3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Luiisjoseda

[V|REL] Manual Transmission

ZZCOOL

heres a suggestion if you can do it put the numbers next to the minimap no need to have the gear text

like so

Oh sh*t good idea! Doing this now <3

:) you're welcome

another suggestion is some kind of rev meter somewhere so when it turns red or goes at the maximum thats when you change gear you could if possible put a red white upwards meter behind the numbers

so list of suggestions

1.a small subtle rev meter somewhere so you know when you shift

2.e shifts up q shifts down while holding the clutch

3.when you drive on one gear thats too straining the engine will eventually smoke oh and the dial on the dashboard will shake to indicate it's reving

4.turn off the mod for planes etc

5.if you shift all the way to 5 or something and then try to drive off the vehicle will either go REALLY slow or not move at all and then eventually die and smoke

6.prevent the vehicle from shifting automatically i guess this is more complicated though

7.randomize what vehicles are automatic and which are manual

8.maybe keep supercars on both automatic and manual (switch between) as most supercars are both

9.have no clutch for supercars as far as i know they don't have a clutch do they?

10.when holding the clutch the vehicle will stop driving it will just roll

11.instead of a rev meter you could have an icon that shows up as soon as you hit maximum or as soon as it's time to shift, there could also be an icon that indicates you are holding the clutch so (o's represent the icons)

O

O

12. reverse gear? press r to switch to reverse the white lights will go on and then go in reverse by pressing w so no more s to go in reverse, pressing r while in speed will completely break the engine.

13.i would love if you could include a start engine and turn off engine function so when you get in the car it won't start by itself you have to hold like the tab button to start the car hold it again to turn the car off

other ideas:

1.include a function where if you hold the handbreak and rev the engine the vehicle will eventually die and smoke this is not very related but maybe it could be related

2.you could rename the project to realistic vehicle features mod and include the indicators mod ontop of that even have tiny subtle arrows near the map indicating which indicator is on, when turning of the opposite direction of the indicator it will turn off just like in reallife so if you blink right and go right then go left it turns off

you could include a mod like this?

https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/brake-lights-v1-0-game-clock-v1-0-skorpro

3.when you drive with fullbeams on and you point them at a car the driver will be blinded and eventually drive off the road

4.intelligent cruisecontrol? you set a maximum speed and when you break it will break then eventually drive to the same speed again

5.sound related mods i don't think sound can be added though yet but a beep beep sound when the door is open a gear shift sound a indicator click click sound

i am having thoughts of getting into a truck holding tab to start it then click click start the indicator then cruise down the highway truck simulator style

Edited by ZZCOOL

Luiisjoseda

Updated to v1.3, having troubles updating the DL link for some reason, lol :p

Luiisjoseda

Download link fixed, enjoy guys

JakZe

This mod is awesome!, i just hope you can figure out that RPM issue :V

First gear in a sports car/ sports bike, cruising at 3000rpm >.>

Also why is it limited to 4 gears?

Luiisjoseda

This mod is awesome!, i just hope you can figure out that RPM issue :V

First gear in a sports car/ sports bike, cruising at 3000rpm >.>

Also why is it limited to 4 gears?

Because most vehicles only have 4 gears. I will add 5th and 6th soon.

ZZCOOL

I got another idea automatic mode where you can switch between d r p etc for cars with automatic ofcourse, r will still be there with manual but there could be two modes, manual and automatic full control over both with letters and numbers, so when in an automatic transmission vehicle you hold shift (this time it's just the release button not the clutch), then you press q or e and each letter will light up or show when you've entered it.

P

R
N
D

Edited by ZZCOOL

Luiisjoseda

heres a suggestion if you can do it put the numbers next to the minimap no need to have the gear text

like so

another suggestion is some kind of rev meter somewhere so when it turns red or goes at the maximum thats when you change gear you could if possible put a red white upwards meter behind the numbers

so list of suggestions

3.when you drive on one gear thats too straining the engine will eventually smoke oh and the dial on the dashboard will shake to indicate it's reving

5.if you shift all the way to 5 or something and then try to drive off the vehicle will either go REALLY slow or not move at all and then eventually die and smoke

6.prevent the vehicle from shifting automatically i guess this is more complicated though

8.maybe keep supercars on both automatic and manual (switch between) as most supercars are both

9.have no clutch for supercars as far as i know they don't have a clutch do they?

