1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

[Xbox360-PS3-PC] GTA V Save Editor (By: XB36Hazard)

XB36Hazard

I don't have a Skype account, and i don't really understand why it is such a mistery, frankly, why do you even bother encrypting resource files?, you already used the obfuscator. What are those files supposed to be?

The resource files are just that resources. There are Image, String List, Audio, and Item IDs. The whole point of encrypting/compress them is so the files are smaller, easier to handle, and to keep people from stealing them. I currently have about 200+ resources and if I didn't encrypt and compress the other ones then I would have over 1,000+ resources which would make them harder to handle. Also its free to sign up to Skype and it doesn't take long to install Skype. In the end, I really don't have to show you anything because there is nothing wrong with my editor, but I will show you just to prove you wrong! You say it is/has malware which it doesn't! and if it did then so would Horizon and Modio! They also come up on both of your report sites as malware with almost the same signatures. All in all, you are wrong and have been wrong since day one!

Horizon Analysis Links:

https://www.hybrid-analysis.com/sample/8da139312b286db35d4ab2decd472f241ef416f39c8b8657f8ec3cdbb01f245f

https://malwr.com/analysis/MThmYzJmZGYzOTYyNDNhYWExMjc3ZjMxYjRmZTAzMDY/

Edited by XB36Hazard

Rockstar changing the layout of the Saves! :facedesk::miranda:

Figures...They always try to suck the fun away, I swear.

It might take a while to send you my Save. For one, after this happened, I went back down to 1.00 where my main Save I have backed up is so I never lose it. So it'd take 2-3 hours to update from 1.00 to 1.24 again and I am not in the mood to do that at the present time. In time when I get the energy to care about updating again, I will send you a PM with the Save BEFORE editing and AFTER editing.

But...Could the game cause endless loading if I tried putting an Insurgent and Armored Kuruma inside one of the Safehouse Garages? That's all I wanted to do. I don't play Online and never will. But I wanted to try out the Heist Vehicles in Single Player and add The Works onto them for even MORE armoring, lol...But it didn't let me and I got the endless loading screens and the Editor just said None and/or Unknown in the drop down menu.

Okay, when ever you get a chance. And no the game shouldn't freeze by putting in a Insurgent or Kuruma or any DLC vehicle in a safehouse garage. The reason why the editor shows Unknown\None is because something with the format of the safe house garages is invalid.

I don't have a Skype account, and i don't really understand why it is such a mistery, frankly, why do you even bother encrypting resource files?, you already used the obfuscator. What are those files supposed to be?

The resource files are just that resources. There are Image, String List, Audio, and Item IDs. The whole point of encrypting/compress them is so the files are smaller, easier to handle, and to keep people from stealing them. I currently have about 200+ resources and if I didn't encrypt and compress the other ones then I would have over 1,000+ resources which would make them harder to handle. Also its free to sign up to Skype and it doesn't take long to install Skype. In the end, I really don't have to show you anything because there is nothing wrong with my editor, but I will show you just to prove you wrong! You say it is/has malware which it doesn't! and if it did then so would Horizon and Modio! They also come up on both of your report sites as malware with almost the same signatures. All in all, you are wrong and have been wrong since day one!

Horizon Analysis Links:

https://www.hybrid-analysis.com/sample/8da139312b286db35d4ab2decd472f241ef416f39c8b8657f8ec3cdbb01f245f

Wow, that's a change in your attitude, you're right, you don't have to show me anything, but:

1) Encrypt/compress is not really the same, like, at all.

2) Your argument about you wanting your resources to be lighter and better organized was completely discredited when you use BMP files over JPEG, for example, or when you put an exe inside your resources.

Again, you don't need to show me anything, and i could be wrong, i've already said that, i thought it was clear by now, if i would be 100% sure that i was right, i wouldn't be asking for explanations.

Now, if i can't decrypt the files and check that they are clean, i can't tell if they are clean, you could be showing me anything, there is no way for me to tell if the files you show me are really the same ones i have. I can't force you to do anything, i don't intent to do it either.

