2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Cops are horrible.

erik9631

Cops are OP pain in the bum. The only way to escape 5 stars is by stealing a plane and flying up in the skies.

However what bothers me the most is the spawn system and their 6th sense. You can hide in the bush, you can hide in the alley, you can go in the subway, the cops will STILL come after you even if they do not know you are there.

The spawning system is horrible. The choppers are really annoying. You shoot down all of them and 5 seconds after they respawn. So what is the point of shooting them down in the first place?

Anyone feels the same?

• Like 4

Not really, it resemblance real life. If you would kill a cop in the US and run they will 100% catch you and kill you.

• Like 1

combustion

I feel you too. The choppers are really annoying, as soon as you destroy one, another one appears. The cops are much better than GTA IV's cops, and it's extremely hard to evade them, even in a car.

When I get chased by cops, I usually do sharp turns and leave the city. I'll mostly head for the flats, mountains or the wilderness. The cops won't come there initially, if there wasn't a helicopter chasing you. I'd also try to avoid staying in the same place again and again. There's an increased chance of police coming there, just keep switching places discretely, use silenced weapons and switch cars without drawing their attention.

I wish in the next patch, they'd focus on cop AI instead of 'wasting' mods. They could create a "Cop Difficulty" in the options menu, where we could set the difficult of the LSPD.

DeathBySybian

Best way to lose the cops is to let them kill you.

If you're in a mission, hide in a subway tunnel.

Take frequent turns, cops are fast straight on, but turn like crap.

Don't keep shooting stuff. You have to blow up a lot of cops to get 4 stars, let alone 5.

DentureDynamite

OP: Oh yeah--I hear you! Rockstar cares about tons of arguably tiny details (e.g. car metal contracting sounds), but neglects to correct and balance issues like silencers having zero effect.

For me, it's not an issue of whether or not you can lose them; it's the fact that you continually have to (or hope that your "cool off" time is up so you can call Lester to get them off your back) 100% of the time the second that you do most anything in GTAO.

The cops frequently get in the way of player vs. player interaction in Online. They're like a swarm of irritating mosquitoes that never go away; I ran into that when trying to kill five players last night just to complete my Daily Objectives. You can't even fire a fricking shot without an eventual horde of squad cars and choppers on your tail. That got old really fast, and makes trying to lose them--especially on foot--nearly impossible in most places. Maybe Rockstar thinks it's funny, but most players I know are fed up with it, and want some balance restored.

It's really beginning to ruin the Online experience for me; even owning an "OP" vehicle like the Armored Kuruma.

Edited by DentureDynamite

OP: Oh yeah--I hear you! Rockstar cares about tons of arguably tiny details (e.g. car metal contracting sounds), but neglects to correct and balance issues like silencers having zero effect.

For me, it's not an issue of whether or not you can lose them; it's the fact that you continually have to (or hope that your "cool off" time is up so you can call Lester to get them off your back) 100% of the time the second that you do most anything in GTAO.

The cops frequently get in the way of player vs. player interaction in Online. They're like a swarm of irritating mosquitoes that never go away; I ran into that when trying to kill five players last night just to complete my Daily Objectives. You can't even fire a fricking shot without an eventual horde of squad cars and choppers on your tail. That got old really fast, and makes trying to lose them--especially on foot--nearly impossible in most places. Maybe Rockstar thinks it's funny, but most players I know are fed up with it, and want some balance restored.

It's really beginning to ruin the Online experience for me; even owning an "OP" vehicle like the Armored Kuruma.

Couldn't agree more. They are seriously annoying and they will come after you for any little thing. I got 1 star last week for punching the air by accident which turned into 2 stars when I tried to escape lol

seriously ? punching the air is reason enough for the police to shoot at me ? ...I laughed at first but then I got annoyed which meant it ended up turning into a 4 star chase, it escalated a bit too quickly for my liking. :lol:

• Like 1

southparkmayor

Once you get three stars and are driving you are f*cked once that helicopter wont get off your ass. or even when flying in a jet. You can go straight up like a rocket going to the moon and there will be a Helicopter spawning out of thin air at over 10,000 feet.

