2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Savage's Armor?

The Byzantine Empire

The Byzantine Empire

Why the Savage is very weak armored? It is based on the Soviet Mi Hind helicopter which has fearsome reputation as a "flying tank".

Rockstar should make some facts real, I hate their f*cking aircraft politics in their games. Lets see Rockstar aviation logic in their games:

Lets make all "drivable" helicopters inaccessible for the player in GTA Chinatown Wars.

Lets make Andromada inaccessible in GTA San Andreas.

Lets hide Maverick in GTA LCS, so the player have to glitch the game to get it.

Lets don't put Boeing 737, just use this plane in cutscenes. Also cut the Antonov from GTA V freeroam.

Seriously Rockstar aviation team, what the f*ck have you been doing for years? They ruin GTA which have big reputation as an "ultimate freedom" game.

Geisterfaust

They did it to balance things somehow, because Savage is basically an ultimate destruction weapon: easily accessible, massively armed and easy to control.

But I agree, they should add more armour to this thing.

• Like 5

K.Walters

And none of the Heist vehicles are in SP...

• Like 1

CrysisAverted

I"m with you op

you got this injustice meanwhile this motherf*cker can do this

pQOW874.gif

For GTA LCS, Rockstar doesn't want you to see the unfinished building roofs which usually are just a very low texture or even hole. They're using the same (slightly modified) LC from GTA3.

_Pythonomorpha_

Annihilator was also in the files of LCS, I remember downloading a gamesave with it for the PSP.

HirsuteDave

I'm all for it getting a bit more protection.

I was playing Defender earlier and nearly got shot down just by assault rifle fire from one of the enemy helis (I targeted a second one with my missile spam and it got a bit close) - undamaged to black smoke in less than five seconds.

HeavyDuke

Why the Savage is very weak armored? It is based on the Soviet Mi Hind helicopter which has fearsome reputation as a "flying tank".

Rockstar should make some facts real, I hate their f*cking aircraft politics in their games. Lets see Rockstar aviation logic in their games:

Lets make all "drivable" helicopters inaccessible for the player in GTA Chinatown Wars.

Lets make Andromada inaccessible in GTA San Andreas.

Lets hide Maverick in GTA LCS, so the player have to glitch the game to get it.

Lets don't put Boeing 737, just use this plane in cutscenes. Also cut the Antonov from GTA V freeroam.

Seriously Rockstar aviation team, what the f*ck have you been doing for years? They ruin GTA which have big reputation as an "ultimate freedom" game.

True stuff right there. Its just ridiculous how R* screws it up every time.

• Like 1

MRM95Jb.png

BatFerYou

Concur. The amount of abuse cars can withstand in contrast with miltary vehicles is absurd. But team "nerf everything waa waa" saw to that.

No wonder we all resort to explosive warfare.

Edited by BatFerYou
  • Like 7

UltimateAntic

Actually the reason why helicopter arent in chinatown wars is because its a top down game. There is hardly depth

ExtremeTorque

They should upgrade its armor to 2-3 homing missiles.Its such a nice chopper but feels like paper tissue,its a pity.

• Like 2

Edit: See, that is what happens when I post while intoxicated.

Igonre previous post.

Edited by Mach1bud
  • Like 1

The Byzantine Empire

For GTA LCS, Rockstar doesn't want you to see the unfinished building roofs which usually are just a very low texture or even hole. They're using the same (slightly modified) LC from GTA3.

So? They can't protect their helicopters from glitchs. I can steal a Maverick easily and everybody can see unfinished roofs and low textures. There are a few ways to get a helicopter in LCS without cheats or spawn editor. "A Few" ways are extremely enough for kidding.

This must be a joke lol

So? They can't protect their helicopters from glitchs. I can steal a Maverick easily and everybody can see unfinished roofs and low textures. There are a few ways to get a helicopter in LCS without cheats or spawn editor. "A Few" ways are extremely enough for kidding.

This must be a joke lol

Yeah, you aren't supposed to glitch. Just because it is possible doesn't mean you are supposed to do it. Even if it is easy.

The roofs are unfinished. Rockstar disallows helicopter flying. It is not hard to understand.

Edited by Mach1bud
  • Like 5

The Byzantine Empire

Seriously?

They call it a flying tank because of its firepower, not its armor.

I promise, if you unload a clip into a Hind's engine, that bad boy is going down.

It's done like that in game for balance. It's fine the way it is. You want the best firepower in the game? You get no armor. Same reason the tank was nerfed.

They call it "flying tank" due to its armor. It is one of heaviest armored attack helicopters in the world. It has sturdy armor plates which is capable to stand against radiation and enough enemy fire.