Using an obfuscator really doesn't protect your code, i will give you an advice, learn what open source is, and what legal obligations it involves, i can asure you that your code will be much more protected that way than obfuscating it. For example, if i want to, i could use your code and build my own editor, but since that is not my intention i didn't even check the code yet, i was hoping that you could show me how to decrypt those files.

I'm pretty sure that the way to decrypt the files is somewhere within the code, after all, you need to decrypt them in order to use them.

So, are you going to tell me how to decrypt them or not?.

Horizon Analysis Links:

Wow, that's a change in your attitude, you're right, you don't have to show me anything, but:

2) Your argument about you wanting your resources to be lighter and better organized was completely discredited when you use BMP files over JPEG, for example, or when you put an exe inside your resources.

Again, you don't need to show me anything, and i could be wrong, i've already said that, i thought it was clear by now, if i would be 100% sure that i was right, i wouldn't be asking for explanations.

Now, if i can't decrypt the files and check that they are clean, i can't tell if they are clean, you could be showing me anything, there is no way for me to tell if the files you show me are really the same ones i have. I can't force you to do anything, i don't intent to do it either.

Using an obfuscator really doesn't protect your code, i will give you an advice, learn what open source is, and what legal obligations it involves, i can asure you that your code will be much more protected that way than obfuscating it. For example, if i want to, i could use your code and build my own editor, but since that is not my intention i didn't even check the code yet, i was hoping that you could show me how to decrypt those files.

I'm pretty sure that the way to decrypt the files is somewhere within the code, after all, you need to decrypt them in order to use them.

Nope, the only way I will help is if we go on Skype and you send me the files you want decrypted and I decrypt them right in front of you.

Horizon Analysis Links:

Nope, the only way I will help is if we go on Skype and you send me the files you want decrypted and I decrypt them right in front of you.

Well, as i said, that won't work since i can't tell if those files are the same i send you.

I will try to do it myself.

Well, as i said, that won't work since i can't tell if those files are the same i send you.

I will try to do it myself.

Lol have you ever used Skype? I would screen share and you would see everything. Well best of luck to you then.

New Update out now! See Full Changelog

2.0.2.3 - 7-8-15

Added...

-Ill-Gotten Gains Update Part 2

-Vehicles

-Brawler

-Chino

-Coquette BlackFin

-T20

-Toro

-Vindicator

-Weapons

-Knuckle Dusters

-Marksman Pistol

-Knuckle Dusters Models Viewer

-Knuckle Dusters Stats

-Marksman Pistol Stats

Edited by XB36Hazard

after updating the save editor i got unable to verify plugin.dat. why is that?

i redownload the save editor still get the same error

Edited by Akmal2401

after updating the save editor i got unable to verify plugin.dat. why is that?

i redownload the save editor still get the same error

I am having the same issue as well. Downloaded the different versions and any extra files, which I didn't have to do before, and I get the plugin.dat error. This never happened before this version.

P.S. Is there a way to give cars chrome wheels like in multiplayer? Everytime I select "chrome (other)" as the color for a wheel, the wheels just turn dark...

• Like 1

I have not tried the Save Editor since my previous post in this Topic ^^^^^^, however, today I have updated again from 1.00 now to 1.25 on PS3. I was planning on re-downloading the Editor again and trying it out, but now there is a plugin.dat problem? Wtf is that?

I don't know guys...But this Editor used to be plug and play a year ago plus, but now there is always problems with it :/

I used to use this editor last year for my PS3 save games and it worked perfectly.

Today, I wanted to start using it again, so I downloaded it from your website again.

It starts up fine but after I open my file from my USB it says

Error

Unable to Verify Plugin.dat!

Please re-download save editor from X3t - Infinity.com

Please fix because I have been trying to get it work for like an hour.

That's what I am saying...A year ago, this Editor was the best thing you could imagine for the life of GTA V on Consoles. Now, it seems to not work and have a lot of problems! :/

Hey XB36Hazard, I keep getting the "Unable to verify plugin.dat" error every time I try to load a save. I tried to download both the installer version and the exe version and the result is always the same. It starts up normaly but never asks me to download plugin.dat. I Already have all the VC distributable installed and my Windows is runnig fine. This is the first release I'm getting and it is to edit my PC savegame. Is there any other way I can get the plugin.dat?