• Like 1

Crystal3lf

Just call Lester and get them removed? Gee, I thought you were supposed to be challenged in a game, are we playing My Little Pony here?

If you're in a mission, hide in a subway tunnel.

True. Jump on a train, get off in the tunnel. Works

• Like 2

LanOsb133

Cops are insanely easy to loose in this game. I dont know what game you guys are playing if its so hard for you but I have never had an issue with a cop before in game. In case you didnt know shooting cops gives you 3 stars, so dont shoot cops just run away... And if you do shoot cops dont shoot a bunch of them, 3 stars is still really easy to get away from.

Also "police ruin online's freeroam PVP" Thats what rockstar intended to do... They wanted something that would hinder the player and cause him a nuisance. In reality they failed, and I personally can get about 10 kills while the cops are on me before I need to run away or let the cops kill me. So just learn how to work the mechanics better, I personally think they are fine the way they are.

CrazyPaladin

My only complain is that they do "conveniently" search the more obvious hide spots near you, even on foot, making low wanted level evade annoying. But soon you'll learn you can't just hide near the crime scene and needs to be on the run, and those alleys aren't gonna cut it anyway and you'll start to use railway, off-road areas and best of them all the tunnels. Helis are easy to out run, and you need good spots to avoid line of sight. If you do want to actually evade cops. you don't want to shoot the heli to enrage them, just, run.

longboardskier

It's possible to lose the cops just in a car. You have to pretty much just watch your HUD, but I've managed to lose a 5 star a couple times that way. Lots and lots of turning!

Spider-Vice

The only thing that annoys me a bit is how stupidly they spawn and where they spawn just to get you.

taeL5lw.jpg

• Like 2

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

DentureDynamite
Just call Lester and get them removed? Gee, I thought you were supposed to be challenged in a game, are we playing My Little Pony here?

Um, no. Because I don't have time to keep wasting 5-7 minutes just to lose the cops every other thing.

I'm still somewhat of a new player, and have killed 7,941 cops, with 7,920 wanted stars; somehow I'm just not a fan of spending 84h 58m 39s with a wanted level.

Gets old.

Cops aren't as stupid as in GTA IV, it's way harder to escape, but the best strategy is to find a bush and hide in it or just go to some tunnel or underpass and wait there and if you're lucky the cops won't go searching for you, they will definitely won't go searching for you in the subway or in the train tunnel.

Also the best way to escape 4 or 5 stars is to have rpg or lock on rpg and just shot down the pesky choppers with headlights and just head to the mountains and avoid the cones of vision of the newly spawned police helis.

I also love when you're on 1 or 2 stars the police go searching to the last place where the crime happened, and then they search the area, however, when you have 3 stars and more they just seek out for you, but as I said, if you're quick enough you can avoid the cones pretty easily :)

I also love to go the military base on sanchez and just go through the gates where is only 1 soldier guarding it and other 2 soldiers guarding the heavy entrance and you're free to steal the lovely maneuverable green jet or the little bird, or if you're lucky enough you can get the attack jet or even the tank if if you're lucky :) but thats a bit offtopic.

Edited by 3rr0r

The best way to run out of a cop is by driving and going to every corner, once the cops ain't looking anymore, you gotta dump your car and get a new one, they won't recognize this new one unless you come real close to them (not the view area, but even closer). About the chopper, yes, that's true, they should give you atleast a time to run. In time I learned a few ways to get out of cops, which now is even easier than GTA V (since the time I learned how they worked). Ex: You can hide in the bushes, but if they get very close they will be able to see you. So you gotta hide, get cars, fly around, etc. Hide yourself in alles, and you will be fine too.

I think that the cop system is okay apart from the chopper part. If only they would make these choppers return in atleast like five minutes, then the system would be perfect and balanced.

Streifenkarl

Cops are OP pain in the bum. The only way to escape 5 stars is by stealing a plane and flying up in the skies.

