2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Who's the bigger dick? Steve Haines or Devin Weston

TheOneLibertonian

Who's the bigger dick? Steve Haines or Devin Weston.  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Who's Worse?

• Steve Haines
    • Devin Weston

TheOneLibertonian

I think that stupid billionaire prick is the bigger dick. Devin Weston has douchebaggery spread in his entire body. Steve Haines is a f*cking douche, but Devin Weston takes the f*cking cake for being a bigger annoying scumbag.

• Like 5

Cutter De Blanc

Devin. Steve is at least doing his job. Unless Devin's job is being a rich asshole

lastmanonearth

Devin Weston. He sort of reminds me of this speedwalker. A cross between him and Ben Stiller perhaps. I can`t stand him! Steve Haines is at least somewhat cool.

• Like 2

TheOneLibertonian

Devin didn't do sh*t and he didn't give Franklin his pay. At least Steve gets to tag along with the group, and sacrifice himself with his goddamn leg.

Shadowfennekin

Devin. He was a f*cking bitch and ripped the Protags off

Voit Turyv

Why would we care?

lastmanonearth

Why would we care?

Why would we be discussing sh*t on GTA Forums and not care?

• Like 2

SuperGTFan

Michael and Trevor are bigger dicks than Haines and Weston will ever aspire to be .

Son of Zeus

You know what's funny?

If you found them so annoying that you had to make a topic on it, you're indirectly giving the impression that the antagonists are good. Because they've been created to annoy the player and make him hate them.

TheOneLibertonian

You know what's funny?

If you found them so annoying that you had to make a topic on it, you're indirectly giving the impression that the antagonists are good. Because they've been created to annoy the player and make him hate them.

It doesn't mean that the antagonists are good. Example, I hated Dimitri so much because that he didn't annoy me, but he was such a treacherous snake that have no remorse of anyone he's betrayed. Dimitri is also threatening as well, while both Weston and Haines do not threaten MFT that much, but they were so annoying. I just made this to see what people's opinions are. Not to indirectly say that they are good antagonists. SMH.

Edited by The_Ghost
  • Like 2

lastmanonearth

You know what's funny?

In that case Niko Bellic is the best character ever.

I hated Dimitri so much because that he didn't annoy me, but he was such a treacherous snake that have no remorse of anyone he's betrayed. Dimitri is also threatening as well, while both Weston and Haines do not threaten MFT that much, but they were so annoying.

I don`t know... both Haines and Weston were all like "You gotta do this, or else!" or "If you don`t do this, you`re screwed!" the whole entire game. Most of the missions were doing tedious garbage for these two that doesn`t get you anything. And at the end Devin tries to force you to choose between endings A and B (he obviously doesn`t suggest ending C.)

Edited by lastmanonearth

I'm not sure if it was R* intention to make their antagonists annoying over threatening. If it was then they did a good job on the annoying vibe, but the threatening antag makes the best kind of antag.

lastmanonearth

I'm not sure if it was R* intention to make their antagonists annoying over threatening. If it was then they did a good job on the annoying vibe, but the threatening antag makes the best kind of antag.

Yeah Devin`s more Stephanie McMahon annoying than Dimitri annoying. Dimitri was pure evil that had to be extinguished, because he kidnapped and tortured Roman just because he could, while Devin is just a really annoying douche, an intolerably ridiculous walking stereotype hipster billionaire who thinks he`s above God. They`re all annoying though, but there`s something admirable about Steve Haines for example putting his job ahead of his own life, while Devin is just a scared little bitch.

• Like 2

TheOneLibertonian

Yeah Devin`s more Stephanie McMahon annoying than Dimitri annoying. Dimitri was pure evil that had to be extinguished, because he kidnapped and tortured Roman just because he could, while Devin is just a really annoying douche, an intolerably ridiculous walking stereotype hipster billionaire who thinks he`s above God. They`re all annoying though, but there`s something admirable about Steve Haines for example putting his job ahead of his own life, while Devin is just a scared little bitch.

Agree, Dimitri was hated because he was so threatening and that he got Roman kidnapped and he burnt down Roman's apartment and business. Devin is just a douche billionaire who is corrupt and annoying, not threatening IMO.

SuperGTFan

Agree, Dimitri was hated because he was so threatening and that he got Roman kidnapped and he burnt down Roman's apartment and business. Devin is just a douche billionaire who is corrupt and annoying, not threatening IMO.You have a sharp tongue The-Ghost , it's only a matter of time before it cut out of your mouth , GOODBYE ! Edited by SuperGTFan

TheOneLibertonian

Agree, Dimitri was hated because he was so threatening and that he got Roman kidnapped and he burnt down Roman's apartment and business. Devin is just a douche billionaire who is corrupt and annoying, not threatening IMO.You have a sharp tongue The-Ghost , it's only a matter of time before it cut out of your mouth , GOODBYE !

You also have a sharp tongue. Why can't you deal with my opinion? Just asking.

......just joking xD.

Edited by The_Ghost

SuperGTFan

The-Ghost

Because you robbed Bulgarin twice and killed Mikhail, you know no more of loyalty than I do .

Algonquin Assassin

Agree, Dimitri was hated because he was so threatening and that he got Roman kidnapped and he burnt down Roman's apartment and business. Devin is just a douche billionaire who is corrupt and annoying, not threatening IMO.