11.instead of a rev meter you could have an icon that shows up as soon as you hit maximum or as soon as it's time to shift, there could also be an icon that indicates you are holding the clutch so (o's represent the icons)

O

O

12. reverse gear? press r to switch to reverse the white lights will go on and then go in reverse by pressing w so no more s to go in reverse, pressing r while in speed will completely break the engine.

13.i would love if you could include a start engine and turn off engine function so when you get in the car it won't start by itself you have to hold like the tab button to start the car hold it again to turn the car off

other ideas:

1.include a function where if you hold the handbreak and rev the engine the vehicle will eventually die and smoke this is not very related but maybe it could be related

2.you could rename the project to realistic vehicle features mod and include the indicators mod ontop of that even have tiny subtle arrows near the map indicating which indicator is on, when turning of the opposite direction of the indicator it will turn off just like in reallife so if you blink right and go right then go left it turns off

3.when you drive with fullbeams on and you point them at a car the driver will be blinded and eventually drive off the road

4.intelligent cruisecontrol? you set a maximum speed and when you break it will break then eventually drive to the same speed again

5.sound related mods i don't think sound can be added though yet but a beep beep sound when the door is open a gear shift sound a indicator click click sound

i am having thoughts of getting into a truck holding tab to start it then click click start the indicator then cruise down the highway truck simulator style

Love the ideas, I will add what I like/feel like is needed! :)

ZZCOOL

like so

so list of suggestions

O

O

other ideas:

Love the ideas, I will add what I like/feel like is needed! :)

i can't wait i'd love the reverse gear and automatic d n p etc

Luiisjoseda

Updated to version 1.4

Aleph-Zero

Do i see it right? From the video it looks more like cruiser control than manual transmission. I mean, from what i see it looks like it's just limiting the speed instead of letting the player choose the gear.

Luiisjoseda

Do i see it right? From the video it looks more like cruiser control than manual transmission. I mean, from what i see it looks like it's just limiting the speed instead of letting the player choose the gear.

There's no videos up to date on the mod, it's much more improved.

kleoboy

this guy has been working his ass off updating this mod. give it a download its fun as hell

also with new 1.4 update. what does R do exactly

Edited by kleoboy

Luiisjoseda

this guy has been working his ass off updating this mod. give it a download its fun as hell

also with new 1.4 update. what does R do exactly

Reverse

Luiisjoseda
i appreciate all the videos, but I have yet to see any on the 1.4 version of the mod :( please make another video! :) Edited by Luiisjoseda

Luiisjoseda

Updated to v1.5, fixes crucial bugs that I was not aware of when I released 1.4

ZZCOOL

the key codes dosn't work shift dosn't work as the clutch how do i go about it if i want e to shift up and q to shift down while holding shift and r to switch to reverse

DownShift = 0
UpShift = 0
//Numpad1
FirstGear = 97
//Numpad2
SecondGear = 98
//Numpad3
ThirdGear = 99
//Numpad4
FourthGear = 100
//Numpad0
Clutch = 96
//Numpadt
Reverse = 82

icey701

Suggestion add the ability to configure Each Car to have different number of gears and Possibly A clutch UI in the future?

Something like

[sabergt]

Number of gears=5

Automatic=No

Even add more stuff down here per car basis and if you make a default one for every car, Each user could tune the car per there own tastes

Also noticed u say most vehicles have 4 gears? where is that at exactly? Most of the time where i am in the us there are 5 gears after N.

Edited by icey701

NexusAU

Did you take the controller mapping out? Why would you do that

ROBDABANKLAITH

Brilliant mod :D.

However I have some bugs to report, (might just be the other mods i'm using).

1) You can't brake, whenever I got to corners I had to use the handbrake which isn't ideal.

2) I tried the reversing out and I just went forward very slowly.