No. Use the subway tunnels and you're homef ree. Use the train-tracks and you're home free. Use the submarine and you're home free.

Me and my buddy shot hundereds of cops and noose guys in the subway entrance yesterday and we simply walked through the subway tunnels and that was it.

Edited by IchliebeDeutscheland

I think the biggest mistake people make when they complain about how "unrealistic" the AI and spawning is, is that they forget about the dozens of ways in which getting away from the cops is unrealistically easy. Of COURSE there's going to be some good challenge to it, you're in a world where breaking LOS for 2 minutes causes every cop in the city to forget that you just murdered half their friends. You can have a dozen squad cars completely surround the parking garage you are hiding in, and as soon as that magic timer is up you can floor it out the front entrance, covered in bullet holes and laying on your horn, and they don't even bat an eye.

As far as choppers go? You ever try getting away from a police chopper IRL? It basically doesn't happen. They are dead easy to get away from in GTA, there's hundreds of things to hide under and as soon as you break LOS they are utterly bewildered.

• Like 2

seriously ? punching the air is reason enough for the police to shoot at me ? ...I laughed at first but then I got annoyed which meant it ended up turning into a 4 star chase, it escalated a bit too quickly for my liking. :lol:

Were you playing Franklin by any chance? :O

The only small complain I may have is the spawn system, if you escape the police by car the annoying spawn system automatically makes you meet police cars coming at you, sure that may be realistic, but the problem is that it happens too fast, it would have been better if the system was a bit more spread out so the spawning cops spawned a bit further on the map, so they aren't spawning so close to you and starts looking for you so fast. And GTAV is unfortunately suffering from the system that makes every AI react, even if there was only one that saw you. Radio communication delay would have been great.

Were you playing Franklin by any chance? :O

lol I was online but I guess my character does look kind of dodgy. :wtf:

I think the previous GTA's taught us bad habits with police evasion because (through no fault of are own) they were way to dumb/easy.Police work in packs in big citys if they are hunting down COP killers. Fuk in RL an equivalent 3 star wanted on you would have SWAT buzzing in with choppers, armoured vans and roof top snipers looking for you.

I think it should be hard, because in previous GTA's is was way to easy to be a GOD. However there are some real annoyances with the detection system. What i have noticed is a tag system, i picked up from IV and its the same here. So lets say for example you shoot someone or even in the air. You wait for the star and the police chatter and thats the ID TAG. I guess what it means is the location and if the player is on foot or in a car. If you change that description, like get in a car you can quite often watch the star turn grey as the TAG was for a male on foot. In some cases you can drive right by them. You cant get away with this on 3 stars as police will spot you easy but it can be done if your out of sight and do a car a switch like in a multi storey car park.

1 star evasion once you understand it is piss easy to evade. They will drive to the spot the crime was committed. Your gone. Watch them then magically walk your way (keep an eye on the FOV cone they have) they will literally walk to were you are for some magic annoying reason. All you need to do is move away before they get there and that's 1 star gone. If they spot you just run far enough or drive away. 3 stars requires you to drive away from the cars so that just a heli is on you.That way you shoot it down or you use the hillsides to drive down fast as hell to break its FOV. 5 is supposed to be almost impossible to get away from. You have to go underground for that like the sewer system. Flying should be a winner but the spawn system is ridiculous so dont bother

And that doesn't make sense?

Cops are fine. For once you're actually required to have some evasion skills in order to escape, I like it. It is occasionally weird that they manage to spot me in an underground parking even though they have no line of sight, but hey nothing is perfect. Though there are plenty explanations for that too, mostly random factors: CCTV, witnesses... no that's about it.

In fact, I think it's still a bit too easy. It should have some kind of vehicle and character description system like Mafia II. In that game you can't just exit "chase mode" then drive in the same blood coated, bullet filled, nearly wrecked car right in front of the cops that were just chasing you a few seconds earlier and pretend nothing happened.

Edited by Le Dude

Cops aren't as stupid as in GTA IV, it's way harder to escape, but the best strategy is to find a bush and hide in it or just go to some tunnel or underpass and wait there and if you're lucky the cops won't go searching for you, they will definitely won't go searching for you in the subway or in the train tunnel.

