[V|REL] Manual Transmission

Luiisjoseda

ThunderBanana

Should add a function to put the car in neutral, so you can stop the vehicle/start the engine without needing to hold the clutch, then it would be perfect :D

I wonder if the green Neutral light on motorcycles would come on ingame if you did this, similar to the dash indicators for the turn signals mod. That would be truly awesome...

Otherwise this mod is amazing, great work :D

Edited by ThunderBanana
  • Like 1

@Luuisjoseda Some people were asking why the MTconfig.ini file does not change the hotkeys when edited. But it did worked for me.

Edited by Nazhul
  • Like 1

Luiisjoseda

@Luuisjoseda Some people were asking why the MTconfig.ini file does not change the hotkeys when edited.

Tell them to make sure to not change the name of the binds etc (Clutch, FirstGear, Reverse), if you change the name of those, it will not work. Also make sure the "=" is spaced out

WRONG exampe:

Clutch=5

CORRECT example:

Clutch = 5

I second the idea of a neutral gear, Also while in any gear if im on a hill and holding in my clutch isn't my car supposed to roll?

Also im kind of noticing is your script based on controlling the vehicle speed? if so then the next step here is to figure out how the game engine controls gears not only are they defined in .meta files but also seems the engine has a way of reproducing realistic transmissions if you can figure out how it does that you'll have full control :p

Edited by icey701

Luiisjoseda

I second the idea of a neutral gear, Also while in any gear if im on a hill and holding in my clutch isn't my car supposed to roll?

Also im kind of noticing is your script based on controlling the vehicle speed? if so then the next step here is to figure out how the game engine controls gears not only are they defined in .meta files but also seems the engine has a way of reproducing realistic transmissions if you can figure out how it does that you'll have full control :p

Only thing I have are natives and there's no natives that control gears so I'm doing the best I can with this mod. Trust me I've read every single idea but some things just aren't possible

Actually there probably are natives concerning gars but they are unnamed to this day and u till every single native is found this mod will have to stay half assing the idea of a manual transmission

Edited by Luiisjoseda
  • Like 2

Only thing I have are natives and there's no natives that control gears so I'm doing the best I can with this mod. Trust me I've read every single idea but some things just aren't possible

Actually there probably are natives concerning gars but they are unnamed to this day and u till every single native is found this mod will have to stay half assing the idea of a manual transmission

Well, the mod is already great as it is. Thanks for your hard work.

• Like 3

Luiisjoseda

Thank you, I appreciate the positive feedback and that's what keeps me releasing updates. To those wondering why I haven't released a new update yet is because of school finals. I've had studying to do and I don't get enough time to work on my mod. Thanks to those who are patient. :)
  • Like 3

lynx8639a

Hey man downloaded the mod today and loved it! Is there a way to change the mod so that the car doesn't stall when you try to shift up when the shift light is not lit up?

Luiisjoseda

Hey man downloaded the mod today and loved it! Is there a way to change the mod so that the car doesn't stall when you try to shift up when the shift light is not lit up?

Yes but the point of the Shift light is to let you know when your RPM are at the needed revs

lynx8639a

So the rpms have to be in a certain range for the engine to upshift or are those values that you have set?

Luiisjoseda

So the rpms have to be in a certain range for the engine to upshift or are those values that you have set?

The RPM have to be at a certain value yes, and when they are the Shift text turns green telling you that you may now up shift

ROBDABANKLAITH

Thank you, I appreciate the positive feedback and that's what keeps me releasing updates. To those wondering why I haven't released a new update yet is because of school finals. I've had studying to do and I don't get enough time to work on my mod. Thanks to those who are patient. :)

Good luck if you still have finals :D I have my A-Levels starting on monday :(

also the car seems to jump backwards when reverse is on and you accelerate.

• Like 1

PißWasser

Hey,

It's a wonderful mod, but I can't switch to gear 4, when I hit clutch at gear 3, shift turns white again and it doesn't clutch (I tried shifting faster but that didnt work either)

• Like 1

Luiisjoseda

Hey,

It's a wonderful mod, but I can't switch to gear 4, when I hit clutch at gear 3, shift turns white again and it doesn't clutch (I tried shifting faster but that didnt work either)

I'll look into why this is happening for you

PißWasser

Hey,

I'll look into why this is happening for you

Thanks, if you need any help testing you can message me.

Hello from Russia!

It is a cool mod and if you do not mind please show your source code (maybe in private message) for mod for the Logitech G27 Racing Wheel with the manual gearbox which i make for all owners of this device.

Many thanks in advance.