Thanks!

Sorry guys for any inconvenience, I accidentally deleted a line of code. You should now be able to update without any issues. Also Installer is now up to date.

• Like 4

Program definitely loads correctly now.

I'm able to select Kuckle Dusters but I can't select the variants, even after checking the "in inventory" checkbox. Each variant's checkbox seems to be inactive but the view column items all seem to be working fine.

Otherwise Thank you so much sir. :D

Edited by greyishgoose

@Hazard, thanks man! Gonna try this out again in the coming days! :)

I hope "The Works" works! :D:p

What am I doing wrong? Those Heist Vehicles don't work in Single Player for me. Meanwhile, other people have got them to work.

At least this time I didn't get an endless loading screen. Instead my game loaded fine, but when I drove close to the Vanilla Unicorn/Strip Club where I spawned both an AP Rhino Tank (The Works) and an AP Insurgent (The Works) in the parking spaces, it froze every time I came close to it. I can only imagine it's the damn Heist Vehicles causing problems....But why? I used to be able to spawn an Annihilator and Stinger GT in Single Player no problem, for instance. So I don't see why the Heist Vehicles make the game crash/freeze...

At least I was able to jack a random Vehicle as my "Current Vehicle" and in the Editor change it to something I wanted, then I took it into Los Santos Customs to mod it and it's stored in my Impound Garage right now and that worked perfectly fine, how it should work and always has worked in the past.

There is something up with Heist Vehicles in SP, though. They don't work as it would appear and just f*ck up your Save. Any tips? Let me know. Thanks.

I have yet to to actually enable The Works on "normal" Vehicles in my Safehouse Garages/Parking Spots yet. I did in the past and I hope it still works. I guess I will have to settle with an AP Super Car instead of the kings...AP Lazer, AP Rhino Tank, AP Insurgent, AP Police Riot, etc, etc...

HEY, WHERES THE SAVE GAME EDITOR YOU OWE ME, @#$5ER?? No, I'm kidding.

I don't usually bother but I was reading through the comments looking for update information when I started reading some of them. They were so abusive I just felt like creating an account just to say thanks. When it works this thing is miraculous but for some reason Rockstar have developed an affinity for tossing monkey wrenches. Thanks for staying on it.

If I'm being honest, the only reason I even mess with GTAV anymore is this mod. Without this the game has zero replay value.

I absolutely agree. Rockstar's GTA V has zero replay value. Hazard's Save Editor is supplying all the replay value the game can ever get. But like you said, Rockstar always is changing the coding and f*cking sh*t up, so Hazard has to go in and find what they did and always fix it.

I remember a while back where I would update to a new Patch and something would happen with my Save and I used the Editor to get it back to what it was like before updating. It's an amazing tool, but only when it works! I am having problems with the Heist Vehicles.

Dangerous and sad

Having problems with the new pistol. Says it's not in my inventory even though I do have it. Then when I try to edit the weapon tints it won't save neither will editing the amount of ammo. Btw the weapon tint issue is only with the new gun

A long time ago I remember adding full ammo to a new DLC weapon. What happened? It went from full to ZERO. I also installed all Weapon Mods on the Editor. What happened? All Weapon Mods gone. That is the difference between a 1 and a 0. :D

It's good this topic exists, though. Let Hazard know of all the errors so he can fix them! :)

I will be trying The Works tomorrow. Today I just quicksaved and spawned certain Vehicles to fully mod inside Los Santos Customs and then stored them in my Safehouse Garages, Interior 4 Car Garages, and Impound Garages.

Speaking of Impounds, if Hazard can get the Marina Docks and such in the Editor, he can probably get the Impound Garages to work as Garages to store Vehicles as well. I learned about Impounds back in 2013 and I actually use them as 2 Car Garages for each Character, thus giving me 6 extra spots to store Vehicles. I know how to purposely impound a Vehicle and I know how to NOT OVERWRITE them either, where they stay there forever. You gotta be careful, though, as there is some crazy duplication glitches in this game where some cars are impounded for no apparent reason and overwrite your Vehicles already inside there.

