2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Spoiler Alert? - Seeing T.P. kill J.K. made me really sad....

jooms321

Merged Topics

I know it's not rational, but I always felt that the Johnny character was the only GT

I know it's not rational to care, but for some reason seeing Trevor kill Johnny Klebitz really got to me. I always felt that Johnny Klebitz was the only character in GTA who was actually genuinely worried about his moral psychology and the well being of others instead of going 'F*** it'. That's in spite of being a Meth dealer.

When I saw Trevor -who doesn't value life- kill Johnny it really got to me because Johnny was even willing to empathize with Trevor who was banging his 'wife' basically. Because Johnny still loved his hoe even after being betrayed and because he was willing to let it go, he gets murdered by Trevor.

It made me sad to think that Johnny K.'s empathy wore him down and defeated him as he became more and more of a Meth head instead of... being a Meth head.

It's also because Johnny vaguely reminded me of my brother, if my brother got addicted to meth instead of becoming a shop teacher.

I got so upset I stopped playing the game for a bit because I didn't understand why no one was killing Trevor and as much as I love the game for being fun my main motive now is to hopefully get Trevor into a position where he dies as slowly and painfully as humanly possible and I don't like playing as him.

Anyway, I'm probably the one guy who plays this game and thinks it's more fun to avoid killing the pedestrians than it is icing them, but at least they are just static caricatures.

Edited by slohbur

Fallcreek

So how about them spoilers, huh.

• Like 4

7NsrQkB.png

GamesBoy316

I was disappointed. I don't know what the hell the writers were thinking, because Johnny would have never acted like this from the ending of TLAD. He was the complete opposite. If they did this just to introduce Trevor and have shock value, then that's completely stupid. This was a big middle finger to the TLAD fans who played GTA V.

Edited by GamesBoy316
  • Like 3

Spaghetti Cat

I think the OP just died mid-sentence. RIP buddy, we barley knew ye.

• Like 4

No Image Available

I was disappointed. I don't know what the hell the writers were thinking, because Johnny would have never acted like this from the ending of TLAD. He was the complete opposite. If they did this just to introduce Trevor and have shock value, then that's completely stupid. This was a big middle finger to the TLAD fans who played GTA V.

I'm not a huge TLAD fan, but I totally agree. Feels like R* did it to show "Oh, look how deranged this guy is!"

One protagonist

killing the other

is utterly disappointing.

R* expects us to have sympathy towards any main character, and then the they expect us to have a sympathy to a newer character that

kills the older one?

No. Big mistake.

Edited by Tomern11

Why didn't you just edited your other topic instead of making another one? Just saying.

I didn't realize I posted that and I got 5 replies in minutes. It's a brave new world.

LoL (Lots of Laughs)

I was going to delete it, but it's already got 5 replies and I don't really know what I'm doing. I didn't even know that first one got posted until I looked.

Edited by jooms321

Shadowfennekin

Johnny deserved it for breaking his word, getting on meth and hooking back up with Ashley, The meth ruined Johnny, he was a shell of what he once was. Trevor put him out of his misery

Oh yeah! I totally forgot about that! good call. That's some good old fashioned poetry. Also the Topic where I actually finished my post only has 2 replies and this one has 8!

Edited by jooms321

I think you should play as T and subject him to as much pain as possible. That should be your outlet. I found your post interesting in regards to similarities you see between a character and a real life person.

I believe as you play, you will find more things that mirror our reality and cause you to pause and take notice. There's even a way for you to obtain the pain you desire to inflict on him...but I won't spoil it for you.

You aren't the only one that has a certain play style, similar to the one you present. I don't really enjoy mowing peds down in a vehicle or by way of bullets. Have you noticed in some of the missions how they throw people or vehicles into your path...seems there's a choice to be made there...maybe it's for a reason.

Brock Elvis

It was hilarious.

Luis Fernado Lopez cameo when?

PhillBellic

It was a poor move by Rockstar.