Look at Cobra and compare it with a Hind.

The Hind is definetly a "flying tank" .

This must be a joke lol

Yeah, you aren't supposed to glitch. Just because it is possible doesn't mean you are supposed to do it. Even if it is easy.

The roofs are unfinished. Rockstar disallows helicopter flying. It is not hard to understand.

Suppose? lol

Without cheats

Without editor or another device

Just console and orginal game

A few glitchs to get it. 3 or 4? I can't remember :D

It doesn't matter how you do it. You are not supposed to glitch. It is not intended by the developers for you to aquire thr chopper.

The Lone Wanderer

the savage needs a serious buff imo

gunner controlled amiable cannon

same bullet resistance as the kuruma

survive one rocket( but start to smoke and lose control)

not randomly flip over after touching anything

atm I prefer the buzzard even though I own it

• Like 7

StealthFerret

I'm really not too bothered about the armour all that much to be honest. My one issue with it is the tail strength... That tail will fall off at the slightest touch making precision flying and close combat fighting a real pain in the ass. I fly in "nose cam" (PS3) for all of the aircraft, but the savage is such a long vehicle behind the camera it makes it easy to accidentally clip the tail off trees etc. They seriously need to buff the tail strength and give it a little more resistance, the slightest tap can result in disaster...

Shadowfennekin

It needs a buff. Like can stand TWO Missiles. Geez, do I have to take the long way just to get it to a target vehicle, Lester target, or smuggler aircraft?

People shoot down ANYTHING once it's near them.

And on tonight's Jeopardy Episode:

"Savage's Armor"

What is a jockstrap?

Back on topic, I agree OP; R* really messes up as to what they exclude and as to what they nerf. Why couldnt they just give the valkryie and savage their armor? It's expensive, you have to do the heists to unlock them. 2 major weaknesses: RPG's and Homings. Because RPG's can't lock on, they should be able to destroy Savages and Valkyries in 2-3 hits. With homing rocket launchers, maybe 3-5 hits. And why did they nerf the homing launcher? They shouldve just got rid of its ability to lock-on to cars and bikes. That wouldve made it reasonable.

• Like 2

singemfrc

The Savage has armor? Coulda fooled me.

• Like 3

The helicopter is powered by two Isotov TV3-117VMA turboshaft engines, developing 2,200shp each. The air intakes are fitted with deflectors and separators..

You unload a magazine into a real mi-24, and it screams at you in russian - "MORE MORE! There like vitamins to us!"

The Savage should be like a flying insurgent.

The Mi-24 fuselage is heavily armored and can resist impacts from 12.7 mm (0.50 Cal) rounds from all angles. The titanium rotor blades are also resistant to 12.7 mm rounds. The cockpit is protected by ballistic-resistant windscreens and a titanium-armored tub.

This is what should happen to the savage when it gets hit with the homing launcher

Edited by Dan30Cal
  • Like 7

Doesnt really matter. We don't have a Hind, we have a Savage. No matter how much ya'll want it to be a Hind, it is not.

It is GTA, and in Los Santos the Savage has weak armor.

• Like 2

The Byzantine Empire

It doesn't matter how you do it. You are not supposed to glitch. It is not intended by the developers for you to aquire thr chopper.

Still suppose bullsh*t excuse? I can do what I want with x,o,-> buttons when I play this game. If the R* doesn't want us to get in a helicopter, they supposed to protect their helicopters in missions with codes. There is no code or defence so I simply use my joystick and I got in that helicopter. I make my own research in the game thanks to my brain, eyes and joystick tilt which is help me to move Toni. I find a way.

Sorry Mr.Lawyer but pls don't hit the fire button and don't kill people in games because it is against the law.

They cannot code in protection against every single glitch.

I think their may be a language barrier here.

You do not seem to know what it means to play the game as it was intended.

EvilFiend

So this is just a bitch and moan thread....

good job

The Byzantine Empire

They cannot code in protection against every single glitch.

I think their may be a language barrier here.

You do not seem to know what it means to play the game as it was intended.

Sorry but you seem to have too many formulaic rules. Research it, those were serious flaws, not basic glitch, not even a glitch.

Language barrier doesn't work in games, especially in GTA, especially when you don't use editor or other cheat, just playing normal gameplay.

*facepalm* Nevermind.

• Like 1

GrandMaster Smith

The Savage is basically a 2 million dollar death trap.

In a world free of homing missiles it'd be really nice but with all the aimbot rockets in free roam and a helicopter that cannot dodge a missile for it's life you're guaranteed to die within a minute of taking off.

It should be able to at least take 2 rockets before exploding, either buff the savage or nerf that pos homing missile.

Edited by GrandMaster Smith