1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

[Xbox360-PS3-PC] GTA V Save Editor (By: XB36Hazard)

XB36Hazard

So you went from very skilled developer that builds super anti debugging anti tracing complex techniques and decrypts and maps unknown files to not knowing why your code does certain things?, also, which of those changes on the changelog is responsable for stop sending control codes to devices such us network adapters?

EDIT: Why do you patch MSCORWKS.DLL?

I didn't say I was "very skilled developer that builds super anti debugging anti tracing complex techniques and decrypts and maps unknown files" I am a skilled developer in many things but "Anti Debug & Anti Tracing" are in the obfuscator. Also yeah I don't know why it's showing up in your reports because I don't have it coded anywhere to do those things. Also I didn't patch the "MSCORWKS.DLL" nor do I do any of the things the reports show. Also the items in the changelog have nothing to do with sending control codes or anything within the reports! I'm telling you it's the obfuscator that makes it look like its doing one thing when it's really not!

No no no, i didn't say that you say that, i say that, based on what we were discussing, mapping a file is no child's play, it a really hard task, and i trully believe that you're a skilled developer, no joke.

Now, regarding the "anti debug" and "anti tracing", that is not obfuscation, creating guarded memory regions is no code obfuscation, and you said that you don't use obfuscation, you say you encrypt everything, because obfuscation is not enough.

Again, this are actions being logged, and for the last time, there is NO WAY that this are false positives, so stop using that explanation because IT IS SIMPLY A LIE.

Now, about the patching of MSCORWKS.DLL library, the latest analysis has the library, the address where it was patched and the value written, that is really too specific for a mistake or a false positive, as you claim it is:

Installs hooks/patches the running processdetails"<Input Sample>" wrote bytes "EDA701B4" to virtual address "0x6AA71FDC" (part of module "MSCORWKS.DLL")

"<Input Sample>" is your editor ("GTA V.exe").

You can see for yourself, here are the two reports, one is with the more obvious monitoring and the other is with the less detailed but more stealthy analysis.

https://www.hybrid-analysis.com/sample/5805cc5332518fa7c7365421ed633f619c1f39241f25483fc11946be5983fc76?environmentId=1

https://www.hybrid-analysis.com/sample/5805cc5332518fa7c7365421ed633f619c1f39241f25483fc11946be5983fc76?environmentId=4

Why do you import library functions that allow you to monitor network traffic?.

[email protected]_32.DLL at [email protected]_32.DLL at [email protected] at 00184968-00002872-7745228D-235833

Also, Why do you create mutexes (to monitor) system objects related to network connections (and that are common to other malware such as Zbot)?

"Local\WininetStartupMutex"
"Local\WininetConnectionMutex"
"Local\WininetProxyRegistryMutex"

There are too many things that actually happen and you (say you) don't know anything about, it is very important to get an answer other that you not knowing why this happens, this are really serious actions, they compromise system security, they modify network connection settings, disable proxy, check if it can redirect the user from secure traffic to unencrypted without telling the user and creates mutants that are used in banking trojans such as Zbot. This doesn't look good... at all.

Edited by hyperar

No no no, i didn't say that you say that, i say that, based on what we were discussing, mapping a file is no child's play, it a really hard task, and i trully believe that you're a skilled developer, no joke.

Now, regarding the "anti debug" and "anti tracing", that is not obfuscation, creating guarded memory regions is no code obfuscation, and you said that you don't use obfuscation, you say you encrypt everything, because obfuscation is not enough.

Again, this are actions being logged, and for the last time, there is NO WAY that this are false positives, so stop using that explanation because IT IS SIMPLY A LIE.

Now, about the patching of MSCORWKS.DLL library, the latest analysis has the library, the address where it was patched and the value written, that is really too specific for a mistake or a false positive, as you claim it is:

Installs hooks/patches the running processdetails"<Input Sample>" wrote bytes "EDA701B4" to virtual address "0x6AA71FDC" (part of module "MSCORWKS.DLL")

You can see for yourself, here are the two reports, one is with the more obvious monitoring and the other is with the less detailed but more stealthy analysis.

https://www.hybrid-analysis.com/sample/5805cc5332518fa7c7365421ed633f619c1f39241f25483fc11946be5983fc76?environmentId=1

https://www.hybrid-analysis.com/sample/5805cc5332518fa7c7365421ed633f619c1f39241f25483fc11946be5983fc76?environmentId=4

[email protected]_32.DLL at [email protected]_32.DLL at [email protected] at 00184968-00002872-7745228D-235833

Also, Why do you create mutexes (to monitor) system objects related to network connections (and that are common to other malware such as Zbot)?