Edited by djbel

@Luiisjoseda Is this mod actually compatible with gamepads and Racing Wheels ?

Luiisjoseda

@Luiisjoseda Is this mod actually compatible with gamepads and Racing Wheels ?

I think it's mappable to keys which can then be used for a racing wheel? Not gamepads though.

BillyMark10

The game does not officially support Steering Wheels/Joysticks, but it will soon, so it may work then :)

Wow, imagine changing gears with a G27 in GTA! :O

Does anyone here have a gamepad ? I found a list of digital keyboard codes [and some gamepad codes ? IDK]. Here it is :

0 - None
1 - LButton
2 - RButton
3 - Cancel
4 - MButton
5 - XButton1
6 - XButton2
7 - LButton, XButton2
8 - Back
9 - Tab
10 - LineFeed
11 - LButton, LineFeed
12 - Clear
13 - Return
14 - RButton, Clear
15 - RButton, Return
16 - ShiftKey
17 - ControlKey
18 - Menu
19 - Pause
20 - Capital
21 - KanaMode
22 - RButton, Capital
23 - JunjaMode
24 - FinalMode
25 - HanjaMode
26 - RButton, FinalMode
27 - Escape
28 - IMEConvert
29 - IMENonconvert
30 - IMEAceept
31 - IMEModeChange
32 - Space
33 - PageUp
34 - Next
35 - End
36 - Home
37 - Left
38 - Up
39 - Right
40 - Down
41 - Select
42 - Print
43 - Execute
44 - PrintScreen
45 - Insert
46 - Delete
47 - Help
48 - D0
49 - D1
50 - D2
51 - D3
52 - D4
53 - D5
54 - D6
55 - D7
56 - D8
57 - D9
58 - RButton, D8
59 - RButton, D9
60 - MButton, D8
61 - MButton, D9
62 - XButton2, D8
63 - XButton2, D9
64 - 64
65 - A
66 - B
67 - C
68 - D
69 - E
70 - F
71 - G
72 - H
73 - I
74 - J
75 - K
76 - L
77 - M
78 - N
79 - O
80 - P
81 - Q
82 - R
83 - S
84 - T
85 - U
86 - V
87 - W
88 - X
89 - Y
90 - Z
91 - LWin
92 - RWin
93 - Apps
94 - RButton, RWin
95 - Sleep
96 - NumPad0
97 - NumPad1
98 - NumPad2
99 - NumPad3
100 - NumPad4
101 - NumPad5
102 - NumPad6
103 - NumPad7
104 - NumPad8
105 - NumPad9
106 - Multiply
107 - Add
108 - Separator
109 - Subtract
110 - Decimal
111 - Divide
112 - F1
113 - F2
114 - F3
115 - F4
116 - F5
117 - F6
118 - F7
119 - F8
120 - F9
121 - F10
122 - F11
123 - F12
124 - F13
125 - F14
126 - F15
127 - F16
128 - F17
129 - F18
130 - F19
131 - F20
132 - F21
133 - F22
134 - F23
135 - F24
136 - Back, F17
137 - Back, F18
138 - Back, F19
139 - Back, F20
140 - Back, F21
141 - Back, F22
142 - Back, F23
143 - Back, F24
144 - NumLock
145 - Scroll
146 - RButton, NumLock
147 - RButton, Scroll
148 - MButton, NumLock
149 - MButton, Scroll
150 - XButton2, NumLock
151 - XButton2, Scroll
152 - Back, NumLock
153 - Back, Scroll
154 - LineFeed, NumLock
155 - LineFeed, Scroll
156 - Clear, NumLock
157 - Clear, Scroll
158 - RButton, Clear, NumLock
159 - RButton, Clear, Scroll
160 - LShiftKey
161 - RShiftKey
162 - LControlKey
163 - RControlKey
164 - LMenu
165 - RMenu
166 - BrowserBack
167 - BrowserForward
168 - BrowserRefresh
169 - BrowserStop
170 - BrowserSearch
171 - BrowserFavorites
172 - BrowserHome
173 - VolumeMute
174 - VolumeDown
175 - VolumeUp
176 - MediaNextTrack
177 - MediaPreviousTrack
178 - MediaStop
179 - MediaPlayPause
180 - LaunchMail
181 - SelectMedia
182 - LaunchApplication1
183 - LaunchApplication2
184 - Back, MediaNextTrack
185 - Back, MediaPreviousTrack
186 - Oem1
187 - Oemplus
188 - Oemcomma
189 - OemMinus
190 - OemPeriod
191 - OemQuestion
192 - Oemtilde
193 - LButton, Oemtilde
194 - RButton, Oemtilde
195 - Cancel, Oemtilde
196 - MButton, Oemtilde
197 - XButton1, Oemtilde
198 - XButton2, Oemtilde
199 - LButton, XButton2, Oemtilde
200 - Back, Oemtilde
201 - Tab, Oemtilde
202 - LineFeed, Oemtilde
203 - LButton, LineFeed, Oemtilde
204 - Clear, Oemtilde
205 - Return, Oemtilde
206 - RButton, Clear, Oemtilde
207 - RButton, Return, Oemtilde
208 - ShiftKey, Oemtilde
209 - ControlKey, Oemtilde
210 - Menu, Oemtilde
211 - Pause, Oemtilde
212 - Capital, Oemtilde
213 - KanaMode, Oemtilde
214 - RButton, Capital, Oemtilde
215 - JunjaMode, Oemtilde
216 - FinalMode, Oemtilde
217 - HanjaMode, Oemtilde
218 - RButton, FinalMode, Oemtilde
219 - OemOpenBrackets
220 - Oem5
221 - Oem6
222 - Oem7
223 - Oem8
224 - Space, Oemtilde
225 - PageUp, Oemtilde
226 - OemBackslash
227 - LButton, OemBackslash
228 - Home, Oemtilde
229 - ProcessKey
230 - MButton, OemBackslash
231 - Packet
232 - Down, Oemtilde
233 - Select, Oemtilde
234 - Back, OemBackslash
235 - Tab, OemBackslash
236 - PrintScreen, Oemtilde
237 - Back, ProcessKey
238 - Clear, OemBackslash
239 - Back, Packet
240 - D0, Oemtilde
241 - D1, Oemtilde
242 - ShiftKey, OemBackslash
243 - ControlKey, OemBackslash
244 - D4, Oemtilde
245 - ShiftKey, ProcessKey
246 - Attn
247 - Crsel
248 - Exsel
249 - EraseEof
250 - Play
251 - Zoom
252 - NoName
253 - Pa1
254 - OemClear
255 - LButton, OemClear
#These are [maybe] useful for mods developers :p
Edited by Nazhul

