3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Must my Kuruma go kabooma?

fw3

Maybe you can explain this to me.

I tool around LS ramming and bashing everything in sight with my Kuruma.

However, when I encounter other players and send their cars reeling and spinning down the street, instead of getting out and fighting or fighting from within their cars, or even instead of just taking off in a cat n' mouse chase, they choose to blow up my Kuruma, often with me in it (though sometimes, not).

Is it that my Kuruma is the newest threat since the Zentorno was released?
Is it that I provoke such a hostile reaction from such players?
Is it, perhaps, that people just like blowing cars up?

In fact, not 30 seconds ago, it happened again. Player drives toward me... I slide sideways into him... he lobs a sticky and BOOM, I have to put in a call to Mors Mutual (free of charge, of course!).

In all honesty, I never fire a single shot from my Kuruma. I only use it for ramming and bashing, with the occasional stop-get-out-and-shoot.

Any thoughts or theories on this? I'd be curious.

I should add that my behavior is very aggressive in this vehicle, mostly because, well, I can. :)

Cheers!

A player who initiated an attack on me. You can see how it ended up. I took minimal damage while he ended up dead.

0_0.jpg

emptyplayer

You go around ramming people and then are surprised they blow you up? It's much easier to blow you up and take the $$hit rather than shoot you in an armoured car. If I ever encountered you doing that sh*t to me I'd blow you in less than a heart beat.

Too many pussies hide and shoot people from the comfort of their armoured cars so as soon as one comes close I blow them up before they have a chance to shoot n run.

_Pythonomorpha_

You go around ramming people and then are surprised they blow you up? It's much easier to blow you up and take the $$hit rather than shoot you in an armoured car. If I ever encountered you doing that sh*t to me I'd blow you in less than a heart beat.

Yes please.

Really? I guess I'm just surprised that you wouldn't engage in a friendly fight? Some of the most fun I've had driving around in GTAO is a friendly game of ram each other's car senseless, until the cops come and usually ruin everything. lol!

A spontaneous derby is one of the best things about this game, for me. Interesting. Thx. If I ever see you, I'll ram your Adder silly. :)

• Like 1

You could run your mouth I don't care

But if you get too close I'm gon' clap you

• Like 2

_Pythonomorpha_

Really? I guess I'm just surprised that you wouldn't engage in a friendly fight? Some of the most fun I've had driving around in GTAO is a friendly game of ram each other's car senseless, until the cops come and usually ruin everything. lol!

A spontaneous derby is one of the best things about this game, for me. Interesting. Thx. If I ever see you, I'll ram your Adder silly. :)

Get yourself an Insurgent.

More ramming power, and it'll take more than just a puny sticky bomb to blow it up.

TECHN9CiAN

If I ever encountered you doing that sh*t to me I'd blow you in less than a heart beat.

Wording! :lol:

Show up in armorered vehicle, get blown up. Whats the shock here, op? U expect them to try shooting you? That would be futile.

• Like 8

Friendly fight? Since when a friendly fight involves a nearly invicible player with a high price insurance car? Edited by TDLPLAYS

GamesBoy316

If you bought the Kuruma just for ramming and bashing, then you should have bought the Insurgent.

More ramming power, and it'll take more than just a puny sticky bomb to blow it up.

Only issue with that is that the windows aren't bullet proof, and some players dont know how to cope with such a minor draw back.

Edited by SkittyM
  • Like 3

I do the exact same things (ramming into NPC vehicles) while driving my Insurgent and there's always that one idiot that tries to blow me up with stickies :whuh:

emptyplayer

Maybe we're different players. I very rarely start free roam wars and will only engage if I'm attacked or I see a group ganging up on a low level. I don't mind destruction derby type gaming sometimes, but if you ram me outta the blue when I'm probably modding a car or stocking up on essentials I'm gonna blow you the f*ck up.

You won't find me in am adder though, more like my stinger or peyote or something else.

• Like 2

RAZORFACEJONES

If I see one of those things parked anywhere near me I'll take the Jerry Can to it.

In freeroam I always have my RPG equiped. As soon as I see an armoured Kuruma I pull it out and I'm ready to fire.

> truncated <

I am definitely working on it. I play alone (without crew/friends), so I have to rely on randoms to do heists, and finishing out the Humane Labs heists to get the Insurgent has proven to be an effort in vain. No one seems to understand the word "patience" and just enjoys charging into these jobs. <sigh>

I'm looking forward to getting one though. Until then, I love the little Kuruma. I guess I just didn't realize there was such disdain for them. My bad! ;)

_Pythonomorpha_

Only issue with that is that the windows aren't bullet proof, and some players dont know how to cope with such a minor draw back.

What Ive learned while driving the Insurgent is that you have to treat it like an Entity XF. It drives fast and handles like a dream, but if you dont want to get shot you have to drive backwards.

You have the advantage of being able to ram anything in the way (or should I say out of the way, hehe) and not getting blown up though ;)

Lets see here:

You're in an armoured vehicle, therefore most will think you're a griefer -> you get attacked

You're driving erratically and smashing into other players -> you're obviously getting attacked

Everyone in freeroam is an overly paranoid tart -> you get attacked, mainly for no reason

Conclusion:

Dont expect players to not attack you if you're speeding towards them and crashing into things like an infant driver. Unless either of you are in passive mode (NG)

• Like 6

I'm looking forward to getting one though. Until then, I love the little Kuruma. I guess I just didn't realize there was such disdain for them. My bad! ;)

Its just that its easy to get killed by them. I don't go around destroying all the armoured Kurumas, I drive one myself from time to time, but they are troll machines.