There are too many things that actually happen and you (say you) don't know anything about, it is very important to get an answer other that you not knowing why this happens, this are really serious actions, they compromise system security, they modify network connection settings, disable proxy, check if it can redirect the user from secure traffic to unencrypted without telling the user and creates mutants that are used in banking trojans such as Zbot. This doesn't look good... at all.

The "Anti Debug & Anti Tracing are part of the obfuscatoin process. The obfuscator that I use has those options. As I said before it's the obfuscator that makes it look like its doing one thing when it's really not. Like I also said before is that I don't like those reports because they can't tell the difference. Also like I said before: I went through my registry and files before, while, and after the editor is running on a new computer that has never ran my GTA V Save Editor and I have not found any proof that it's doing the things the reports say it's doing.

The "Anti Debug & Anti Tracing are part of the obfuscatoin process. The obfuscator that I use has those options. As I said before it's the obfuscator that makes it look like its doing one thing when it's really not. Like I also said before is that I don't like those reports because they can't tell the difference. Also like I said before: I went through my registry and files before, while, and after the editor is running on a new computer that has never ran my GTA V Save Editor and I have not found any proof that it's doing the things the reports say it's doing.

Nevermind, i managed to decompile it. There are still some issues i got to deal with, but it looks promising

Edited by hyperar

Hi all I've been reading about this save editor if I use it on my 74% save file to add more money in single player on Xbox 360 is there a possibility that I will get banned from rock star cos I'm reading and some say yes and some say rock star are not bothers about single player mods thanks

Anything to do with Online is not aloud. Editor or not. If you try and glitch the Online mode, you deserve to be banned.

When it comes to Single Player, which the Editor is for, you can do whatever the f*ck you want and Rockstar can eat it...

Oh, and for the record, if people are worried over the newer Versions of the Editor, you can always use it with disconnecting your Internet. Disconnect it? Save Editor can't update, thus staying on the appropriate Version that suits you.

My last update was May 2014, actually. So I've been not updating for 13, almost 14 months now. I also am playing GTA V on PS3 Version 1.00. I don't like updating to Rockstar patches cuz they do more harm than good.

And for the record, Hazard's Editor has FIXED MANY of Rockstar's problems with GTA V.

Edited by Militia

Oh, and for the record, if people are worried over the newer Versions of the Editor, you can always use it with disconnecting your Internet. Disconnect it? Save Editor can't update, thus staying on the appropriate Version that suits you.

My last update was May 2014, actually. So I've been not updating for 13, almost 14 months now. I also am playing GTA V on PS3 Version 1.00. I don't like updating to Rockstar patches cuz they do more harm than good.

And for the record, Hazard's Editor has FIXED MANY of Rockstar's problems with GTA V.

If you want to use any of the added content or access Online, you are forced to update though. Old Editor versions can't load current saves.

So I can mod my save file as I've completed story mode just wanted to mess around with the editor. So to verify I can use this on single player and rock star won't ban me or do anything also do u advise to do this with internet disabled thanks Ethernet unplugged

@gooby, what do you mean? I am able to start the Editor Version I have and can load my Save into the Editor to edit, etc...

As about Online, I don't play GTA O. Never have, never will. Same for GTA IV Multiplayer. Doesn't belong in this Series if you ask me. But that is for another Topic.

The last Rockstar Patch I updated to was 1.11, which was May 2014, when we got the Zentorno, Massacro, Huntley, etc, etc. Months after that, I deleted all the Patches off my PS3 and re-did V to 100% with Special Vehicles and Perfect Stats and that is the Save I still currently have on Version 1.00 for PS3. I have another Save that I was using the Save Editor on, but like I said, I didn't use any of this stuff since May 2014.