IMO what makes Dimitri such a great antagonist is he's a pussy and a taunting c*nt. I mean think about it after he stabs Niko in the back the only contact he has with Niko are the taunting phone calls.

I still lol when Roman is kidnapped and after Dimitri sends the photo of Roman you can call him and Niko threatens to rip his face off. I always picture him on the other end listening to it completely sh*tting himself.

As for the question Weston is the biggest douche. He really has no business sticking his nose where it doesn't belong.

• Like 4

GTA IV Signature V4 by Lettermaniac on DeviantArt

PhillBellic

In my opinion, Dimitri, through his behaviour, and actions, made you hate him.

TheOneLibertonian

The-Ghost

Because you robbed Bulgarin twice and killed Mikhail, you know no more of loyalty than I do .

I didn't rob Bulgarin. The ship sunk on the Adriatic. And no, I killed Mikhail because you f*cking told me to.

IMO what makes Dimitri such a great antagonist is he's a pussy and a taunting c*nt. I mean think about it after he stabs Niko in the back the only contact he has with Niko are the taunting phone calls.

I still lol when Roman is kidnapped and after Dimitri sends the photo of Roman you can call him and Niko threatens to rip his face off. I always picture him on the other end listening to it completely sh*tting himself.

As for the question Weston is the biggest douche. He really has no business sticking his nose where it doesn't belong.

He uses his threats to Niko while on the phone, instead of facing him personally. Dimitri in reality is a pussy like you said, but he is also very smart. He uses Niko to kill off his best friend and then suddenly he betrayed Niko. Dimitri probably knew what Niko is actually doing. Through Bulgarin. Dimitri is often a step ahead of Niko, until the end of course.

Edited by The_Ghost

SuperGTFan

The-Ghost

I didn't rob Bulgarin. The ship sunk on the Adriatic. And no, I killed Mikhail because you f*cking told me to. I cannot believe that you will steal from my friend Bulgarin twice , first in Europe , and now these diamonds in Liberty City .

You are in dept to him The-Ghost , why don't you just pay him what you owe , and then we can all get along ?

Edited by SuperGTFan
  • Like 1

TheOneLibertonian

F*ck you, Dimitri. I'll break your f*cking spine. :p

Enough of that, let's go back to topic. Shall we?

Edited by The_Ghost
  • Like 1

SuperGTFan

The-Ghost

😛 sure , on- topic ; Haines and Weston suck balls , Harold Joseph was way better .

At least he used a gun to fight you before his death , not filming a show or playing on an iPad like you know who I'm talking about .

• Like 1

TheOneLibertonian

The-Ghost

sure , on- topic ; Haines and Weston suck balls , Harold Joseph was way better .

At least he used a gun to fight you before his death , not filming a show or playing on an iPad like you know who I'm talking about .

Harold Joseph who? I can't remember him. Wasn't he the guy who has the same name as a limo?

Edited by The_Ghost

SuperGTFan

The-Ghost

sure , on- topic ; Haines and Weston suck balls , Harold Joseph was way better .

Harold Joseph who? I can't remember him. Wasn't he the guy who has the same name as a limo?More like a guy who should toss a salad .

Peachrocks

I'm actually going to go against the popular vote and choose Haines.

I'm not going to say Devin's a good guy but the question is who was a bigger dick. In my mind, Haines wins easily.

Whether Devin intended to honestly pay the characters or not is really never covered in great detail it's just shoved under the carpet because of the whole Brad ordeal and the whole debate of 'did we just get ripped off or are we going to get paid eventually?'. They never get back to it which sure doesn't exonerate Devin from dick status it does give him 'some' leeway. His role in the plot was too accelerated and it's one of the most often discussed flaws that Devin just doesn't come off as a meaningful antagonist and this is partly why. He doesn't have enough time to truly develop to absolute dick status other than his general actions.

Furthermore, he only turns on Michael after he refuses to play along with Devin's scheme and then believes Michael murdered Molly and honestly, based on Michael's reputation, it's not an unreasonable assumption. It wasn't a nice scheme sure and he deliberately kept it from Michael knowing he'd refuse if he knew the whole plan and of course he underestimated Michael's loyalty to Solomon but both of the major 'bad' things he does in the plot aren't clear cut bad or dickish.

Haines on the other hand. No. This guy is pure 100% dick. Forcing the torture of Ferdinand Karimov who has ALREADY been tortured and who was almost certainly willing to talk, especially to spite his former captors is a massive dick move. It was completely unnecessary. Oh and then he orders him KILLED after he cooperates? That's not even mentioning using excessive and extremely corrupt means to achieve his ends. Yeah, no, it's not even a contest in my mind.

He exists in the plot merely to be an obstacle to the main characters and he's recycled over and over and over and over and it's the biggest gripe people seem to have with the story. Dave is just an under performing agent but tries to do the best he can in bad situations so he's far more clear of any blame. Haines' word is worth as much as used toilet paper and he cares little for anybody except himself. He's not just doing his job, he's someone who enjoys causing pain to others, to have a feeling of power over others which in the GTA environment to have this as a stand out quality is extremely exceptional.

Edited by Peachrocks
  • Like 4

SuperGTFan

I dunno,i never looked their dicks.

You won this topic , here's a turkey leg 🍗