2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Are you satisfied with the current state/heading of GTA?

lastmanonearth

Are you satisfied with the current state of GTA?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied with the current state of GTA?

• Yes, I`m satisfied with the direction the series is going in.
    • No, I am dissatisfied with the direction the series is going in.
    • Unsure/confused

lastmanonearth

If you are satisfied, list the reasons why you are, likewise, list the reasons if/why you`re not satisfied. You may point out both the reasons you are and why you aren`t (satisfied) as well.

PROS:

I am satisfied that the game is looking more and more like real life.

CONS:

I am dissatisfied with the limitation of freedom during missions and SP free roam compared to the past titles.

I am dissatisfied with the radio stations being too long but only containing a maximum of one decent song each, unlike VC which came before and had all god songs IMO.

I am dissatisfied with how the series seems to be getting more online-centric in general and am concerned about the future of the SP experience.

VERDICT: I am UNSATISFIED with the state of GTA and concerned about the direction the series is taking. I hope that Rockstar will go back to the formula that made the series popular in the first place, like having the freedom to play the missions out any way you want as long as it gets the job done, like how in SA you can beat the "Follow the damn train!" mission by either assassinating the train driver or by landing on the roof of the train or by tailing it on the bike. Perhaps Rockstar only INTENDED you to play it out one of those ways and not the others, but they didn`t go through extra trouble of RESTRICTING it so you could ONLY do it a certain way, like they did for every mission in V and almost every mission in IV. So, DISSATISFIED. This must be Soviet Russia, I`m not playing the game, the game plays me!

Algonquin Assassin

I'm sort of in the middle. I'm satisfied with how the game worlds look and feel more down to earth rather than being cartoony, but I'm not satisfied with the focus towards online which I feel should be a secondary component.

I guess I'll vote for the third option because in ways I am satisfied with how the series has been going (More to do with GTA IV/EFLC), but on the other hand there are things I'm not overly satisfied with.

• Like 6

GTA IV Signature V4 by Lettermaniac on DeviantArt

PhillBellic

I'm unsure about how the series is going. Some will say that it is improving, others say it's getting worse.

• Like 2

Lethal Vaccine

Like me...It's getting worse. Every single Patch proves that Rockstar doesn't know what they are doing by introducing so many new problems and even with a Patch, sometimes it doesn't even fix problems, it just adds them in.

I don't need the next guy to tell me coding is hard and tedious. If that's the case, don't do it. Not everyone can be a doctor, not everyone has the proper skills to code and the eyes to catch the problem. All Rockstar does it rush their work and give you a half assed product in the end. GTA V proves that.

I said it at least 15 times now, but GTA IV, TLaD, TBoGT, and CW are the last worthy GTA Titles that should be looked at.

EDIT: Notice I didn't even mention Online, but that is what truly is bringing GTA down the drain because that's all they care about and focus on. It's like a 70 - 30. 70% focus Online and 30% focus with Single Player.

Edited by Militia

TheOneLibertonian

I'm quite unsure with GTA's current state. I didn't like the way that Rockstar followed the Online bandwagon and gave us a flawed single player experience, but I'm still very optimistic about the future of GTA. I do love how Rockstar is passionate with this series, but that is quite hampered by GTA V's Online sibling. MP should have been not the half focus of V, instead MP should have been like IV's IMHO. If Rockstar focused a lot on the SP experience, V is going to be one of the best games ever, but that's not the case with Online. I still enjoy playing V up to this day, but I'm not completely satisfied. Rockstar better blow my mind away in VI, but if they fail to capture my expectations, I must say that I will leave this series behind. As of now I'm still optimistic, but also I am very unsure about the future of both Rockstar and GTA.

Legomanarthur

I'm sort of in the middle. I'm satisfied with how the game worlds look and feel more down to earth rather than being cartoony, but I'm not satisfied with the focus towards online which I feel should be a secondary component.

I guess I'll vote for the third option because in ways I am satisfied with how the series has been going (More to do with GTA IV/EFLC), but on the other hand there are things I'm not overly satisfied with.

Same.

I love how well R* is paying attention to the gameplay and small details that makes the world much more alive and realistic in this new era. But I don't like the fact that they're becoming focused on multiplayer only, leaving single-player to death in some sort.

Plus I think that it's better for them to make the game they want to create, IV offered a new direction to GTA, with a more complicated story, characters and gameplay mechanics. V was made to satisfies San Andreas fans with a shorter, less complicated storyline and a larger number of activities (and even a larger one in Online), which I don't like because when I think of GTA, I immediately think of its story (not only because of IV, but every 3D era stories that I really liked) and then its gameplay. This is my opinion of course, but I would love to have the same type of script that GTA IV had for the next installment, something that keeps me really entertained throughout the whole storyline.

