2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Riot Near You: WWYD?

igotskiz

Amidst all of the Baltimore and Ferguson rioting going on, and all of the topics about such being posted, I have started wondering what my plan would be if I had to leave, or if I would be in any shape to stay and bear it out. So, as topic title says, what would you do? I figure it'd be interesting to see what others' plans are.

So, scenario: something has happened in your local area causing an uproar. Rioters (NOT protesters) are looting, vandalizing property, and assaulting individuals who appear to not be part of the hive mind. There are a few reports of people being killed, either accidentally or maliciously. Police presence has skyrocketed in response.

You, with your amazing perception skills, know it was coming in advance. You had a day to plan and prepare.

Police are using non-lethal countermeasures, such as riot shields, batons, water cannons and tear gas. Rioters are using lethal/semi-lethal measures (ie molotovs, bricks and stones, fisticuffs, baseball bats, crowbars, etc (NO firearms)).

The riot lasts a week (7 days).

What is your plan?

Bug out temporarily/permanently?

Blend in with the crowd until it blows over?

Dig into your trenches and hope for the best?

Etc.

Does your state/country uphold Castle Doctrine? Do you have weapons/permits? Rural/Suburban/Dense Urban home setting? Is local population going to be a problem? Do you have enough food to last a week?

Obviously, please refrain from posting illegal content. Even if your plan is to ride through town killing everyone and stealing everything, don't say that. At least not on this forum.

For myself, I'd probably stay with my mom's house and defend it through the riot, as I trust my father to defend ours. The street provides a clear view in both lateral directions, so I'd get a heads-up from either way long before a threat reaches me there. The woods behind her house would be a problem, as they are pretty dense and hard to see through. I would probably keep that the priority for monitoring.

Easily enough guns and ammunition. Georgia upholds Castle Doctrine for both house, personal property, AND neighboring properties if any lethal threats occur. I have enough canned food and bottled water to last a while, at least. More than a week.

If needed, I'd prepare bags for both myself and my mom if the area gets too bad, however. Truck is good on gas, so I wouldn't have to risk going into town for that.

Edited by igotskiz

Xl anthrax lX

So I live in Arkansas, United States. I have several firearms and I live in a rural area on the outskirts of a very large metropolitan area. If there were riots they would be pretty bad. Since I live away from the city I would just stay home and have some defenses ready such as my home defense shotgun and a my .22 side arm. I have lots of canned food already and a lot of frozen meat. I could probably live like this for a month at least.

sivispacem

This isn't a D&D topic. Moved to GC, let's see how its lasts there.

Untitled-1.jpg
AMD Ryzen 5900X (4.65GHz All-Core PBO2) | Gigabye X570S Pro | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

EK-Quantum Reflection D5 | XSPC D5 PWM | TechN/Heatkiller Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | EVGA GeForce RTX2080 XC @2055MHz | Sabrant Rocket Plus 1TB
Sabrant Rocket 2TB | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | 2x ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

Not a debate, but it's certainly discussion. at least I thought.

just avoid that sh/t.

I wouldn't be caught dead rioting because I'm aware that there are more effective means of producing change or expressing dissatisfaction than burning public property (in the city where you also live/work). rioting doesn't really accomplish anything other than to get attention. a riot is not a plan or a strategy, rioting is simply a strained reaction/release of tension.

• Like 2

Spaghetti Cat

A common saying around here is 'Looters will be shot on sight'. My friend Colt will help out with that.

• Like 2

No Image Available

feckyerlife

i would probably stay home, smoke some weed and play some games and enjoy the time off.

• Like 2

Mr. Scratch

Hire a bunch of Koreans.

• Like 3

Absurdity

Easy enough, sir. (First hide your valuables). Use those 'amazing perception skills' to find out who is orchestrating the riot, lodge safely at their place for the week knowing its the one place least likely to be vandalized then sh*t in their pillow before you leave.

universetwisters

I'll be honest and say I'm gonna go against my principles and try to get myself a video camera. But then again, I'm not gonna be doing it in the name of *whatever they're rioting about* and I'm not gonna deny the possibility that I might get killed. If I'm not, hooray, I got a camera. If I do, nothing of value was lost.

universetwisters

Nothing professional at least. You're implying I have money.