3) (you already know this I think) The rev's match better but I noticed with 1st gear it goes over two max revs (if you get what I mean :D)

Anyway. Brilliant mod, I love the top left feature :D keep at it

kleoboy

you only use two gears now? you cant even reverse up the slightest hill.

Luiisjoseda

the key codes dosn't work shift dosn't work as the clutch how do i go about it if i want e to shift up and q to shift down while holding shift and r to switch to reverse

DownShift = 0

UpShift = 0

//Numpad1

FirstGear = 97

//Numpad2

SecondGear = 98

//Numpad3

ThirdGear = 99

//Numpad4

FourthGear = 100

//Numpad0

Clutch = 96

//Numpadt

Reverse = 82

Up and down shift binds aren't actually binds because they are not used anymore. Just hold down the clutch and choose your preferred gear.

what are you talking about? There's four gears

kleoboy

DownShift = 0

UpShift = 0

//Numpad1

FirstGear = 97

//Numpad2

SecondGear = 98

//Numpad3

ThirdGear = 99

//Numpad4

FourthGear = 100

//Numpad0

Clutch = 96

//Numpadt

Reverse = 82

Up and down shift binds aren't actually binds because they are not used anymore. Just hold down the clutch and choose your preferred gear.

you will only ever use 2 when driving around the city. the 4th gears is near impossible to use. You also cant even stop the car when going fast. going into R stops the car immediately. E brake takes too long to stop

Edited by kleoboy

Luiisjoseda

DownShift = 0

UpShift = 0

//Numpad1

FirstGear = 97

//Numpad2

SecondGear = 98

//Numpad3

ThirdGear = 99

//Numpad4

FourthGear = 100

//Numpad0

Clutch = 96

//Numpadt

Reverse = 82

you will only ever use 2 when driving around the city. the 4th gears is near impossible to use. You also cant even stop the car when going fast. going into R stops the car immediately. E brake takes too long to stopthank you I will fix these as soon as I get home, I do not have any testers so bugs are bound to arise whenever I released updates :(

kleoboy

DownShift = 0

UpShift = 0

//Numpad1

FirstGear = 97

//Numpad2

SecondGear = 98

//Numpad3

ThirdGear = 99

//Numpad4

FourthGear = 100

//Numpad0

Clutch = 96

//Numpadt

Reverse = 82

you will only ever use 2 when driving around the city. the 4th gears is near impossible to use. You also cant even stop the car when going fast. going into R stops the car immediately. E brake takes too long to stopthank you I will fix these as soon as I get home, I do not have any testers so bugs are bound to arise whenever I released updates :(

to honest your mod is like the only reason i play gta v now. this with fuel mod is too much fun.

that's why I'm really interested to see this mod perfected.

also hitting W while stationary moves your car forward slightly.

Luiisjoseda

DownShift = 0

UpShift = 0

//Numpad1

FirstGear = 97

//Numpad2

SecondGear = 98

//Numpad3

ThirdGear = 99

//Numpad4

FourthGear = 100

//Numpad0

Clutch = 96

//Numpadt

Reverse = 82

to honest your mod is like the only reason i play gta v now. this with fuel mod is too much fun.

You should add me on skype so I can send you pre-releases and you can spot out any bugs for me

kleoboy

DownShift = 0

UpShift = 0

//Numpad1

FirstGear = 97

//Numpad2

SecondGear = 98

//Numpad3

ThirdGear = 99

//Numpad4

FourthGear = 100

//Numpad0

Clutch = 96

//Numpadt

Reverse = 82

you will only ever use 2 when driving around the city. the 4th gears is near impossible to use. You also cant even stop the car when going fast. going into R stops the car immediately. E brake takes too long to stop
thank you I will fix these as soon as I get home, I do not have any testers so bugs are bound to arise whenever I released updates :(

You should add me on skype so I can send you pre-releases and you can spot out any bugs for me

sure. I'd be happy to help

level232323

Updated

here, version 1.5

Luiisjoseda

I want to personally thank everybody who uses my mod && gives feedback

1.6 will be out in a couple of hours with fixes

Luiisjoseda

Updated to v1.6