All I know is I always used the OLDER Versions of the Editor in the past due to the fact some newer Versions had things messed up or removed. For instance, I remember when Hazard had the Marina Docks for edit in his Editor, but then after that Editor Version, it was removed and I haven't seen it back ever again. There is some other Features I liked better on the Old Versions of the Editor, too.

Hi all I've been reading about this save editor if I use it on my 74% save file to add more money in single player on Xbox 360 is there a possibility that I will get banned from rock star cos I'm reading and some say yes and some say rock star are not bothers about single player mods thanks

Console modding is not allowed by Microsoft and Sony. They and / or Rockstar will ban you for Single and multiplayer modding.

The "Anti Debug & Anti Tracing are part of the obfuscatoin process. The obfuscator that I use has those options.

Now, what if your Obfuscator contains malware?

Why don't you build a version without the obfuscator, send the binaries over to hyperar and he checks if the anti-malware-reports still contain those suspicious details? (It seems, he decompiled the source anyway)

Console modding is not allowed by Microsoft and Sony. They and / or Rockstar will ban you for Single and multiplayer modding.

The "Anti Debug & Anti Tracing are part of the obfuscatoin process. The obfuscator that I use has those options.

Now, what if your Obfuscator contains malware?

Why don't you build a version without the obfuscator, send the binaries over to hyperar and he checks if the anti-malware-reports still contain those suspicious details? (It seems, he decompiled the source anyway)

Yesterday i managed to decompile the files, well, not me but a tool, i'll be looking at them later since i'm at work.

Edited by hyperar

Now, what if your Obfuscator contains malware?Why don't you build a version without the obfuscator, send the binaries over to hyperar and he checks if the anti-malware-reports still contain those suspicious details? (It seems, he decompiled the source anyway)

Hi reditec I don't mean modding the console I was wanting to know if I use the save editor on my save file and then play it in single player will they ban me or are they not bothered. So its modding the save file not the console

Now, what if your Obfuscator contains malware?Why don't you build a version without the obfuscator, send the binaries over to hyperar and he checks if the anti-malware-reports still contain those suspicious details? (It seems, he decompiled the source anyway)

Hi reditec I don't mean modding the console I was wanting to know if I use the save editor on my save file and then play it in single player will they ban me or are they not bothered. So its modding the save file not the console

I don't know anybody that had problems, i wouldn't touch the stats though.

It's changing a file on a console. That's console modding and Rockstar, Sony and Microsoft will ban you for changing any files. (Doesn't matter if it's online, offline, single player, multiplayer or savegames. It's all modding.)

I know a bunch of ppl who got banned for this.

And despite of that: It's illegal and violate a bunch of rules, I can understand why they ban you. Just buy a PC for modding.

Edited by reditec

@gooby, what do you mean? I am able to start the Editor Version I have and can load my Save into the Editor to edit, etc...

As about Online, I don't play GTA O. Never have, never will. Same for GTA IV Multiplayer. Doesn't belong in this Series if you ask me. But that is for another Topic.

The last Rockstar Patch I updated to was 1.11, which was May 2014, when we got the Zentorno, Massacro, Huntley, etc, etc. Months after that, I deleted all the Patches off my PS3 and re-did V to 100% with Special Vehicles and Perfect Stats and that is the Save I still currently have on Version 1.00 for PS3. I have another Save that I was using the Save Editor on, but like I said, I didn't use any of this stuff since May 2014.

All I know is I always used the OLDER Versions of the Editor in the past due to the fact some newer Versions had things messed up or removed. For instance, I remember when Hazard had the Marina Docks for edit in his Editor, but then after that Editor Version, it was removed and I haven't seen it back ever again. There is some other Features I liked better on the Old Versions of the Editor, too.

I meant that if you play and save your progress on the current latest updates, early versions of the editor can't even open your save. Whether that's because of new content or further changes within the save, I don't know, I just found out when I tried going back to an older editor that had the house garage editor included while the current one had it disabled.

I'm not a fan of the direction they took with GTA Online, but I still enjoy playing it with friends. R* focus most development on Online and it's a huge reason why I still play V occasionally. So that's why I play the game with updates.