• Like 2

TheOneLibertonian

I was incredibly disappointed, not only by Trevor's actions, but also the way that Rockstar characterized Johnny. It's so out of character and why the f*ck that he f*cking reunited with Ashley. Johnny should have stayed in LC and probably start a new life there with Terry and Clay or go somewhere else and ride off into the sunset. Rockstar should have made Johnny at least a better character than he was during V. He deserves a better death, if Rockstar wanted to kill him, but it's better that they should have not killed him. After all that sh*t in Liberty City back in 2008, this is a disgrace for TLAD fans like me.

R.I.P. Johnny Klebitz. Lost, but not forgotten.

Edited by The_Ghost

Seeing Johnny die made me more angry than sad. I wasn't angry at Trevor though, it was Ashley, Terry and Clay.

Terry and Clay let their brother become a meth head and never weened him off of Ashley even after all he did for the Lost. As for Ash, she should be no where near Johnny as Terry and Clay know she's his greatest weakness.for some f*cking reason. She's an ungrateful bitch, not a sister in the slightest and should've been killed well before V. I ran her over after Johnny was killed, it was the least I could do for her crimes against the only man who ever loved her. Been waiting since TLAD to put her down, too bad it was too late.

R* is at fault for all of this nonsense though.

Homicidal Hipster

You can kinda understand why trevor did what he did. I mean he just found out his best friend was alive after thinking him to be dead for ten years. You could tell he was trying to process the information but couldn't because Johnny kept bugging and bugging him until he drove trevor to the breaking point. Johnny should of taken Ron's advice and left it.

Edited by Thelema93

I liked the "Shadowlarvitar" post because I remember he did say that and it kind of has a 'damned if I do and damned if I don't' ring to it.

I was mostly upset because it seems like empathy and caring is often portrayed as noble, but also a self defeating weakness in a lot of media (Nightcrawler, British Empire Duplicity, Capitalism, Scarface). Even when it's not portrayed that way, it's made into a frivolous and weak argument no one should ever listen to seriously (Interstellar, Air Bud, Snow White, Krull).

So I took it as another example of where our perception of society and ourselves is at. I guess it's nothing new to worry about the good dying young.

I think it's important to consider that everything we have in the world today like technology, medicine, and infrastructure came from people working together. Domination and violence never did anybody any good ever except maybe as a really F'ed up catalyst that also alienates us from each other. Also I think a lot of rich people today need to remember that not long ago the money ball got rolling from people making things that work (because they were experts in their field) for other people to use.

Anyway it's not that I didn't grow up loving war and action, it's just that I think we should keep it contained in movies and games where it belongs until we're finally done with it because then you can comment on it without anyone actually getting hurt. The only thing that bugs me is sometimes it feels like we kind of stalled out a bit after some great stuff like the Iliad, Bible, and Qu'ran from ages ago, but I guess at least we have neurology now, which is probably for the best if less artistic and magical.

How do you feel about how the effectiveness of our moral ideals is perceived? : )

PS. GTA V is a lot of fun and I love how all the objects bounce off each other and interact!

Edited by jooms321

lastmanonearth

I'm not a huge TLAD fan, but I totally agree. Feels like R* did it to show "Oh, look how deranged this guy is!"

One protagonist

killing the other

is utterly disappointing.

R* expects us to have sympathy towards any main character, and then the they expect us to have a sympathy to a newer character that

kills the older one?

No. Big mistake.

I don`t think they want us to feel sorry about Trevor. I find him to be the mindless tool of destruction, made for hormonal boys to enact their wet dreams of causing chaos. It`s understandable though that some people take it far enough that they try to humanize Trevor, but again I think that misses the point of what he was intended for.

All I wish they did was make Johnny's death more... meaningful. Make him some sort of Trevor's enemy/villain. Would have been far better than the asians, I know that as a matter of fact. Or maybe both!

A standoff between two protagonists with completely opposite game styles, now THAT would have been a better way to send Johnny away rather than the poor Trevor kickoff we got.

• Like 3