7oDhF1-580x438.jpg

this sums it up pretty well

• Like 5

Mr. Scratch

You don't need a f*cking Arri Alexa for what you're doing.

universetwisters

You don't need a f*cking Arri Alexa for what you're doing.

Stop getting so pissy, I might as well take a good Cannon if I see the opportunity to take it.

Which is what all rioters really are.

Edited by universetwisters

hqdefault.jpg

For reference, I'm the middle guy.

• Like 2

Mr. Scratch

Well then you might as well find a camera crew and jack they sh*t.

Which is what I'd do.

I'd probably hang out at my uncle's place. He's a retired cop (used to be in the Navy too) and has a wide variety of rifles and handguns to choose from. I'd probably go for the AK-47 and bunker down until things blow over. :p

Edited by Killer Queen
  • Like 2
KillerQueen.gifZfyQr7F.png

Dingdongs

sit in the police station

Edited by Irviding

Ai®a©ob®a

Cleveland would be the next logical choice if riots were to break out since we have the conculsion of the Michale Brilow case is wrapping up (He was involved in the 2012 police chase that ended in the dead of two unarmed black people where over 200 rounds were fired with Michale shooting 48 rounds himself) although the way things look now he is going to be found guilty.

Then we have the Tamr Rice case which has yet to be ruled on whether charges will come or not.

But with Cleveland being an hour away i don't think i have anything to worry about and even if it managed to get into Akron area i am still far enough away to not have to worry about anything but if did i have plenty of emergency supplies such as food, water, batteries and guns to protect my home and my neighbors.

I'd send my girls to their grandma's for a few days but i'd stay to protect my property and my neighbors who can't go anywhere

Edited by Troubadour

Get a week's worth of food, block off all the doors and windows on the 1st (ground) floor of the house, and wait it out.

I would be in no way interested in injuring or killing anyone during those 7 days of rioting, so I'd just give warning shots to anyone trespassing onto my property or throwing objects at my house from the street. If anyone breaks into my house, then, well... I hope they are aware of the castle doctrine laws in my state.

Get a week's worth of food, block off all the doors and windows on the 1st (ground) floor of the house, and wait it out.

I would be in no way interested in injuring or killing anyone during those 7 days of rioting, so I'd just give warning shots to anyone trespassing onto my property or throwing objects at my house from the street. If anyone breaks into my house, then, well... I hope they are aware of the castle doctrine laws in my state.

This.....sums it up perfectly pretty much. I'd just hunker down and be on the lookout. Really wouldn't try to hurt anyone unless they became threatening to myself or my family.

• Like 1

I'd go to my dad's place. It's out in the country (who's gonna riot in a corn field?), it's stocked with a large arsenal of firearms (in addition to be a weapons enthusiast, he's a licensed firearms dealer), and most importantly an ass load of food (a freezer full of meat).

In the case that for some reason I wasn't able to go there (where I personally own an AK-47 and a long rifle), I live in a third-floor apartment. I'd hit up some grocery stores for canned/dry goods and bottled water (and some booze, of course). I'd shove the couch in front of the door and bunker down. Only weapons I'd have on hand are knives and I doubt I'd be able to afford a gun from a store. I'd probably call up my buddy across town, too. He has guns.

If this were in a situation where I had my own home in the city, I'd board up the front doors and windows, most of the back, set myself up on the roof and pop any motherf*cker that came on my property (cop or protester, it matters not).

twang629.gif

Alexander

Find a safe place.

E: And what Broseph below.

Edited by AlexanderS4

I wouldn't give a sh*t and keep playing Xbox

• Like 4

Seems like the perfect opportunity to dedicate a day/night to one particular god.

Berserk_di_khorne.jpg

Blood for the blood god, skulls for the skull throne, etc.

gangster2332

i would kill big smoke and tenpenny so i can finnish end of the line. cuz after that the riots are over