Edited by gooby

It's changing a file on a console. That's console modding and Rockstar, Sony and Microsoft will ban you for changing any files. (Doesn't matter if it's online, offline, single player, multiplayer or savegames. It's all modding.)

I know a bunch of ppl who got banned for this.And despite of that: It's illegal and violate a bunch of rules, I can understand why they ban you. Just buy a PC for modding. I understand what you mean but its modding a file not modding console modding console and files r different the only way u won't get a ban is if u disconnect from internet take Ethernet out and don't connect whilst playing

I understand what you mean

Nope, you clearly don't.

but its modding a file not modding console

It does not matter. The term console modding describes reverse engeneering and / or changing any files used by the games. (e.g. save files // those are files and they are used by the game running on the console).

modding console and files r different

That's your definition. But: Both is forbidden, please read the rules.

the only way u won't get a ban is if u disconnect from internet take Ethernet out and don't connect whilst playing

Imagine you robbed a bank and they don't know you did it. Is it legal now to do so!?

If you disconnect from the internet, you can ofcourse do single player modding. But it's still forbidden, illegal and violates the rules.

Maybe they even track hashes, so when you go online the next time, you'll be banned anyway.

Just use a PC if you want to mod games.

Edited by reditec

Maybe they even track hashes, so when you go online the next time, you'll be banned anyway.Just use a PC if you want to mod games.

Because R* will never ban PC modders, right?

Maybe they even track hashes, so when you go online the next time, you'll be banned anyway.Just use a PC if you want to mod games.

Because R* will never ban PC modders, right?

Don't feed him dude, let him go away.

Well, i'm looking at the code, it's not a 1:1 decompilation, but it'll do.

At the moment i'm focused on resources, because the reports hinted that there was an embedded PE (executable), which may only be pfdtool, which is cool, but, among the resources (mostly bitmap images, fonts and strings) there are a few files that i assume are encrypted and that i'd like to know what they are.

@X36Hazard: Can you tell me if they are encrypted?, If they are, i'd like to look at them.

pfdtool.exe is the decryptor.

RAGE and MTCORSVA are fonts.

_global and games are text files.

The rest, i don't know.

XCcU4o1.png

Edited by hyperar

You can unlock all the clothing items for the characters, so is it possible to edit their clothing items? I want to get rid of all their ugly clothes.

If you want to use any of the added content or access Online, you are forced to update though. Old Editor versions can't load current saves.

Absolutely right. A lot has changed for the worse. I was very wrong. Today I updated my V to the current Patch on PS3 from 1.00. I went from 1.00 to 1.24. Took f*cking 2 hours to go through all that nonsense. I actually took a nap while I waited.

I used the Editor for the first time since May 2014 and you are right, I couldn't even load up my old Save Edited Save File. Furthermore, now after editing some things, I am getting endless loading screen and it won't start up.

It's either the Editor (which I doubt) or Rockstar's half assed Patches, which I think f*cked it up. What a waste of time. Back to 1.00 I go. The game at least worked, then. Now it won't even load. Garbage game, really.

Edited by Militia

One question: I'm trying to edit some vehicles' plate (in particular all character's PV) but, when i save, changes don't show up in game. It looks like the save editor doesn't apply the modifies since when i reload that savegame plate is the same as before.

Edited by TheIceWarrior

Well, i'm looking at the code, it's not a 1:1 decompilation, but it'll do.

At the moment i'm focused on resources, because the reports hinted that there was an embedded PE (executable), which may only be pfdtool, which is cool, but, among the resources (mostly bitmap images, fonts and strings) there are a few files that i assume are encrypted and that i'd like to know what they are.

@X36Hazard: Can you tell me if they are encrypted?, If they are, i'd like to look at them.

pfdtool.exe is the decryptor.

RAGE and MTCORSVA are fonts.

_global and games are text files.

The rest, i don't know.

XCcU4o1.png

There is only one executable in the resources and that's pfdtool. 14 files are encrypted and 11 files are not. Here is the full list... If you want we can go on Skype and I can show you what the files are before they are encrypted.

GTAV_Resource_List.png

@Hazard, what did you do to "The Works?"