Simple Gears/Clutch/Revs display idea.

| | 5 -> 50% transparent

| | 4 -> 50% transparent

| | 3 -> 50% transparent

| GPS | [2] -> green lit "2" inside brackets = currently in 2nd Gear (Clutch coupled)

| | 1 -> 50% transparent

| | N -> 50% transparent

|____________________ | R -> 50% transparent

| GPS | [2] -> red lit "2" and flashing = 2nd gear ready for up-shift

| | N

|____________________ | R

| GPS | [2] C -> 100% opaque "2" and green lit "C" = currently in 2nd gear & Clutch pressed

| | N

EDIT: Btw, is there any native that lets you know vehicle's engine revs and current gear... ? I think it would help improving upon the Fuel Mod V Script by sakis25

Edited by 80T
  • Like 1

statusquo0
Amazing mod, thank you, thank you, and gracias!!!

I am using the G27 steering wheel with clutch and shifter and works amazing. I set the numpad keys to the shifter with the software JoyToKey and the app X360 for the pedals and wheel. :lol:

Edited by statusquo0

| | 5 -> 50% transparent

| | 4 -> 50% transparent

| | 3 -> 50% transparent

| GPS | [2] -> green lit "2" inside brackets = currently in 2nd Gear (Clutch coupled)

| | 1 -> 50% transparent

| | N -> 50% transparent

| | N

| GPS | [2] C -> 100% opaque "2" and green lit "C" = currently in 2nd gear & Clutch pressed

| | N

EDIT: Btw, is there any native that lets you know vehicle's engine revs and current gear... ? I think it would help improving upon the Fuel Mod V Script by sakis25

I made a better one

| GPS | [D]
|____________________ | 3

Wow, can't wait to check this one out. Didn't even think about this one with so many other mods going on. You modders are kicking ass on this game. Keep it up!

itrungchemxx

can you plz add gear up and gear down button back to the mod and an option to disable clutch. also, I can not change the key to enable/disable mod

Edited by itrungchemxx

Luiisjoseda

can you plz add gear up and gear down button back to the mod and an option to disable clutch. also, I can not change the key to enable/disable mod

Most likely I will just be releasing the source to this sometime this week, as I have lost the motivation to work on this mod and other reasons that I do not want to get into. So expect that soon, I guess.

| | 5 -> 50% transparent

| | 4 -> 50% transparent

| | 3 -> 50% transparent

| | 1 -> 50% transparent

| | N -> 50% transparent

| | N

| | N

thats exactly the idea i suggested to him would have loved something like that