Also the best way to escape 4 or 5 stars is to have rpg or lock on rpg and just shot down the pesky choppers with headlights and just head to the mountains and avoid the cones of vision of the newly spawned police helis.

I also love when you're on 1 or 2 stars the police go searching to the last place where the crime happened, and then they search the area, however, when you have 3 stars and more they just seek out for you, but as I said, if you're quick enough you can avoid the cones pretty easily :)

I also love to go the military base on sanchez and just go through the gates where is only 1 soldier guarding it and other 2 soldiers guarding the heavy entrance and you're free to steal the lovely maneuverable green jet or the little bird, or if you're lucky enough you can get the attack jet or even the tank if if you're lucky :) but thats a bit offtopic.

I think I was not clear enough.

The issue is not really the AI.

The AI is good. I Like it. It is responsive and they are not mindless chicken waiting for their heads to get blown off.

The issue is spawning. For example: When I parachute into a prison I get like 4 stars and the second I get those stars, cop cars appear 10 feel away from me. How is THIS realistic? It should take them at least 1 minute to send units and respond. The snipers instantly know where you are and despite being in cover they keep shooting at the walls trying to kill you. It is like if they were wall hacking.

But I could live with that as I managed to survive 5 starts for up to 30 minutes by shooting cops and then escaping by plane, but the chopper respawn time has to be changed as there is absolutely no point shooting helicopters down. It respawns the second you shoot it down.

Right now it is more efficient to take out one gunner than the entire chopper, since you cripple it and it will not respawn.

Also cops have some sort of super shotguns? I had full HP and I was 1 hit killed from longer ranges with a pump action shotgun multiple times. I did multiple checks to ensure it is not a sniper rifle or a bolt action rifle or something like that, but it was a simple pump action shotgun.

As I said, escaping 5 stars by a car is not possible. Sometimes even with plane it is not possible. You see I am flying my plane in the skies thousands of meters above los santos and police choppers just keep spawning next to me. How in the hell would a chopper even climb up so high? And how would it know where I am? What is more, how the heck could it catch up with a plane?

Find a bush? Simple enough. I steal a fast car ditch it and hide in a bush. Police chopper comes 20 feet next to the bush with its 6th sense pilot and deploys 4 six sense swat units which will walk to to bush and shoot you down. In the meantime 20 police cars drive around the bush hoping to spot you.

Yes really efficient I know.

The spawning is REALLY bad. And By bad I mean terrible.

Cops are insanely easy to loose in this game. I dont know what game you guys are playing if its so hard for you but I have never had an issue with a cop before in game. In case you didnt know shooting cops gives you 3 stars, so dont shoot cops just run away... And if you do shoot cops dont shoot a bunch of them, 3 stars is still really easy to get away from.

Also "police ruin online's freeroam PVP" Thats what rockstar intended to do... They wanted something that would hinder the player and cause him a nuisance. In reality they failed, and I personally can get about 10 kills while the cops are on me before I need to run away or let the cops kill me. So just learn how to work the mechanics better, I personally think they are fine the way they are.

Oh really? Record, or just tell me how is it possible to ESCAPE 5 STARS without using a plane.

The cops spawn EVERYWHERE.

Edited by erik9631

I dunno. I just had a 56'ish minute 5-star chase which started on the ground, took to the air in a plane I stole at the airport, and ended by landing on the beach and stealing a Speedophile, from which I took out at least ten helicopters while jumping waves, and ultimately escaping in an underpass.

I do agree that the chopper spawns get a bit annoying after a while, especially in some missions/heists. But one does love a challenge.

I do agree that the chopper spawns get a bit annoying after a while, especially in some missions/heists. But one does love a challenge.

Yeah I kinda' second this. But they were always like this, now we just have a reason to hate that.

It is kind of stupid that you keep blowing them up with stingers and they keep sending more. But then again, if cops in this game possessed any kind of intelligence they'd give up after one blew up their 50th cop car.