I know it's BETA, but it used to work in May 2014, which was the last time I used the Save Editor. I tried it the other day and I got endless loading screen. Game wouldn't even start. Furthermore, every time I would open up the House Garage Editor, it would always say "Unknown" and/or "None." None of the options Saved.

And why is it that you force us to update to the latest Patch to use the Editor? Rockstar Patches are the scum of the Earth. I don't want to update. I am happy on 1.00. I am happy updating occasionally just to use your Editor as well but after 2 hours of updating going from 1.00 to 1.24 on my PS3 just to use your Editor which gave me an endless loading screen which this NEVER happened before, doesn't sit well with me.

What happened in these 14 months? The Editor used to be amazing, now it doesn't even work. I could careless about money and clothing and God Mode and the likes, I just want to be able to spawn Vehicles into the Safehouse Garages and give them The Works like I used to do and have some fun. But this fun can't happen anymore, apparently.

There is only one executable in the resources and that's pfdtool. 14 files are encrypted and 11 files are not. Here is the full list... If you want we can go on Skype and I can show you what the files are before they are encrypted.

GTAV_Resource_List.png

Sorry, but that won't work, it'd simply prove nothing, since you can easily encrypt some files and claim that those are the same. I want to decrypt the ones i can tell came from your software.

GTAV_Resource_List.png

Sorry, but that won't work, it'd simply prove nothing, since you can easily encrypt some files and claim that those are the same. I want to decrypt the ones i can tell came from your software.

Sorry, that's what I mean. We can go on Skype and you can send me the files and watch me decrypt them and then you can view them.

@Hazard, what did you do to "The Works?"

I didn't do anything.

I know it's BETA, but it used to work in May 2014, which was the last time I used the Save Editor. I tried it the other day and I got endless loading screen. Game wouldn't even start. Furthermore, every time I would open up the House Garage Editor, it would always say "Unknown" and/or "None." None of the options Saved.

Can you send me your save. one before and one after you edit it?

And why is it that you force us to update to the latest Patch to use the Editor? Rockstar Patches are the scum of the Earth. I don't want to update. I am happy on 1.00. I am happy updating occasionally just to use your Editor as well but after 2 hours of updating going from 1.00 to 1.24 on my PS3 just to use your Editor which gave me an endless loading screen which this NEVER happened before, doesn't sit well with me.

By having everyone on the same update makes it easier to find out what the problem is if any issues occur. Also new updates have bug fixes and new features. As of right now you can disconnect from the internet and run the editor and you won't have to update. If you would I can have the editor ask you if you would like to update.

What happened in these 14 months? The Editor used to be amazing, now it doesn't even work. I could careless about money and clothing and God Mode and the likes, I just want to be able to spawn Vehicles into the Safehouse Garages and give them The Works like I used to do and have some fun. But this fun can't happen anymore, apparently.

In the last year or so many new updates have been released with bug fixes and new features. The layout of the game saves also have been change within the last couple on months. This is probably the reason why it doesn't work for you. Also it's fine if you don't care about money and clothing or god mode but some do. If you can send me your save I will do my best to fix the issue's you are having.

Sorry, that's what I mean. We can go on Skype and you can send me the files and watch me decrypt them and then you can view them.

I don't have a Skype account, and i don't really understand why it is such a mistery, frankly, why do you even bother encrypting resource files?, you already used the obfuscator. What are those files supposed to be?

Edited by hyperar

Rockstar changing the layout of the Saves! :facedesk::miranda:

Figures...They always try to suck the fun away, I swear.

It might take a while to send you my Save. For one, after this happened, I went back down to 1.00 where my main Save I have backed up is so I never lose it. So it'd take 2-3 hours to update from 1.00 to 1.24 again and I am not in the mood to do that at the present time. In time when I get the energy to care about updating again, I will send you a PM with the Save BEFORE editing and AFTER editing.

But...Could the game cause endless loading if I tried putting an Insurgent and Armored Kuruma inside one of the Safehouse Garages? That's all I wanted to do. I don't play Online and never will. But I wanted to try out the Heist Vehicles in Single Player and add The Works onto them for even MORE armoring, lol...But it didn't let me and I got the endless loading screens and the Editor just said None and/or Unknown in the drop down menu.