Still, it's their game, they can do whatever they want with it, but again, I would personally love to have another well developed type of story for single-player rather than an almost "multiplayer only" type of game.

Edited by Legomanarthur

Niko Montana

I voted unsure. Whilst I like the attention to realism and detail in the HD-Universe games, I really despise the focus on Online and Multiplayer, and how they overshadow the main game.

Edited by thedriver111

Let's see, exclusive content for people who buy the game twice, locking out classic cars like the Dukes, Stallion, etc... behind that sh*tty system? f*ck you R*! The company's going down and they're dragging their series with it.

• Like 1

SuperGTFan

Let's see, exclusive content for people who buy the game twice, locking out classic cars like the Dukes, Stallion, etc... behind that sh*tty system? f*ck you R*! The company's going down and they're dragging their series with it.

and yet IGN keeps on yelling " GTA V IS A MASTERPIECE ! " , sometimes that "masterpiece" word under the score 10 is really painful to read , because ign seems to thinks that anything that is way too overhyped with a strong fanbase like gta 5 and tlou is a masterpiece .

They just want to please their fans , or probably just scared that they will receive a backlash from a social group of gaming nerds .

Edited by SuperGTFan

Nah nah nah Gta 6

Yet if someone buys GTA IV 2 or 3 times or buys GTA III, VC and SA again on mobile or buys GTA LCS+VCS on PSP and PS2 it's perfectly fine.

You're not forced to buy the game twice, but the extra content is there for the people who like the game.

Edited by Stoney0503

From a single player perspective, it's still going well and I'm satisfied with it. The problem is that Rockstar shifted a lot of their focus to online and I'm unsatisfied with this direction. I appreciate their ambition to push the boundaries of open world online gaming, but GTA Online isn't a game where you want to jump right into fun in a couple of seconds, but rather a game -not a mode anymore- that's designed to waste your time moving between minutes-long loading screens and endless setup menus.

Keep the online an additional mode within the game itself rather than trying to pave the road for a separate lineage of games titled GTA Online.

• Like 1

lastmanonearth

and yet IGN keeps on yelling " GTA V IS A MASTERPIECE ! " , sometimes that "masterpiece" word under the score 10 is really painful to read , because ign seems to thinks that anything that is way too overhyped with a strong fanbase like gta 5 and tlou is a masterpiece .

They just want to please their fans , or probably just scared that they will receive a backlash from a social group of gaming nerds .

It`s IGN man, they`re corporate sell outs. They get paid to hype up sh*t because they`re the go to site for the brainless youth, along with TMZ. I remember IGN was the only site to give The Sims 4 a "must have" review while every other self-respecting reviews site was pissing all over it six ways from Sunday saying it`s mega crap.

The Dedito Gae

the series is going for the best, R* not so much.

unsure, they are still the best sandbox game, but the quality has dropped since V.

Edited by Midnight Hitman

woggleman

Unsure. I do not know if they are done with focus group developing or not. They made one game because so many people criticized the previous one and then all of a sudden everybody started praising the previous one. I hope they learned their lesson from this.

They made one game because so many people criticized the previous one and then all of a sudden everybody started praising the previous one

There will always be whining

Rockstar should just do what they want

Edited by emiliumium
  • Like 2

wiizardii

I think it kinda remains a fact that it's pretty unsure....

I mean we never really know, what if the next GTA is awesome and we go back into this thread thinking everyone who thought GTA would suck post V are idiots or something? It's unsure, instead of thinking about it so much, don't. Hype and stuff, it's not good.

zuckmeslow

not satisfied. gta v has its focus on multiplayer and lacks a deep single player. also the physics engine used in v is garbage and it would suck if they continue using it for the next gta games. gta 4, red dead redemption and max payne 3 had perfect physics engines.