Retired Mafia

i've been laughing for several minutes at the thread title, gonna read the actual post now.

i can understand why they would. however i usually shoot the front window with an AP pistol or assault shotgun. allways works for the armored kuruma

Edited by Retired Mafia

emptyplayer

Yes please.Up ;)

All Those Chickens

I always get people in armored cars coming towards me, shooting me when I am minding my own business. It usually happens when I walk out of a clothes store.

Once I respawn, I find them and shoot them, then blow up their Karuma if they were not in it. If they refuse to come out of their vehicle, I fire a rocket into it instead of the previous method.

I never shoot others unless I am shot. Redemption and all, ya know? I'm a peaceful player, but that can drastically change if you decide to kill me.

(By the way I have never been put into a bad sport lobby, despite the countless occasions where I have been forced to blow up personal vehicles.)

• Like 4

emptyplayer

> truncated <

I am definitely working on it. I play alone (without crew/friends), so I have to rely on randoms to do heists, and finishing out the Humane Labs heists to get the Insurgent has proven to be an effort in vain. No one seems to understand the word "patience" and just enjoys charging into these jobs. <sigh>

It's not the kuruma per se, it's just the general

GTAO player, much like the Zentorno and Adder drivers, the drivers are often just griefing douchebags. I personally love how both kurumas drive and will often use my armoured version in free roam, I just won't go around ramming the sheet outta people.

Edited by emptyplayer
  • Like 3

Antigenetic

If I ever encountered you doing that sh*t to me I'd blow you in less than a heart beat.

Looks like emptyplayer is trying to make you an offer you can't refuse...

CarimboHanky

people seem to think youre a douchbag if they see you driving in a kuruma.

the other day i was in passive, i when to a clothing store as i had to go afk for a moment.

when i return to the controller, i notice a blip speeding away, when i go out ny kuruma was like this...

0_0.jpg

not the actual pic

doorless, hoodless and had a proximity in the trunk.

• Like 3

SALO or The 120 Days Of Sodom

Im not a shoot first type of person. Actually, when I first got my Insurgent I did the same as the OP. I do hate Kuruma drivers who roll up on you in the safety of their vehicles and shoot you when you're just sitting there. f*cking pussies. The best part was when I learned to act like a possum (an opossum?) and just wait for them to stop driving fast then I equip my automatic shotty and do away with them.

also, this is my favorite thing about people who try to blow me up in my insurgent:

We Are Ninja

people seem to think youre a douchbag if they see you driving in a kuruma.

Mostly because Kuruma drivers typically are douchebags. Nine times out of ten, when I encounter a Kuruma driver, he's charging at me full tilt, with his AP pistol singing the song of it's people. It's a troll car designed for:

1.) Free-roam assholes that haven't unlocked the Insurgent

2.) Free-roam assholes that are too poor to afford an Insurgent

3.) Noobs that can't navigate the city without getting shot out of their car

4.) Pacifists that want to navigate the city without getting shot out of their car, but don't want to roam around an empty city, or or one full of ghosts

The best part was when I learned to act like a possum (an opossum?) and just wait for them to stop driving fast then I equip my automatic shotty and do away with them.

Playin' possum' is a great tactic in luring in unsuspecting players. I'm always amazed that players continue to fall for it.

And, of topic, @SALO or The 120 Days Of Sodom, you have a really great username. I'm sure about 97.4876% of the site's members will have no idea what it means. I hope you've had a chance to see the film, or at least read the Marquis' book. Both are worth it, for anyone else reading this reply who is into classic literature and/or movies. Just sayin'. Cheers! :)

• Like 2

Sky_Light12

a word of warning for armored kuruma owners :

~ do not face a player that pulls out heavy shotgun

~ do not initate hit and run in off-road areas , this can lead rollovers and eventually remove it's door

~ armored kuruma relied on 90% bulletproof , 70% durability ( being one of vehicle that is hard to compress ) and acceleration ( being only vehicle that can have two turbo ) , exceptions are top speed ( which easily beaten by other sportcars as well easy target for sticky bombers ) and handle on off-road

~ off-road tires only minimize the off-roading problem

~ even though it's armored , it'still can be " pierced " through with auto-aim ( but rarely happens , even if you actually shot the windshield )

~ facing an zentorno-reverse drivers can be problematic as armored kuruma ( just like police transporter and duke o death ) disallow occupant to use explosives

~ while this car can easily compress 6 interceptors ( only in 2 stars ) , this car is still can be stopped by trucks , most SUV ( notably best one , dubsta ) and pit maneuver . also don't let the confidence from mounted-machine guns is useless aganist armored kuruma , but it's greatly damage the car especially killing the engine

~ even though it's one of few car that is quite hard to compress ( others would be duke o death , coquette classic and panto ) , run over by tank still deform the car ( or with fist , weirdly )

~ if u can't control the fully upgraded kuruma ( thanks to already-installed turbo , another turbo can be bought ) , do not install those upgrades and at least just minimal upgrades instead

• Like 2

senormidget

If someone comes flying at me in an armoured car I'm gonna assume they are hostile & not just looking to play bumper cars.

I'd rather pay the 6K insurance than spend 20 minutes wasting 6K worth of ammo trying to shoot the driver.

• Like 2