patched for well over a year now.. Yeah that was patched in like Nov/Dec 2013