• Like 1

DO NOT USE THE HOUSE GARAGE EDITOR. It will freeze your game. I didn't even add "The Works," and my game has froze just for changing the Plates of the Vacca and Voltic behind T's Strip Club.

I repeat, DO NOT USE THE HOUSE GARAGE EDITOR AS IT'S 100% BROKEN and WILL MESS YOUR GAME UP.

I am done. I won't use the Editor anymore. That is the main reason I use it these days and it doesn't work whatsoever. It worked 14 months ago. I don't see why it won't work now. Literally, out of ALL the features on the Editor this was the best feature. There is nothing to do after 100%. The game has no replay value. What better way to add replay value with going on a legit police chase in an indestructible vehicle?

So yeah, it's NOT Heist Vehicles which make the game freeze. It's any action you do using the BETA House Garage Editor which will ruin your Save.

Edited by Militia

Xb36Hazard: this thing is amazing. Kudos.

I tried to convert my XB360 save to the PC format using the little "colorful arrow" icon in the "Other" section.

It seemed to have worked except it locked Trevor out of my game. I cannot switch to him and he is not in the dial of characters.

I found there's little documented about the conversion process, so did I do something wrong?

On the PC, I played the game until I could free roam (Franklin and Lamar, 1.9%). This created a savegame on the PC.

I have my XB360 save exported to a USB and I choose the "Open Device". I click the arrows, select Slot 0, and save it to the directory on the PC where gamesaves are.

On the PC, was able to load the XB360 game (it said Franklin and Lamar until I did a manual save of it, then it had my current progress (Eye in the Sky))

But Trevor is unselectable.

I can open the savegame and make Trevor my Active character just fine, but if I switch away from him, I cannot switch back.

Is there anything I can manually edit in the save file? A hex code somewhere just so it knows Trevor exists?

Ok, I was able to spawn the Insurgent on Trevor's Helipad no problem. When I tried before, I tried putting it at T's Strip Club, but that is using the Safehouse Garage Editor which is broken. I also went on an epic police chase and noticed the Insurgent can easily smash anything out of it's path, which is totally awesome!!!! Now, I just hope the Safehouse Garage Editor is fixed so I can add The Works on this Insurgent and literally make it indestructible.

I have no clue what is going on now. I spawned the Insurgent, then the Savage, then the Hydra. My Save itself is fine on my PS3 and loads up fine. But now when I go to open it in the Editor, it doesn't work. I even tried putting my back up Save through the Editor before doing anything to it, and even THAT won't open....How can it open a couple hours ago and now not open? When I try and open my Save, I get a red X, error message, just a red X and it won't open the Save...

EDIT: I tried downloading an older Version of the Editor. The one that was Version 2.0.1.9 right after the Heists were released. I unplugged my Router and tried to open it and all it did was hang on 24% loaded. What? Doesn't run without the Internet now? Man, this Editor used to be so much better. Didn't matter what Patch you were on and you could always kept and used a specific Version of the Editor if you find it to work right for you. Now you are forced to be on the Web and are forced to be on the latest Patch...

Edited by Militia

Still waiting on an explanation as to why PS3 Saves don't load into the Editor anymore? I sent Hazard a PM, he read it, but doesn't reply. Same here, no replies. Still waiting...

Usually I could careless since I don't like to play V all that much, but for some odd reason, I am having fun, but IF AND ONLY IF, I mess with the Save Editor. Without the use of the Save Editor, I don't even want to play V and am once again forced to do something cuz I physically can't load anything into the Editor as there is an error message out of nowhere, yet, it worked an hour before I got the error message yesterday. I tried clearing cache on Editor. Didn't do jacksh*t. I tried using a different Version of the Editor. Didn't do jacksh*t. I tried PM'ing the maker of the Editor. Didn't do jacksh*t. So once again, what in the hell, is going on?!

All I need is the Editor to load my Save and all I need is that House Garage Editor to work instead of freeze my game. It's the only things I am asking for...

Edited by Militia

I am sending you my Save after you reply to the PM I just sent.

EDIT: Save Sent to You in PM.

Edited by Militia