• Like 1

SuperGTFan

They made one game because so many people criticized the previous one and then all of a sudden everybody started praising the previous one

There will always be whining

Rockstar should just do what they want

I remember this hilarious comment I saw in one of the gta 4 videos which is very similar to what have you just said :

" people are so damn pathetic , first they say gta iv sucks , san andreas was better and blah blah blah , and now that gta v is out everyone are saying gta v sucks gta iv was so much better , it's always been that way , the blinding glasses of nostalgia . "

Vaultboy1942

I am not happy with the direction this beloved franchise is taking. Gone are the days of real freedom, in GTA V though it claims and gives off the illusion of ultimate freedom and vast world, this world feels empty alot of areas feel like missed opprtunities, not only that but I felt that during some missions you where pulled out of the action for sake of a narrative purpose. In the first GTA were present with pick up a pay phone any phone heres were you gotta go, now do it if you want too, if not it will be there, or the mission will lapse out but youll activate a alt branch. You wanna blow up a car instead of ramming it, sure thing. This trend continued even into the first of the 3D gta's Cj's story in San Andreas was a bit picky about what you did and didn't and hence was my least faviorte in the series, gta 4 said what the heck, this is liberty city, the american dream go and do whatever the f*ck you want too. Gta 5 is like you gotta use trevor, you gotta switch to micheal , and the missions seem pretty bland, and the the map seems pretty empty , only showing maybe 4 misisons for each charcter at a time. You know what it felt like, like saints row which I dislike. Also wtf let ous costumize are charcters if every time you go away there dressed back in the costume the narrative choose for them? O_O

On the pro side: Though it tries to be serious GTA V had the return of rampages, it even gave the players arcadey speacil abilities such as bullet time etc, which the first gta kinda had in the form of speed up, vechile speed up etc.

Online is evolving nicely and is now not a after thought but rather very much a part of the experince. Also The charcter slook human ish, xD Gone are that awakard potato head noses from GTA 4, the girls look beatiful xD, The men look dangerous, and the guns look deadly as ever.

Overall my biggest gripe was the sound track worst sound track eva in GTA V.

• Like 1

Nah nah nah Gta 6

I'm just glad every GTA is different in their own right, something a lot of fans don't want these days.

I voted unsure mostly because there are things I like and things I don't. I mean they did add features I liked from IV to V but just not what I was expecting.

When it comes to physics and how the world is more "alive" I like the way things are going.

I do not like that the series seems to be moving more to a serious tone and lacking a lot of the features that previous titles had.

Online, like it or not, will probably not be going anywhere but I would like it to become it's on separate entity, so that it doesn't seem to take away from the SP experiences so many love.

Edited by Gigs84

The flight plan I filed with the agency, the SNOO, lists me, my men, Dr. Pavel here, but only one of you! First one to talk gets to stay on my aircraft.

Edited by m.toreno

tranceking26

I voted unsure. I loved some things about GTA V but hated a few fairly important things.

The only thing I am sure about is that everything is now biased towards online mode. Not my cup of tea at all.

• Like 2

HaythamKenway

Unsure. Rockstar still has good ideas and capacity to make them real. That much is clear even in V, where the good ideas were unfortunately buried by pandering to the "wider audience". They dropped the ball only once in the last seven years. And most games they've made in the last generation were better than their older production, so they are still going up.

However, the success of V and Online gave them a quick template to instant acclaim. And if future Rockstar's games are closer to V than to RDR or IV, then I'm afraid they won't be for me.

It's too soon to make decisions about the future of the series. We'll see what the next installment will bring, then we'll know.

SAVILLAIN

I bet you... that rockstar themselves don't even like V they just like the $$$ it brought in

I definitely think, if they choose to keep Online (which I'm 100% sure they will), it needs to be worked on independently of the SP games. It should never feel that SP features are lacking, especially in a GTA game, due to those resources going to Online.

• Like 2

I'm sort on confused after the release of GTA V. I have never been disappointed by GTA title overall. They always manage to pack something interesting with all their titles. With GTA V, I feel that they should have kept GTA Online as a secondary objective, focusing more on improving single player. DLCs would have been after their failed try with the triple protagonist concept.

On top of that, these problems and patches are clear example of how unprepared they are.

It's almost impossible to tell where GTA is heading. From fantastic SP adventure in IV, we got into Online mess in V. Next part will truly uncover the direction and then I will be able to say if I am satisfied or not.

SuperGTFan

It's almost impossible to tell where GTA is heading. From fantastic SP adventure in IV, we got into Online mess in V. Next part will truly uncover the direction and then I will be able to say if I am satisfied or not.

I hear you man , here's hoping the Franklin Singleplayer DLC isn't a Simeon Car Theft Online Update showing Franklin beginning his services .

housedeep

In older titles (III and Vice City, mainly), the story was focused only on the protagonists exploits, there wasn't any family drama, useless friends to help or silly, lousy characters that are irrelevant to the story. I miss that.

The only reason I keep playing GTA is because the gameplay still satisfies me.

BOGT, V and Online are exceptions, and I doubt the series is going to improve, so TLAD is probably the last GTA game I've bought...